• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quakfest 9: Tribute to Sriracha 7-12-08 -PARK ON ROSEWOOD WAY + GO THROUGH SIDE DOOR

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Just go Fox, and shine after every nair. He cant really do anything if he cant grab you.

But you didnt hear it from me....

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i want SS to 4stock me next time...
that would prove that he's trying...
kinda...

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
sheik ***** mario for free

for FREE
Mario isnt as easy of a fight that most Shieks believe it too be. Not only to you have to understand the match up, but you gotta space like a mad man. Shroomed did pretty well seeing as Atmas Shiek is SOOOO much better than mines.

P.S. And oh, pocky, I TOLD you Peach/Jiggs rocked.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
You can't space w/ Mario, b/c practically everyone of Mario's move (except maybe dsmash, ftilt) can be outranged by Sheik's jab alone lol.

Mario can't really do anything, the best thing he can try to do is grab and try to set up combos, but even then it's so difficult to get anything going (not as hard as playing Marth, but still hard regardless).

Shiek can just be gay and space bairs. Mario cannot do a single thing about that. It out ranges everything Mario has.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
idk...
for me, atma's sheik was harder than shroomed's mario...
that could be just the match up, but i wouldn't go so far as to say shroomed is straight up better than atma...
idk...
maybe it does and/or i'm ********...

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I think Peach/Jiggly isn't really that good of a team, it's just disproportionately good against double space animals, which incidentally there was a LOT of at the tourney. Peach/Jiggly against Marths or Sheiks for example do not fare so well. Peter and I had a hard time with Darkatma and Julian, yet Zhu and Falcomist was a 3-2 last stock set.

Also why has nobody mentioned Mario's Fsmash? It's far and away his best move if you space it right. It is probably like the 3rd or 4th best fsmash in the game behind like, Marth Samus and Falco perhaps.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
Okay... This is seriously dumb...

honestly...

Mario vs shiek?

Are u serious?

Norcal...

dont disappoint me like this... Its just sad...

Here...

is...

some...

proof...

link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q6dfELuyxwg

Listen to pocky...

He is from the EC...

Shiek vs Mario = FREE WIN FREE FREAKING FING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Miharu

Smash Hero
It's difficult to land when it matters, though. And even when sweetspotted, it's still difficult to kill with given DI and so on.

Or, you can just use the following mindset: "It's just Mario. He can't do anything," and go from there.

bb.

Smash Apprentice
LOL, i think atma was just nervous, give him a break!

I also believe atma > shroomed =P
and while im at it
PC > Mac
Coke > Pepsi
Melee > Brawl

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
How come people from Norcal always play the same people within there groups?

They never seem to play anyone different...

Example?

Not a single new person or someone i havent met asked me to play a friendly? How is everyone suppose to get better if they play the same people...

I realize this because its true... Who did I play in friendlies?

Pocky, Zoap, Phil, DarkAtma, Ian, Tang, Miharu, Park, LordXBlade

I only played these ppl in tourney... Why isnt ppl stepping up to play people they haven't played before... I know im not cause I just sit down at open TV's and play and wonder who is gonna play me next...

Shroomed

Smash Master
wow, everyone's just all for badmouthing my char lol

Y did he have to be nervous? I can't legitimately win as mario?

ToRn_PaTh

Smash Apprentice
i'll try and stick around for more friendlies next time. had to leave earlyish cos parents would get suspicious > : (

playing new people is awesome.. i played sheridan's zelda, park's yoshi.. id never played against those characters who knew what they were doing before. good stuff

Shroomed

Smash Master
yeah i know u didnt say anythin atma, it's everyone else who's saying it

and btw really good matches, mario can be pretty gay to sheik too with those d-throw chaingrabs or dthrow fsmash (which is what i did quite a few times lol)

pockyD

Smash Legend
we're not making fun of you, we're making fun of darkatma

why would the fact that sheik ***** mario, combined with the fact that you won with mario, be a detrimental opinion of you?

Shroomed

Smash Master
it sounded like u guys were making fun of him for losing to me cuz i suck or something

just because the character i use isnt a good character, doesnt mean i cant use him and do well with him.....sheik may **** mario in general, but that doesnt mean every sheik should beat every mario imo

maybe im just gettin the wrong vibe from this whole convo lol

pockyD

Smash Legend
i was making fun of him to losing for you cuz mario sucks

i haven't played you so i have no idea whether you're good or not

but i'd probably do a sheik vs mario mm even though i don't really play sheik just cuz sheik should **** mario so much :)

Shroomed

Smash Master
i don't know how it's such a horrible matchup, mario can d-throw sheik till like 80% then fsmash

i got a couple friends that main sheik and its not too difficult maybe they're bad or i got good vs sheik iono

pockyD

Smash Legend
mario can dthrow sheik til 60, and if you do that (cg all the way to the limit) you won't get the fsmash

also, at no point is it sweetspot-guaranteed (unless you happen to have unreal pivoting abilities), so you aren't going to finish any sheik with it; you're better off doing a uair combo

yes the CG is pretty nasty, but not only does it not lead to death (and not necessarily even to edgeguarding depending on where you are on the stage), but there is no reason mario should be able to grab sheik at all to begin with

Shroomed

Smash Master
you guys make it sound like sheik is mario's anti-christ or somethin, and either way if sheik doesnt DI the dthrow i can upsmash or somethin

sure it wont kill but i get plenty of ez damage in

pockyD

Smash Legend
well if mario were jesus (i guess this is your analogy? i don't totally understand), then yes, sheik would be his anti-christ

worst matchup, m2k approved

Top Bottom