• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puzzle League/Panel De Pon General (Former SSB4 Lip Support Thread)

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
I definitely don't think Lip's stick deconfirms her, but it does hurt her chances as I previously stated. I won't throw in the towel until the unlockable characters start getting leaked around the game's release (I do believe the Gematsu leak, I'm hoping those are simply the newcomers being revealed before release or an impartial list).

Lip better be an AT if she's not playable, or at the very least have a trophy that uses her original design and not Captain Rainbows. She deserves that much.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Hey, if the Ridley and Toad threads are still going strong, I don't see any real reason why this thread shouldn't.

Besides, we'll know the full roster in like, 4 months at least, we can probably ride it out until then.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
That's what I like to hear! Good to hear people are still rooting for Lippy, even with this setback.

Lip better be an AT if she's not playable, or at the very least have a trophy that uses her original design and not Captain Rainbows. She deserves that much.
I wouldn't be upset if she got a Captain Rainbow trophy, personally. It's the same basic design, and she's adorable either way.

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
As a fellow retro character supporter, I feel very sad for Lip's Stick being an item. I honestly hope that Panel de Pon gets better represented than it was in Brawl, with stages, music and trophies.

WalkOnARainbow

Smash Cadet
Thank you for the welcome everyone.

Oh, it looks like she hasn't made it in. That's disappointing. Still, there's a chance. I'm never going to give up hope.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I keep saying that Lip's Stick still being an item doesn't mean a whole lot. For example, in their home series Mario and Luigi need Fire Flowers to shoot fireballs, but in Smash Bros. they can shoot fireballs to begin with and the Fire Flower is a separate item. Also take, for instance, Kirby's Adventure, in which Kirby wielded the Star Rod to attack during his final battle with Nightmare. The Star Rod is an item in Smash Bros; that doesn't mean Kirby isn't playable. (In the Greninja trailer, you can even see him holding one right at the beginning.)

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I keep saying that Lip's Stick still being an item doesn't mean a whole lot. For example, in their home series Mario and Luigi need Fire Flowers to shoot fireballs, but in Smash Bros. they can shoot fireballs to begin with and the Fire Flower is a separate item. Also take, for instance, Kirby's Adventure, in which Kirby wielded the Star Rod to attack during his final battle with Nightmare. The Star Rod is an item in Smash Bros; that doesn't mean Kirby isn't playable. (In the Greninja trailer, you can even see him holding one right at the beginning.)
Mario's fireball is a single move. Kirby doesn't use the Star Rod in his moveset at all. Lip would use her stick for her standard attacks, and it's her iconic weapon, it would be like the Master Sword being an item, basically, Link still has bombs even though there are plenty of bomb items, the stick is not comparable at all.

As much as I wish Lip was in, I'm not going to fool myself, I already knew she had a very poor shot to begin with. I'll always have a place for Lip though.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Mario's fireball is a single move. Kirby doesn't use the Star Rod in his moveset at all. Lip would use her stick for her standard attacks, and it's her iconic weapon, it would be like the Master Sword being an item, basically, Link still has bombs even though there are plenty of bomb items, the stick is not comparable at all.

As much as I wish Lip was in, I'm not going to fool myself, I already knew she had a very poor shot to begin with. I'll always have a place for Lip though.
I'm sorry but, like I said before, I just don't see it. Primarily because I don't see Lip being the sort to primarily whack her opponents with her wand. Why do we assume it would be used in all of her standard attacks?

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Mario's fireball is a single move
Mario's move set is also mostly fabricated, beyond the Super Jump Punch, Super Cape (which isn't even used to fly here), fireball, and FLUDD. Who's to say Lip's can't be too?

Last edited:

HatsuneMiku

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget there's the ScrewAttack Item, Samus' most iconic move coexists with Samus being playable and even having her own ScrewAttack moveset as her uppercut. Like i said, an item should never disconfirm a character entirely.

Then again Lip could have more simplistic standard attacks like punching and kicking, similar to Ness. It's not guaranteed that she'd use the Stick for her standard moves. She doesn't actually "use" the Stick in her games either when you think about it, she just holds it. As for her special attack moveset they'd definitely include something to do with the Tetris blocks in different variations.

Last edited:

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
TBH, I never thought Lip would use her stick for standard attacks. I always assumed it would only be shown off in taunts/victory poses/during puzzle block summoning. And/or used exactly like the item for her neutral B move.

Last edited:

WalkOnARainbow

Smash Cadet
I'm someone who has always thought that disappointment wasn't worth not getting your hopes up in the first place. Yes, it's sad to be disappointed, but it feels wonderful to hope. No matter how feint the likelihood something may happen. So that's what I'm doing. I know we can do it.

I know we can accomplish something if we put our minds to it and keep supporting our favourite characters. If not this time, then maybe next time, and if not next time, maybe the game after that. I'll never give up hope. Perhaps this time was just practice for the next game. If we keep supporting Lip, I'm sure that Sakurai and other people will notice how much we like her and how much we want her in the games.

I'm like Kapus, I just want to support Lip. I'm a Panel de Pon fan and I'll continue to keep supporting it no matter what happens. Even we don't get Lip in the game here, I won't be discouraged, I'll keep finding ways to support Lip and the Panel de Pon world. Just being able to support Lip in Smash Bros. makes me happy.

I don't think we should give up hope. Because there's always hope as long as we keep supporting. I think that dreams come to those who reach for them and don't give up. No matters what happens, we have a community, and we can continue to make it grow. And we haven't lost until we've lost. And we've still never lost as long as we have passion. Anyone who has passion can make what they want to happen come true, somehow, someday.

So I believe we're going to get Lip in Smash Bros., as long as we keep up faith. Lip isn't out yet.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Lip's stick is in the game, as it always has been (except 64), but strangely she has never been in the game, maybe except Trophy form.

I do think it is time to let her in the game, since her item has been in the game for a while.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
She doesn't actually "use" the Stick in her games either when you think about it, she just holds it.
Just saying, but in VS mode of Panel De Pon, Lip very visibly uses her wand to cast magic (garbage blocks) on her opponents. Furil does this as well.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Still got my money on you Lip! Come on girl, I bet you can do more just without the stick!

HatsuneMiku

Smash Apprentice
Just saying, but in VS mode of Panel De Pon, Lip very visibly uses her wand to cast magic (garbage blocks) on her opponents. Furil does this as well.
Indeed, and that is what i figure they'd base her special attacks on. She's never seen using it as a "Melee" weapon, like a lot seems to assume she'd use for her standard attacks. I just don't see it, it's kind of out of character if you ask me. o.o

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Indeed, and that is what i figure they'd base her special attacks on. She's never seen using it as a "Melee" weapon, like a lot seems to assume she'd use for her standard attacks. I just don't see it, it's kind of out of character if you ask me. o.o
Well the same can easily be said for Rosalina, but look at her.

Of course that isn't considering the fact that others have used Lip's wand as a Melee attack, so I don't understand why she wouldn't as well.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Personally, I've always imagined Lip attacking more with puzzle blocks and junk blocks and stuff like that, rather than just wacking people with her stick. Things like creating platforms and obstacles on the stage, and having junk blocks rain down from the sky.
The stick itself always struck me as more of a "wand" type instrument to make magic happen, rather than a physical weapon.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I still think that she should use her wand as her main method to attack, as it's quite an essence of her recognition and she uses it to conjure her magic and spells. It'd be of course funny to see her equip another Stick that is an item though.

There's though the idea of reimagining her like Pit was to use the magic from her hands (but that'd make her feel bit unoriginal compared to likes of Zelda and probably Palutena) and some other fairy-motive moves. I also wondered that since Nin-G is now taking the role of being the water PKMN in this installment, Squirtle and perhaps Ivysaur might not return due it. Charizard being the sole Pokemon is also enforcing this theory eve further.

Could then Ivysaur's grass motives have potential to go on Lip this time?

Last edited:

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I still think that she should her wand as her main method to attack, as it's quite an essence of her recognition and she uses it to conjure her magic and spells. It'd be of course weird to see her equip another Stick that is an item though.

There's though the idea of reimagining her like Pit was to use the magic from her hands (but that'd make her feel bit unoriginal compared to likes of Zelda and probably Palutena) and some other fairy-motive moves. I also wondered that since Nin-G is now taking the role of being the water PKMN in this installment along with his ninja-themed attacks, Squirtle and perhaps Ivysaur might not return due it and Charizard being the sole Pokemon this time.

Could then Ivysaur's grass motives have potential to go on Lip this time?
Funnily enough, I actually did once theorize the thought of Lip acting as a last-second Ivysaur replacement in case PT got reduced down to Charizard (Something I totally called by the way.), entirely utilizing plant/flower based attacks. It wouldn't really do that much justice to the character, but she's the only other non-Pokemon character I can think of that can utilize plants, so....

Though I have the feeling that if they really wanted Ivysaur's moveset in, it'd just be easier to bite the bullet and include the other Pokemon separately anyway (which unfortunately looks unlikely at this point tbh)

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Interesting idea. Charizard keeps its fire-type moves, Squirtle's are transferred to Greninja's, and Lip gets some of Ivysaur's plant-based moves.

Still, though, I see her fighting more with puzzle cursors, garbage blocks, and the like than with Vine Whip and Razor Leaf.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Ivysaur was more about grass than it was about flowers, and I suspect Lip's moves (if they went that direction with her) would be more flower based.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I really like Lip smash has opened the pad for me to franchises that I have never know like this one but I don't see her making in the game (as playable) Lip's Stick has been confirmed as an item like everybody knows, It doesn't make sense to have her playable without using her signature item even if you can put her a really original moveset without the stick, it's like having Link appearing but the Master Sword as an item, why put out of a playable character the very item that better represent her?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Ivysaur was more about grass than it was about flowers, and I suspect Lip's moves (if they went that direction with her) would be more flower based.
Then again, Ivysaur's does use the flower bud on its back to attack with its Up smash, Down air or Up air. Perhaps Lip could use similar moves to those.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Grass, flowers, they're both plants, right?

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Grass, flowers, they're both plants, right?
I can't really see Lip using grass related moves with the exception of leaves. Flowers/petals is really what suits her. I can still see her using rainbow colored magic blasts and girly type things however (though Peach sort of has the girly stuff covered).

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Flower-based magic, that'd an interesting niche to fill! Hasn't been represented in a character yet, at least..

andimidna

Smash Master
Flower-based magic, that'd an interesting niche to fill! Hasn't been represented in a character yet, at least..
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate-their-chances-day-203-takamaru-and-lip.351920/

Hey Lip supporters!!
Come support Lip on the Rate Their Chances thread!
Her chances may be low, but that doesn't mean her want can't raise!
We're rating both Lip and Takamaru in chance and want!

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Noted and voted. I probably gave her the highest chance and want of anyone, heheh.

Top Bottom