• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Medusa's Secret Hideout

Favourite commander of Medusa's army?

• Twinbellows

• Dark Lord Gaul

• Hewdraw

• Pandora

• Thanatos

Results are only viewable after voting.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Maybe Captain N entire possible cast with will be complete ! Seriously that's maybe a nod for Medusa since she's the only one besides Pit and Palutena to appear in that game
You remind me that it would be nice to have King Hippo as an assist for Punch-Out.

Machete

Smash Ace
It makes me unreasonably mad that we don't have assists for every series that could conceivably have them. One of the reasons I liked having the Klaptrap AT. Street Fighter, Final Fantasy and Punch Out at least absolutely should have one.

Not really a problem with Kid Icarus though, but I'd still love to see best girl Amazon Pandora as an assist, as well as an obligatory alternate color for Medusa.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Considering Pikmin got an assist trophy, I believe that other series will get one as well. Of course, it's harder for retro series, so it's not that bad if G&W, IC and ROB don't have AT, but yeah, Punch-Out, a game that is all about characters after all, should really have one.

And Kid Icarus' AT are still missing so let's hope we will see them soon! I can't imagine Magnus not returning.

Machete

Smash Ace
I'm betting on the new Pokemon (almost certainly Incineroar, but I'm hoping for Buzzwole) and not much else, honestly. If we do get echoes, I don't know why, but I see a third party echo blowout (so Ken and Shadow, basically), rather someone like Medusa. So I expect to be underwhelmed with the reveals, but new Nintendo Direct is cause for hype anyways.

And who knows, we might get lucky!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, personally I'm just thinking that it will be either one newcomer or two echoes. If we get more it's better, but I believe that we won't get too much.
And while I really want Medusa, I'm actually betting on Isabelle. Don't know really why, but it seems just... logical to me.

As I previously said, I'd love to have Isabelle AND Medusa at once, because that would spawn fanarts with the two together. And that would be fun.

Scipion3

Smash Cadet
Well, personally I'm just thinking that it will be either one newcomer or two echoes. If we get more it's better, but I believe that we won't get too much.
And while I really want Medusa, I'm actually betting on Isabelle. Don't know really why, but it seems just... logical to me.

As I previously said, I'd love to have Isabelle AND Medusa at once, because that would spawn fanarts with the two together. And that would be fun.
I can already imagine shipfic with Ganon(dorf)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Just as the Black Knight, I was compelled to show my support for Medusa by making a tiny sprite of her...

Does it look alright?

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Here's to hoping Medusa is finally revealed as a newcomer in Ultimate tomorrow.

Just as the Black Knight, I was compelled to show my support for Medusa by making a tiny sprite of her...

Does it look alright?
Looks really good!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
In terms of Echos, I'm hoping for Medusa or Hilda if there are any tomorrow.

I'd also take Roll and Yarn Yoshi but I can't get my hopes pulled in every which way.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'll be holding my tongue for now like I said before. Now if I hear more character vocals/voices/dialogue, especially if a trailer comes (while Pit is somehow in the trailer), then the chance for Kid Icarus will greatly increase. My fingers will be crossed for Phosphora and/or Medusa, and even if they don't show up this direct, there's definitely another chance later on. So for now, let's just be on watch and be wary of any clues, especially if there's more voices.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Echo fighter I would like to see today are Medusa and Hilda, it seems like a perfect time to reveal Medusa.. Also maybe call up Phosphora for more of her assist trophy services, she was my favorite assist in Smash 4.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
For some reasons, with Ryu being on the blog today, I kinda hope for Chun-Li but I know that's irrationnal thinking x)

Let's hope for our goddess to begin with.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Chun-Li would be awesome but I think if we're getting any more SF characters it will be Ken, which I'm cool with as well.

I'm ngl I'm nervous for the Direct, in an excited way.. I constantly keep imagining Medusa getting revealed which only makes me more hyped lol

zferolie

Smash Hero
Given how we missed 9 blog posts on the japan site(going off those website codes people found) I am guessing 1 newcomer and 2 echos. I still think Medusa is going to be saved for the next smash focused direct that talks about the story mode. She and other villain/bad guy echos would fit being revealed there (Like Shadow and either Akuma or Black Shadow)

And you guys brought up an excellent point a few days ago about Hades being a boss. He is pretty perfect for it, especially for his love of talking. He would be a non stop chatterbox I feel during a boss fight.

Machete

Smash Ace
Well, ladies, gentlemen. I wish you luck. I am not expecting Medusa at all in this Direct, but only Sakurai knows what he has in store.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Isabelle looks so hilarious, they really know how to hype me up for characters I've never even played a game of!

That being said.. I'm super surprised to see she isn't an echo, like everybody expected her to be if she'd be in. Which means that even characters who have echo potential might not necessarily become echoes if they were added.

I just already can't wait to see what's more lol.

GoodShepperd

Smash Apprentice
Didn't expect Isabelle to be fully fledged newcomer, and I wasn't hype for her at all before this, but she actually looks really fun and adorable

zferolie

Smash Hero
To be honest, Isabelle gives me hope for an actual Medusa semi-clone!
You know... i kinda feel that too now. Never expected Isabelle to be a semi clone... I think we may be getting more newcomers then we thought maybe. Medusa could be a very cool semi clone of Palutena.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it gives me hope too.. Medusa is so well fit to take over some of those customs of Palutena..

I just wish that Medusa overall had more demand. While there's definitely more support than I expected, it's not nearly as much as the characters we've seen introduced so far. And that's what mainly worries me. I know Sakurai definitely likes to add some more obscure picks, but there's a lot of fanservicing going on for this game and I wonder if that's how they have decided for all newcomers.

But she'd be so easy to add, even the snake hair animations are already there.. Sakurai pls lol

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Remember Sakurai Bias is also on Medusa's side and she's like the Kid Icarus rep that makes the most sense.

Two Uniques, Two Echos
Two Light, Two Dark
Pit and Palutena, Dark Pit and Medusa

It would perfectly balance the Kid Icarus roster.

Last edited:

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
True for sure! I just hope Sakurai will use his bias in this way. I still have my hopes!

Last edited:

GoodShepperd

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it gives me hope too.. Medusa is so well fit to take over some of those customs of Palutena..

I just wish that Medusa overall had more demand. While there's definitely more support than I expected, it's not nearly as much as the characters we've seen introduced so far. And that's what mainly worries me. I know Sakurai definitely likes to add some more obscure picks, but there's a lot of fanservicing going on for this game and I wonder if that's how they have decided for all newcomers.
One thing that's funny to me, and I don't think I've really seen anyone talk about this, is the difference between support for a character amongst the smash community versus support for a character amongst Nintendo's general audience. I say that because Isabelle's thread here actually has less pages than Medusa, at least at the moment. But there's no doubting Isabelle's popularity or that she deserves a spot. That's what makes me wonder about these fanservice picks. For example, if Geno gets in to the game, every smash fan who has followed the games closely is aware of the whole Geno phenomenon. But I'm willing to bet there would be a lot of other people out there scratching their heads wondering who this Blue Pinnochio looking guy is. So I wonder how that factors into the decisions. Not really sure what that means for Medusa

Onua

Smash Journeyman
One thing that's funny to me, and I don't think I've really seen anyone talk about this, is the difference between support for a character amongst the smash community versus support for a character amongst Nintendo's general audience. I say that because Isabelle's thread here actually has less pages than Medusa, at least at the moment. But there's no doubting Isabelle's popularity or that she deserves a spot. That's what makes me wonder about these fanservice picks. For example, if Geno gets in to the game, every smash fan who has followed the games closely is aware of the whole Geno phenomenon. But I'm willing to bet there would be a lot of other people out there scratching their heads wondering who this Blue Pinnochio looking guy is. So I wonder how that factors into the decisions. Not really sure what that means for Medusa
Biggest thing I can say rn is that Medusa is a mythological creature too so even if people dont know about kid icarus theyll know who she is cause lol its medusa

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well we don't have to worry about the limitations of Echos now, Medusa can use Palutena's old special moves and end up with a shiny new number.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Well with Isabelle out of the echo running and probably Dixie will be a semi-clone too if she is in, I guess Medusa can get an echo spot as I still believe we will get 4+ echo fighters.

D

Deleted member

If this means Medusa gets to have her own trailer, this might be the best news possible.

Though I'm still going to argue about Echo Fighter status because that's there.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm pretty calm about all this really. I realize that with that being a Nintendo Direct rather than a Smash Direct, it was a great time to reveal a character like Isabelle, and to see her being her own character rather than an echo surely has me interested in where Medusa will be, and more likely her standalone character with like a few of Palutena's moves, like Warp.

I also randomly typed this dumb thing some time after the direct:

♪You see, my quest is for the KI, the goodness, I can tell you why.
Today may not be its time, but please don't be shy.
Maybe later when we hear voices over the horizon, chances are the time will be for Uprising
It didn't rhyme, and that's fine, everything will be all-right then.

In short, listen for the voices later that will be ever so strong, the hype will come soon, I can't be wrong.
The light shall then shine bright, in time, in time, I must be right. Shout high, shout high, come forth, the Uprising Hype!♪ :ultpit:

It sounds stupid, but like I've been saying before, the greatest thing about it is that if a Smash Direct does appear in October, and once again, character voices/dialogue are around, that would be the perfect time to bless us with Kid Icarus greatness, and that could mean Phosphora and Medusa too. Bonus points if we signs of Kid Icarus content (items and assist trophies) in the next Smash Direct. So consider me surprisingly optimistic.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Basically with Isabelle, we kinda are back at square one: hoping for Medusa as a unique fighter, but sharing Warp, a projectile and maybe some moves like Nair.

We are just more lenient when it comes to copying some moves from Palutena!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Heck I would fully welcome Medusa an complete Echo just for her inclusion if it meant to save more data. DLC is also always an option though.

Top Bottom