• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSC 13 Poll is up~

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Do they have to be in "Pokemon" stance, i.e. facing the left as if they were battling?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
TAL, I think you did a really nice job with Absol, but the horn thing should be fixed so that it curves the right way, if you know what I mean.

I still really like the sprite, though.

-Terywj
I think Absol just naturally looks weird from that side.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I don't really plan on trying this out nor do I object to the prompt, but just out of curiosity, why/how were the pokemon that were chosen for it... chosen?
Randomly generated in order to limit selectivity, as seen with what happened in PSC 1.

Do they have to be in "Pokemon" stance, i.e. facing the left as if they were battling?
Yeah, like an opponent's sprite.

That's true.

Edit - TAL, it's completely up to you. I was just seeing if I could suggest anything.

-Terywj

Tacel

Smash Lord
Yeah. I saw that all the front sprites don't have him facing that way, so I wanted to change it for once.

EDIT:

I sort of have the horn in the right position.
I might change it.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Is the judging process different this round?

EDIT: TAL - Love the Absol man

EDIT 2: I have an entry, just going to bide my time and look over it a little, make sure I work out any kinks.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Since I have absolutely no idea how to make a repose, I think I might sit this one out

Plus, I am just too addicted to MW2 to sprite

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Lack on interest to judge by other memberes leaves me with the polling option, once again.

However, this time I'll probably allow a maximum 3 votes per member, to more easily determine a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I didn't mean lack of interest in the prompt, I meant lack on interest for judging to have a different scale, since everyone was complaining about the system with PSC 1. Now, after complaining they aren't doing anything to remedy it.

Anyways for PSC 3 I'm going to have you guys list your favorite ideas for prompts, gather the ones which had the most support and then randomly select from there.

-Terywj

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Well if I understand what this "some hoo haa" is then it'll be better for all of us. so someone please explain.

-Terywj
Just see who did the best job, dont pick the sprite because you think absol is epic, or because gabite sucks, or because riddle picked that one, or because you think roach is awesome and want to approve of whatever he made, or you dont want to vote/ give a good review to someones because you flat out dont like the creator, etc.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
meh, we are all friends here, i'm sure we can be objective. Dunno if i wanna posy my entry yet, it may not be ready.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well don't start the poll yet without me, I'm doing my submission. I'm really giving it my all in this and I really hope that my sprite comes out great.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Bad news charmander, it IS a Skarmory

Don't complain because it's symmetrical. This is my first ever repose and I had to scratch it, which I'm not the best at. This actually took me several hours to make... I had to redo teh wings all over again when I had just finished with them because they were too... squiggly if you get me.

Also, nobody said it couldn't be shiny ;)

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Bad news charmander, it IS a Skarmory

Don't complain because it's symmetrical. This is my first ever repose and I had to scratch it, which I'm not the best at. This actually took me several hours to make... I had to redo teh wings all over again when I had just finished with them because they were too... squiggly if you get me.

Also, nobody said it couldn't be shiny ;)
noooooooooooo XD
i never thought about a shiny :p
but where are its eyes, I just see a diamond-thing >.>

Tacel

Smash Lord
Nice job, roacherman! That's a very nice scratch.
I do agree with you raising the horn, though. It'll look a lot better.

What do you think about the positioning of my Absol's horn?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

Tell me for the love of god I got it right this time.

Since this is now as good as it'll get, final submission

Its the fact that part of the horn blends in with the little jewel on Absol's head that irks me honestly

Also, really is it THAT nice? I guess I'm better at scratching than I thought :p

But I guess it does turn out nice when you spend hours on it (no I'm serious, I really did spend that much on it, I just really suck at scratching that I have to take mah tiem)

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Nice job, roacherman!
It's a very nice scratch.
I do agree with you raising the horn, though. It'll look a lot better.

What do you think about the positioning of my Absol's horn?
Normally i would say to make it curve toward the head, but given the reason otherwise, I say its just fine.
Also, amazing repose TAL!

Tacel

Smash Lord

There's something that's bugging me about the beak.
Also with the horn.
Other than that you did a great job. :)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well Skarmory is facing straight forward, and I decided to have him looking down instead of having to look straight forward, which I thought would give a sense of foreboding.

And no more changes, I already said final submission

Tacel

Smash Lord
+
=

I reversed Absol's limbs and put them on Umbreon's body.
I did some scratching (ex. Absol's cheek).
And no more changes, I already said final submission
Oh well. It's still really, really good.

Tacel

Smash Lord

Silence!

Anyway, is anybody else other than Greenstreet submitting?
Lack of interest in the prompt is probably the reason.

Top Bottom