• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] The Power of Science - TPoS6: 21st April

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
updated first post. nothing happened in terms of the ruleset. most important thing to note is that this tpos will be 10am - 4pm which is an hour less than normal. why? because i've got stuff to do afterwards...

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
you wanna remove some of the CP stages soike?

I approve of removing corneria.

****ing stupid stage should never be legal in the first place. Has all the elements of a normally banned stage.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i'll happily take up any serious rule set you suggest. i don't care what rules we play with. i'd play whether it's 2 stages or all stages on. name what you want and i'll update.

i have the out-dated rule set because i believe to leave in as much as possible until it has to be taken out. until you propose an alternate list i'll leave it as is. when you give me a new rule set i'll change it. easy.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I'm used to playing on any crazy stage in qld, it depends what everyone else wants. Most qld'ers love their crazy stages (i don't personally. I hate being taken to floats, cruise or corneria. Not even a fan of brinstar and that's a good falcon stage).

Rulesets these days seem to be moving towards pretty much no counterpicks besides PS. that's the BAM ruleset too I think.

Just depends what everyone else wants.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i've been thinking about having a tiered rule set. where matches with the PR players use a separate rule set to matches that don't have a PR player.

i don't think it'd end up being very practical though. maybe i could just make it so you can counterpick from the old stages but if you're in semis or up then no CP stages can be played at all, only neutrals can be counterpicked.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Or just leave the gentlemen's rule in for those that wanna play silly stages cuz I think if you're willing to seperate players based on "tiers" then you're better off seperating based on who cares or not.

I.E. high tier players aren't gonna care if a low tier player takes them to a bad counterpick. Where as low tier players vsing low tier players, IF they don't really care, aren't going to argue going to a silly stage (and if they wanna get better maybe they won't want to play lolzy matches on random stages).

Meanwhile, I dont wanna get taken to ****ing floats or cruise by ryan again, and I'm pretty sure people don't want me taking them to kongo either.
Edit: OR CORNERIA, **** THAT STAGE.

But like I said, I dont really care to be honest lol I've moved past that view and now I just like playing smash for the game and don't really care how i perform, but some people might. That's a more serious look on the game atleast. Open for opinions.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i watched your match against ryan on floats and i agree that i don't really want that repeated XD i guess gentleman's rule works well enough. i'll update the stage list.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Don't update just because of what I said lol. Wait and see what everyone else has to say.

IMO I don't mind if floats cruise and kongo stay, I just don't want corneria or brinstar (sorry ben lol).

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i think dsr works fine. can't counterpick the stage you last won on. your opponent bans one of your good stages as long as you're comfortable on 3 of the 6 legal stages then you'll have a good stage to counterpick to even if a bo5 goes to all matches.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yo Dif, remember that my house as a venue is another possibility.
If you're worried about numbers etc.

We can set up the garage and stuff.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
yeah i know. but even with low attendance last time i was only out by $10 by the end of the day and that's not bank breaking. low attendance doesn't worry me. although i guess moving future tournaments to your place would be better for location. so next time qld wants a melee tournament i'll take you up on that offer.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I will probably have to skip out on this due to needing to get **** done for uni :'(

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
Doubles:
1: Zaigo and Rob Spectre
2: Treachery (Ben + Dif)
3: Nublets (Hugh + Jon)
4: Team Vibrant Vibrancy (Ryan + Jbirds)

Singles:
1: Zaigo 'The Beast' Umehara
2: Benston Wong
3: Aussie Spectre
4: Ryan Harvey
5: Michael Bolton
5: Jennifer Birds
7: The Dr Pee Pee
7: Sasquatch
9: Calibur
13: HugS

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/the_difinitive/tpos4singles.gif

Low Tier:
1: Zaigo 'The Beast' Umehara
2: Benston Wong
3: Arrow
4: Ryan Harvey
5: Jennifer Birds
5: Dif
7: Calibur
7: Aussie Spectre
9: Hugh

Blazblue:
1: Dif
2: Aki
3: Hugh
4: Arrow
5: Calibur

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/the_difinitive/tpos4Blazblue.gif

A certain Beast beasted everybody in melee. it was beastly.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i've uploaded vids. if i missed yours then just yell at me because there was a lot of footage that i had that i wasn't sure if it was tournament or just random friendlies.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
j-birds stop letting scrubs land
and holding down when he d-smashes
nice tech skill tho

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
they're still going up. sorry, when i said i've uploaded them all i meant that all the vids i have are in queue on youtube for uploading. i didn't expect people to be around to look at this topic until they had all finished. the last one is going up now.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i was talking to rob about that yesterday and i don't think i'll do a tPoS before ACL. one tournament per month is enough for qld smash. one or two meets in between is better than biweeklies imo.

Top Bottom