• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Sieg

Smash Champion
I'll have a look at it at work today, see what I need to do. I haven't had my Wii out in so long that I wonder if it's even still working.

If anyone's got a copy of PM or would be willing to show me how to set it up on the weekend that'd be cool?

S.D

Smash Master
ButtonSmash will be on from Feb 28 to March 1 in the lush Entertainment Centre. Looks like Dekar is on the attendance list, you're not going to let him take another major are you? ;^)

https://www.facebook.com/events/561413517311674/
Can't beat the kid at the majors. He's the Phil Mickelson of smash, turns up the jets when it matters. I am king of the locals (aka super buster).

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
I'm going to ask again just incase, if anyone can give me a lift from PW back to the city after that would be awesome.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Russell I got your back.

What do people think about getting some Korean BBQ after PW? Post-tourney meals are the best, plus we can pretend Jbirds is with us by eating similar food.

Last edited:

Sloth

Smash Ace
I'm going to ask again just incase, if anyone can give me a lift from PW back to the city after that would be awesome.
I'm not 100% confirmed, but if I am going I can drop you at South Bank Bus/Train station since it's on my way home.
Naturally someone going into the city will be better for you.

Edit: Silly Smashboards didn't say spup had posted a reply. NVM MY MPOST.

Last edited:

Sloth

Smash Ace
I haven't been to the past few PW tournaments. What structure are we running with for Melee? Start with doubles then Singles (swiss or round robin) ? or vis versas?

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Always doubles first, then pools if the numbers are big enough, then split into a double elim pro and amateur brackets
Works well, also which Doyle face is running melee on Saturday?

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
Always doubles first, then pools if the numbers are big enough, then split into a double elim pro and amateur brackets
Works well, also which Doyle face is running melee on Saturday?
I presume Puppy will be running it as he already agreed to when Archaze asked.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Yup, although I will be relying on people to bring laptops to run the bracket and possibly a stream. Jeremy/Tranq/Zac you guys willing and able to help out there?

Remastered

Smash Lord
Would be good if we can get a second laptop for upstairs at least to run the event. Another would be for streaming if someone can supply it? Smopup filling in for big shoes while Birds is on hiatus.

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
Would be good if we can get a second laptop for upstairs at least to run the event. Another would be for streaming if someone can supply it? Smopup filling in for big shoes while Birds is on hiatus.
If I was there from the start of the day I'd be happy to help out and I could bring a laptop too. I won't be there till late this time though so I can't really do much.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Yeah.. too bad GC will get rekt.
Massive one at buttonsmash will be good. Will give you over half a year to learn to l-cancel Rob ;)

Also, if I need to bring my laptop to run the bracket let me know tonight or tomorrow morning.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Coast and GC combined sounds good.
We need some sort of trophy made up or something. Will be like the Ashes, the winners keep the cup.

MacRobs

Smash Rookie
HeY EVERYONE GOING. I'm visiting AU from Southern cali! Is anyone driving south towards the tourney that would be able to get me along the way? I'm staying on bribie and I could meet somewhere inland.

I know it's short notice but here's to hoping

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Yo guys sorry I had to bail so abruptly. Probably didn't deserve to play grand finals because of it lol. But GGs everyone. Everyone is getting so much better, tournaments get harder and harder every time.

µt8

Smash Rookie
Was awesome to come today and learn so much. Thanks to everyone who gave advice. _seamus

Last edited:

DutchGC

Smash Rookie
Finally made it out of pools in a tourney! (even though so many good people weren't there) Learnt so much today that i'll definitely be putting to use next time around

We have a bit of work to do but give us a few months and GC will definitely be respectable both individually and as a crew

Sieg

Smash Champion
Was a good day, I had a lot of fun playing again, and felt a lot of salt that I haven't felt in a while 11/10 salty chips would come again.

Top Bottom