• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puzzle League/Panel De Pon General (Former SSB4 Lip Support Thread)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Since the OP has exceeded the character limit, the only way out is for you to use Lord Vaati's post and move some of the content there.

If you wish, I'll transfer the ownership of lordvaati's post to you.
Sounds fine for me, thanks! I think I'll put in the moveset list there.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa - Maybe should have addressed it but the problem still persists: Can't move stuff from the OP post to the other one. Anyway ya could do it? Maybe move the moveset list, if that works.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I know this is just pie in the sky dreaming with no basis in reality (what with so-called "leaks" being a dime a dozen nowadays) but I'm really hoping that "Ms. Tetris" rumor just got the dates wrong. Really, there's only one Nintendo character she could possibly be.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Omg I want lip playable! Sakurai has been secretly adding more lip stuff in each smash. Maybe she will finally be playable? Please I hope so!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Since the OP has exceeded the character limit, the only way out is for you to use Lord Vaati's post and move some of the content there.

If you wish, I'll transfer the ownership of lordvaati's post to you.
.....I'm a Surrogate topic creator O_o?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I keep getting a cloudflare error when I try to edit the OP. Oh well, informed the higher ups. It should be fixed soon.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
@ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~
Turn off the Rich Text Editor in the your preferences.

It will make editing the OP a bit cumbersome, but it'll work.
Alrighty, it works now! Thanks a lot Falkoopa!

EDIT: Added the supporter list now to the OP + updated with most recent members.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Elite Gaymer isn't on that list yet, heads-up.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
So we've got a Captain Rainbow Little Mac trophy. There was someone else who was in that game too... you know who I'm talking about. Cute girl with a ribbon in her hair. Crazy Tracy, I think her name was.

...but seriously, even if this isn't Sakurai hinting at anything, it'll at least get more people to check out Captain Rainbow and hopefully get 'em interested in Lippy.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yeah, this update makes me more hopeful. Sakurai did give Lip a glance at least. At the very least, Lip will likely a get a trophy.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Yeah, I can definitely see Lip being a trophy now (although honestly I was expecting her to be one in this game regardless). Perhaps an assist, as it wouldn't be too hard to figure out what she'd do.

Still pushing for her to be playable, though. The only character I really, really want.

LipFlare

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone!

Capt'n Rainbow get a trophy reference! Now I think Lip has now an even better chance to find her way into the game.
But I think that apply on every character from Capt'n Rainbow especially for *caugh* Takamaru I treat him now as a fitting challenger (or even rival[?]) to Lip honestly.

Why to Flare's Flame World* is every miiverse post that I thinking about so double edged! That annoying ( -.-' ) Nintendogs cube...

But after all I think it's a good sign for Lip as a fighter or *gulp* a AT and her francise to be announced in the first line.

with best regards

LipFlare

* (Sry I can't resist to disarm harsh words by that)

lightdasher

Smash Lord
I hope it leads to a playable role as opposed to just trophy or just assist trophy, but I guess if she got in as one of those it'd be better than nothing eh?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Today's update seems to give Lip a chance to be actually shown in her true glory - at least as a trophy for now. Let's see how this adds up in the future - I'll refrain from quick optimism hype now to wait for the time we'll see sure-firedly Lip taking a bigger step forward than just becoming a trophy (or even not, if Sakurai only noted Captain Rainbow by it's appearances in Smash 4 trophy-wise)

Watch Sakurai troll the hell out of us and make her an assist trophy. Just. Freaking. Watch.
It would be million times than just Lip being faceless again so much that even her magic wand is more recognized than she is.

Saddens to see people still treat Assists as mere "trolling death sentences" . I used to too, but I then realized I shouldn't even deserve any characters I wanted to see to be even noted ingame by Sakurai. He isn't capable of implementing everything we wish, and shouldn't.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Still, I'd rather have playable compared to just an assist.
We all do here, don't we? However, how Sakurai chooses to include Lip is up to him completely - and we got to still realize what kind of controversial-like character Lip's been all these years. The most important thing here we can wish as her fans is that she'd get more awareness and shown in her full glory, just because of her history alone.

At least I do. Playable would be a dream fulfilment, but Assist Trophy might be more realistic version of that due it driving the same point in, but with less resources and consideration to put in for Sakurai, incase he found characters he deemed more fitting to be included in the game or found interesting.

Yes, even Wii Fit Trainer.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
We all do here, don't we? However, how Sakurai chooses to include Lip is up to him completely - and we got to still realize what kind of controversial-like character Lip's been all these years. The most important thing here we can wish as her fans is that she'd get more awareness and shown in her full glory, just because of her history alone.

At least I do. Playable would be a dream fulfilment, but Assist Trophy might be more realistic version of that due it driving the same point in, but with less resources and consideration to put in for Sakurai, incase he found characters he deemed more fitting to be included in the game or found interesting.
Yes, even Wii Fit Trainer.
That's exactly the thing though - I wish he would listen to fans a little more, yes he gave us Mac, but characters like Toad and Lip have been waiting WAY too long for their spotlight and have a good amount of popularity. Ridley, King K. Rool, the list goes on and on.

And then he goes and adds a character NO one expected or even wanted - WFT. At least Villager had a decent fanbase, whereas WFT - shoud be more like WTF??

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Hey, to be fair, WFT did turn out to be awesome.

Now as for Lip, I can definitely see her as an AT this time around, boosting her recognition.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
That's exactly the thing though - I wish he would listen to fans a little more, yes he gave us Mac, but characters like Toad and Lip have been waiting WAY too long for their spotlight and have a good amount of popularity. Ridley, King K. Rool, the list goes on and on.

And then he goes and adds a character NO one expected or even wanted - WFT. At least Villager had a decent fanbase, whereas WFT - shoud be more like WTF??
Which is why it's difficult to manage the newcomers at the first place. Even after Ridley, K.Rool and Toad, we still don't have only Lip, but likes of Isaac, Takamaru, Shulk, the disconfirmed Assist Trophies, etc...

At the end, Sakurai's not making a NintendoBall Z Budokai Tenkaichi 4 here. This game's going towards balance while making each character feel unique at the same time. So far every inclusion seems to look very well-balanced and appear very distinct from each other. To cram in all the wanted newcomers would just be pandering to the (sometimes quite niche) fanbase, even if they might not lend well on adding something new to the game and standing out from other fighters. We'd also really be scraping bottom of the barrel when the next installment comes around.

Sometimes also it might be that Sakurai does deem these characters not "fighter"-material or not that kind of material he wants to put in the game because they hold the potential he or his team seeks. Toad might be still be a meatshield because he's nothing more to Sakurai's eyes than mostly a supporting, cowardly fellow to Mario-characters. Lip might still be bit obscure to be shown fully around as a playable too, or even less. The reasons can be numerous.

In the end, to complain about why some character didn't make it won't change anything and usually, we might have something much more sensible or better in it's place. I have to yet find a character that I think should have deserved to be in no matter what Sakurai's apparent reasoning is for not including them. (Even Toad, who I think wouldn't have made as much impact and tribute to the phenomenal Super Mario Galaxy as Rosalina could.)

On Miss Fit, Wii Fit sold more than any C-list franchises combined still. Wii Fit Trainer was an odd inclusion, of course, but to be honest, that's her character. It's like a joke that was so well set-up, everybody would get something to feel. Amusement, anger, you know it. And it also told us that Sakurai still calls the shots on what he wants to include on this game, even if it might make most of the fanbase angry. Look also how he warmed them up with Miss Fit's moveset (and female appeal, apparently).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Wait what are you two arguing about? You want Lip playable or you don't?
I do. I don't meant to put people down here, just stay realistic and perhaps less demanding when it comes to character with glass-cannony chances to be in Smash. To me anyway, I'd be content with an Assist Trophy of Lip if it's best we can get.

Back on-topic though, if Lip and Takamaru made both in, I'd call them along with Mac "The Rainbow Trio."

Last edited:

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
After visiting this thread, the idea of a playable Lip started to grow on me. Now I really want her in the game (even though I never played a single Panel de Pon game).

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You know, the Captain Rainbow reference today got me to thinking...

There's that Yoshi game this month that everyone thinks Yoshi will be revealed for.

Then there's some Pokemon Trozei game this month too.

Yoshi, Pokemon, Captain Rainbow. Imagine Lip getting revealed this month once we have Yoshi there for the trailer. Glorious.

Just needs Takamaru.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You know, the Captain Rainbow reference today got me to thinking...

There's that Yoshi game this month that everyone thinks Yoshi will be revealed for.

Then there's some Pokemon Trozei game this month too.

Yoshi, Pokemon, Captain Rainbow. Imagine Lip getting revealed this month once we have Yoshi there for the trailer. Glorious.

Just needs Takamaru.
We need to just wait for the newcomer cue from Sakurai. I'd expect Palutena but Lip would really be out of nowherez.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm neutral on Lip as a Smash character but I like her design. I have childhood memories playing Tetris Attack and Pokemon Puzzle League. I wouldn't mind her getting in. Hopefully, for Young Horsetail's sake, that Sakurai acknowledging Captain Rainbow is a good sign for Lip.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

We need to just wait for the newcomer cue from Sakurai. I'd expect Palutena but Lip would really be out of nowherez.
Global Directs are the only chances we have when it comes to newcomer reveals realistically. I just can't see Sakurai revealing a newcomer on a non-global ND.

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
I've always have been a bit shy to post in here, being I don't have much of a point to bring to the table, but Lip is definitely my number one most wanted character, and has been for awhile now.
The Panel de Pon games have been my favorite puzzle games for the longest time, and it just seems like a real shame that Lip's Wand seems to be more known in the West than the character in question. She seriously deserves some more love!
It's also pretty cool that back on Miiverse, I felt like I was the only person who was supporting her to be in the game, up until I came across some more dedicated forums to the games.
So uh, I'll be one of those supporter thingy people, if that's alright with you guys. C:

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Ah, haven't stopped by and said I support her yet. I always got her confused with another Japanese-only character, so for the longest time I didn't have much interest in her, she just didn't seem appealing. Then I saw a moveset for her and realized I was mixing up characters for the longest time. She seems like someone I would play as if she was in Smash, that's for sure. I don't think her odds are that great, but she seems interesting at least.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Dropping in to tell you guys that I'm rooting for the entire trio (Little Mac, Takamaru, and Lip) to get in, even if I primarily support Takamaru.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
When I first started speculation on who would be in smash 4 I thought that Lip wasn't a very good idea. But now after I've done more research on her and red the movesets in the op I think that she would be a very good addition to the smash 4 roster.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
It's also pretty cool that back on Miiverse, I felt like I was the only person who was supporting her to be in the game, up until I came across some more dedicated forums to the games.
You haven't seen my Miiverse posts then! My first was some "Lip for Smash 4" artwork, and Lippy's been in most of the other drawings I've made for the Smash Bros. community.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
An interesting take on that idea.

Would the garbage blocks act as a shield of sorts? This might be a good way for Lip to control space during the battle.

Top Bottom