• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puzzle League/Panel De Pon General (Former SSB4 Lip Support Thread)

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Do you mind if I put this picture on my FYeahPanelDePon blog? ^^

On a directly related note, I just put this pic up on my blog in a continuation of that weird Game & Watch Gallery x Panel de Pon theme I have.

http://fyeahpaneldepon.tumblr.com/post/116618027844/artist-mabetech
(Edit: I noticed a few errors.)

Maybe it'll happen one day if I ever learn how to program (or decompress graphics).
Go right ahead, i'm a loyal follower of that blog. So it'll only make me happy to see it on there. ;]

That Lip looks great, by the way!

Can I get a "Year of AEM" emblem?? Lip and I have the same birth/release date, girl may as well be my twin obv.

Hoping to toss a vote for Lip very soon, I just need to get on another computer to do so.
I'll gladly make one if you want. :]

How many of us were born in 1995? :p

:231:
I'm 1993, sorry. I'm an old grandpa. D:

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I'm 1994, so I've got a year on her. Oh well. I can be Lip's big brother, I guess. ^^

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lip as a tsundere would never work for me, i see her more as cheerful and very friendly. Her role in Captain Rainbow displays this very clearly. ^^
It's bit strange because the original bio in PDP says she's bit of a tomboy. I guess it just didn't show enough in her appearances.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
It's bit strange because the original bio in PDP says she's bit of a tomboy. I guess it just didn't show enough in her appearances.
It very likely means she's the "tough" one, out of all the fairy companions. Her original artwork supports this, as she is seen with a competitive facial expression.

This side of her doesn't really show in Captain Rainbow, where she has actual dialogue. I mean,
I don't exactly know why, as i can't read Japanese. But it seemed like she did it because her pet flowers insulted her or something? That really gives me the vibe that Lip is very passionate and lighthearted.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
It very likely means she's the "tough" one, out of all the fairy companions. Her original artwork supports this, as she is seen with a competitive facial expression.

This side of her doesn't really show in Captain Rainbow, where she has actual dialogue. I mean,
I don't exactly know why, as i can't read Japanese. But it seemed like she did it because her pet flowers insulted her or something? That really gives me the vibe that Lip is very passionate and lighthearted.
According to Captain Rainbow, the girl's got serious allergy problems.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I hardly think Captain Rainbow is the best source for any canonical knowledge.

I'm definitely liking the idea of tsun tsun Lip though.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I do hear that "atashi", Lip's pronoun of choice (Japanese has many), has a very casual sound to it, meaning it's often used for tomboys who skew feminine. Masculine-skewing tomboys tend to use "boku" or "ore", although mostly in the media (it'd be weird and very weird, respectively, for a girl to use those pronouns in real life).

And Lip cries if you get a Game Over in the SNES game, too, so it's not like she was really above it all back then. : P

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I never really saw her a tsundere... It doesn't really fit her in-game role, her in-game appearance OR her voice clips.

She's more of a cheerful child, imo.

WalkOnARainbow

Smash Cadet
Lip seems like most people. She's feminine in some ways and masculine in some ways. I think most of us are that way.

Lip seems very feminine to me, though. She wears a cute pink dress and a cute pink ribbon.
But I guess femininity and masculinity mean different things sometimes.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
The more people who see Lip stamps in peoples' sigs, the more people who know about her and the more who might find out about the series and vote for her. Always helps to spread the word. ^^

I told my sister to vote for Lip too since she knows I like Panel de Pon, but I'm not sure whether she actually did it. It's hard to get a good read on her sometimes.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
But you could argue that if the other companies do get another character, Arle's popularity (in Japan) is possibly even with Sonic without the backlash he gets.
Let me say something I mentioned in another thread a while ago:

I did read somewhere that Arle Nadja is a highly requested 3rd party character in Japan. Considering that Ryu issupposedly in the game, I'm going to go for broke and say Arle isn't all that farfetched an idea if Nintendo will listen to their fans in Japan for her. Also, is it weird that after seeing her game and her design, I actually kind of want her in now? She's just so cute and adorable. Especially in Puyo Puyo Fever. If, by some SERIOUS miracle, she is added as Smash 4 DLC, I personally think they should use her design in Puyo Puyo N. It looks just right for Smash Bros.

Hopefully, Arle would use this design:
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/8/81887/1680887-arlenadja.jpg
or
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_small/1/16207/2349041-arle.png

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
>Hanyuu avatar
>Supports Ashley, Lip and Paper Mario.

We should become friends. :b:

Yeah, Higurashi is one of my most favorite anime ever; Hanyuu is the epitome of moe~ :love:
What anime/game is your avatar from? Looks like some Touhou girl :3

Everyone, look at what I found:

I like how they make the most use of those precious 500 characters here ^_^

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
I can imagine in Lip's trailer that Lip is crying because nobody loves or knows Puzzle League anymore, acknowledging the fact that Fire Emblem is Intelligent Systems' most popular franchise. She wants her revenge on not only Yoshi who took her spot in Tetris Attack, but the Fire Emblem cast as well.

How's that sound? If Lip makes it to Smash, Intelligent Systems will finally make new Puzzle League games!

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Arle?

Puyo Puyo huh...

Well after looking into it some more, it was westernized as Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

Just like Panel de Pon to Tetris Attack. I even played both games back in the day.

Guess it wasn't just Nintendo...

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I can imagine in Lip's trailer that Lip is crying because nobody loves or knows Puzzle League anymore, acknowledging the fact that Fire Emblem is Intelligent Systems' most popular franchise. She wants her revenge on not only Yoshi who took her spot in Tetris Attack, but the Fire Emblem cast as well.

How's that sound? If Lip makes it to Smash, Intelligent Systems will finally make new Puzzle League games!
I said as much in my vote:

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Arle?

Puyo Puyo huh...

Well after looking into it some more, it was westernized as Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

Just like Panel de Pon to Tetris Attack. I even played both games back in the day.

Guess it wasn't just Nintendo...
Puyo Pop was also turned into Kirby Avalanche. Also, bringing up that Japan Dlc poll, Arle was the 3rd highest 3rd party character on the list with Ryu as the 5th 3rd party behind her and Zero.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Puyo Pop was also turned into Kirby Avalanche. Also, bringing up that Japan Dlc poll, Arle was the 3rd highest 3rd party character on the list with Ryu as the 5th 3rd party behind her and Zero.
It's like I said earlier, now that Ryu is possibly Smash 4 DLC, Arle may have a chance to get in on the "Smashing" fun alongside Sonic.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I'm not so sure about having Arle as DLC. She might fill the "niche" that Lip would otherwise fill as cute puzzle game representative, leaving poor Lippy redundant at best and a moveset clone at worst. (Yet, I consider being a clone worse than just not being DLC at all.)

Looking around at some early DLC poll results, only about a quarter of people are actually voting for characters who have a chance, and even then, most of them are voting to get cut characters back rather than rep new IPs. Everyone else seems to be voting for characters who are already in as NPCs (Daisy, Waluigi, Ashley, Midna, Ridley), characters from rival companies (Banjo and Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot), characters who won't get in without a lot of legal wrangling (basically any original character from Super Mario RPG), and characters who will just plain not be in the game (Ice Climbers, Metal Mario, the Wii Remote stick figure, Cory Baxter). Combine that how we may only be getting two DLC characters after Mewtwo, Lucas, and Ryu, with one of those possible being Roy, and... It's a little disheartening. Well, not a little. But I won't lose hope just yet. All of those "junk" votes will just make the plausible ones stick out even more. Besides, it's more about quality, not quantity (or it should be) - and we still have till October!

Apparently, K. Rool is as popular a vote as he is in Japan because of fan campaigning. Maybe we could do something similar? Just a thought.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yeah, Higurashi is one of my most favorite anime ever; Hanyuu is the epitome of moe~ :love:
What anime/game is your avatar from? Looks like some Touhou girl :3
My favourite girl from the show was Rena, well, the mad laughter aside. :p Yeah, it's Alice from Touhou. :3

-------------------------------------
I'm not sure if I like the idea of Arle being DLC. Would kind of feel like putting Sonic before Mario to me. Though I'd still take as Puyo is good. :laugh:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Lip VS Arle would be awesome, though, if Arle would manage to get in before Lip (as secondary SEGA character) it would be just another slap in the face to Lip fans I think...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Puyo Puyo is still big in Japan, to the point they made Puyo Puyo x Tetris (Which is still Japan-only, bleh) and have an ongoing IOS-game that gets constant updates.

I don't think Arle seems that probable though, she's mostly getting her popularity from Japan, as the attempts to bring Puyo Pop in outerstates was instantly done with after Puyo Pop Fever.

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
I've made my vote with nearly 500 characters too ^^

(En bon français s'il-vous-plait)

Top Bottom