• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puzzle League/Panel De Pon General (Former SSB4 Lip Support Thread)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The Nintendo Direct stream wasn't loading for me, but apparently, there will be more DLC for SSB4 past Mewtwo, since Lucas just got confirmed. Lip still does have a chance to be in the game, even if it's a small one.
I'm kind of tempted to vote her, but I really... can't.

K.Rool, Isaac and other characters are much more wanted and have bigger and more vocal fanbases, which would really make Lip's pale in comparison. And since it's clearly that the fighters take some time to do (about a more than half a year or less depending on the type), I'm afraid I'll be wasting my single vote on her (or maybe I'll just take aliases and suggest different characters, lol)

But let's give it a shot.

(Changes Title)

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
I already casted my vote on Lip!
Man, this whole ballet thing brought my hopes up quite a bit more! Although she has quite the disadvantage being one of the lesser popular characters on this community, it still gives her a decent chance, again!

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I'm about to cast my vote for Lip, but I'm not sure if my "Why should this character be DLC?" thing is good enough. What do you guys think?

Lip, the flower fairy princess of Popples, should be a DLC fighter for Super Smash Bros. 4 because she is one of the most deceptively powerful Nintendo characters. She looks like a cute little girl, but if you mess with her friends, she won't hesitate to strike back with her powerful flower magic. Even being weaker than the other fairies of Popples and needing a magic wand to focus her powers through doesn't stop her from doing her best and putting a stop to any evil that might menace her world!

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Just cast my vote for Lip. Also, the quantity of ballots might not necessarily be the determining factor when deciding the next character. I have a feeling that well written comments could be just as important, if not more.

edit: Could the TC add me to the support list please?

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm about to cast my vote for Lip, but I'm not sure if my "Why should this character be DLC?" thing is good enough. What do you guys think?

Lip, the flower fairy princess of Popples, should be a DLC fighter for Super Smash Bros. 4 because she is one of the most deceptively powerful Nintendo characters. She looks like a cute little girl, but if you mess with her friends, she won't hesitate to strike back with her powerful flower magic. Even being weaker than the other fairies of Popples and needing a magic wand to focus her powers through doesn't stop her from doing her best and putting a stop to any evil that might menace her world!

I personally suggest telling the moveset potential of hers, as Smash Bros-fighters are most best chosen for what they can bring on the fighting table. It would help Lip more than mentioning her to those who might not be familiar, as making her sound exciting can easily garner the interest from the ballot surveyors.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Woah, I can't believe this thread is actually alive.

Either way, cast my vote. I've been #TeamLip from the beginning and I'm prepared to fight to the bitter end. ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Last edited:

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
I'm glad to see that others amongst this thread are taking advantage of the ballot to vote for Lip. I am just about to start casting my vote for her. A shame I'm limited to only 500 characters for the reasoning though, may make things a little tricky.

Also, Smashboards April Fools thing has me greatly confused... I'm too used to knowing who is who based off their profile picture rather than their name.

Anyway, go vote for Lip, we have a chance of getting her into SSB!

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
That said, I'm a little confused with my voting. The 'Why Should This Character Become A Fighter' box keeps cutting my words, making it look improper. Is this supposed to happen?

LipFlare

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone!

I voted for Lip! And gave them a raw taste of my for her composed "chain-system"

Kirby's down special block is there! Assumed it is a three space [4]-combo created block- two of them are a [x2]-block (one full line) that is the base!

By attacking the enemy repeatedly a "chain" is built which is indicated by a number (example: [x5]) below or above of Lip's character image mid-battle. If the chain is resolved (which will be by enter a Neutral-B) the hight of the accumulated chain is used to create a "garbageblock" and determine it's strenght, hight and or -extra effect (only for a high numbered chain) such as a stage wide quake, which could do things like stumble to grounded enemys which aren't direct hit by the block. To prevent it for beeing abused at low chains Lip will always perform a "chain-resolve-stance" from which the garbageblock will be created to hit the enemy by ending in a semi-taunt-like stance for the end of the resolve. ~([VS] Lip background stance I mean you!)~

*note the chain number start after -lets say 5- succesfully ~strong~ attacks [x2] to rise it -I think of it as a pursuing gameplay experience without ,that the enemy need to be overly defensive.

To bad there was a space limit ...

I hope I could give some insight in my thoughts and hope if not ,that it doesn't annoyed that much.

Have a good time everyone!

LipFlare

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
That said, I'm a little confused with my voting. The 'Why Should This Character Become A Fighter' box keeps cutting my words, making it look improper. Is this supposed to happen?
I think so, I didn't mind when it happened to me, it should look readable on the long run anyway.

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Dropped in to let you guys know I put in a vote for Lip. Even if Lip's chances for Smash are pretty much impossible, it's still a good idea to cast a vote for her to show Nintendo that the franchise has interest. This might even lead to a western Panel de Pon VC release if enough interest is shown.

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Haven't posted anything here in a long time, but just wanted to say that I voted for Lip. As slim as her chances may be, here's hoping she makes it in.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I'm glad to see that others amongst this thread are taking advantage of the ballot to vote for Lip. I am just about to start casting my vote for her. A shame I'm limited to only 500 characters for the reasoning though, may make things a little tricky.

Also, Smashboards April Fools thing has me greatly confused... I'm too used to knowing who is who based off their profile picture rather than their name.

More like Shaqboards

It shouldn't be that hard to fit a reasonably detailed explanation in 500 characters. Mine's exactly that amount.

I personally suggest telling the moveset potential of hers, as Smash Bros-fighters are most best chosen for what they can bring on the fighting table. It would help Lip more than mentioning her to those who might not be familiar, as making her sound exciting can easily garner the interest from the ballot surveyors.
I figure it's best to let Sora and Namco Bandai decide Lip's moveset for themselves, if she's picked. I did include some suggestions in the included paragraph (directly mentioning her flower magic and use of magic wand).

I'm sending my vote right now. Let's hope for the best for our little Lip!

Brosheep

Smash Rookie
NNID
Brosheep
3DS FC
4725-7941-8345
I just wanted to say here that I voted Lip, too!

As slim as her chances may be, here's hoping she makes it in.
That's a lot more than no chance at all! There's a lot of characters out there, but I think Lip is unique enough to make it in. Being from a puzzle game also helps there.

I really hope she'll become playable!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've been saying for a while that I wanted K. Rool, Isaac, and Dixie over Lip, with Lip after them. Now, though, thinking it over... I really WOULD much rather have Lip in Smash than Dixie. I voted for K. Rool on my PC and Isaac on my phone. I'll attempt to see if I can vote for Lip on my Wii U or laptop or something. It'd be nice to see if Lip could get decent support. I still don't think it'd happen, but I'd like to try and support Lip.

CH4F

Smash Cadet
Already did. (in french)

And, if Valkyrie can update the supporter list of the thread's OP, that'll be nice.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
When did I stop getting notifications for this thread? Hmm.

Anyways, I've made my vote for Lip!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Voted for Lip. I mostly focused on Panel de Pon being a masterpiece of a game and Lip's unique design with her flower wand.

I've been saying for a while that I wanted K. Rool, Isaac, and Dixie over Lip, with Lip after them. Now, though, thinking it over... I really WOULD much rather have Lip in Smash than Dixie. I voted for K. Rool on my PC and Isaac on my phone. I'll attempt to see if I can vote for Lip on my Wii U or laptop or something. It'd be nice to see if Lip could get decent support. I still don't think it'd happen, but I'd like to try and support Lip.
You can vote multiple times on the same machine, just don't go overboard, or do it too rapidly.

:231:

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I'm liking the idea of having Lip as a character. Add me to the support list, please.

Hopefully one day we can see the trio of Lip, Little Mac and Takamaru duking it out.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I HAVE RISEN FROM MY GRAVE FOR THIS EXCITING EVENT.

I haven't been around Smashboards much at all lately (mostly due to being busy with work and not having much to talk about), but after hearing about the Nintendo Direct, I zipped to that page and dumped all my love for Lip right then and there. I made sure to mention that she has an appealing appearance and much potential for an interesting moveset, but I sadly forgot to point out that PDP's 20th anniversary is later this year. That might be a good thing to mention!

I can't express how happy I am to see most of you guys still running strong and showing your support for Lip. Please spread the word around to your fellow Panel Poppers and encourage everyone to do the same--even if it seems hopeless! I mean, if nobody tries because it seems unlikely, that's a self-made result right there. A miniscule chance is still a chance!

I also encourage everyone to be as detailed as possible when writing up their votes to Lip. Try to make an argument for her! Who knows, it might really sway things a bit. Let's try out best!

<3 you all

ThatPersonGuy

Smash Cadet
I think that in general we should band all the obscure character fanbases together for some good pushes. There's some real potential here, but it'll all be for nothing if no one at least hears it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I HAVE RISEN FROM MY GRAVE FOR THIS EXCITING EVENT.

I haven't been around Smashboards much at all lately (mostly due to being busy with work and not having much to talk about), but after hearing about the Nintendo Direct, I zipped to that page and dumped all my love for Lip right then and there. I made sure to mention that she has an appealing appearance and much potential for an interesting moveset, but I sadly forgot to point out that PDP's 20th anniversary is later this year. That might be a good thing to mention!

I can't express how happy I am to see most of you guys still running strong and showing your support for Lip. Please spread the word around to your fellow Panel Poppers and encourage everyone to do the same--even if it seems hopeless! I mean, if nobody tries because it seems unlikely, that's a self-made result right there. A miniscule chance is still a chance!

I also encourage everyone to be as detailed as possible when writing up their votes to Lip. Try to make an argument for her! Who knows, it might really sway things a bit. Let's try out best!

<3 you all
Spoken well like a true fan. Thanks very much @ Kapus Kapus !

Also I might need to update the supporter list again indeed.

EDIT: Done.

Ironically enough I now find it also difficult to post a concise description about Lip as I'm trying to vote for her ATM.

Kirby98

Smash Cadet
Hello, I would like everyone to do me a favor please. Go to Nintendo's Smash Ballot and vote for Lip! I love Panel de pon because I have enjoyed playing the Puzzle League/Tetris Attack games since 1996 and I think this could be a great opportunity for Puzzle League to make a come back if Nintendo will release Puzzle League games for virtual console and the character Lip to promote it!

I went to the Ballot just shortly after the latest direct video from Nintendo and Lip was my very first to vote! Just don't fill in the forms with abuse or that will screw up our vote for Lip. So in order to vote for Lip, we must specify accurate information about the character and our votes must be very reasonable why we wanted her to become part of the roster.

This is how I describe the "Why should this character be in Smash Bros?" at the Ballot page.

"Lip was the main character in Panel de pon. While she appeared in only one game, Panepon was popular with 6 games so far. The games were fun, enjoyable and addictive! Lip should join Smash if there will be any Puzzle League games for virtual console. It would be very nice to see Lip team up or fight with Yoshi since she was replaced by Yoshi before and she haven't been known by many fans ever since Tetris Attack."

Good luck everyone! May the best voter gets their wishes to see the next DLC fighter for Smash Bros and you know I have my fingers crossed for Lip! :D

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
What if along with characters they added a couple more events?

Imagine an event in which you have to face against Yoshi while using Lip.

WalkOnARainbow

Smash Cadet
Hello, everyone! I'm back! This is wonderful news.

I just knew there would be another chance to support Lip in Smash. And now there's a vote.
I voted for Lip right away. And I decided to come to come to the Smash Boards again to show my support!

This is a wonderful new chance, I think we can really make it, this time! And even if we don't do it, this time around, I'm sure we can let Nintendo know that we love Panel de Pon and Lip! This is such a wonderful opportunity! I want to do something to spread the word about Panel de Pon and Lip!

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I hope Lip gets in as DLC, would be a cool choice imo...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Just a thought, but even though Lip likely won't even make a dent in the polls, they'll probably still read the votes for her.

Simply put, some of us could at least show Nintendo that "girly fairies" would sell in the US, particularly any male voters, if you make mention of how you far prefer the original Panel de Pon over Tetris Attack, maybe they could pass it along to IS.

I'm sure Nintendo of Japan would be surprised to see any demand from the west, so it's as good a shot as any.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Just a thought, but even though Lip likely won't even make a dent in the polls, they'll probably still read the votes for her.

Simply put, some of us could at least show Nintendo that "girly fairies" would sell in the US, particularly any male voters, if you make mention of how you far prefer the original Panel de Pon over Tetris Attack, maybe they could pass it along to IS.

I'm sure Nintendo of Japan would be surprised to see any demand from the west, so it's as good a shot as any.
While we would want to tell our wishes on Lip becoming playable, this should be our bigger priority overall. It is actually our long awaited chance to finally avert the current impressions about the western market towards Panel De Pon, and show that the demand for it's original form and actual games are still surging, despite being pushed around by much bigger ones around us.

WalkOnARainbow

Smash Cadet
I'm an American, and I love cute things. There are also plenty of girls who play video games, more than ever.
And it sounds like the culture of liking cute things is spreading here. Anime has been really popular here for many years. And pop musicians like Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and Miku Hatsune are popular here, too.

There's also My Little Pony. My Little Pony is popular with all genders and ages. Little girls and little boys, and adult men and women.

And lots of American cartoons today are inspired by anime.
And I can't go in a store without seeing lots of Hello Kitty things everywhere. And there's things like Miss Manga make-up in the make-up section. And Sailor Moon and Magical Girl anime are still really popular.

Oh, and Recettear has sold almost 400,000 copies on Steam!

I already voted and I don't want to vote twice. But I hope that Nintendo think we like cute, "girly" things. I really like cute, girly things, and I'm a Nintendo fan. If you think about it, a lot of Nintendo things are very cute and "girly". Like those cute cat suits in Super Mario 3D World.

I'm sure something wonderful will happen. I'm sure Lip can win, we just have to keep trying and keep hoping. And even if she doesn't, just like last time, I won't give up hope! I know that we can make a difference. I hope that we can have more Panel de Pon games and have Lip and the fairies in more games.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well, just submitted a vote for Lip. Smash could do with an adorable multishade brunette girl with a ponytail. So Lip would do. c:

D

Deleted member

I've voted for her and sable(the thread is closed and I'm not sure about assist trophies) but if lip gets in this will show that Nintendo is open to the idea of previously region only characters from games from a long time ago are still viewed as possible for upcoming series. So yes got Lip!!

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
Here's my vote for Lip, in French too, because i'm French, pour la victoire !

Lip is a character who I really really love, I think her game is amazing, and she is soooooooooooooo cute !:love: I will be very happy if she will join the Smash and she could be very nice to play. But with all the fanboys around the world who doesn't care about this poor girl and vote for their ton of bull**** like Hatsune Miku, the chance are unfortunately very low, but it makes me happy to see I'm not the only one to support her and she have a little bit of fans.

Well, sorry for my not very good English, it's because I'm a French guy, alors dansons tous ensembles !

Calane

Smash Ace
Though Isaac is my most wanted, Lip was the one I voted for. She's my second most wanted, and the one character that I can come up with a bunch of reasons for inclusion. Honestly, the chances don't seem incredibly high that she'd be the one picked, but we shouldn't give up. If we really want to let Nintendo know that we want Lip, we really have to show it. How? By getting lots more votes in for her. How we do that is the question. Since Sakurai already likes Lip, and her game, if he sees enough interest in the character, he'd probably be happy to add her. It may seem impossible, but Lip needs much more support if our voices are to be heard. Basically, I'm saying that we need to convince more people to vote for her or something. Everyone has a shot at making it, hopefully Lip won't be forgotten.

D

Deleted member

Now that tak. And sable are assist, unfortunately, this now opens the table for lip. The fairy princess can now spread her wings as the new and last standing rep for the retro characters left.

Also I feel that the stage used for her can be either the Tetris stage idea or mimin island from captain rainbow. I really want to go for the later but both would be cool. We could also see in the background characters from the island. Maybe even other (donbe new model is a yes for me)
I also have to ask will she use her wand or her hands to attack. If they use the wand that's fine, just take it of the items. What do y'all think?

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Tak and Sable as assists (two characters I also would like to see playable) opens anything more than before, cause we already have Marth and Lucas who didn't appeared out of Japan before their first appearance in Smash.

The stage used for her could be of course Fairyland from her first game, it could have some gimmicks with the blocs, and some fairies of the game who could do something, and Cordelia's Dragon should be an excellent Boss. This stage could have many musics from the Panel de Pon game, remixed or original, but also Yoshi's theme from Tetris Attack and Pikachu's theme from Pokémon Puzzle Challenge, a few musics from Dr Mario, Yoshi's Cookie, Wario's Woods or Kirby's Star Stacker, or even from Paper Mario, cause both games are by the same creator. It could also come with another fairy, like Windy, Thiana, Flare, Elias, Ruby, Seren or anyone else as an Assist Trophy.

She could attack with her wand of course, but also could have a few attack with her hands and her feets and use magic power and blocs.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm an American, and I love cute things. There are also plenty of girls who play video games, more than ever.
And it sounds like the culture of liking cute things is spreading here. Anime has been really popular here for many years. And pop musicians like Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and Miku Hatsune are popular here, too.

There's also My Little Pony. My Little Pony is popular with all genders and ages. Little girls and little boys, and adult men and women.

And lots of American cartoons today are inspired by anime.
And I can't go in a store without seeing lots of Hello Kitty things everywhere. And there's things like Miss Manga make-up in the make-up section. And Sailor Moon and Magical Girl anime are still really popular.

Oh, and Recettear has sold almost 400,000 copies on Steam!

I already voted and I don't want to vote twice. But I hope that Nintendo think we like cute, "girly" things. I really like cute, girly things, and I'm a Nintendo fan. If you think about it, a lot of Nintendo things are very cute and "girly". Like those cute cat suits in Super Mario 3D World.

I'm sure something wonderful will happen. I'm sure Lip can win, we just have to keep trying and keep hoping. And even if she doesn't, just like last time, I won't give up hope! I know that we can make a difference. I hope that we can have more Panel de Pon games and have Lip and the fairies in more games.
Is it wrong that I imagined Lip and the other fairies as ponies after that? Maybe it's the friendship loving brony in me.

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
I'm a French guy (et fier de l'être) and I also love cute things and many of Japan culture and kawaii characters, but I don't like Hatsune Miku x)

However, I'm a huge fan of many cute girl characters, like Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service, Yotsuba from Yotsuba&!, Hotaru from Fatal Fury, and of course Lip. I think they are "trop mignonnes !"

Top Bottom