• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pwnz0rz Pack 3.02 - On a break, but a few future changes posted.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Does this mean we get to enjoy Dr. Wily's Castle tomorrow? I personally can't wait, the pack already looks so good. :roll:
I've started working on the update already thanks to EmLeingod's Megaman logo. I've just got to make the patch up so everyone can update their individual packs with the data, explain what it'll do in the main pack, then upload it.

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410
Just want to mention that I think the inclusion of songs from Fighting is Magic's proposed soundtrack is genius. I wanted to play a fighting game to those tunes ever since I first heard them. Now that you'v stuck me with the idea i might try to replace another song with Rarity's theme.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Just want to mention that I think the inclusion of songs from Fighting is Magic's proposed soundtrack is genius. I wanted to play a fighting game to those tunes ever since I first heard them. Now that you'v stuck me with the idea i might try to replace another song with Rarity's theme.
I'd wanted to play the game, and had been keeping up with it. When the C&D order came down, It really really sucked, cause it meant I couldn't in any form other than the uncompleted alpha build. I added that music both because I liked the individual tracks, and as a sort of memorial to the only other fighting game in the last few years that I was actually excited for.

Awesome, juuust in time for the end of my exam :D
Excellent. Hope you enjoy the flavor of your choosing.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
Hello there, nice to see how your pack is coming along. Only one issue though. It's either just me, or the music for the "Dr. Wily's Castle" stage is messed up and won't play properly. About a minute into both tracks they switch to other tracks entirely, with the Wily Stage 1 music turning into a distorted version of Battlefield 64's song. Is this a universal issue, or should I just stick to not picking that stage? A shame, since I really liked how it turned out.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Hello there, nice to see how your pack is coming along. Only one issue though. It's either just me, or the music for the "Dr. Wily's Castle" stage is messed up and won't play properly. About a minute into both tracks they switch to other tracks entirely, with the Wily Stage 1 music turning into a distorted version of Battlefield 64's song. Is this a universal issue, or should I just stick to not picking that stage? A shame, since I really liked how it turned out.
It's not a universal problem, as mine doesn't do that. When your game does that, it's because of a few possible reasons, from my experience.
1) You copied the songs directly over instead of deleting and replacing. For some reason, BRSTMs have this occasionally obnoxious tendency to not overwrite pre-existing materals. Try deleting the three songs that you replace in your STRM folder and then putting the three songs back in.
2) You're very very close to the size cap for your SD Card When you approach 100 MB remaining or less on your SD card, the game will start having occasional obnoxious glitches. That's why I pushed as much as I did on the 3.0 pack to reduce the overall size of the pack, so this wouldn't happen to me or anyone else.

Hope that helps you get it sorted out.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Btw, there are some songs that don't really repeat well... like the SSE boss battle theme and I believe one of the FD themes (not the Phoenix Wright trance one). Were there no looping versions or something? I'm especially surprised there's no looping version of the SSE boss battle theme.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Btw, there are some songs that don't really repeat well... like the SSE boss battle theme and I believe one of the FD themes (not the Phoenix Wright trance one). Were there no looping versions or something? I'm especially surprised there's no looping version of the SSE boss battle theme.
Oh yeah? They should all loop in some way or another, but perhaps the loop is a little delayed. I can fix that.
Do you know which individual song on FD seems off to you? I'll fix it immediately.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
It's not a universal problem, as mine doesn't do that. When your game does that, it's because of a few possible reasons, from my experience.
1) You copied the songs directly over instead of deleting and replacing. For some reason, BRSTMs have this occasionally obnoxious tendency to not overwrite pre-existing materals. Try deleting the three songs that you replace in your STRM folder and then putting the three songs back in.
2) You're very very close to the size cap for your SD Card When you approach 100 MB remaining or less on your SD card, the game will start having occasional obnoxious glitches. That's why I pushed as much as I did on the 3.0 pack to reduce the overall size of the pack, so this wouldn't happen to me or anyone else.

Hope that helps you get it sorted out.
It's probably the first, as after installing I still have over 200 MB remaining on my SD card. I'll try deleting and replacing the songs, thanks for the help.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Oh yeah? They should all loop in some way or another, but perhaps the loop is a little delayed. I can fix that.
Do you know which individual song on FD seems off to you? I'll fix it immediately.

I'll have to check later. But I know the SSE one goes silent after the song is done, and then starts over... i.e. not looping

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
It's probably the first, as after installing I still have over 200 MB remaining on my SD card. I'll try deleting and replacing the songs, thanks for the help.
Hope it fixes the problem. It's been my experience that overwriting the music in the game leads to crappy hybridizations between the two, like one is possessing the one that takes it's place and decides to haunt the game. That sounds really cool....shame that it makes the music sound so crappy.

I'll have to check later. But I know the SSE one goes silent after the song is done, and then starts over... i.e. not looping
I'll get that patched as soon as possible and take a look at the other two songs on FD that might have the same problem.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
On the topic of incorrectly looping tracks, there's also the Melty Blood song on the Halberd stage, and a Street Fighter remix IIRC. They both just fade out before starting up again.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
On the topic of incorrectly looping tracks, there's also the Melty Blood song on the Halberd stage, and a Street Fighter remix IIRC. They both just fade out before starting up again.
I'll look into those too. Some of them, in the games that they're in do fade and loop, so I didn't mind it as much purely because that's how the original game does it, but I'll look into correcting this for Smash.

Ultimate Sneeze

Smash Apprentice
Just so it's known, on the Wily stage (which looks amazing, by the way) there is some pretty serious lag if you have 1 or 2 alt costume/clone characters. With two (Roy and OoT Link), it was very choppy and there was some considerable delay, definitely more than if you picked 2 alt/clone chars on a regular stage.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Just so it's known, on the Wily stage (which looks amazing, by the way) there is some pretty serious lag if you have 1 or 2 alt costume/clone characters. With two (Roy and OoT Link), it was very choppy and there was some considerable delay, definitely more than if you picked 2 alt/clone chars on a regular stage.
I noticed it can lag more when it's generating the platform paths as well, Also the right side of the stage reacts weird... Friend who plays luigi D-Smashed and the effects for it were on the wall of the stage. Made us laugh a bit.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I've noticed the same problem, that's a problem with the original design of the stage. I'd love to reduce that lag, but I've no idea how to go about doing it, since i'm not a stage designer. If anyone else can find a solution for the stage's lag, I welcome the help.

I noticed it can lag more when it's generating the platform paths as well, Also the right side of the stage reacts weird... Friend who plays luigi D-Smashed and the effects for it were on the wall of the stage. Made us laugh a bit.
Luigi isn't supposed to have any effects on his Dsmash. I'd noticed the lag myself in the center of the stage with Yoshi, though the sides weren't quite as bad.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Currently working on improving loops for BRSTMs.

So far, I've fixed the SSE: Boss Theme for Research Facility so that it loops more appropriately.

Boss Gaikoz on Final Destination did not have a perfect point to loop without missing parts of the song that didn't repeat, so what I did was cut out the periods of silence so that it fades and starts immediately without much of a down time, like it does in the actual Grand Chase game.

Beat from Melty Blood is complete and has essentially a perfect loop now.

Still to go: "One of the three Street fighter tracks in the game...or all of them", I don't really know.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Actually, now that i've played a lot more, pretty much EVERY non-standard song doesn't loop :(

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Actually, now that i've played a lot more, pretty much EVERY non-standard song doesn't loop :(
Then I've got a long night ahead of me of looping. Somebody kill me, please. ;-;

Although some songs are intended to have normal loops. These songs are pretty much impossible to loop in the same manner as the simplistic songs that are default to Brawl, since they don't repeat much if at all.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Alright. Songs that I've now looped perfectly/correctly/adequately.

Boss Gaikoz - Normal Loop (The game doesn't have a lot of true repeats.)
Mountain Breaker - Perfect Loop
Sexy Trunks - Perfect Loop
Beat - Perfect Loop
SSE Boss Theme - Good/Perfect Loop
Tribute to the Master - Normal Loop (Doesn't really have a good looping point)

I'll probably release a patch with just updated music...whenever I feel satisfied with the looping process, though looping is a pain. I shall persevere.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Sorry to keep you up so late with all this pain :p But speaking of music, did you notice that Mushroom Kingdom has the original MGS theme as one of its tracks still? That was also kinda weird.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Sorry to keep you up so late with all this pain :p But speaking of music, did you notice that Mushroom Kingdom has the original MGS theme as one of its tracks still? That was also kinda weird.
It's alright, I needed to work on some of these. I'm just dreading the time I'm going to have to spend listening to the same songs again and again as I pinpoint looping points. I fear I'm going to have Space Madness just like Ren when this is all over.

I didn't change every song on each stage. There were some changes and some songs that were completely removed in the transition from 2.6 to 3.0. If I'm not mistaken, I did in fact remove one of the songs from Mushroom Kingdom PM without replacing it with anything. If you wanna keep the MGS song in your game's list, you can, but for my game it's turned all the way down in "My Music".

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Just a quick update. I'm still looping songs. 42 songs complete so far. When this is over, I'll never want to mess with music again. @_@

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Just wondering, are you making the .brstm's from scratch or something? Because the ones on brawlcustommusic are typically looped

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Just wondering, are you making the .brstm's from scratch or something? Because the ones on brawlcustommusic are typically looped
Everything on my pack had a loop before, but it was only a normal loop most of the time, which occasionally caused bits of silence because of the way some songs tend to trail off into silence. Some songs still will have normal loops. However, in occasions where I could cause the song to perfectly loop, I've done that.

As far as BrawlCustomMusic, the vast majority of them are just normal loops, much like the pack. Now, the majority are going to be custom loops, looped from scratch.

I didn't actually notice so many songs weren't looped. :eek: Hope you survive.

Oh yeah, Happy/Merry winter holiday!
They were looped, they just weren't looped well enough because of the program that I'd previously used to loop BRSTMs. Now it's all manual with Brawl Box for me.

The worst part about looping these, is that I'm forcing myself to ignore the most awesome Christmas present ever, a 3DS and Pokemon Y in order to finish my work. I'm really looking forward to playing that game.

Happy Christmas/Saturnalia.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Everything on my pack had a loop before, but it was only a normal loop most of the time, which occasionally caused bits of silence because of the way some songs tend to trail off into silence. Some songs still will have normal loops. However, in occasions where I could cause the song to perfectly loop, I've done that.

As far as BrawlCustomMusic, the vast majority of them are just normal loops, much like the pack. Now, the majority are going to be custom loops, looped from scratch.

They were looped, they just weren't looped well enough because of the program that I'd previously used to loop BRSTMs. Now it's all manual with Brawl Box for me.

The worst part about looping these, is that I'm forcing myself to ignore the most awesome Christmas present ever, a 3DS and Pokemon Y in order to finish my work. I'm really looking forward to playing that game.

Happy Christmas/Saturnalia.

Sucks man. But at least you're in the true spirit of Christmas, the spirit of giving!

Speaking of BrawlCustomMusic though, here are some good ones you might like (and I've used them before so I know they loop correctly):

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/573 - You Will Know Our Names, and Mechanical Rhythm

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/416 - Fury Swipes

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Sucks man. But at least you're in the true spirit of Christmas, the spirit of giving!

Speaking of BrawlCustomMusic though, here are some good ones you might like (and I've used them before so I know they loop correctly):

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/573 - You Will Know Our Names, and Mechanical Rhythm

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/416 - Fury Swipes
I'll check them out, but I wanna finish looping everything i already have before I consider adding new music to the game. Though with my new loops, the music folder ends up being smaller. so I could freely add a few songs without having to worry about SD cards hitting that point where they start to get glitchy with Brawl.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Just a heads up. I've almost finished personally looping just about everything in this pack and in the process the strm folder went from 889mb to 788mb. I'm not even done yet. Ah ha ha.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
Just a heads up. I've almost finished personally looping just about everything in this pack and in the process the strm folder went from 889mb to 788mb. I'm not even done yet. Ah ha ha.
It sounds like it was a good idea we sent you on this crazy looping spree then.

Do we say thanks or "you're welcome?"

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
This pack is literally so much win, thank you
Thank you. Sometime in the next day or so, I should be releasing an update with all the music in this pack perfectly looped (At least the songs that permitted custom loops) It should reduce the amount of space it takes up on the SD card by at least 100mb.

I'm so looking forward to being done looping BRSTM files.

It sounds like it was a good idea we sent you on this crazy looping spree then.

Do we say thanks or "you're welcome?"
Both work for me. Thank you and You're Welcome from me to you.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Heads up. All the looping I've been doing has come to an end and the .7z is finally uploading. The end size is down from 889mb to 774mb. When the pack is finally finished uploading, everyone that uses the packs that contain music should update their sound folders with the data contained within. Just delete the STRM folder and replace it with the one inside the 7z. If you have any music of your own added to it, I'd back those up first.

I'll make a post and a title change when the looped brstm files are uploaded completely.

Fathrim

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all the work you've put into this pack, man. You have much more patience than I do, cheers and hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Top Bottom