• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Psi Magnet - not just for stalling

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Known, and there aren't too many instances where this will mean the difference between having to use PKT2 or not....

Levitas

the moon
If you want to put yourself in 47 frames of lag to turn around, it had better be against someone who can't beat the fair, can't get to you in those 47 frames (3 frames less than a SH's total duration), and will lose to the bair, and you have to be sufficiently close to not lose your opportunity to jump back to the stage (not edge) even without 47 frames of drifting towards it.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Known, and there aren't too many instances where this will mean the difference between having to use PKT2 or not....
There may not be many instances where you will be able to use this at all. I said it was situational in the first sentence, but if you do use it correctly, it will be useful :lick:

Uffe

Smash Hero
I lol'd at the ending. Anyway, you can do this without B-reversal. :ohwell:

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
I'm too lazy to put on my wii, but how are you reversing it? Its simply turning right before doing the psi magnet right? again, lazy to turn on my wii to play around with it

xoxokev

Smash Lord
I lol'd at the ending. Anyway, you can do this without B-reversal. :ohwell:
What do you mean? Or maybe I just worded it wrong and it's not technically b-reversed...

@PKMNG: I press down+B and immediately move my control stick to either the 7 or 5 o'clock position

Uffe

Smash Hero
Nevermind. I see what you're doing. It just reminded me of the video I made.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
speaking of psi magnet, I kno its wind effect is gud for pushing items away, would it be a quick way to get gyros off the stage?

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
speaking of psi magnet, I kno its wind effect is gud for pushing items away, would it be a quick way to get gyros off the stage?
A quicker way would be to just pick it up and chuck it offstage. If you're afraid you might get hurt while it's still spinning, I think using neutral air near it should do just fine... I think.

If you're doing doubles and your partner is ROB, you can use PSI Magnet after he throws it to make it go supa fast. :laugh:

Uffe

Smash Hero
It's funny because fighting Stealth Raptor's R.O.B., whenever he used his Gyro, I'd always release my PSI Magnet and the wind effect would push it back towards him.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I use this when Lucas is facing the wrong way and I'm trying to recover with Rope Snake.
So how is PSIM useful against WoPs? PSIM takes a while to start up. :urg:

xoxokev

Smash Lord
I use this when Lucas is facing the wrong way and I'm trying to recover with Rope Snake.
So how is PSIM useful against WoPs? PSIM takes a while to start up. :urg:
if you predict a WoP coming, and youre facing the wrong way, use this to turn around and fair...

_clinton

Smash Master
To be fair...even with those 47 frames of lag...the wind effect can serve you sometimes...its fun punishing laggy moves...

Shaky

Smash Ace
I perform the "turnaround Magnet" quite often, but not for recovery purposes. I usually do it to get in a better position for my next attack.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Not too useful, but I think fair is a better way of coming back than bair. Also what FireKirby said with Lucas is very true, but Ness has no tether recovery (*wants yoyo tether* :p).

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I highly enjoyed MK's comments on the matter.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Fox can do this with his down-B as well.
That's probably the best known aerial stall. Although I'd much rather have a Fox fair when recovering. Glad he has that.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Fox can do this with his down-B as well.
People say they've been doing this with Ness even before Fox from Brawl. If that's true, I never seen it and if anything, I adopted that idea after seeing a Fox user do this. Just to let you guys know, I'm not saying I made this up.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
If only there was a video with PSI magnet boosting. I don't know how it's done but Ness can PSI magnet boost (small distance compared to Lucas, but something nonetheless)...

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If only there was a video with PSI magnet boosting. I don't know how it's done but Ness can PSI magnet boost (small distance compared to Lucas, but something nonetheless)...
I'll try my best to find it, but no guarantees.
If we had a magnet boost as far as Lucas, maybe we'd get more respect.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
We have a small boost but idk how to do it. I thought it was a b-reversed PSI magnet and I used to do it before, but not consistently. I need more input on this because I'm not sure.

_clinton

Smash Master
Its based off your current air movement speed...I know how to use the boost...

Top Bottom