• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Looking to meet smashers on or near the Gold Coast

party

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, only started competitively smashing last October but I'm so keen to meet as many people on or near the coast as I can to smash with to improve my own skill and variety of opponents as well as meeting new people and having a **** load of fun while smashing.

I personally live near Palm Beach but am more than happy to travel around the coast to smash and my house is always a hub for mates to come hang so I'd be ecstatic to have people over for smash seshs too.

I'm already in the QLD smash group, name's Jack Brock so add me there too it's all gravy baby.

Remastered

Smash Lord
At the moment, Blade is the only smasher near the cost that is still active as far as I'm aware. I'm probably the next closest at Cornubia/Shailer Park, but that's about 40mins from Palm Beach iirc.

If you're willing to travel, I'll likely hold a meet in the near future because I'm picking up melee competitively and want to place better than 5th at the next event.

Otherwise there's 2 tournaments in March that you may want to attend.

http://smashboards.com/threads/buttonsmash-2-qld-1st-major-for-2014-15th-16th-of-march-free-melee-entry-regristration-is-a-must.336792/

and

http://smashboards.com/threads/play-warehouse-2-queensland-event-29th-mar-2014.346416/
http://smashboards.com/threads/play-warehouse-2-queensland-event-29th-mar-2014.346416/

Last edited:

party

Smash Cadet
#catlife

Archaze that'd be sick I'd gladly come up for a smash meet whenever. I've already entered Button Smash 2 but I'll look into Play Warehouse 2, keen to play at any tourney cos I need exposure to the scene and I just wanna verse anyone and everyone in friendlies and what not.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
there's a few people on the GC. check out the qld smash facebook page, somebody just made a post about smashing on the gc (although that might have been you yourself idk)

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
We have meets here in Brown's Plains.

Not that far.
Back in my day I remembervRob traveling to us from Robina and finally going home around 2am. Good times.

And traveling to Robina to play Chris.
Much worth it.

Also, more cat avatars represent.
Tranq!

Last edited:

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
All these new kids need to see pics from "the house that smash built".
Look up djcat64 on flickr.
And then link to the. good pics.

Im too busy/tired to do it.
cz

Remastered

Smash Lord
Frontyard cricket, cold garage smash. Mario Party nights on the front deck (Luigi is king even if DK won everything). BBQ's and drinks. That house is full of smash history. Why did I sign the wall, then put my gamer tag underneath it. That single brick will be worth the entire value of the house one day. (Optimism)

I remember turning up at like 8-9pm at Bobs after work and playing until super early the next day. Good times.

Looking back on those photos makes me wish I took pictures of meets at mine and the Luigi's Dungeon tourney series.

Last edited:

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi
We have meets here in Brown's Plains.

Not that far.
Back in my day I remembervRob traveling to us from Robina and finally going home around 2am. Good times.

And traveling to Robina to play Chris.
Much worth it.

Also, more cat avatars represent.
Tranq!
Wanted Yoshi in my avatar so I went cat-yoshi.

Srs though, more people should come to meets.

Top Bottom