• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quakfest 9: Tribute to Sriracha 7-12-08 -PARK ON ROSEWOOD WAY + GO THROUGH SIDE DOOR

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
you mean like a real bass? or bass guitar?

bass guitar is ridiculously easy, there's not even really any technique
all you really need is rhythm... and that's something you can't really teach...

quak

Smash Champion
yeah, i know that bass guitar in a band is easy, which is why i play a regular electric in addition, but bass is kinda a fun distraction, look at the vid, and tell me that's easy

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Rhythm = keeping/recognizing time, which CAN be taught.
i didn't literally mean what i said...
i basically meant rhythm is something that (in my experiences) is either quickly grasped or takes a lot of effort to be comfortable with...
thanks for the correction tho. haha

yeah, i know that bass guitar in a band is easy, which is why i play a regular electric in addition, but bass is kinda a fun distraction, look at the vid, and tell me that's easy
that's actually hella tight...
i never dipped into the slap pop style of play...
but it does take technique...

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
NO game has better bassline than ToeJam & Earl: Panic on Funkatron.

Listen to the original midi at bigearlbump.ytmnd.com then tell me I'm wrong.

EazyP

Smash Ace
My work didn't give me the day off, instead gave me 6 days of work in a row and on saturday I work an 8 hour shift

This is utter bull****, angry employee is me, time to complain and look for a new job

ToRn_PaTh

Smash Apprentice
im asian but its too late. i already told him i wanted him to drive me on saturday, so if i ask him to drive me again on that exact day its kinda fishy.

i just gotta be nice to him these few days and hope for the best o.o

pockyD

Smash Legend
i've never totally understood parents saying 'no' purely for the sake of denying their kids pleasure

i'm glad my parents were never jerks like that

ToRn_PaTh

Smash Apprentice
i told them i was going to moraga with a friend when i came to your smashfest, pocky... pretty far away from san mateo hehe. that time i had tommy to drive me, tho. this time i need a ride. quak if you're reading this, im going to try and get a ride from my friend, so dont count me out yet.

my parents dont want me to go because "i dont want you going down that path. once you go down there, theres no return"

my response: WTF (in my head)

Top Bottom