• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puzzle League/Panel De Pon General (Former SSB4 Lip Support Thread)

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
Add me to the supporters as well, please. I really want to see Lip in Smash.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Aw man, We need a Fast moving magic user, I'll support Lip for sure!

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
well now that Mac's announced Lip is my next most wanted (that has a chance of happening anyway).

another nintendogs stage pic was shown today with that possible panel de pon block...

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
well now that Mac's announced Lip is my next most wanted (that has a chance of happening anyway).

another nintendogs stage pic was shown today with that possible panel de pon block...
I've wondered, why is there an ace of spades on the block? That was never in panel de pon. Are we sure it's not just a dog toy from Nintendogs?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It might just be (most probably) a regular toy block thing the staff made. The heart on the red side is likely a mere coincidence we're taking up as a reference now.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well, if the block isn't a reference, does that make Lip more likely? Sakurai wouldn't have to throw in new references if she were playable, after all...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Nah, it's Sakurai, he's going to put tons of Nintendo references in the game. I don't think it affects anything unless someone like Windy or Prince Richard gets confirmed as an AT.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The more I listen to Lip's theme and play Panel de Pon, the more I want her in the game. :3 Anyway, I just read a comment on YouTube, some person saying they would have to change Lip's clothes because she is showing her pants in her original outfit (?) and he (the poster) doesn't want pedos to play Super Smash Bros. :laugh: Never change, YouTube.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I really don't know what to say about Lip anymore.

It seems like a lot of people have just given up on Lip being playable.

This is sad considering she is my most wanted out of all of my wish list.

Though, I do hope everyone continues to support and spread the idea of Lip being playable.

At the very least, popularity can guarantee her for future installments and we better start making it grow now anyway.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Don't be entirely downed here - Lip's support isn't just superly vocal and in general she's not what everybody consider a likely priority newcomer. Of course this makes her more valued to be seen in Smash, but we gotta be careful to not to blow over on her chances and appeal as a playable.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Young Horsetail is right, It's kinda for the best that Lip's support isn't so overly vocal and is in a nice blend of well wanted but not to an obnoxious extend to the point everyone starts fully expecting her into the game. Else she'd suffer the same fate as other characters such as Krystal, Geno and Ridley etc which ended up getting quite a bunch detractors on their hands due to expectations being blown over only to not deliver in the end.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Oh there are detractors, I've glanced over Lip support threads in other places, and the insults and bashing aren't pretty. Though it's mostly a bunch of dude-bros who are afraid of cute things. The most we can really do is wait and hope, since the roster has been finalized for a while now, it all depends on Sakurai's choice.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I fail to understand how a character's support not being "overly" vocal is a good thing. The way I see, the more vocal people are about a desired character, the better. It is true that the more vocal a character's support is, the more **** they will get (from haters) if said character isn't in Smash, but that is irrelevant, at least to me.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I wasn't trying to imply to be obnoxious about it.

I'm just saying popularity does go a long way.

Just look at Little Mac. Was an assist trophy, and now a playable character.

Oh there are detractors, I've glanced over Lip support threads in other places, and the insults and bashing aren't pretty. Though it's mostly a bunch of dude-bros who are afraid of cute things. The most we can really do is wait and hope, since the roster has been finalized for a while now, it all depends on Sakurai's choice.
I especially hate the comments about her being a lolli. It's of course upsetting enough that people think that lollis are bad...

Also, I knew the roster was finalized, I'm just saying before the next roster is finalized.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well yeah, those are dude-bro's for you. I've never really had anything against cute things. True, I do hope he finally decides to have her playable in the game this time.

I fail to understand how a character's support not being "overly" vocal is a good thing. The way I see, the more vocal people are about a desired character, the better. It is true that the more vocal a character's support is, the more **** they will get (from haters) if said character isn't in Smash, but that is irrelevant, at least to me.
I meant don't take it to an extend where everyone starts "expecting" the character. During the Brawl days, the support for Krystal, Midna, Geno and Ridley in particularly was taken to an extend where they were practically treated as "shoo-ins" and fans started attacking anyone who more or less disagreed with them. So when it backfired on them when the final roster was revealed. They were more or less ridiculed with many detractors growing by being against these character's inclusions. Hence why these supporters often have a hard time these days with many people coming around being overly against these characters.

So kinda what I'm trying to say is. Try to keep the hype in check. I doubt that Lip would wind up the same way as what happened to those characters though anyway. Because the fans of those characters kinda took the hype a little too far and everyone has wisened up since then.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
By this point in time, we all should've understood that anything cute that enters the roster ends up being a world destroying war machine.

Kirby, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, the Ice Climbers, Olimar and the Pikmins, possibly the Villager, etc. And now Lip, possibly equipped with a wand seen to be used to seed a plant on foes head to do continuous damage. :p

Last edited:

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
I have absolutely no expectation of Lip being playable. However, the "GaeozHero" leak is still live, unlike most of the leaks involving Diddy saying he'd be shown on the 13th, as GaeozHero said he'd just be shown this month. I suppose the very remote possibility of "Ms Tetris" being shown this month and actually being Lip still exists. We'll know in ten days whether this is anything to even bother to give a little hope towards.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I have absolutely no expectation of Lip being playable. However, the "GaeozHero" leak is still live, unlike most of the leaks involving Diddy saying he'd be shown on the 13th, as GaeozHero said he'd just be shown this month. I suppose the very remote possibility of "Ms Tetris" being shown this month and actually being Lip still exists. We'll know in ten days whether this is anything to even bother to give a little hope towards.

Err, as I much as I was just kinda complaining about how people were being downers here, I hate to disappoint you, but text leaks aren't that reliable, especially this early. :/

There's really no hope in these kind of leaks, it's best to ignore it for now.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I've never heard of that leak, but I highly doubt we would get three characters in one month, two of them being newcomers.

LipFlare

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone!

Hype-Status: Still hoping that she will be in the final game. Checked!
Rumor-Status: Ignored; hence not official! Checked!
Scanmode: Off

Lip needs* to be in the game because this forum topic exist for that reason and she have also supporter ,which hope that she make the jump off her rainbow from the outer space right in the roster (her planet is undiscovered by Rosalina's comet observatory [just some Smb x PdP thoughts]).
-Yes I am calming down-
A roster-presence whould be the 1st price. I would appreciate it^^.
A asist trophy-presence whould be the 2nd price. I would be happy if that step is skipped by a roster place ,although that will be a advance in her presentation. You see I am incorrigible on hopes for a roster place for Lip!

And ...yes I was really disappointed that the picture-of-the-day with the Nintendogs-cube showed that the light blue side of the cube showed no triangle. And the orange side is self-explanatory in terms of a possible Panel de Pon reference. 2/6 sides trashed my theory.

A good morning to everyone of you

LipFlare

P.S. RaccoonBL I like your signature!
P.S.S. I also thought of the fairies from Mario 3D World ,if they would be replaced with Lip & her friends ,but that would alter the worlds to the theme of the Panel de Pon fairies.
P.S.S.S. Sorry if there is something wrong with the grammar.

*Please don't take that demanding tone to serious.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
P.S. RaccoonBL I like your signature!
Well, thank you. I designed it myself, (apart from the official artwork that is). Fairies are some of my favorite things in video games. Been meaning to add Airy from Bravely Default, but I want to beat the game first before trying to find transparent images of her as to avoid spoilers. Maybe Ribbon as well.

Lip being a fairy is another huge reason I support her. Sure, Jigglypuff is a fairy now, (and I do love jigglypuff), but Lip better represents being a fairy then Jigglypuff.

P.S.S. I also thought of the fairies from Mario 3D World ,if they would be replaced with Lip & her friends ,but that would alter the worlds to the theme of the Panel de Pon fairies.
Well I don't know about that. I do love the introduction of sprixies and hope they get the same treatment as Piantas and Lumas and start appearing in more games as background characters. <3

Last edited:

Popo Nana Power

Smash Apprentice
But Mac is 17... >.> I think Lip X Pit is much better. Age is closer, at least appearance-wise, and they're similar species (fairy and an angel).

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Can't believe Lip has those bobble ball things in her hair, from what I've read, those are torture on your hair.

Hong

The Strongest
Can't believe Lip has those bobble ball things in her hair, from what I've read, those are torture on your hair.
As a connoisseur of fancy hair accessories, I can verify that they can be 100% okay for your hair and scalp. Anything can be bad for your hair depending on the quality of the accessory, and how you put them on.

For instance, a lot of modern hair sticks have very blunt tips. If you try to ram them through a tight bun, it will cause a lot of damage to the hair and scalp. But if it's not too tight or if the hair is wrapped around it instead of shoving it through, they're perfectly fine.

It looks like Lip's hair is either very resilient or the balls are very light, since the curve is very gradual.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I agree on Lip & Sable. (-´2`-) (But hey, I like Mac & Lip having some friendly relationship, look at thos two~)

Please source your pics though: Pixiv has a strict policy on not reposting pics here without the artist's permission, and even then always source it back so the artists get's the credit. There's been many pics reposted without permission which has led the artists to delete them to prevent anymore worse art theft. (Check this article I did in Tumblr on this).

Rui has been one of these and I might even say it's partially my fault: I had once reposted one pic depicting Assist Trophies in a nifty manner without sourcing back, but I found out long ago it was deleted since.

So yeah - perhaps enough off-topic for here.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I agree on Lip & Sable. (-´2`-) (But hey, I like Mac & Lip having some friendly relationship, look at thos two~)

Please source your pics though: Pixiv has a strict policy on not reposting pics here without the artist's permission, and even then always source it back so the artists get's the credit. There's been many pics reposted without permission which has led the artists to delete them to prevent anymore worse art theft. (Check this article I did in Tumblr on this).

Rui has been one of these and I might even say it's partially my fault: I had once reposted one pic depicting Assist Trophies in a nifty manner without sourcing back, but I found out long ago it was deleted since.

So yeah - perhaps enough off-topic for here.
Yeah art theft is kinda one of the reasons why I've been uploading less of my work over the internet these days, unless it's a piece I don't really care too much about. Source the pics you upload elsewhere guys. And be sure to ask the original artists permission. ^^

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ooooh! ~

Is that Shipping I spot! :D

Well let's see here...

It's kind of hard to tell since there aren't many boys in her world.

I mean, there was that Kain(?) guy in the gamecube game. Though, I can't read japanese so I don't know how Lip's daughter felt about him.

Little mac is certainly interesting. I really doubt Little Mac would like Lip. Though, I could see Lip having a crush on Little Mac.

Prince Sable and Lip...No comment. Don't know anything about Prince Sable.

I personally think Lip and Kirby could actually work. I don't know, something about them both having that childhood innocents about them. Certainly would be cuteness in the making. Besides, Kirby isn't a stranger to being paired with fairies.

It's really interesting to think about how these characters would interact with one another, especially more friendly characters like Kirby.

Lip would probably be a character always looking for a new friend.

Kind of almost makes you miss cutscenes...

Also, makes me want her as a character even more to see what she does in her trailer.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I was sure the big Ship of Smash bros would've been Little Mac x Takamaru
Takamaru's not confirmed yet, there's still a chance tho

Also uh, Lip being super best friends with Lucas

Top Bottom