• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Purdue University - W. Lafayette, IN - Feb 28 - JAB 1 - Melee! Circuit Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurdueSmash

Smash Apprentice
The Dew Crew Presents The First Circuit Event for Midwest Melee:

Purdue University: Tarkington Hall West Activities Room
1165 West Stadium Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47906

Saturday, February 28th

Registration for doubles and singles* will open at 11am
Doubles will start promptly at 12:00pm**

*Singles Registration may also be done right after doubles ends
**NOTE: There is a very small chance the time may change

Entry Fee
Singles - $10
Doubles - $20 per team

Prizes are based on the pot created by the entry fee:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

PARKING
Free parking can be found across the street in the Aquatic Center Parking Lot adjacent to the Co-Rec.

HOUSING IS VERY LIMITED AND IS ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS
Please let us know by posting in this thread if you require housing either the night before and/or the night after the tournament.

LODGING
There is a University Plaza Hotel on campus which is fairly expensive from what I know. However, there is also a motel just 2 miles off campus which is supposedly a lot cheaper. If you plan to stay in either of those locations and would like more information, you may PM Kso4351, CunningKitsune, or BunBun

Melee Rules:

- Items: Off
- 4 stock, 8-minute timer
- Best out of 3, with finals best out of 5
-Advanced Slob Picks (after each game of a set):
1. Loser picks stage or can randomly select a stage
2. Winner picks character
3. Loser picks character​
-Double-blind picks may be called at any time.
-Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not pick the last stage where you won in the same set.
-Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.
-Stage Knock-outs: Each person knocks out one stage for the entire match (i.e., the entire best 2-out-of-3 or best 3-out-of-5). This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-Team Attack: On
-Life-Stealing: Allowed

- Legal Stages:
1. Singles random: Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story
2. Doubles random: Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi's Story
3. Singles Counterpick: All singles random stages, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, Brinstar, Mute City, Poké Floats, Kongo Jungle 64
4. Doubles Counterpick: All doubles random stages, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, Brinstar, Poké Floats, Kongo Jungle 64

Other Rules & Special Issues:
- Controller mods of any kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc.) are prohibited
- Stupid Fastliketree Rule: Throwing round-robin matches may be grounds for disqualification.
- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are prohibited.
- No stalling or otherwise preventing completion of a game or match
- Wobbling is BANNED

NOTE: Any attempt to cheat or otherwise hinder another player's ability to play will result in disqualification from this tournament and all further Purdue tournaments.

Please feel free to contact any of the tournament organizers (listed below) if you have any questions regarding any of the above information

Tournament Organizers
SWF Name: Kso4351
Cell #: 609-933-5907

SWF Name: CunningKitsune
Cell #: 708-373-0680

SWF Name: BunBun
Cell #: 901-496-5240

Local Purdue Smashers
SWF Name: 'Fro
Cell #: 317-603-4056

PurdueSmash

Smash Apprentice
Reserved for Attendance List

Attendance List
1. Kso4351 (Tournament Organizer)
2. CunningKitsune (Tournament Organizer)
3. BunBun (Assistant Tournament Organizer)
4. 'Fro
5. Tink
6. GooseFactor
7. Mr H
8. iamthemicrowave
9. Zjiin
10. Nightowl ~
11. DracoFox
12. Bigy
13. Sir Kibble
14. illboyzeus ~
15. aquteen ~
16. Anubis
17. Vro
18. Big D
19. Soap
20. Ajj
21. Quaz ~
22. Gates
23. Zfyr
24. Trail
25. Kels
26. Khepri
27. AC_Burrito
28. Ray Chun
29. Jekyll
30. [Jekyll's Friend 1]
31. [Jekyll's Friend 2]
32. Cosmo! ~
33. Big C ~
34. mslano
35. Kirkq
36. AC
37. [AC's Friend 1]
38. [AC's Friend 2]
39. [AC's Friend 3]
40. [AC's Friend 4]
41. Dekuschrub
42. Rance
43. Juke
44. Jiano
45. Souroush
46. Scotu
47. Recycle
48. Garbage
49. Tongji
50. eighteenspikes
51. SuperMatt
52. MisterMoo
53. Jay
54. KYAG
55. Poptab

~ = Maybe jerks

'Fro

Smash Lord
Put me in for confirmed attendance, sirs. Also, if anyone needs information, feel free to contact me as well. My cell number is 317-603-4056.

Also, the hotel on campus goes for around $90+ a night, and more than that for "Special Weekends" as they call them.

Tink

Smash Hero
def coming to this.....whos going to stop the champ *****s?

edit: you guys should defff charge a door fee and then put it twords like, alot of pop and chips for people....its a real big hit with people usaully, and anything left could go back into the pot or something....jus a thought o,0.

_kSo_

Smash Master

_kSo_

Smash Master
who decided jab 1 was on 2/14? i otta slap you

That might be a problem, but we'll see how many people john out of it because of Valentine's day.

No one actually "decided" on it. It is just the 3rd SSBO of the semester that is replaced with the "JAB" tournament. 6 weeks into this semester, the date just happens to be Feb 14th...0_o

You should all bring your gf's to the smash tourney. I did that once LOLLLLL. yea, that was terrible...

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
Lulz at jab being on valentine's day. Oh well, I don't have any plans :(... and I don't see that changing. I'll be too busy practicing to meet girls.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Let's not turn this into "We're losers without girlfriends" talk, shall we?

Also, soda not pop.

Also, this will be two days before I turn 21.

goosefactor

Smash Lord

I did that once LOLLLLL. yea, that was terrible...
Heh, Maus and Craig will beg to differ. :p

Also, this will be two days before I turn 21.
Dude, we'll have to do something for you then. I was never (and probably never will be) into the bar thing, but we'll think of something, don't you worry. Heh, I can already see this turning into a weekend to remember.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I was just about to post that i'm def leeching onto Tink and attending this one, but the date is a bit iffy. I've got obligations Valentine's weekend, unless things go badly and then i'll have no problem attending lol.

Mr H

Smash Ace
DELIBERATE DOUBLE POST

You should definitely chaneg teh date because i want to attend all of these.
i agree u should change this to the weekend after or something to increase the attendance, so many people are going to john out

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Really? You'd be the last person I thought would be able to make it on this day. Heh, better be thinking of good excuses to plead your case to her.

Sir_Kibble

Smash Cadet
You people are lucky I got enough money for christmas that I'm willing to just throw it at you to play. :9

Count me in for this. Mebbe this time, I'll even win a match!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom