• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I may be able to do 11th.

Edit: YO! Did you guys really create dustforce?! Holy **** I saw that game on the most recent video Games done quick stream and was blown away by how awesome it looks!!

LordOxMoose

Smash Rookie
Also forgot to add, I'm always down for meetups, tourneys, even if someone just wants to have me over and just play games and chill :)

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Excelent write up there.
And good photos too.
Lol at "woman...why did you walk of the stage!" :D

Where do you live these days young Sac?
I am guessing your place would be more central to most people?
Either way, up for BS somewhere.

In general what days and times suit people for these weekend meets?
I am good for Friday and Saturday evenings and will occasionally do day meets too.
Also, we have a bbq here. :)

Remastered

Smash Lord
@Archaze: That little stunt you pulled gave my nightmares, and it wasn't even on me haha.
It was beyond glorious. I apologize for shouting like a maniac when it happened, but damn it was good.

I'll be holding a few meets in the lead up to Smash 4. So you're very welcome to come along to them if you're free. I also want to improve my MK game before I travel for tournies next year. A month wasn't enough time for me to pick him back up again. My timing was off a lot, and I'm making silly errors.

My fox was tight at Santasmash though, and I haven't played him for at least a year.....

S.D

Smash Master
Just quickly:

Huge Thanks to Matt for hosting. One of the most entertaining smash trips I've had. Such a generous host; took care of everything. Also,tell nesdi said thanks, too.

Well Done to Chris;you've improved so much. Keep up the good work.

As for me, I'm gonna take some time and consider whether or not is like to continue playing this game competitively. It's been fun, but I don't think I want to play anymore. We'll see.

Well done to everyone else; Queensland has a pretty amazing scene.
Soooo melee?

Tom Nook

Smash Rookie
I'll be holding a few meets in the lead up to Smash 4. So you're very welcome to come along to them if you're free. I also want to improve my MK game before I travel for tournies next year. A month wasn't enough time for me to pick him back up again. My timing was off a lot, and I'm making silly errors.

I'd definitely be interested. I'll keep an eye out for whats happening.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Check out the SantaSmash Playlist for Brawl sets recorded over the event.

Apples vs. Attila Grand Finals

Attila vs. Jaice Losers Finals
Apples vs. Attila Winners Finals

Dean vs. Jaice
Dean vs. Archaze
Dean vs. Apples w/ commentary by Attila and Archaze
Apples vs. Karnu

More still to come, unfortunately there has been little success with double files so don't expect any doubles videos soon.

Shoutouts:

Archaze: As always, thanks so much for hosting me and helping me have a blast over the weekend. Only 20% of the visit is smash, the rest is to chill with you and Ness co. Tell Ness she needs to harden up and finish Ravenholm.

Attila: Good to see you again after so long, I don’t believe you when you say you lost weight. You eat quite a bit =P. I thoroughly enjoyed our sets, even when I was constantly pressured to put 110% into the game and was nervous the whole time. It’s those games that allow you to gradually grow stronger and further your peak as a player. I hope you reconsider and continue playing smash because I want to see you again at Canberra Colosseum next February ’14.

Karnu: It’s so rare to see someone as keen about the game as you are. I always feel honoured when you come up to ask for advice, even though what I end up saying is hardly useful. Your Lucario has certainly improved over the past few months and you are clearly starting to develop the mindset of a good player. Keep at it and I hope to see you again in the not too distant future! Best of luck with your endeavours next year, it all sounds very exciting.

Zydro: We didn’t talk much, but it was good to see you again =)

Dean: I’ve said this already but I have not played against anybody who is as patient and methodic as you are. I was so impressed with how much control and pressure you were able to apply with a character as slow and cumbersome as DDD, it was quite fearsome to play. I regret not playing more outside our sets and hope to see you again at another future event.

Jaice: Thanks for reminding us all why we don’t start a Mario party that late at night again.

Adrian: You never talk to me yet you pay me out for not saying I was coming, I didn’t even know you’d be there…. Also you must be really proud of yourself by jumping onto a poor soul from a dark corner near the female toilets. Next time I definitely promise to go out and have pancakes even if it means forcing Matt to tag along.

Aero: Have more faith in me will you. “I am honestly surprised, because like everyone says that you’re really bad”. Aero plz, you either play too much league or hang out with the wrong crowd =(

Kaion: Will get those TIO files organised, I really hope that site works because it has soo much potential.

I think all that garlic naan we had the night before the event helped improve the effectiveness of Wario waft the next day.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Well, I've only watched one or two videos since I'm not in Australia at the moment, but damn, Dean played insanely well in some of the matces I've seen so far. That Utilt OOS to punish nado :0

Really well done to all of you and especially Apollo for taking 1'st place. Brilliant work and I'll be sure to watch all the videos once I get home. Very interested to see the bracket.

Looks like it was a great tournament, so well done BC :) If someone holds a meet maybe I'll come up to see/play you one last time before you move away. We'll see.

Really wonder how I would've done had I come to this. If Dean was that red-hot and placed 4'th I reckon I might've got toweled up.

Matt, pls less nadorino. Nah, well done to all of you. Looks like some pretty high class matches so far.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Well, I've only watched one or two videos since I'm not in Australia at the moment, but damn, Dean played insanely well in some of the matces I've seen so far. That Utilt OOS to punish nado :0

Really well done to all of you and especially Apollo for taking 1'st place. Brilliant work and I'll be sure to watch all the videos once I get home. Very interested to see the bracket.

Looks like it was a great tournament, so well done BC :) If someone holds a meet maybe I'll come up to see/play you one last time before you move away. We'll see.

Really wonder how I would've done had I come to this. If Dean was that red-hot and placed 4'th I reckon I might've got toweled up.

Matt, pls less nadorino. Nah, well done to all of you. Looks like some pretty high class matches so far.
Y U NO watch me vs Apples? :(

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
If work doesn't smash me too hard I can be available every day from mid arvo to early evening.
So 3ish till 9 at the latest.
Heaps of room here.

LordOxMoose

Smash Rookie
I'm definitely down for meetups if people are cool with it :)
I'm basically free any day as I'm on holidays.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Maybe Sat evening Phrase?
If I have caught up on enough sleep by then....

Been taking stupid amounts of caffeine just to stat awake at work.
Not good.

Top Bottom