• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PYP mafia! Game over!

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Pokechu Pokechu
You said at Night that your scumread of Maven was basically entirely predicated on him dropping me as a suspect. Is that still your read?

Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
You said last Night that your two big scumreads were Maven and Soup following your re-read, that you agreed with my comments on both, and you followed that up by starting the Day with a Maven ISO. But when Maven said he would find time to post, you voted for Moydow, saying you would willingly switch to Maven, saying that you would need a good case to lynch to switch to players not on the Seph wagon. Granted, other people have said some things about Moydow during the Day, but you didn't touch on Moydow at all last Night, expect to comment that Soup's vote splintered from the main lynches Day 1 and settled on Moydow. Do you feel differently on Soup now, presumably based on his play toDay since your scumread was based on your and my rereads? You say that Moydow's 658 was 'telling' -- what did it tell you?

Vult Redux Vult Redux
You said last Night that you would choose to cop Maven and Soup given the choice, but your vote toDay was for Moydow in 651. 11 hours later in 685/86, you say that you don't like Moydow's comments on Poisoner in 658, and you say in 692 "she has to go ASAP", but I haven't seen why you liked the lynch as of 651. What makes her an ASAP sort of lynch for you?

#HBC | Nabe

Then switch then? Like if I didn't think a slot is scum I would not decide to go for that lynch based on something that is entirely wifom.
I never put down a vote to begin with, so I assume you're thinking of someone else. (Shish?)

Third, Soup, Maven, Z25 which is your strongest scumread and why.
Soup most, I'll touch on it in a moment.

How was I supposed to know that? I know you’re not the type to disappear before a lynch (at least I think) but I’m no mind reader.
I had only posted 5 minutes before your post. More to the point, you've seen my Soup reasoning last Night in short, and you expressed a Soup scumread based on your own reread, so I don't know why it became important in 719 to assume that I wasn't planning to get to Soup.

#HBC | Nabe

Short form:
  • Soup was uselessly voting for Moydow last Day, and defending Seph with distance from the situation. Specifically, he was untying Koops' reasoning on Seph as Koops was making it.
  • Fire's only posts Day 0 were reasoning about why Poisoner was a comfortably weak option for Town to choose, and then his own vote for Poisoner later in the Day after Seph had rekindled Poisoner as a topic of conversation.
  • Other things to be gotten to in a moment.

Vote: Soup

#HBC | Nabe

If it's TvT then we're clearly on the wrong track, and while is something I considered, I ultimately felt that there are things I'm handwaving about Seph because Koopa in my eyes is worse. As to why he's worse? I talked about it already in short format. I don't feel Koopa is giving Seph a chance to respond to him in a way that is organic or actually progressing his reads, which is a big nono in my book. I'm curious how Koopa is going to act or respond in light of him agreeing to calm down and I am interested in what Seph says more because there was some definite emotions rising.
Soup didn't think Koops v. Seph was TvT, but his vote was on Moydow.

Kantrip pointed out how he felt Seph saying he's not a good mafia player is unnecessary and I think that small tidbit will become important for later reasons, because I want to consider if Seph's behavior earlier where he is sure about some things (ala poisoner) is consistent with him bowing down like that.
I can agree with that, but what do you mean important for later reasons? In case we did get a jailer?
Nah, just might be a good thing to read Kantrip about depending on what Seph flips
Soup, what did you mean by this? You implied to me last Night that Kantrip was a scumread for you, but in 625 you don't entirely sell it that way, and in the post above, you thought Seph's flip would impact something about Kantrip. I was waiting for you to follow up on this post, but your direction has been Maven, which is weird considering that there's a larger Moydow wagon currently.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Soup was uselessly voting for Moydow last Day, and defending Seph with distance from the situation. Specifically, he was untying Koops' reasoning on Seph as Koops was making it.
I wouldn't call it useless, did you not see me advocate for people to get on my vote instead? That wasn't just a show I put on.

I genuinely did not like the way Koops was creating his arguments on Seph, though I decided that this was personal bias instead of constructive. I don't know what your argument is if it relies on the fact reads are static, cause they aren't. Am I not allowed to change my mind over a course of time without directly spelling it out? It's like when I told koops when he asked me if I thought he was still scum: I would've kept my vote on him if I felt like that.

Soup, what did you mean by this? You implied to me last Night that Kantrip was a scumread for you, but in 625 you don't entirely sell it that way, and in the post above, you thought Seph's flip would impact something about Kantrip. I was waiting for you to follow up on this post, but your direction has been Maven, which is weird considering that there's a larger Moydow wagon currently.
Kantrip is a much harder sell and I find some moments of agreeing with him therefore he's not as much of a priority as Maven/Moydow. I brought his name up because I know that my read on Kantrip is shoddy and it would give me different perspectives to consider. Right now I've only gotten feedback from myself on how to feel about Kantrip and it's essentially boiled down to "deal with it later." I again don't understand why you believe this is some sort of scum-tell as if I'm not allowed the leisure to persuade people to tell me more about slots I'm unsure of by exaggeration.

#HBC | Nabe

Honestly, I might be biased cause you're the one responding to me but this was all you really needed to say about why you don't like Seph in the amount of time you've spent talking about him. I also noticed what you are saying wrt your second paragraph, and want to consider it. I think that the damage done cannot be well, undone however and I've seen you pull the card "i should prob be lynched" once or twice so..

Mission accomplished?
Soup refers to the Koops lynch as set in stone.

What happens if Seph is town though
Assuming this is the case, then we get information out of it. Under the case that we don't have a day vig nor any jailer/bus driver saves, we have 3 mislynches to work with.

Seph gives us a boatload of information on about everyone in the game and we rid ourselves of wine. Everyone wins.
This is not even close to true lmao, I feel like your confirmation bias is showing and I don't feel you've done enough to piece it together what we actually gain from lynching Seph. On the subject of Information lynching it's almost always bad. More often than not you will have people justifying a lynch based on information and then the next day rolls out and essentially what is talked about is "Well guys we were wrong, let me go reread" and it's not like this complete synchronization that you're implying where the whole game just MAGICALLY opens up because of lynching Seph cause he's a big topic. Even if you weren't implying that, it's still bad reasoning and merely convenient at best
Soup discredits the idea that a Seph flip provides context on the game. ToDay, the Seph flip formed the basis for Soup's Maven read in 592, not that he could have known back then that he'd be hypocritical now.

#HBC | Nabe

Kantrip is a much harder sell and I find some moments of agreeing with him therefore he's not as much of a priority as Maven/Moydow. I brought his name up because I know that my read on Kantrip is shoddy and it would give me different perspectives to consider. Right now I've only gotten feedback from myself on how to feel about Kantrip and it's essentially boiled down to "deal with it later." I again don't understand why you believe this is some sort of scum-tell as if I'm not allowed the leisure to persuade people to tell me more about slots I'm unsure of by exaggeration.
I'm more interested in what you thought the Seph flip might have had to say about Kantrip.

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup refers to the Koops lynch as set in stone.

Soup discredits the idea that a Seph flip provides context on the game. ToDay, the Seph flip formed the basis for Soup's Maven read in 592, not that he could have known back then that he'd be hypocritical now.
I still stand by the way of Koops pushing Seph was less than favorable, regardless if he ended up being right. I..am again confused towards this observation you're trying to make about me as if I wouldn't be trying to think about differing perspectives on Seph flipping scum? Like cmon dude why would I not look at associatives of Seph and try to form conclusion this is just Mafia 101

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm more interested in what you thought the Seph flip might have had to say about Kantrip.
I can't decide yet. That's the thing, and it's why I asked you about Kantrip because I don't trust myself to read him correctly, even if I feel like I'm correct. It's almost a joke at this point how many times I've scumread Kantrip, this is just coming to terms with myself. Maven/Moydow are different, especially Moydow who I have no prior experience and past transgressions to dwell on, and I talked about why I'm probably voting Moy over Maven as well

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Caught up on the thread but on mobile RIP

Still posting though!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Third is a definite town read

For toDay I'm still looking at Moy and Maven's posts but from what I've seen Moy is in character with her previous plays, I'll try and get to a computer so I can compile quotes and junk

I found Maven's stance on Nabe early game odd for a townie to take and how he stepped away from it midday was strange, almost like a scum knowing that that mislynch wouldn't happen

Shish is fine with me

Kan I'm also reading town

Soup's demeanor reminds me of Mario Mafia, I think Nabe vs Soup could be TvT

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'd prefer a Maven lynch but because everyone but me is scared of Moy and will always be due to inexperience with her, I won't be too mad if she gets lynched

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'll try to analyze Moy's posts on mobile
Whew

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe (Your HBC names make you all a pain in the butt to tag) I'm sorry about that; I've been antsy over this game for a variety of reasons (most of which has to do with overthinking and the lack of posts). I'll answer your question on saying I've been back and forth on Soup - the reads list I ended up with at the very end of the night, I'm positive I told Vult and Pokechu "I have no reason to believe he's town"

You might be asking: Why am I flip-flopping back and forth? That's a great question and I can answer that with "I'm an overthinking piece of ****", but, I think I have something to ask Soup first and see where it goes.

In the meantime,

If not Maven, I would suggest that we should look again at the poisoner votes, since we know now that we had a jailer, and Seph's reasons for pushing poisoner are clear now. Looking again, the other poisoner people were yourself, Z25, and Fire Emblemier. FE isn't here any more to expand on his poisoner vote, but at the time he put it down to not knowing if we had a jailer, and the fact that it'd give the mafia fewer night actions and keep the rolecop out of their hands. It does make me wonder if there was any more to it, though.
I... wouldn't have a problem with this? Except here he's basically saying "Hey, soup is scum." without putting a hard "Hey, soup is scum". I've talked with them last night and they think Soup is Scum even if it's a bad look on them to voice.

The other problem is, it's really only mentioning Soup (and again, not even Soup's replacement) because, for reasons we've gone over, me and Z25 aren't really worth the time right now. It lacks putting a hard stance on... well, basically anyone that isn't Maven (Notice they don't even say whether Maven is their #1 option), Kantrip, Soup (Fire is mentioned, but not soup), Nabe, or Fandangox.

Now, one can argue (including Moydow) that Nabe is doing the exact same thing - Except he isn't. I'm going to stick up for him here. As much as Fandangox Fandangox wants to call his post "a boatload of nothing" his post was still useful even under the guise that he flips scum. Moy's post also came before Nabe's which suggests a sort of deflection of sorts.

I don't have a (big) problem with Moy's reads list. I have a problem with Moy fence sitting. At least Maven has a reason from being sick.

#HBC | Nabe

I genuinely did not like the way Koops was creating his arguments on Seph, though I decided that this was personal bias instead of constructive. I don't know what your argument is if it relies on the fact reads are static, cause they aren't. Am I not allowed to change my mind over a course of time without directly spelling it out? It's like when I told koops when he asked me if I thought he was still scum: I would've kept my vote on him if I felt like that.
Your post says that Koops v. Seph was not Town v. Town in your eyes, but you voted for Moydow an hour later. You said to Kantrip in 493 that thinking of their interaction as TvT was "not productive", which was a half-hour after your initial post. It's true that your Moydow vote came apropos of nothing, but that suggests to me that you wanted not to be on the lynch, which at the time was looking like Koops. Right before your post, Koops suggested that Seph was setting up lynches, and Shish said "just vote Seph, he's scum." Nothing in your posts that whole page suggest to me a reason for your Moydow vote there.

I still stand by the way of Koops pushing Seph was less than favorable, regardless if he ended up being right. I..am again confused towards this observation you're trying to make about me as if I wouldn't be trying to think about differing perspectives on Seph flipping scum? Like cmon dude why would I not look at associatives of Seph and try to form conclusion this is just Mafia 101
But according to you in post 529 (the post I quoted), information gain from a flip should be black magic. I'm saying that you discredited that idea when it wouldn't have benefited Seph. Of course I agree that you should form conclusions from people's posts, that was the focus of most people saying my Day 0 discussion was useless.

I can't decide yet. That's the thing, and it's why I asked you about Kantrip because I don't trust myself to read him correctly, even if I feel like I'm correct. It's almost a joke at this point how many times I've scumread Kantrip, this is just coming to terms with myself. Maven/Moydow are different, especially Moydow who I have no prior experience and past transgressions to dwell on, and I talked about why I'm probably voting Moy over Maven as well
It's just that in the post of yours that I quoted, you seemed to have a direction in mind with Kantrip. Specifically:
Kantrip pointed out how he felt Seph saying he's not a good mafia player is unnecessary and I think that small tidbit will become important for later reasons
Saying that you think that tidbit will become important later (after the Seph flip?) seems like you're saying it will be important for a specific reason.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I see what people are saying about Moy, she definitely seems uncommitted and I'm not as compelled to defend her as I am in Mayo for some reason but I'll still check them out

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
the good news is there's not many of them. Anything I can do to help?
Ayyyyy :'^)

You mind quoting all of Moy's posts all in one post? Looking at them all at once is what I really need

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Vult at the start of the night I wasn't too good with but he's looking good now

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I still stand by the way of Koops pushing Seph was less than favorable, regardless if he ended up being right.
Here's my biggest problem with you over the Seph wagon: I get it, you found me scummy, and then at least thanks to my bickering, you were convinced that I wasn't scum at least. That's reasonable enough. Here's the thing though: You voting Seph wouldn't have been a complete 180, especially since you yourself said you didn't think the argument was TvT (and then you and Kantrip Kantrip backpedaled on that - I'll give some leeway since it was Day 1) - The problem I have is not that. It has nothing to do with me.

So... why did you try to throw out their cases? This is the biggest one. And don't give me the "They didn't have cases" because that's not true, it's the one reason I'm not going to accept either, especially post flip, and we all know it. Even if Seph flipped Town, there would have still been a lot to discuss from those cases brought up. I called Maven out on it, so, I'm going to call you out on it. Especially since you more actively chose to do it while Maven just said "from what I've read it seems like people were voting him for being a ****."

Not to mention, you can argue the cases that Pokechu, Z25, and Shish melded together with Vult and Mine, but, Vult and I found holes for different reasons. Vult was focused on roles. I was focused on his interactions towards other players and setting up nooses.

Why did you think that Seph was town? You had no Meta to read off of for that. You only said leaning town, too. That's why I stand by it not being a complete 180 either. It'd be a complete 180 if you thought Seph was SUPER TOWN and I was SUPER SCUMMY and then, based on my posts, you completely changed your mind.

(I will have a lot of things to say about how Seph behaved towards Z25 Z25 once the game is over. Don't you wait.)

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm probbaly not going to be able to get to this by deadline and I understand this is crappy so I'm moving my vote over to Moy, I won't be able to get to these responses and it's not a matter of ducking out I just need to attend to serious IRL things

Vote: Moydow

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Pokechu Pokechu Moydow Day 0+1

Vote: Roleblocker

Seems like the least worst by far.

As for the others, disguise and janitor are horrible and we should avoid them like the plague. Disguise in particular basically invalidates two of our potential roles, and anything that creates confusion or withholds information just gives the mafia a massive boost, which is the last thing we need.

So between rolecop and poisoner, I could go either way. Rolecop and roleblocker in tandem could be really dangerous, the mafia could just track down the PRs and shut them down while picking off other townies along the way. While poisoner just invalidates the jailer. I'm leaning towards rolecop at the moment because giving the mafia a hard counter to any role doesn't sound like a good idea, but I think they're both equally dodgy.
I think this is my fifth or sixth game here? So not that much, really. Still fairly new at this.

I think it's reasonable that you might be convinced otherwise after some discussion... it seemed a bit hasty for that at first, but I probably just need to have a closer look, really. Could well be nothing.

Wow, thanks for the boost of confidence

Anyway, point noted, I'll keep it in mind.
Finally had a chance to go through the thread in more detail, so here's my thoughts and reads right now. Apologies if it seems a little rushed in some parts, I had to finish up in a hurry since I've got to head out soon, though I should be back before deadline to clear up anything if I have to (but that won't be until about 5-6 hours from now).

Also for people I haven't seen before and who aren't aware, I live in Europe, so when you lot are just getting active, I'm probably just about to go to sleep, or otherwise too tired to bother doing anything here. So if you're looking for me at any time after about 6pm EST, don't expect any sort of prompt response.

--------------------

1. Shishœ - mafia Shish doesn't shishpost as much, so that's a good start. :p Since it seems like the main point of contention here, his vote on Sephiroth is... eh. I can see where he's coming from, but I don't really like that it was directly prompted by Vult instead of him doing so of his own accord. Could be either or, but seems more town right now.

2. Vult Redux - I don't really like how he was going around pinging people and telling them "hey, look at my argument against Sephiroth, isn't it great? Now go vote for him." I feel like if your argument is strong enough, people will pay attention to it without you needing to direct them to it. For what it's worth I think his reasoning isn't that bad, but not perfect, and I don't like how he went about pushing it. Could go either way here.

3. Nabe - Looking at what other people were getting out of his posts, it seems like he was just trying to get reactions out of people, which is fine. Though I personally don't like how oblique he's being about it, I'd rather if he just spoke his mind. I don't know if this is typical of him as either mafia or town since I think I've only actually played two games with him - one being Game of Thrones which was heavily non-standard, and the other where he was mafia and started the game pretending that he could only speak in images. Finding it hard to get anything meaningful out of his posts by myself so he's largely neutral for me currently, with a slight town edge. Don't think he's the one to lynch at this stage, at least.

4. Maven - I agree with him that a jailer is quite likely and poisoner would have been a bad choice if that is the case, and I'm fine with his push on Nabe and subsequent reconsideration thereof. Not seeing anything too bad here.

5. Pokechu - That he jumped to Nabe's defence like he did suggests he's town, this is what he's done in past games as town (like defending me in Mayo Clinic). I don't necessarily agree with him, but I'm fine with him right now. but we should lynch him anyway because it's in the rules

6. ThirdKoopa - I have to be honest, I kind of struggle to keep up with this guy. He churns out words at a rate of knots, is telling us he's okay with being lynched/shot, and half of each post is just full of jargon I don't fully understand. Like, what the hell is an ISO? I'm going to assume, given the context, that he's not talking about a disc image file or the International Organisation for Standardisation. Though I will say that it comes off as unnervingly similar to his play from the last game, where he was mafia and intentionally producing stuff like this to make it seem like he was contributing meaningfully ("spewing wine", as he might put it), but his end goal was more or less to make us throw out whatever he was saying. Though I've only played that one game with him, so I don't know if he's just always like this. Leaning more mafia on him at the moment. also he keeps spelling my name wrong he sucks we should definitely lynch him

7. Moydow - ró-álainn, nach bhfuil sí?

8. Fire Emblemier - just saw the post about him looking for a replacement as I was finishing up here, so I guess I can't say much here. Didn't have much to say, anyway.

9. Fandangox - I think his pushing against Nabe is fine and I agree with his reasoning for doing so, I also don't like Nabe not just saying what he's hinting at so I'm fine with anyone trying to get more meaning out of him. Leaning town.

10. Z25 - did not do himself any favours with his vote for flip hider and subsequent explanation that he thought it allowed the mafia to make a fake role PM, but it's true that he might have just misunderstood it and changed his mind once it was pointed out. But claiming vanilla this early isn't a smart move either. Not sure if it is mafia fake-claiming under pressure, or an ill-advised town move, though. It's not dissimilar to how he played last game, so he's at least got that going for him. 50/50, won't oppose lynching him.

11. J - literally who?

12. Sephiroths Masamune - since his push for poisoner seems to be where a lot of suspicion towards him is coming from, I didn't think his point about rolecop+roleblocker being a really strong combo for the mafia was that unreasonable, really. The problem is more that, during the role voting, he didn't really engage enough with people arguing that poisoner would be worse if we happened to get a jailer. So it depends. If we do have a jailer, then he has a lot to answer for, and if we don't, then he's a little more justified in pushing for poisoner. Looking at his more recent posts, I'm a little more okay with him, but still could go either way.

13. Kantrip - seems okay from what I've seen of him, his reasoning for picking the roles he did is fair, and I agree with him that I'd rather not lynch an inactive right now when we have other information on the table. Mixed, but leaning town here.

-------------------

Right now, for the lynch, I suppose it's between Thirdkoopa, Z25, Vult, and Sephiroth, for me. Of those Thirdkoopa gives me the least comfortable gut feeling, based on what I saw of him last game, so to get a vote out there:

Vote: Thirdkoopa
I suppose I should say that I'd extend that to the other people who pushed for poisoner, as well. Basically, if we got a jailer, then the mafia has good reason to push for poisoner; if we didn't, then they'd have no reason to do so and would rather push for other roles. Though I'm not going to ask PRs to start claiming so we can confirm or deny the existence of a jailer, so really this is probably something I'd keep in mind for later in the game, than something that is important right now.

If I'm to exclude that from my thinking, then I'm willing to let him slide for the moment, though at the same time I won't completely oppose lynching him since it would get some useful information on the table. Still think other targets would be more worthwhile right now, though.

Once I started to figure out what Nabe was trying to do, then I started seeing him more favourably. Though it took other people engaging and questioning him for me to arrive at that. So it's that me being okay with Nabe is as a result of people pushing for info from him, not that they contradict each other. As for Maven and Fandango, people pushing for more info is usually a good sign of town intent.

Probably a better way to say it would have been, I'd like to see more, but what I've seen so far looks reasonable. I know that doesn't sound great coming from me, but it is what it is. :p

Right now, yes. I'm trying not to just ignore his argument because of it, like I said I do think he makes some valid points, but I do feel like the way in which someone goes about presenting their argument is worth noting as well. The mafia are the ones knowingly pushing mislynches, so it seems to make sense to me that they'd need to push more aggressively on whatever they can find to incriminate someone.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Pokechu Pokechu Moydow Day 2:

I want to see if Maven has more to say in response to the accusations being thrown at him right now. I do think that his "put me down for lynching Thirdkoopa" post was more likely a case of unfortunate timing, but right now I'm fine with the pressure being put on him, considering his interactions with Seph. Going to look again at that more closely in a bit.

I would say I'm not really doing much differently to my previous games, personally, though you weren't involved in any of those so I can't blame you for not knowing how I play.

It's much like what Chu mentioned, this is more or less just how I always play, particularly when I'm busy with offline stuff (which caused me to miss the last few hours of day 1, and I also had two exams to prepare for today). I'm not an aggressive person (unless I know something is very wrong), and rarely push too hard against anyone in particular, but I'll still point out anything I find that seems off, or anything that other people aren't discussing which I feel is important. Since I was particularly busy for most of day 1, I decided to just put what was on my mind into that one big post, since I didn't have time to be here actively commenting on what was going on as it was happening.

I dunno where you got the idea that I haven't been doing enough to be able to have a list of reads, or that I'm being insincere, though. Again, me trying to be cordial is just the kind of person I am.

If you want to look at something to back this up, here's the Mayo Clinic mafia which Chu mentioned.

As for when I posted my read list, I had been asked about that the night before by Fandango, so it wasn't unprompted. Probably should have quoted Fandango's post to make that clearer, but oh well.

If not Maven, I would suggest that we should look again at the poisoner votes, since we know now that we had a jailer, and Seph's reasons for pushing poisoner are clear now. Looking again, the other poisoner people were yourself, Z25, and Fire Emblemier. FE isn't here any more to expand on his poisoner vote, but at the time he put it down to not knowing if we had a jailer, and the fact that it'd give the mafia fewer night actions and keep the rolecop out of their hands. It does make me wonder if there was any more to it, though.

I'm more or less indifferent in terms of genders and pronouns and whatever. So it doesn't really matter to me what you decide to refer to me as.
I mean, yeah, it doesn't look great right now, but I'd say it only looks especially bad in hindsight, now that we've seen Seph flip. Maybe if I didn't have to leave in a hurry that evening and had had more time to give Seph's posts a closer look, I might have reconsidered, but again that too is easy to say in hindsight. I think that when I made my read list, and considering the information available at that time, it was not completely unreasonable for me to interpret the situation as I did. Just that this time, I came down on the wrong side of the fence. It happens, though.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I left this post out Pokechu Pokechu

I'm fine with what Nabe's been doing, myself. Looks like he was just trying to probe and gauge reactions, which seems okay to me.

I forgot J was even playing until people started mentioning him. Needs to say something sooner or later. Though at the same time I kind of doubt mafia would just completely sit out of the role voting? Maybe he was just busy or something.

Most iffy right now on the people who were voting for flip hider and only jumped off it once people started pointing out what it actually does. Anything that gives us less information to work with is just bad, only people who would even try to push for that are mafia.

Somewhat similarly, if we got the jailer, then people pushing for poisoner aren't looking good right now, and if we didn't, then the rolecop people don't look good. Though they're both pretty undesirable so it's not conclusive either way.

Was out for most of yesterday and gotta head for class right now so this is all I have for the moment, but I'll read over the thread more closely later when I have more time.

#HBC | Nabe

I... wouldn't have a problem with this? Except here he's basically saying "Hey, soup is scum." without putting a hard "Hey, soup is scum". I've talked with them last night and they think Soup is Scum even if it's a bad look on them to voice.
What Moydow said to me last Night was more like, "Soup doesn't look very good," and it read like the post you've quoted here. Not to defend Moy, but I think she's doing exams right now. She may very well appreciate being lynched and not having to keep up, regardless of faction.

Now, one can argue (including Moydow) that Nabe is doing the exact same thing - Except he isn't. I'm going to stick up for him here. As much as Fandangox Fandangox Fandangox Fandangox wants to call his post "a boatload of nothing" his post was still useful even under the guise that he flips scum. Moy's post also came before Nabe's which suggests a sort of deflection of sorts.
Maybe I'm unclear on your meaning here, but in 700 and 715 you suggested me as a D3 lynch. I don't know why you're going out of your way to say here that I could be lumped in with Moydow, but shouldn't be.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
What Moydow said to me last Night was more like, "Soup doesn't look very good," and it read like the post you've quoted here. Not to defend Moy, but I think she's doing exams right now. She may very well appreciate being lynched and not having to keep up, regardless of faction.
...that actually sounds similar to what she told me. I need to look at these things directly a bit more.

I don't know about everyone else, but, I'd love a deadline extension, personally, but I don't think we're going to get one. It's right before the weekend. giraffelasergun giraffelasergun Is there any possibility at a 24 hour DE? I hate asking this, but, three of our biggest lynch targets are literally not able to be in here due to IRL obligations. If that wasn't the case I wouldn't ask for it but I feel it's important to at least give it a shot.

Maybe I'm unclear on your meaning here, but in 700 and 715 you suggested me as a D3 lynch. I don't know why you're going out of your way to say here that I could be lumped in with Moydow, but shouldn't be.
I'm going out of my way to say "Yours and Moydow's posts can be seen as the same thing, but, they're not 100% the same thing. One (yours) reads more as information where as the other (Moydow's) reads more as deflection"

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
In her reads list half of them are "could go either way" and "fine with this lynch", and I'm not sure I like her stance on Third in that post

She's busy irl but she hasnt really formed a complex read on anyone besides Fan because "asking questions is town intent"

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'll vote for an extension too, will definitely post more thoughts then

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Still staying in the thread though obv, I'm free for the rest of the day

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
In her reads list half of them are "could go either way" and "fine with this lynch", and I'm not sure I like her stance on Third in that post

She's busy irl but she hasnt really formed a complex read on anyone besides Fan because "asking questions is town intent"
I think Moy is genuinely busy and stressed irl, even her mafia self was ready to piece something together

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
And Mafia Moy would feel more pressured to make actual reads, especially if a scum died day one

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Meanwhile town Moy knows she has the luxury of being part of the majority, and relying on that fact is in character with her play D1 in Mayo where she wanted to go "most work minimal effort" then due to IRL matters

I'm town on Moy, seeing her posts together helped

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
The complete absence of complex reads is puzzling because I always like what she presents

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
And her playfulness and humor is coming out in her read lists too

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Pokechu Pokechu if you're town on Moy, where do you stand on Maven/Soup/Nabe/Fandangox? (I know you said KantripTown)
I'm still scum on Maven, I think his D1 play aligned a little too close with Seph and he made more flipflops than usual

His pushing of Nabe was still odd and I don't recall him really pushing or calling anyone else out, though I may be wrong about that. I think town Maven would have a bit more initiative and drive in his posts and he'd be more ready to butt heads rather than completely dropping his nabe push

Top Bottom