• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:| Queensland Player Rankings Discussion - Brawl Ranks Updated |:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I should probably just shut the **** up and leave, but to answer your question,
its probably because qld is part of a greater community, and qld tournies and events are open to out of staters, and also because some out of staters are friends with qld players and talk to them via this thread (maybe, I cant think of any that spring to mind...)
so man up and deal with it.
ok now I'll shut the **** up and leave.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I have no problem with people from other states posting in here and would invite them to do so.

>.>

I LAG

Smash Lord
i think its about time i invade the QLD threads. the system that ur going with now seems to be the best imo

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
hypotheically there are 10 tournies a year.

how about:
your best 6 tournies count.. well that add to your overall total.

this way people dont get so far behind if they miss a tourny.. however people that go to more have better chance of scoring higher and improving there score.

something like that

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
How about you do power-rankings like smart people?

Or instead of giving points you take the person's average ranking from each tourny, giving people 'levels' on his skill of the game, so you have 2 different tables, skill ranking and overall tournament ranking, which is the ultimate one.

For example David is a 100/100, Zac is a 85/100, Kas is also an 85/100... You don't have to use a scale upon 100, 10 will do or w/e. But to keep this accurate you have to take the skill levels upon various results, because people improve, or in Booker's and Gord's case, they stay **** or fail even harder.
So say after every 3 tournaments you redo the skill levels of every person.

So for example if David attended tournies and got first for 3 tournies and missed the other one, he'd still be first. Because he's Dave <3

It's just a suggestion, too lazy to do work to go in depth, thats what you do Vyse, because you have lots of time.

And don't be a ****wit and mix Brawl with Melee rankings, otherwise I'm going to get Zac to slap you in the face again.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Brawl.

Melee.

Do not mix.

It's like adding Juggy and Zac to a Brawl thread.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Just because a couple of people don't want to see what a combined ranking looks like doesn't mean the rest of us don't. It can only encourage people to play both games and any system that encourages increased participation in both games is one I'll employ willingly. Neither game invalidates the skill sets required by players of either game. Don't give me any crap about it either, your anecdotal evidence can bite me til Syke places above Ryan in a Brawl tournament.

Even then, if Syke placed above Ryan, I wouldn't be the least suprised because it wouldn't be very difficult for a player of Syke's calibur to pick up Marth, who is largely unchanged, and play very well simply because of the similar (albeit very different) way in which both games are played.

Doing tournament performance averages for an average skill level is a messy idea. What happens if somebody only decides to go to one tournament this year, but comes first?

I'm quite happy with this formula, is simple and effective and promotes continued participation. And everybody has a standing, it's not just 'oh, these three will probably win', everyone along the ladder can try to improve themselves and by merely attending more they can do so.

If somebody wants to do some kind of skill ranking, go right ahead. I'll add it to the OP. There's a multitude of equasions and ways to interpret tournament data. I've decided upon the current one.

In fact, I hope somebody other than me is going to step up and start running tournaments. I really only plan on running tournaments through LanSmash because running through them requires less time on my part. I could afford to waste time last year on smash, but I'm off to Uni, so it'll be getting my full attention over this.

This isn't a Power Ranking. This is a reflection of tournament participation and placement. A power ranking would take into account that even though a player may have missed a tournament, they are still indeed the best. It would also take into account out of state performance and that kind of thing.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
First of all, most people, especially me, don't accept that Brawl is anything like Melee, and by combining those two noob rankings you're just showing how stupid you really are. Shaya is 2nd, and he sucks at both Melee and Brawl. Accurate right there Vyse.

your anecdotal evidence can bite me til Syke places above Ryan in a Brawl tournament.
^^^^^

Doing tournament performance averages for an average skill level is a messy idea. What happens if somebody only decides to go to one tournament this year, but comes first?
Then you take him out of the rankings? It takes 3 tournaments to set a mean and he's gone to one. Go figure Vyse, you're smart enough.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Anything you say in terms of my aparent stupidity is subjective, GTR. Insulting somebody isn't going to make them receptive to your ideas. I'll concede that yours is a good idea. A skill average over say three tournaments this year decided upon by the community. However, that would also be something we'd have to look at down the track. We haven't got much at all to work with since it's the start of the year, though, I guess that's what you were getting at juggie :(

It makes little difference unless somebody wants to step up as a TO. I would prefer it if somebody else stood up and planned their own tournament for either game. I wish you were here Juggie </3 You seem like the only one that really cares for the Melee scene anymore (Or at least, cares enough to keep it's flame burning [Pun intended])

The combined ranking is there for people who want to compete in both. So I think I'll remove anyone who doesn't compete in both games until they begin to. That should keep people seperate, whilst still catering for those who want to do well in both.

Does that address everything?

EDIT:
Oh and Happy Valentines day.
Less than four hours of it left so don't waste it!
*Goes back to watching anime*

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
So I think I'll remove anyone who doesn't compete in both games until they begin to. That should keep people seperate, whilst still catering for those who want to do well in both.
That is a smart move. Soldier on.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
This is the worst discussion ever... why do we have rankings again? need another excuse for why me and kas are the best in qld?
btw this was on smashwiki:

Ranking Smasher Character
1. Syke Fox
2. Sirias Fox
3. Tristan Samus
4. Sloth Falco
5. Accelerate Falco
6. Radiance Marth
7. Scrubs Peach
8. King Kong C. Falcon
9. Get That Rat Ice Climbers
10. Vyse Falco
11. Gosu Peach
12. Moose Peach
13. NG7 Fox
14. K-0S C.Falcon
15. Sieg Samus
16. Yokai Pikachu
17. Azure Rune Yoshi
18. D.J Cat Yoshi

definitive imo.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
dont really like combined rankings..i have a reason dont want to explain it =P

average idea is good. needs more tournies than 3... use the "vyse" system til then

tired of this thread, had a great valentines day =P

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Touchy topic. For both sides. Antho is doing the right thing though. Good Luck.

I hate Ghaya just as much as the next person but he attended both tournies and thats why hes where he is.

Zac i'll win the next one. You'll see.

Also tristan and radiance dont even have melee anymore. Played tristan the other day he cant even wavedash. So embarrassing. But hey if the starcraft tards wanna play that then be my guest.

SO yeah like Juggy said theres point arguing about this any further untill theres at least 2 more tournaments.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Not that hard to pick up Melee tech again, a day of practice will get him back to how he was before, but I guess we've developed a little bit so he might be behind. Maybe.

I'm not second best, lol. Third or Fourth.

I feel like playing Brawl.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I don't mind this system, sure it could use a bit of changing/tweaking in a way, I'm sure Vyse will figure something out. Only thing I don't really get is why Out-of-staters are in the "Queensland" player ranking. I don't mind them coming to tourney's though, more fun for us. Just find it strange is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom