• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Fin

Wave⁂

Smash Legend

Anyone else watching Madoka? I was a bit skeptical at first, since it looked like yet another magical girl anime. But the writer seems to be, for lack of a better term, trolling me. It isn't what I expected; not by a long shot. Tack on references to Faust and
Walpurgisnacht
, and I really can't stop watching.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I watch Madoka Magica, and there are others that watch it that post in the Tsundere thread.
The story was what I was expecting when they first announced the writer. I would've been surprised if it was a straight up Mahou Shoujo anime lol.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The new episode is just a giant cluster**** of depressing ****. I sort of feel bad for Sayaka, I'm surprised that she didn't "defect" to Kyouko's side. I don't get why she doesn't just take the violinist for herself, though. She didn't tell him? The last witch fight was horrible. That laughter, I didn't know who was laughing until I saw her face.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
spoiler tags are for ****ies.

7 episodes in and i already believe this to be the second best magical girl series of all time, falling short to msln.

yuki kajiura is my favorite composer of all time, and kalafina is top 10 of my favorite bands of all time, and this series features both.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
God damn this show. I was holding out, hoping this wouldn't happen. The writers really are trying to make this incredibly painful to watch.

Zero

Smash Hero

WHAT THE **** KYUBEY.

I love this show so much. Best show of 2011.

@Wave: I hope you mean painful as in painfully heartwrenching and destroying everything you ever felt about the mahou shoujo genre.

This show is definitely superior to CCS, from a standard point of view. (much better written, without filler crap, art is BEAUITFUL, even if you take away the 15 year gap). It's what Evangelion was to the mech genre, which is what made it so distinct and memorable. PMMM is the Eva of Magical Girl anime.

As for Nanoha, I never watched it so I can't comment. But Madoka the best.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Just like K-ON! :bee:

But ya, Madoka is amazing. Whether it beats CCS and MSLN is yet to been seen but it has a shot that's for sure.
k-on is the biggest pile of trash on earth in comparison to Kalafina.

@Zero: MSLN is better than Madoka.

Madoka easily clenched #3 though, if you count Puni Puni Poemi. #2 if not.

§leepy God

Smash Master
“If you feel like dying for this universe, just call us" ◕ ‿‿ ◕

I lol'd too hard. Kyuubey is one of the greatest troll I've seen in anime. xD

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I wonder if Kyouko did what she did because she knew she'd become a witch soon. There are a few scenes of her Soul Gem with black spots near the bottom.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I wonder if Kyouko did what she did because she knew she'd become a witch soon. There are a few scenes of her Soul Gem with black spots near the bottom.
I think the black spots is only because she's been using too much of her power to
sustain Sayaka's body
Since she didn't fight any witches recently, she exhausted a lot of her power.

I think Kyouko did what she did because she felt responsible. Both for not being able to help her and also not being able to finish their battle way back.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I think the black spots is only because she's been using too much of her power to
sustain Sayaka's body
Since she didn't fight any witches recently, she exhausted a lot of her power.

I think Kyouko did what she did because she felt responsible. Both for not being able to help her and also not being able to finish their battle way back.

Knowing that Walpurgis would be coming soon? It seems like a risky trade-off.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Going to watch episode 10 real soon. So no spoilers yet, please.
In the mean time, I thought this was funny.

Siel

Smash Cadet
I'm more interested in how they disregarded Mami so damn early.
Are you kidding? I know im still obsessing over this but come on, she had ****ing potential.
But yeah, kyuubey is an *******.
I hate him~

Zero

Smash Hero
TODAY'S ****ING EPISODE, MADOKA, MORE LIKE SADOKA :'(

Um, Siel,
killing Mami
early on is PERFECT, considering it's only a 12 episode series. You're right, her "potential" was that she's the whole catalyst to "MAGICAL GIRL IS NOT FUWA FUWA TIME, THIS IS SERIOUS ****", which they keep building on and have kept building on for the entire series. If you wanted a fluffy mahou shoujo, you could watch CCS but this show is for the men who like substance.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You're right, her "potential" was that she's the whole catalyst to "MAGICAL GIRL IS NOT FUWA FUWA TIME, THIS IS SERIOUS ****", which they keep building on and have kept building on for the entire series.
This was what I was exactly going to say.

It was the perfect shocking scene to make you realize how dark this story really is.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
My first impression was that it happened so Madoka would see the dark side (the other dark, not the DARK dark one) of being a Puella Magi.

It breaks my heart that Mami dies in every timeloop. I'm afraid that the name of the next episode, "The only remaining way", means that Homura is going to timeloop again and kill Madoka before she meets QB. Or maybe the only remaining way to go into space and kill the aliens. Hopefully it isn't Madoka making a contract.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I saw the episode last night and loved it. The beginning of the series makes a whole lot of sense now.

Can't believe we only have 2 episodes left.
I hope the writer will do another project with Shaft in the future.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
episode 10 was ****ing brilliant.

Also Mami was my favorite character in the first few episodes. Really kills my boner for this series that she dies in every time loop.

Top Bottom