• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about sweetspotting w/ the hookshot.

MeHo

Smash Cadet
Why is it that sometimes if you press A/Z right after the hookshot hits the ledge, you'll get reeled in right away and sometimes you jump? Is it like random or what? And is it possible to instant edgehog by light shielding if they sweetspot?

_KuyaSombreo_

Smash Ace
usually, if you aim straight for the edge it is an instant grab, and if you are fast enough you can get in a ledge hopped attack or whatever you want to do

i dont know about using lightshield to edgehog though

cjugs

Smash Ace
I have done it several times and sklers guide said that he isn't even sure how this happens, but if there is a chance for a sweetspot to a instant grab its a sweet spot that's even smaller then the battle field ledge. i have the same question because i never see it done consistantly in match.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
watching HDL, he sweetspots it straight to the ledge every time. so there must be a way to do it. I know a samus main who does it pretty consistently, ill ask them

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
it's where you aim it. If you go too low or too high, you'll miss the sweet spot and jump instead of reeling into the ledge.

Spife

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure there's different sweet spots per stage. FoD you can go really low, and BF (you know that incredibly tiny edge to hookshot?) you can miss the sweet spot.

So we should get the hitbox frames for the sweet spots or something. I want to know the instant-teleport sweetspot windows lulz.

Top Bottom