• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pwnz0rz Pack 3.02 - On a break, but a few future changes posted.

Necrojinsei

Smash Cadet
I assume that with the stage extension, I would feel the desire to fill the list in for no reason than to have the list filled. I want to avoid that and the desire to do that. I will look into it, but I'll need an appropriate amount of new stages.

Another thing that comes to mind though, is the music for the stage extension still completely restricted to what you have on Battlefield or was that fixed along the way and I just didn't notice?
From what I am aware you are able to manage the custom stage songs to certain sets. In fact if you have just a few stages you would like to add with their own 2-3 music options its totally viable. There are tools out there for it, its just that I have a mac and I myself cannot do it properly =/. I have tried wine bottler but every time I try to replace portraits in it the brawl box crashes. Oh well.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
From what I am aware you are able to manage the custom stage songs to certain sets. In fact if you have just a few stages you would like to add with their own 2-3 music options its totally viable. There are tools out there for it, its just that I have a mac and I myself cannot do it properly =/. I have tried wine bottler but every time I try to replace portraits in it the brawl box crashes. Oh well.
Interesting, I'll have to look into it more then. As of this moment, most of the stages I have are satisfactory to me, so if/when I find more stages that I feel are interesting enough to want to play on, I'll give it more consideration, but there will definitely need to be additional stages with that WOW factor for me to go through the troubles to add and make everything look right.

Necrojinsei

Smash Cadet
Interesting, I'll have to look into it more then. As of this moment, most of the stages I have are satisfactory to me, so if/when I find more stages that I feel are interesting enough to want to play on, I'll give it more consideration, but there will definitely need to be additional stages with that WOW factor for me to go through the troubles to add and make everything look right.
All right sounds good with me. If I were to suggest one it would be the Fourside 2 revamp, its amazing. your on a platform that moves up an amazingly altered large Fourside building. Its one of those things I think more people should know of.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30835
There's the link of you are interested.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
All right sounds good with me. If I were to suggest one it would be the Fourside 2 revamp, its amazing. your on a platform that moves up an amazingly altered large Fourside building. Its one of those things I think more people should know of.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30835
There's the link of you are interested.
It looks nice, but the design of the stage in play doesn't seem very different from some other stages already in the build. Visually, it's very pleasing though.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Is there going to be an update with more stages? I love this pack but is there any stages you were planning on adding?
Asides from the stupid lag on Dr. Wily's Castle, I like the stages I've got. I don't have any immediate plans to add stages at this point. If I find any stages that are unique and interesting enough, I'm always ready to consider them.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
After playing a ton of games, one thing's been bothering me (since one of my friends uses Dedede)... why does Dedede's normal texture look so awful? It's like fully saturated, texture-less, and quite out of place.

Also, how will this work with 3.01 now?

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
After playing a ton of games, one thing's been bothering me (since one of my friends uses Dedede)... why does Dedede's normal texture look so awful? It's like fully saturated, texture-less, and quite out of place.

Also, how will this work with 3.01 now?
You're probably right, I liked the fact that it was essentially his N64 look, right down to the scowling angry face. I haven't completely tested 3.01 with everything, but I'm in the process right now.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
New Project M update already? Wow. I was getting ready to finish my updates, but I think I'll give it a few more days to rest before there's a standard version of 3.0X.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
Since 3.02 is the standard for Apex, maybe it's okay to release the updated pack soon? After all, these are just minor revisions to fix bugs(though 3.01 fixing the lag feels like a major change.)

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Since 3.02 is the standard for Apex, maybe it's okay to release the updated pack soon? After all, these are just minor revisions to fix bugs(though 3.01 fixing the lag feels like a major change.)
I plan on it, I'm just out of town for now, so I'm not able to work on or release an update at the moment. Once I get back home, I plan to put together the 3.02 pack update.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Man, this is the only "Hack Compilation" thread that I want to download. If I download this right now without the update to 3.02, what would happen?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Oh yeah, I updated the main post with the main pack's 3.02 update. The others will be coming, but I'm a tad busy at the moment.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
No, just extract it to the core of your SD card. It should only be around 1.5 GB.
I figured out the problem! Thanks!

EDIT:

No wait nevermind, for some reason it says there is not enough space on the disk (SD Card) while i'm extracting it.

Last edited:

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
It doesn't work for me... I get to the launcher and hit Play!, but it just restarts the Wii. :(

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
It doesn't work for me... I get to the launcher and hit Play!, but it just restarts the Wii. :(
Hmm, I have no idea how to fix this to work with the launcher because I don't, nor can I use the launcher to do anything. It seems like everytime the PMBR takes a step forward, they go and make it harder to work on custom builds like this. It's a slight annoyance. @_@

I run my game via USB, so I've never had a chance to use the launcher. I'll definitely need some assistance with what I need in order to make that work without constantly rewriting the files used.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I've done some looking into the pack and had an idea as to what the problem with it is. This is all speculation of course, as I'm not capable of testing this myself, but if you can, please do.

If you have an official hackless version, put the launcher folder and the info.xml into the Projectm folder that's contained in my pack's download. Then try to load it up in the manner that you do to run the launcher. I have no way of knowing myself if this will work, but as I said, it's speculation. Please try it and let me know if it ran properly.

TheRawk

Smash Rookie
NNID
FeelTheRawk
3DS FC
0232-8088-7074
Hi, I'm a lurker and saw this...

I had the same issue and I use the hackless method via 2GB SD. What I did was I downloaded the "official" Project M 3.02, put it on the SD card root, entered the launcher in-game and updated it at the launcher screen as needed (The launcher itself still needs updated), and then shut off the game. After that I copied all of the SD card contents back into a new folder my PC and then I copied and pasted this pack into the same folder, overwriting/merging all folders/files as necessary.

After that, I deleted what was previously on my SD card, then copied the contents of the folder I just worked on over to the SD card, and then I was able to get into the game and play just fine.

After it was all said and done, I noticed that this recent pack is missing a few files and folders required for the hackless SD card method.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87

I had the same issue and I use the hackless method via 2GB SD. What I did was I downloaded the "official" Project M 3.02, put it on the SD card root, entered the launcher in-game and updated it at the launcher screen as needed (The launcher itself still needs updated), and then shut off the game. After that I copied all of the SD card contents back into a new folder my PC and then I copied and pasted this pack into the same folder, overwriting/merging all folders/files as necessary.

After that, I deleted what was previously on my SD card, then copied the contents of the folder I just worked on over to the SD card, and then I was able to get into the game and play just fine.

After it was all said and done, I noticed that this recent pack is missing a few files and folders required for the hackless SD card method.
Can you figure out what those files and folders are, probably based on the dating?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761

If you can point out exactly what is needed, that I am missing, I can update this completely. I really want this pack to work for everyone, but as I'd mentioned, I don't use the launcher, so I've no idea what is or is not currently missing.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
I was able to make it work the same way. I'll let you know what's different when I get a chance.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I was able to make it work the same way. I'll let you know what's different when I get a chance.
Thank you. Once I've got that information, I'll put out all the packs as soon as I'm able. There will probably be a few additions as well, I haven't completely decided yet.

david cordero

Smash Rookie
i got mine to work by adding the apps folder and whatever was missing from the project m folder and i got it to work.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
i got mine to work by adding the apps folder and whatever was missing from the project m folder and i got it to work.
Hmm, the non-homebrew version doesn't have an apps folder. So I should assume that just adding the launcher information that was missing from the projectm folder will fix everything and allow it to work?

TheRawk

Smash Rookie
NNID
FeelTheRawk
3DS FC
0232-8088-7074
If you can point out exactly what is needed, that I am missing, I can update this completely. I really want this pack to work for everyone, but as I'd mentioned, I don't use the launcher, so I've no idea what is or is not currently missing.
Just from a quick glance:

-The apps folder in the root is missing

-In the projectm folder, the following folders/files are missing:
  • full (folder)
  • launcher (folder)
  • wifi (folder)
  • info.xml

There might be more, but I'm rushing through this real quick.

What I would do is download both this pack and the official 3.02 release, and simply copy/paste/merge the contents of your pack into the official release, instead of the 1003 step program I used and explained earlier. I would try this out myself but won't be able to today. If no one else beats me to it I can do it tomorrow and see if it works.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Yeah the easiest thing to do is actually to just download the hackless zip, extract somewhere, copy your edited files on top, rezip the whole thing, and upload it for download. :p

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Just from a quick glance:

-The apps folder in the root is missing

-In the projectm folder, the following folders/files are missing:
  • full (folder)
  • launcher (folder)
  • wifi (folder)
  • info.xml

There might be more, but I'm rushing through this real quick.

What I would do is download both this pack and the official 3.02 release, and simply copy/paste/merge the contents of your pack into the official release, instead of the 1003 step program I used and explained earlier. I would try this out myself but won't be able to today. If no one else beats me to it I can do it tomorrow and see if it works.
Excellent, though the official hackless version has no apps folder in the root, so do you think that the app folder matters in the end?

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Excellent, though the official hackless version has no apps folder in the root, so do you think that the app folder matters in the end?
Not sure he meant by the apps folder int he root is missing. It worked fine for me without an apps folder.

Top Bottom