• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puzzle League/Panel De Pon General (Former SSB4 Lip Support Thread)

CH4F

Smash Cadet
>French
>Likes Lip
>Likes Hotaru from Garou
So much in common with me, Kawai. That's strange...
But, welcome anyway. (Sérieusement, bienvenue.)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
:4villagerf: is the only little girl in the roster right now. She needs companions. :p

:4villager: has a lot - :4ness::4lucas::4tlink:

:231:

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
Yeah CH4F, so much in common, maybe we could become bons amis ^^

FalKoopa yes I thinked about it, there is no little girl in the roster except costume for Villager female, and we had Nana as partner of Popo of the Ice Climbers but they are gone...

and you have forgotten Bowser Jr for the little boys although he is not human x)

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
Ugh, everytime I look at any social networking of sorts, and see a "Characters that would be viable to win the Smash Ballot," Lip never seems to appear in any of them. And in her stead is a slew of dozens of characters from recent games, and a bunch of third party characters? I've seen Cooking Mama appear on these lists more than I see Lip!
Is it just me, or is it starting to bug anybody else?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ugh, everytime I look at any social networking of sorts, and see a "Characters that would be viable to win the Smash Ballot," Lip never seems to appear in any of them. And in her stead is a slew of dozens of characters from recent games, and a bunch of third party characters? I've seen Cooking Mama appear on these lists more than I see Lip!
Personally I don't see Lip as viable to "win" the poll, but she's certainly far more likely than the generic third parties commonly mentioned... especially Banjo (though he does deserve it).

The main issue is there are few iconic Nintendo characters left, and although Lip is definitely viable she's Japanese only and isn't that we'll known.

I threw a vote Lip's way but still don't think she's that likely...

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I noticed that too.
Lip had lots of supporters in the Brawl days, but now she has very few of them -.-
I'm thinking right now... Disney recently started a new cartoon series featuring a magical girl, that's a parody of the traditional Japanese Mahou Shoujo. If it becomes very popular in the future (there are already lots of meme gifs of it), maybe Lip could benefit of that, being a mahou shoujo.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Threw a vote towards Lip on Day 1 myself. Dunno how I forgot to mention it here. There are so many characters I support for this initiative, it gets a bit crazy to keep track of them all. Here's what I submitted:

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
Lip is not popular at all, unfortunatly, she has nearly no supporters for Smash. In Japan, Hatsune Miku is more claimed than her for DLC character, that prove the hope are very low.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Lip is not popular at all, unfortunatly, she has nearly no supporters for Smash. In Japan, Hatsune Miku is more claimed than her for DLC character, that prove the hope are very low.
Low hopes is not an excuse to not support a character.
It's actually the opposite, supporting a not very popular character is a lot more useful than supporting a very popular one; even if the character won't make it, it's still useful to make our voices heared.

Lip is not very high priority in my list (I like the character but I'm not as fond to her as other characters), but I definitely support her, because she's one of those characters that deserve to be in Smash but has never been in Smash due to unfair reasons (Adeleine is in the same boat).

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
Ah but of course, it is a reason to open our hearts to Nintendo and make known she deserves to be in, it's exactly what I do to vote for her in the Ballot.

CH4F

Smash Cadet
Personnaly, that'll be great if Lip is in Smash 4, but that's not the first reason why I voted her.
If Sora made her as a DLC, that can be the boost Panel de Pon needs to make another game and not an other "blank" Puzzle League.

But, with all the time they need to pull out Mewtwo and Lucas, I don't think either Sora, Nintendo or Namco would make a brand new character of a base no one (except PDP fans) knows, without being a clone of somebody, already on the cast, just like Ness is for Lucas.

And how many on the cast are SNES representative? (the first game on the series was on SNES/Super Famicom)
Diddy, Captain Falcon and... That's it? Only 2 characters for one of the best Nintendo console ever? At least, Lip can be the third.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Lips awesome.

I dunno if the Lip's stick should still be an item if she joins though, its not like the Master Sword ect are items.
~ Valkyrie ~ Add me to supporters list. :D

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's a shame that Lip isn't even an assist trophy. You'd figure she'd get that at least.

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Lip makes no apparition at all, it's to believe Nintendo really hates her...

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, at least Hatsune Miku doesn't have a chance at all (She's not a video game character, and none of her games are on Nintendo systems).

I wonder why Lip has no trophy though, although her wand and her theme song are both in the game.

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
That's a good think at least, SSB should not be ruined by characters totally out of subject.

I hope Lip could have better representation in the future, she had a sticker (it was Furil but with the name of Lip, weird...), but it is gone.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Well, at least Hatsune Miku doesn't have a chance at all (She's not a video game character, and none of her games are on Nintendo systems).

I wonder why Lip has no trophy though, although her wand and her theme song are both in the game.

But there are Project Mirai games that are on Nintendo consoles...
anyway, I agree with you, Hatsune Miku (even if I think she would be hilarious) doesn't makes much more sense than Shrek.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But there are Project Mirai games that are on Nintendo consoles...
anyway, I agree with you, Hatsune Miku (even if I think she would be hilarious) doesn't makes much more sense than Shrek.
I didn't know this existed. O_o I was thinking of Project Diva. The more you know, I guess.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Just want to say how great it is to see so many people regaining hope and interest in Lip with the announcement of the DLC poll. ^^ If we all vote for Lip and convince as many of our friends as we can to vote for Lip, maybe (just maybe) we'll have a fighting chance at getting her in as DLC. Let's make it happen, everyone!

I actually have some ideas for DLC stages themed around the PDP series, assuming DLC stages past Miiverse are in the cards - one for 3DS and one for Wii U. I'll write them up and post them here if anyone's interested.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I definitely think we'll get DLC stages. I'd love a Panel de Pon stage if nothing else...

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
Panel de Pon stage will obviously be Fairyland if it comes ^^ with Cordelia's Dragon as a Boss it could be nice.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Yeah, Lip makes no apparition at all, it's to believe Nintendo really hates her...
At the very least she does have stuff in the game(s) between a Melee trophy, Lip's Stick being an item since Melee and the PdP theme on certain stages. Mike Jones is an example of what happens when Nintendo forgets a franchise.

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
So forgotten that I didn't know who he is x)

I don't remember a Lip trophy in Melee O_o

Last edited:

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
I haven't posted here in a while, as things have been very rough for me lately. But i want to let you all know I've still got your back 100%, I've already cast my vote for Lip ever since the day the Ballot began. I want to raise awareness too, and make our voices louder. So i screen capped my vote description and made this awareness poster out of it:

Drawing Lip is simply to much fun. n_n

I really want THIS to be the Year of Lip, let's all try to make it happen! Nintendo going mobile opens up possibilities for them experimenting with some of their lesser known IP's. Wouldn't Panel De Pon make a perfect mobile game? If we can get this to trend, we'll definitely be at least noticed. It really warms me to see this thread still going strong, i'm proud of all of you! ^-^

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Can I get a "Year of AEM" emblem?? Lip and I have the same birth/release date, girl may as well be my twin obv.

Hoping to toss a vote for Lip very soon, I just need to get on another computer to do so.

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
I have the same age as Lip, I'm from 1995 too ^^

And I also the same age as the Pokémon series and my favorite vidéo game : Super Mario World 2 Yoshi' Island.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I'm not going to lie, another (secret) reason why I want Lip in game is for an official unofficial Captain Rainbow alumni reunion between her, Little Mac and Takamaru in Smash. lol

D

Deleted member

I'm not going to lie, another (secret) reason why I want Lip in game is for an official unofficial Captain Rainbow alumni reunion between her, Little Mac and Takamaru in Smash. lol
I just hope for her to be playable, a captain rainbow and Tetris stage, and some song remix.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Well I meant my birthday is the same day as Panel de Pon's anniversary.

But ye, 95' master race!

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
My birthday is always one month before Lip's. TBH, a lot of my fave VG-characters share 27th as their birthday date.
am i one of your favorite video game characters ;^)
ill stop now

You know what would be cool for Panel de Pon's anniversary?? A title on the eShop!! It doesn't even have to be new, just bring it back over to the eShop! Maybe even localize the original version? ...Please? I swear when MOTHER 3 gets localized we're going to be the next closest thing to the Earthbound fans

Top Bottom