• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PYP mafia! Game over!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
holy ****.

Man moy was kind of a hard read, but now I think we can move forward.

How does everyone feel on Maven?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Actually, **** it, the only scum left is a rolecop asides from that killer and scum already know the roles they gave to the town.

I've heard a Bus-Driver softclaim. They can name themselves if they wish or I'll out them if they're not here.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
also at this point, scum wouldn't dare to fakeclaim a PR because we have enough lynches to burn through. So my reason for stating the massclaim idea is once we get to 8 players (7 once Dayvig shoots again), assuming we don't lynch the last scum today we'll have two confirmed town right off the bat.*

* = If a VT dies.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I don't think we should. Is not like we would have done so had the day just passed normally and lynched moy the regular way.
you and kantrip are right. we are down to only 1 scum left but i don't want us to start doing victory laps just yet even though I'm having a blast right now.

this eases up my head so much too. Brb grabbing Moy's reads list.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

Moydow ISO. Have fun.

Finally had a chance to go through the thread in more detail, so here's my thoughts and reads right now. Apologies if it seems a little rushed in some parts, I had to finish up in a hurry since I've got to head out soon, though I should be back before deadline to clear up anything if I have to (but that won't be until about 5-6 hours from now).

Also for people I haven't seen before and who aren't aware, I live in Europe, so when you lot are just getting active, I'm probably just about to go to sleep, or otherwise too tired to bother doing anything here. So if you're looking for me at any time after about 6pm EST, don't expect any sort of prompt response.

--------------------

1. Shishœ - mafia Shish doesn't shishpost as much, so that's a good start. :p Since it seems like the main point of contention here, his vote on Sephiroth is... eh. I can see where he's coming from, but I don't really like that it was directly prompted by Vult instead of him doing so of his own accord. Could be either or, but seems more town right now.

2. Vult Redux - I don't really like how he was going around pinging people and telling them "hey, look at my argument against Sephiroth, isn't it great? Now go vote for him." I feel like if your argument is strong enough, people will pay attention to it without you needing to direct them to it. For what it's worth I think his reasoning isn't that bad, but not perfect, and I don't like how he went about pushing it. Could go either way here.

3. Nabe - Looking at what other people were getting out of his posts, it seems like he was just trying to get reactions out of people, which is fine. Though I personally don't like how oblique he's being about it, I'd rather if he just spoke his mind. I don't know if this is typical of him as either mafia or town since I think I've only actually played two games with him - one being Game of Thrones which was heavily non-standard, and the other where he was mafia and started the game pretending that he could only speak in images. Finding it hard to get anything meaningful out of his posts by myself so he's largely neutral for me currently, with a slight town edge. Don't think he's the one to lynch at this stage, at least.

4. Maven - I agree with him that a jailer is quite likely and poisoner would have been a bad choice if that is the case, and I'm fine with his push on Nabe and subsequent reconsideration thereof. Not seeing anything too bad here.

5. Pokechu - That he jumped to Nabe's defence like he did suggests he's town, this is what he's done in past games as town (like defending me in Mayo Clinic). I don't necessarily agree with him, but I'm fine with him right now. but we should lynch him anyway because it's in the rules

6. ThirdKoopa - I have to be honest, I kind of struggle to keep up with this guy. He churns out words at a rate of knots, is telling us he's okay with being lynched/shot, and half of each post is just full of jargon I don't fully understand. Like, what the hell is an ISO? I'm going to assume, given the context, that he's not talking about a disc image file or the International Organisation for Standardisation. Though I will say that it comes off as unnervingly similar to his play from the last game, where he was mafia and intentionally producing stuff like this to make it seem like he was contributing meaningfully ("spewing wine", as he might put it), but his end goal was more or less to make us throw out whatever he was saying. Though I've only played that one game with him, so I don't know if he's just always like this. Leaning more mafia on him at the moment. also he keeps spelling my name wrong he sucks we should definitely lynch him

7. Moydow - ró-álainn, nach bhfuil sí?

8. Fire Emblemier - just saw the post about him looking for a replacement as I was finishing up here, so I guess I can't say much here. Didn't have much to say, anyway.

9. Fandangox - I think his pushing against Nabe is fine and I agree with his reasoning for doing so, I also don't like Nabe not just saying what he's hinting at so I'm fine with anyone trying to get more meaning out of him. Leaning town.

10. Z25 - did not do himself any favours with his vote for flip hider and subsequent explanation that he thought it allowed the mafia to make a fake role PM, but it's true that he might have just misunderstood it and changed his mind once it was pointed out. But claiming vanilla this early isn't a smart move either. Not sure if it is mafia fake-claiming under pressure, or an ill-advised town move, though. It's not dissimilar to how he played last game, so he's at least got that going for him. 50/50, won't oppose lynching him.

11. J - literally who?

12. Sephiroths Masamune - since his push for poisoner seems to be where a lot of suspicion towards him is coming from, I didn't think his point about rolecop+roleblocker being a really strong combo for the mafia was that unreasonable, really. The problem is more that, during the role voting, he didn't really engage enough with people arguing that poisoner would be worse if we happened to get a jailer. So it depends. If we do have a jailer, then he has a lot to answer for, and if we don't, then he's a little more justified in pushing for poisoner. Looking at his more recent posts, I'm a little more okay with him, but still could go either way.

13. Kantrip - seems okay from what I've seen of him, his reasoning for picking the roles he did is fair, and I agree with him that I'd rather not lynch an inactive right now when we have other information on the table. Mixed, but leaning town here.

-------------------

Right now, for the lynch, I suppose it's between Thirdkoopa, Z25, Vult, and Sephiroth, for me. Of those Thirdkoopa gives me the least comfortable gut feeling, based on what I saw of him last game, so to get a vote out there:

Vote: Thirdkoopa
This solidifies Z25 Z25 Vult Redux Vult Redux and soup as town in my mind.

meta **** with nabe. it's ****ing nothing with fandangox/kantrip/maven on there

Kantrip

Kantplay
It's my opinion that Nabe, Moydow and Seph committed to trying to save Seph.

It's my opinion that Nabe's soup push was to save Moydow.

Let's lynch Nabe. :)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can understand the reasoning behind nabe.

As I said before, it was him or maven that were the next scum if Moy wasn't. Which funnily enough moy was. I still think one of the two are likely given the circumstances and debates we had on them.

Vote: Nabe

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Awwww

Maf Moy what a shame :(

I had a feeling something was off but her posts were too bare compared to her one time as mafia RIP

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vote: Nabe

I don't really have much else to say.... If we're wrong now, maybe target Maven next

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Could have sworn Giraffe said that but I don’t see it anywhere

Hey Vig shoot Nabe right now if you can, nothing says you can’t shoot twice in one day
I don’t remember it but you never know.

giraffelasergun giraffelasergun how does the vig work? Does it override the lynch?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Day vig does not end the phase. If people want, I can post the flip early and then moving forward we can do 48 hr deadlines with majority lunch

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Day vig does not end the phase. If people want, I can post the flip early and then moving forward we can do 48 hr deadlines with majority lunch
I love majority lunch.
In all seriousness I vote for majority lynch going forth.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
No, that was poor wording in my part, I meant why focus on Maven if you don't think he is scum. (You used present tense)
Because people's focus on Maven at Night and in the start of the Day phase is what prompted the reread. I wanted to articulate why I didn't think that the push on Maven was taking context into account. I made the hypothetical argument that could have given me pause on Maven if anyone else had made it, but only to highlight the fact that no one did make that argument, or any argument that made sense of Maven's Day play.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe one question whats the point behind your #674?

That post basically focuses on contradictions by Third and Z25.
It happened to be a lot of talk about Koops especially, because he happened to have talked a lot about picking Poisoner, and about the merits between Poisoner and RC, and making his indecision over which to choose a very vocal part of his Day 0. The point of the post was just to reread and highlight the various arguments made for Poisoner by people.

Why didn't you start the day with a case against Soup like you did now since that was your target? I know we are all busy and all, but if you had time to go back, reread and write that wall, you had time to do the same for a case against Soup.

Why didn't you explain your vote against Fire day1 when we asked you about it?
The Fire vote was basically a gut read at the time. It was only when Soup played the slot and the Seph lynch gave it context that it actually looked like scum play. I should have gotten around to it earlier than I did, for sure.

Top Bottom