• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Fin

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Gotta say seeing Madoka die in every time loop (save for one) was really kinda sad. It gave me a greater appreciation of her rather than "she's so ****ing useless!" like I initially got from loop 5 Madoka.

I kinda feel bad for Kyouko and everything went as expected in terms of Sayaka in just about every loop. Homura is so awesome though.

I'm kind of thinking that everyone keeps at least part of their memories from every preceding loop.

I'm almost certain that this will be the best anime of the year.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I like how the timeloops explain how Homura got to be so badass, experience.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I finished my marathon last night. This show is ****ing great.

Kinda sad how in one time loop
Mari freaked out and nearly killed everyone.

Edit: Has anyone noticed that
every time homura went back in time, Walpurgis gained another gear? Maybe this means that every time she goes back, her "despair" gets channeled into Walpurgis as part of a balance for her "hope" to save Madoka.

Wouldn't this also mean that Madoka is also getting stronger each time? She seems to be the balance for Walpurgis.

Siel

Smash Cadet
Just watched Epi 10 .
I just can't see an efficient way for this all to work out ... :|

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Edit: Has anyone noticed that
every time homura went back in time, Walpurgis gained another gear? Maybe this means that every time she goes back, her "despair" gets channeled into Walpurgis as part of a balance for her "hope" to save Madoka.

Wouldn't this also mean that Madoka is also getting stronger each time? She seems to be the balance for Walpurgis.
There's a theory that
all the timeloops make the same Walpurgis witch stronger, something about Homura's time travel magic.

I just can't see an efficient way for this all to work out ... :|
You surprised?

Siel

Smash Cadet
Yeah, extremely. Oh, and someone disappointed i guess.

They portrayed mami so wrong when she tried to kill homura and kyoko .
: ( t_t.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Madoka got delayed... again. I hope it will be airing next week, and I hope this doesn't turn out to be another Bakemonogatari. >.<

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I hope that this is just a continuation of this show trolling us.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I'm hyped for the last 2 episodes, though I can't see them topping episode 10, in my opinion the best episode of the series.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
gg just released episode 11. Which I guess is fine, since I'm not even done downloading 12 or anything

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
Wowzers. I don't know what to think of the ending just yet, but I loved every bit of this anime.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The ending definitely did not disappoint. Very bittersweet, but any sort of dark ending would have been depressing, and any happy fluffy ending would have been weird.

Something I find interesting about the ending is that is managed to wrap up basically everything without leaving any sort of large plot hole or anyone doing something stupid. Madoka managed to find a wish (after 11 episodes) that didn't revert mankind back to the caves, didn't destroy QB's efforts to reverse entropy, didn't kill everyone. Mami and Kyouko were revived because they were killed by witches, though Sayaka was destined to exhaust her Soul Gem because of her sense of justice. Homura lost her time-travel powers because she never had to wish to protect Madoka from witches. It's like she became an angel (wings), working under goddess Madoka.

Speaking of Madoka, I wonder if it was intentional that this was released on / near Good Friday. Dying for good of the whole, something that she argued against with QB... how ironic.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just finished Madoka. I'm sad that the series is over. The ending was great and wrapped everything up.
I wasn't sure how the ending would be before episode 11 and 12, but it turned out good as I expected.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Talk about a near perfect ending for an 12 episode series. I was sucked into the whole series and was glad about the outcome.

CrimsonLion

Smash Apprentice
Just finished Madoka. I'm sad that the series is over. The ending was great and wrapped everything up.
I wasn't sure how the ending would be before episode 11 and 12, but it turned out good as I expected.
Same here and I'm glad that Shaft decided to take more time to work on the ending, otherwise it might not have turned out as awesome as it did.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The writers said that they'd like to make season 2 a slice of life anime. The ending sets it up pretty well.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just finished ep 11 and 12. Fantastic ending to an amazing series.

Btw,
what was up with the Homura witch wings at the end? Possible hint at season 2, perhaps?

:phone:
II interpreted it as
Homura getting some of Madoka's powers at the end to help get rid of these new creatures.
I could be wrong. It could be anything since it was really left open.
The writers said that they'd like to make season 2 a slice of life anime. The ending sets it up pretty well.
The writer says a lot of things. Before Madoka aired and they announced the staff, he said he'd do his best to write a heart-warming story or write something that would make the audience happy. We saw how that turned out.

Although that was mostly to lead the audience astray, I still think he wasn't serious about a season 2 slice of life possibility.
None of his works were happy in the slightest, so I won't believe a happy story from him until I see it.

Edit: Or maybe your statement was sarcasm...? I can never tell on the internet nowadays. lol

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Oh wait, I just remembered what Werekill was talking about.
At the very, very end, where Madoka says "Keep it up!" and Homura is in a desert-like place, Homura's wings have the same art style as the witches' barriers, as opposed to the more traditional wings earlier.

I have no idea what was going on. But it looked cool.

Top Bottom