• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puzzle League/Panel De Pon General (Former SSB4 Lip Support Thread)

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I expect a full Lip redesign like Pit got in Brawl. Not that she needs one, but so she fits just a bit better in Smash. I'm okay with that mock up art.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Indeed, Lip and her friends in the original Panel De Pon game are depicted as being rather short and juvenile. They are fairies, after all!

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Pardon my consecutive posts.

I refurbished my moveset and palette designs from earlier. I'd like to re-submit this for the first post.
[collapse="Lip by Kapus"]
[/collapse]

Making this made me realize just how much I would love Lip as a playable character. She seems like she would be a very unique and fun character to play as.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Pardon my consecutive posts.

I refurbished my moveset and palette designs from earlier. I'd like to re-submit this for the first post.
[collapse="Lip by Kapus"]
[/collapse]

Making this made me realize just how much I would love Lip as a playable character. She seems like she would be a very unique and fun character to play as.
That looks familiar for some reason. Didn't we met before?

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
As I had said, it's a moveset from earlier that has been refurbished.

I'll make a standard attack moveset for her soon. Still working out the details of her final smash..

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So I was browsing Panel De Pon's JPN page again and I looked through some of the official art. I came across with this one:

This really had me scratching my head because I was really SURE I had seen this kind of house before.

Aaaanddd guess what, I was right!

Lip's house from Captain Rainbow is based on this! I have to admit, I'm quite surprised by the sheer dedication they put into this.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Yes, that is true! I always found that to be fascinating, because the house itself (to my knowledge) never actually appears in the original Panel De Pon game. In fact, Lip's house on the overworld map is actually depicted as a Flower Bud. Curious.

It might have been used somewhere in the GCN sequel, though. Gonna take a look next time I get the chance.

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, you know Furil from Panel de Pon GCN? Is she actually Lip's daughter? I mean does it say in teh game, or in the instruction manualor what?

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Supposedly. They're nearly identical.

The game hasn't been translated or anything, so I dunno if it's mentioned anywhere in the story or simply implied.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So I found out that Panel De Pon is on Wii U's VC in Japan only, released back in March 29 this year.

I kinda thought they were done with this series but seems like they don't mind reminding us that they don't. (But I still dunno what it means to the possible new audience introduced to the series)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So I found out that Panel De Pon is on Wii U's VC in Japan only, released back in March 29 this year.

I kinda thought they were done with this series but seems like they don't mind reminding us that they don't. (But I still dunno what it means to the possible new audience introduced to the series)
Well it was a pretty successful SNES game there, so it's not that surprising that would still want to cash in on that. I don't really think it means anything towards the future of the series. Most Nintendo games show up on the VC eventually.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Panel De Pon (or Puzzle League) as a series is quite as dormant as other Nintendo franchises like F-Zero. It had a DSiWare release in 2009. I can see an 3DS eshop game once the 3DS's base is big enough.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Posting this here because why not.

Wish I had a bit more time for art these days..

I don't even remember what the original context or reasoning for this picture was. The concept of a "badass" Lip is just funny to me.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I would love Lip. She's my most wanted Retro character definitely, but not my most wanted Newcomer. Professor Layton has that spot.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I don't even remember what the original context or reasoning for this picture was. The concept of a "badass" Lip is just funny to me.
Oh, I sure remember the context.

I guess you can say that Lip...

Had the last laugh!

[insert image of Lip standing with her arms crossed like a badass, while a fiery explosion occurs in the background with the captions "YEEEEEAAAAAHH"]

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Today is Panel De Pon's 18th anniversary. I was drawing a picture to celebrate it, but I was unable to finish it in time. Guess I'll post it later whenever I finish it.

Oh well. Happy Birthday, Panel De Pon! Let us celebrate with some cake.

To spark up some conversation, ideally, how much representation of Panel De Pon would you want in SSB4? I would guess that most people reading this topic want Lip as a playable character, but is there anything else you'd want to see? Any specific songs? Trophies/Assist Trophy? Maybe even a stage of some sort? I'm curious.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Woah, I completely forgot about today, really! Well who knows, I'll just pull out this video I made long time ago.

I don't know what to ask from the PdP-representation, other than songs getting remixed. I'd love to see rendition of the Flame World/Flare:

On the stage, I think something of a scrolling-style which goes through each of the Fairies' stages until settling on Death Mountain (hahah) where the Phoenix and Dragon await. Then Cordelia would come out and grumble the mountain down until the fighters fall on the first stage again (Lip's)

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Very nice, Horsetail! That stage idea sounds pretty interesting, albeit pretty long. I guess Poke Floats was also a really long scrolling stage, though, so it'd be okay.

Flame World is definitely a nice choice for music, being the longest and most elaborate out of the stage themes in the game. I'd love to hear a rendition of it, perhaps in a mashup of its Critical Theme.

Panel De Pon really has a lot of unique and colorful locations that would look great as playable stages, although gimmicks, if any, would probably have to be conceived from scratch.

When looking through the concept art of Panel De Pon earlier (really neat stuff), I came across these images and thought, "This place would make a nice, cute stage." Those big flowers and mushrooms could probably be used as platforms, and that acorn swing thing could probably be knocked back and forth as a stage hazard. The Lily Palace in the background also makes for nice scenery.

Just my wandering thoughts.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I really dig these. It'd be like a little girl's lovely playground turning into a battlefield. Maybe an occassional heavy rainpour falls on the stage as time goes on? What if it'd also emphasize on the flowers sprouting after that rainfall? It'd be nice to watch.

What if it also had the gimmick from Green Greens where the panels fall from the sky time to time and then would have a chance to connect if matching in 3? They could be hit much like the Star Blocks from GG. Dunno what'd happen if they'd connect, but it'd be interesting to see different reactions.

It'd be a cute playground stage to me though.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Perhaps the panels could drop healing items after they are cleared. Perhaps a different item depending on the type of panel it is.

I really like the idea of rainfall and the flowers changing shape throughout the battle, but it sounds a bit like Distant Planet in Brawl. I like these concepts more than Distant Planet, though.

A person can dream...!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wrote this for Project M, but I think the Lip fans here will appreciate it:

Why one of Project M's spots should be an encore of Marth & Roy:

As you know, one of my all time favorite characters in Smash Bros. in Roy. I am probably the foremost supporter on Roy's return in Smash 4, and I uncovered a number of things that helped people re-evaluate his prospects for return (that he was intended for Brawl, that he is among the most highly requested characters for Smash 4 in Japan, that FE6 is among the most games in the FE series in Japan).

Roy was the character that made me interested enough in FE, to actually try out a game. I eventually ended up becoming a big fan to the series, where I imported most of the Japan-only titles in the series (FE5 and FE6 are my two favorite games in the series).

However, just like everyone else, I had not known Roy from any previous games I had played. Sakurai took a profound risk on Roy, and it paid off. Contrary to popular belief, Roy was not an advertisement for FE6 suggested by Intelligent Systems, but rather the idea to include Roy had come from Sakurai himself (who is a very big fan of the Fire Emblem series). Sakurai said on the Japanese Dojo Melee site that although people had yet to play the game Roy was from, he had a feeling he would become a fan favorite because many people would love him for his "charm".

Marth and Roy drew lots of people to the Fire Emblem series for the first time as well.

(More backstory on Roy's Melee inclusion: Marth was selected to represent the Fire Emblem series despite not having made an appearance in the Fire Emblem series since early 1994 and FE4/FE5 being far more contemporary, due to the fact that Marth was far, far more requested than any other FE characters. Sakurai's original intention for the Melee roster was for it to have only 20 playable characters.

However, towards the end of Melee's development, Sakurai felt Melee's roster was too small, and decided that he had enough time to add in either one more non-clone newcomer (likely to have been King Dedede) or six more clone newcomers. Sakurai felt that people would be happier with the six clone newcomers, and went with that option. When Sakurai had decided to make a second Fire Emblem character one of the six newcomer spots, he went to Intelligent Systems for permission to use an additional character (as well as request art, notes, and materials to facilitate development on the character). While at Intelligent Systems, Sakurai was given a a sneak peak at FE6 which was in development at the time. Sakurai became intrigued with the main protagonist of that game, Roy, and felt that he would be the best choice for a second FE character. He particularly felt that the fire properties to Roy's sword would help distinguish him from other possible clone choices for a FE newcomer, and that Roy's inclusion could not only bring interest to FE6 but the entire series as a whole (Sakurai was definitely right on this).

The rest was history.

The reason why I bring up Marth/Roy in relation to Sami is that Marth/Roy are perhaps the only two surprise characters (Marth on the Western surprise of things) that ended up being extremely popular despite no one asking for them. It shows that if a character design is appealing enough, and even if the character is a clone (as was the case with Roy), people will still gravitate toward the character.

Another element to Marth/Roy is that they represented an entirely new franchise to Smash Bros. from which a large portion to the Smash Bros. fanbase was unfamiliar with, yet incredibly important to Nintendo and has a very long-running history.

From there I tried to think of characters from very long-running Nintendo franchises (at least a decade old, and at least five installments available to them) and came up with two choices:
1. A character from Advance Wars.
2. Lip from Panel de Pon (known as Tetris Attack/Puzzle League outside Japan).

Both choices I felt were worthy successors to the ideal set by Sakurai with the inclusion of Marth/Roy.

Before I go to explain Advance Wars, I will talk about Lip.

Lip is basically the main hero to Panel de Pon, which was the first installment to Nintendo's Panel de Pon/Puzzle League series. Despite being only in one installment to the series (though a Lip lookalike named Furil was the main protagonist of Panel de Pon 2 in Nintendo Puzzle Collection), Lip is basically seen as the "face" to the Panel de Pon/Puzzle League series, and still to this day has a small cult following to be in Smash Bros. Lip has yet to make a formal appearance outside Japan (the closest thing she got was a sticker appearance in Brawl).

In regards to the credentials of the Panel de Pon/Puzzle League series, they are quite impressive. There has been an installment to this series released on every Nintendo console since its Super Nintendo debut back in 1995, with the exception of the Wii. Even Sakurai thinks highly of Panel de Pon, calling the the game "a masterpiece" and that recommends that "everyone should give it a chance".

Within Smash Bros., Panel de Pon historically receives a bit of content. In Melee, Lip's flower baton, Lip's Stick, was featured as a bludgeoning item, a trophy of said item, and Kirby being able to transform into one of Lip's junk blocks (its the pink block with a face on it). In Brawl, the Panel de Pon cameo and references from Melee reprised their roles (Lip's Stick, Lip's Stick trophy, and Kirby's transformation). In addition, there was also five stickers from Panel de Pon (Flower Fairy Lip, Panel, Jewel Fairy Ruby, Moon Fairy Seren, and Water Fairy Elias), and a remix of Lip's Theme featured as one of the songs.

Lip also has a plethora of potential as a prospective fighter. as seen by the movesets listed in this link's opening post:
http://www.smashboards.com/threads/...-in-melees-development-theories-added.324269/

However, despite all this in favor of Lip as being Project M's Marth/Roy (her series is even developed by Intelligent Systems). There are a few reasons why I felt an Advance Wars character would be a superior choice.

For one, I think for quite a few people, it would uncomfortable to have a loli-like character in Smash Bros. Even myself I have misgivings about the design to the character due to her relatively short skirt, and one thing I don't want to see in Smash Bros. are loli panties. :laugh:

Secondly, unlike an Advance Wars character, she would have to be a character designed from the ground up, and could not be a clone from any other character on the roster.

Third, like Advance Wars character, no decent 3D model exists for her. However, if the team is really interested in pursuing Lip, and needs a model to go off of, there does exist a very rare figurine for Lip:

But as can be seen by the figurine, Lip's skirt is very problematic, and would turn away a good deal of players (though that may be mitigated by giving her biker shorts underneath her skirt.)

Next let me explain the worth of the Advance Wars franchise.

Here are some excerpts from a piece I wrote explaining the worth to a possible Advance Wars character to fellow Smash Bros. fans:

However, in terms of long-running Nintendo franchises, perhaps the one example that is most striking, and much more likely than Golden Sun to be ignored in Smash 4, is that that of the Wars franchise (Famicom/Advance Wars). This series only received an Assist Trophy (which basically consisted of three sprite rips from GBA games), a trophy of that Assist Trophy, and six stickers (Andy, Sami, Max, Jake, Rachel, and Hawke).

The dismal popularity to the franchise in Japan, as well as the very low amount of requests in the West, basically ensures that the series won’t be receiving a playable character in Smash 4 at the very least (it may even lose its Assist Trophy representation).

However, the Wars franchise is a series that is very much deserving of playable representation in Smash Bros. Aside from Punch-Out, it’s the longest running Nintendo franchise with at least five installments under its belt, that has not been given a playable character yet in Smash Bros.

A little history and background about the Wars franchise.

The Wars franchise is often either referred to as the Famicom Wars or Advance Wars franchise. Depending on who you ask, the series have a minimum of seven installments to a maximum of twelve installments. There are seven games in the series developed by Intelligent Systems (Famicom Wars, Game Boy Wars, Super Famicom Wars, Advance Wars, Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict). For the remaining five games, three of the games were developed and published by Hudson (a third-party), which were Game Boy Wars Turbo, Game Boy Wars 2, and Game Boy Wars 3. The remaining two games were real time strategy games developed by Kuju Entertainment (Battalion Wars and Battalion Wars 2).

Still, even strictly looking at the games developed in the series by Intelligent Systems (seven in all), the series is clearly deserving of a playable character.

Famicom Wars was the predecessor to Fire Emblem, being released by Intelligent Systems about two years before the first game in that series was released. While the Famicom Wars games (Famicom Wars, Game Boy Wars, and Super Famicom Wars) never reached the highs that the Fire Emblem series did in Japan in terms of popularity and sales, it did see a large fan following upon its first international release.

The first international release for the franchise was Advance Wars, released in September 10, 2001. The first international release was met with enormous praise and accolades. The game consequentially sold very well. In addition to the popularity of Marth and Roy in Melee, another huge factor for Fire Emblem going international was the sales success and praise of Advance Wars, according to one of the designers of the game.

As with the original Advance Wars, the sequel was also met with sales success and accolades in the West. This case was repeated with Dual Strike and Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict.

The case though with Japan was different. Although Advance Wars was originally planned for an October 2001 release, it was delayed in Japan due to the September 11th terrorist attacks, and the second installment as well was never released. It was not until November 25th 2004 that those games were released in Japan as part of a duo pack cartridge, however, it ended up selling poorly due to how close it was released to the Nintendo DS’s launch in Japan. Dual Strike also ended up selling poorly in Japan. The poor sales of the previous three titles developed by Intelligent Systems, may have been the primary reason why Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict was never released in Japan despite being made by a Japanese developer and already having a Japanese translation available for the game.

With three games released in the interim between Melee and Brawl (just going by Intelligent System’s mainline series), and Advance Wars released only two months prior to Melee, many people felt it was unfair that the series was basically ignored in terms of content in Brawl.

Basically, only two choices come up in regards to a possible playable Advance Wars character: Andy and Sami. And between the two, Sami easily seems like much more of a fighter than Andy. Just look at her official artwork:

Like Marth/Roy, on the whole she is an appealing character in terms of aesthetics. She also very plausibly could be a Melee-style clone of Snake.

The only potential downside to Sami is that she is not as important as Andy is in the first Advance Wars (though she a more important co-starring role in Black Hole Rising).

Advance Wars being the sister series to Fire Emblem also makes sense to have Sami be the Roy of Project M.

However, although I don't recommend her over Sami, Lip would also be a good choice for a "successor to Marth/Roy" and unlike Sami, is unquestionably the "Marth" of her franchise. Lip also has a much more established fanbase and cult following than Sami does, and has had much more extensive referencing in Smash Bros. (though she is still very unlikely for Smash 4).

However, I think the ideas laid down here might be some decent food for thought (or at least I would hope so) for the Project M team. This was an extraordinarily long read, but I do think it would be a good idea for at least one of the slots to be a more unconventional but very appealing (yet non-polarizing) character addition in the tradition of the FE duo from Melee.

So between these two successors of Marth/Roy, which would you like to see more:
Lip or Sami?

Personally, I would go with Sami, but Lip is still a good choice (though much more difficult).

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Thank you, Chrono. That was a very nice and detailed read. Although I obviously prefer Lip over an Advance Wars rep, I do think Advance Wars also deserves some proper representation in Smash Bros. I'd love to have them both.

I do have a few comments I would like to make on this post, though.
The reason why I bring up Marth/Roy in relation to Sami is that Marth/Roy are perhaps the only two surprise characters (Marth on the Western surprise of things) that ended up being extremely popular despite no one asking for them. It shows that if a character design is appealing enough, and even if the character is a clone (as was the case with Roy), people will still gravitate toward the character.

Another element to Marth/Roy is that they represented an entirely new franchise to Smash Bros. from which a large portion to the Smash Bros. fanbase was unfamiliar with, yet incredibly important to Nintendo and has a very long-running history.
I talked about this idea in one of the forum games (either rate their chances or sakurai's pillars, don't remember). Although Lip is fairly unknown in the west, she is pretty much adored by everyone who is familiar with her and her series. I am confident that if Lip were to be added to Smash Bros, she would end up being accepted and appreciated easily. It may even encourage IS to do another entry in the Panel De Pon series, which has been on hiatus lately.

For one, I think for quite a few people, it would uncomfortable to have a loli-like character in Smash Bros. Even myself I have misgivings about the design to the character due to her relatively short skirt, and one thing I don't want to see in Smash Bros. are loli panties. :laugh:

But as can be seen by the figurine, Lip's skirt is very problematic, and would turn away a good deal of players (though that may be mitigated by giving her biker shorts underneath her skirt.)
Firstly, I just want to say that the length of Lip's skirt tends to be pretty inconsistent. It's pretty short here, but it has been shown to be a bit longer than that at times (that or her legs are just changing size). Her daughter, Furil, actually had a shorter skirt in the GCN version of the game.

Either way, secondly, this issue was addressed in the first post of the topic. Basically it can be easily avoided by giving her bloomers, shorts, etc.
It would be entirely possible and plausible for her to get some sort of redesign like Pit if she were to get in to the game. I don't really see this as being a big obstacle for her.

Thanks again for the nice read.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I don't really see this as problematic at all, as she could easily be given bloomers or a dress. Even with that, I don't think players would be turned off by the character for that reason. I don't think that figurine really matters, nor does having a 3D model for a base. It's not like the figurine in question is the dress length in canon. So it's not really a problem.

Not to mention, much like Roy and Marth, I would expect a full Sakurai redesign upon her inclusion, similar to Pit's.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So here we've been talkin' about Lip and all, but haven't we supposedly gone past what could have worked as a potential reveal date? (27.10?).

In anycase, how would she even be revealed, if she'd be in this game?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well she could always potentially be set up as an unlockable character, I don't think Sakurai will reveal every single character by the game's release. (This probably doesn't include unlockable veterans if Toon Link and Luigi are anything to go by)

Or she could just be one of the few who might get revealed on a random date... :/

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

They still haven't released Panel de Pon or even Tetris Attack on Wii's Virtual Console in North America. I expect Nintendo to release Pokemon Puzzle League again for the Wii U's Virtual Console.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I support.
Lots of thought put into these movesets, and such devoted fans. I'd be honored to become one.
Now to learn a little more about Lip...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I find it very unfair Lip and Takamaru and a few other retros get all the attention while Prince Sable doesn't. ;-;

So here we've been talkin' about Lip and all, but haven't we supposedly gone past what could have worked as a potential reveal date? (27.10?).

Perhaps she could be revealed in Spring, with the fitting theme of flowers.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921

Personally, I'd prefer Lip it be an unmentioned secret character that you just have to unlock.

However, if she were to be revealed as a newcomer with her own video and everything (which would be super cool), I just want to see her beating up or teaming up with Yoshi in some way.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Not to mention, much like Roy and Marth, I would expect a full Sakurai redesign upon her inclusion, similar to Pit's.
Unlike Pit, I don't think a redesign is heavily warranted. With Pit, the main reason why he got such a drastic redesign is because it was for the sake of fleshing him out more. Basically it was improvising because there wasn't a lot to work with, so to compensate they gave him more to work with in the form of the blade/bow hybrid and generally greater detail in his design to seem more appealing. Remember the whole "makes people want to play the game" thing.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Unlike Pit, I don't think a redesign is heavily warranted. With Pit, the main reason why he got such a drastic redesign is because it was for the sake of fleshing him out more. Basically it was improvising because there wasn't a lot to work with, so to compensate they gave him more to work with in the form of the blade/bow hybrid and generally greater detail in his design to seem more appealing. Remember the whole "makes people want to play the game" thing.
I personally don't think he design has aged very well, similar to Pit and Marth's FE3 design. The redesign could be made to give lip more to work with as well. Improvement's made to Lip's stick, akin to Palutena's bow. I think Lip's design can be changed to make her more appealing. I think Panel de Pon's look, while overall appealing to someone like me, is part of the reason it made it to the US as Tetris Attack with Yoshi instead as the lead protagonist. Lip could be redesigned to make people want to play the game as well.

I don't think Lip will look exactly like her SNES self, that's for sure. I think they might even redesign in part to take advantage of HD a bit. Not in hyper detailed way, but she can have a more complex design, which wasn't possible on the SNES.

Teaming up with Yoshi would be great. I think she would work best as a secret character.

Edit: I would have Yoshi pick up Lip's stick while fighting Bowser, and then look like he's going to use it. But instead, he hands it to Lip, and they team up to defeat Bowser.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Don't see what could be made to the Lip's Stick. What, you want it to turn into a bazooka and shot everyone with pinks missiles of adorableness? Plus, you want her to appeal to a western audience? Alright, let's make her some sort of hot teenager with her huge breasts flapping everywhere and panty shots galore.

R_Trigger

Smash Cadet
*looks around with shifty eyes*
(whispers): I just wanna say that I've silently supported Lip for quite some time and would like to see her playable.

Morbi

Scavenger
Don't see what could be made to the Lip's Stick. What, you want it to turn into a bazooka and shot everyone with pinks missiles of adorableness? Plus, you want her to appeal to a western audience? Alright, let's make her some sort of hot teenager with her huge breasts flapping everywhere and panty shots galore.
Isn't that more for the Eastern Audience? Here in Murica we value independent women!
Your idea is better.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
That doesn't even define her character well.

Edit: Do you think it's possible we can have Lip's Stick as an item and have Lip playable also?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well we can apparently have the Screw Attack as an item and as an attack for Samus, or the Banana peel as an item and as a move for Diddy Kong so.....

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
That doesn't even define her character well.
But we must defy all conventions in order to appeal to the adrenaline fueled manly men of manliness, otherwise everyone dies!

Though in context seeing Lip so gleeful over a bazooka would be kind of hilarious.

King Orfut

Smash Cadet
If Lip indeed comes back, they shouldn't redesign her like Pit. In all honesty, Pit needed the redesign as his original look was SUPER bland... Lip's look is unique enough to carry over into this game...

Top Bottom