• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
HAHA, probably, usually if i see someone getting smashed, it motivates me to drink more than them.

EDIT: I'd just like to add to my previous post that if you would like to be picked up from somewhere, please give me at least 24 hours notice so i can organize it (just tell me that you need to be picked up from grand plaza etc). I don't want to receive a flurry of texts all at once asking to be picked up from different locations.

I would also appreciate it if you send me a text or smashboards post in advance confirming that you're coming just so i can work out numbers to cater for.

I can haz place to sleep? Sunnycoast piority bs?? Also a pick up from sunnybank would be nice XD

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
@the weekend thing: I don't care. it was my fault, I made a meal. I don't want to hear anymore about it.

@Bond Uni: Was pretty cool! Has definite potential! When they get their AC fixed, but it wasn't fatally hot. We should bring a couple of TVs though, some of theirs didn't work. Nice friendly atmosphere as Arrow said.
OH! Max Brenner chocolate. Could have died happy there.
Mexican was nice but didn't fill me enough.

@DORFmania:
Cal, learn Bus tech already. SIRIASLY.
Cricket sounds great Sea, we could do that before the main ganon event maybe?
Oh, let me know if your up for mid-week Melee, any day before 1pm, I tried to msg you but my phone is being a ****.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
That's some great news Scott.

Let's hype this shizzle up with posters.

We also need a few general A3 (A2, A1?) posters to put up in Browns Plains Game Traders.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It'll be at the Jagera Arts Centre in South Brisbane (close to the convention center).

A ton of space for parking outside and a ton of space inside and it's a really cheap venue and it's very close to public transport.

Like, you could easily have a 70, 80, 100 person tournament inside.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
I'm keen for some melee practise bob. Anytime during the week should be fine. You could come over to my place instead if you like? In case you're sick of me being over yours all the time.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
hey guys I'm learning some bus tech and have a question.

Is Browns Plains Plaza 'A' the same plaza that had that gametraders tourney last week?

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Anything 'browns plains plaza' = grand plaza = yes

more info on DORF OFF should be up tonight, until then hype hype hype

if hotcats is on the 28th the DORF clan are going to be in poor form.. it's rangas birthday the night before, not that we haven't come to a tournament destroyed before haha

Sloth

Smash Ace
Ok I have a question for all you smash players who also play SF4:

I've decided to take up also playing SF4 - I have it for ps3 atm - but I want to buy a stick pad thingy for the game, seeing as using the controller sucks and thus makes me rage.

I've heard there are different types you can buy and they vary in quality, so I want to know:
1. The best type of stick to buy / how much it will cost
2. Good places to buy them from

Thanks! I'm totally going to main Rufus toooooo.

undead_moose

Smash Lord
1. Tournament edition by mad catz? i think it is. I dunno im using billys old hori that cost 50 and its working fine. TE can be 400.

2. Online You may be able to find a tekken stick bundled with tekken but that is as close as it gets.

PSN name right nao imo

stiks

Smash Rookie
Don't listen to Nick hes soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Best type of stick is probably the TE stick you can get one from the capcom us store for about $230 because shipping is heaps expensive

Sieg

Smash Champion
TE's are only the best because they're easy to custom.

It all depends on how you feel with the stick.

Either a HRAP 3 or a TE stick are the best atm.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
As seaDORF previously stated, there’s going to be a Ganondorf only tournament (DORF OFF) this Saturday (13/03/10) at his house. Although this will just be a friendly meet, we’re going to treat the DORF OFF as if it were like any other smash tournament.

anyone interested should have a look at this thread - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9760732

here's a rundown of the tournament details:

seaDORF’s house (77-81 The Chase, Forestdale). For those of you who regularly attend nights at Bob’s house, it’s only about 5min down the road (keep going down Johnson Rd from Browns Plains until you reach Forestdale. Turn left at the lights into Paradise Rd, then right at the roundabout at the end of the road into Forestdale Dr, then left at the end of the Rd into The Chase, his house is at the end near a cul-de-sac) If you’re using public transport, unfortunately none goes directly to Forestdale. Your best option is to get a bus to Grand Plaza at Browns Plains and one of us can pick you up from there. Or if you can’t manage buses because you don’t live in Brisbane *cough* Cal, you can get a train to either Altandi or Banoon (Beenleigh line) and a pick up can be arranged. It would be preferable if people come in groups so we don’t have to spend all afternoon driving back and forth.

TIME & SETUP

We’ve decided to start things at 3.00pm, we’ll probably have some friendlies while everyone arrives. There’ll be at least 3 wii’s setup for the DORF OFF, people are encouraged to bring their own along with brawl and a TV if they can. Obviously the more people that come, the more DORF OFF set ups we’ll need and the more set ups we have, the more people can play and have the opportunity to set up and play other games (melee, etc) if they want. We don’t have a set finish time.

COST

Since seaDORF is a generous guy, he’s not charging any of you to enter his house. However, we’re going to have a pot for the DORF OFF. $10 entry, 60% payout for first, 30% and 10% for second and third respectively. If you’re coming, you must compete so if you haven’t already start honing your ganon skills, now would be a good time.

RESPECT

Like all other meets and tourneys, we have to treat the venue with respect especially since it’s a private residence. I’ve known Dan his whole life and he’s an easy going guy, just don’t leave his house in a burning heap and everything will be fine.

FUN

Unlike all other meets and tourneys, we’re hoping to make this more of just a ‘smash event’. That means drinking is by all means welcome, as is backyard cricket, pool and whatever else sounds like a good idea (seaDORF has a big backyard, tennis court and both varieties of pool) at the time. We’re hoping to have a BBQ dinner as well.

If you have any other questions feel free to post here or text either one of us:

seaDORF (Dan) - 0431 196 744
oldmanDORF (Adam) - 0431 548 043

we look forward to seeing a good turnout come Saturday!

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
seaDORF’s house (77-81 The Chase, Forestdale). For those of you who regularly attend nights at Bob’s house, it’s only about 5min down the road (keep going down Johnson Rd from Browns Plains until you reach Forestdale. Turn left at the lights into Paradise Rd, then right at the roundabout at the end of the road into Forestdale Dr, then left at the end of the Rd into The Chase, his house is at the end near a cul-de-sac) If you’re using public transport, unfortunately none goes directly to Forestdale. Your best option is to get a bus to Grand Plaza at Browns Plains and one of us can pick you up from there. Or if you can’t manage buses because you don’t live in Brisbane *cough* Cal, you can get a train to either Altandi or Banoon (Beenleigh line) and a pick up can be arranged. It would be preferable if people come in groups so we don’t have to spend all afternoon driving back and forth.
I think the 544 goes to Forestdale.
Someone research, but I'm fairly confident that it does!

Pool sounds great, cricket sounds good, it all sounds good.
Must record this brilliance.

@Hotcats 10am-4pm on a Sunday. Slightly whack hours but hey, it'll do. :)

Sieg

Smash Champion
HRAP's aren't ****, they're not made by Mad Catz.

Hori buttons aren't **** either, they're just not as good as Sanwa buttons.

I bet if I had that TE it would be completely useless now. HRAP atleast stands up to my constant beatings.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
I think the 544 goes to Forestdale.
Someone research, but I'm fairly confident that it does!

Pool sounds great, cricket sounds good, it all sounds good.
Must record this brilliance.

@Hotcats 10am-4pm on a Sunday. Slightly whack hours but hey, it'll do. :)
Yeh, it does bob but i wouldn't recommend anyone catching it. I'm pretty sure it comes like once every hour. I'll just pick people up from grand plaza. There'll be no waiting or hassles then.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
In the middle of modding my controller haha, doing the whole painting shiz, I need to get it done asap before I can start playing again >_>

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Uwah, do want a custom paint job.

Scott, J-Birds, I'll give one of you $10 to paint mine. Maybe Red or something. Oh! Yellow would be epic!

Hotdog

Smash Lord
How about... yellow with black tips on the handles? to replicate a banana =P

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
last time J-Birds and I were in the finals of a tournament we split.

And to this day we still haven't gotten our money. **** GenCon!
In fact, I might go complain about that right now.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Aw chris! you letting me down for melee singles AGAIN? dissapointed. I know you can **** if you dont sandbag!

just played smash with chris, getting back up to pace again pretty quickly. Pikachu is such a *****, I **** that rat!. Should be fun at hotcats.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Don't worry I'll still **** face. I'm not bad, I just miss a few l cancels occasionally lol. And have lost a bit of my fox matchup but way improved my floatie matchups.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Srs want my $90, what do Vyse?

Chriiiiiiis no! I was gonna win, oh and i wanna get Digimon off you sometime <3

Also Rob i gotta verse you at Hotcats, i can sorta play ok now =)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Oh hey, just got an email back from JB saying that he's going to give us our money next LanSmash. GenCon coughed up.

:)

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
last time J-Birds and I were in the finals of a tournament we split.
-Whats with you guys and splitting?
You think everything is banana!

-I think i heard from James that the 544 is every half hour, if people timed it welll...
BUT if you want to pick people up, :)

-Come to Hotcats Lachlan, ya spaka. It'll be pretty big I predict.
Next lansmash is April though i think.
Also come to DORF OFF. I'm sure we will have time for Melee Dorfness.

-Is Bond Uni still on Sunday? I want to go and follow it up with beach and follow it up with yummy noms and Max Brenner.
Ohhhhhhh yeaahhhhhhhhh.
Would be an amazing weekend if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom