• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, yet another Melee player coming out of the woodwork. Never been to any tournaments before, so hopefully this will be a good way for me to break into the scene.

Do you guys use the Queensland Smash facebook group or post here on the forums when you guys want to organise meet ups?

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Both are read by just about everyone.
Awesome, once I get settled back into Brisbane in the next couple of weeks I'm hoping to find several other Melee scrubs interested in training together weekly in the lead up to Play Warehouse and Buttonsmash. I guess I'll make a thread here and post in the Facebook closer to then.

S.D

Smash Master
Not sure about PM, it's going to be a pretty small turnout. The idea of this tourney for melee is to get more people in Qld interested, interstate attendance is secondary. Entry into the venue is already $30 and the buttonsmash organiser (not karnu despite how much he thinks he runs the universe) are charging $10 entry into every game. I asked for free entry to entice more locals to show up. This way we're hoping we can get 10-15 turnout and spend most of the day having friendlies and getting people into he game more.

p.s Sam you bum as if you need a tourney pot to cover flights, what happened to travelling for the game?
Well my finances are pretty stretched these days supporting two people on one ****ty income, so as much as I would love to be able to afford to come I actually could use something to offset the expense. Anyway, my post was not a complaint in any way, and certainly appears to be a good move in terms of securing more entrants.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if everyone knows yet, but if you're keen for a tournament and can't wait until ButtonSmash, Archaze is hosting one on February 15. I hope all the new people can make it! Looking forward to meeting you all.

Oh and Tranq, I forgot to mention this, but I was impressed with your play at Bob's the other night. You were looking solid for someone who hasn't really played competitively before.

Remastered

Smash Lord
The best way to keep upto date with the 'Play Warehouse' series is to join the facebook group ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/1374719256122632/ ). My plan is to build this into our monthly venue, come Smash 4's release.

I'll be using this tournament as simply an introduction to the new venue. I had only thought to have a tournament every 3 months there until the new game came out, but if it's a popular enough event, I can pretty much book whatever Saturday best suits us.

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi
I don't know if everyone knows yet, but if you're keen for a tournament and can't wait until ButtonSmash, Archaze is hosting one on February 15. I hope all the new people can make it! Looking forward to meeting you all.

Oh and Tranq, I forgot to mention this, but I was impressed with your play at Bob's the other night. You were looking solid for someone who hasn't really played competitively before.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Do you need the PayPal to register?
If so I might need to get it...

Also if anyone wants to come over now send us a text or just show up.
0448 993 598.k

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Will probably have a meet Sat night.

For future meets we may be able to use Monkey's place at Greenslopes.
Would this location be better for some people?

Plenty of space, we just need to kit it out with some CRTs.

Last edited:

KECTULF

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, yet another Melee player coming out of the woodwork. Never been to any tournaments before, so hopefully this will be a good way for me to break into the scene.

Do you guys use the Queensland Smash facebook group or post here on the forums when you guys want to organise meet ups?
Apologies, I am in the current process of moving house so updates are running slowly on the website. Not many Brawl players are keen by the looks of it. In one week if no more Brawl players have signed up I shall be making brawl a free tournament and refund the single entry so far.

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
SSBM - 9
SSBB - 1

lel

I'm registering tomoz, Gerard hasn't rego'd yet either. Sure we can convince Sooooooooog and blazhew to enter as well. It is free after all :p
We should ask the organisers to maybe consider hosting a free Melee tournament alongside a $10 entry one considering the numbers. 10 players now and it sounds like more are coming.

KECTULF

Smash Rookie
I'm the organizer :p
The Melee tournament was originally $10 to enter but people preferred it to be free.

Honestly I don't mind how many tournaments or activities are ran on the days. I will be trying to stream the main one though.

Last edited:

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
I'm the organizer :p
The Melee tournament was originally $10 to enter but people preferred it to be free.

Honestly I don't mind how many tournaments or activities are ran on the days. I will be trying to stream the main one though.
That makes sense, I think I did read a few posts explaining it was to attract newcomers.

Having a stream sounds awesome, although I'm not particularly looking forward to embarrassing myself in front of the whole internet. :laugh:

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Bobbbbb, can I come to the meet, tooooooo? =[
****in oath mate!

Probably 8 30ish start but I shall confirm tomorrow.
All I need to ask is people try not to be too loud.
Will have 2 people upstairs that need sleep for their silly 5am starts the next day.

Top Bottom