• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA 0.2 Beta discussion topic.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
The "in case you don't know" part was just for anyone reading my post, actually. You just got ninja'd lol

And I was just testing the wind hitbox on jigg's down taunt (one of my edits that someone helped me with)

For some reason it's now allowing me to change the hitbox and actually have it work, and I'm planning on making the wind weak, but have a very big hitbox.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Is there a list of which names go with which attacks? Like Attack100, AttackS3S, AttackS4S, etc? I know some of them like air attacks and the hi/lw attacks.

Or if someone could at least tell me which one is the neutral-A attack, that would be nice.

Revven

FrankerZ
It seems SFX are character specific, which is odd. When I was messing around with Falcon's YES! I realized most of the sound effects used are the same between characters, things like start run, shield up, shield down, etc etc. But when I looked at another character, the SFX had different variables, even though they were for the same sound. I would have thought the numbers would just call a sound from a central sound folder on the disk, but it seems not. Just to make sure I tried to add YES! to Marth's fair, but it just removed the slicing noise and made no noise at all.
There's two ways to edit SFX.

One is in the actual script where it has the hitbox of the move, the time interval, and so on and you switch it from Main to SFX. The other way is with the flags, it's the middle part of the flag and the SFX has to be in hex, meaning two digits only. Getting YES! onto the knee's sweetspot hitbox is currently impossible without a gigantic list of all the SFXs in the game with their corresponding hexadecimal numbers.

In other words, for now all you can do with Yes is place it onto the entire move and select which part you want it to start at (beginning, middle, or end by using the boxes to move the SFX up or down). This is the same for all SFXs like Yes. Unless you know some of the SFXs in hex, you can't do anything to hitbox SFXs yet.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
ok one last question then i'll be able to finish w/ this doode im making...
on PW's pheonix mario, he made fire look like a sword. how exactly did he make it shape a sword?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
he used the animation from mario holding a beam sword. or something like that.

and you can do this for all characters, since they have pre-set animations for holding a beamsword, other items, etc.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm really confused at which actions are the smash attacks. I'm assuming anything with "AttackS" means smash attack, and I can find
AttackS3Hi
AttackS3S
AttackS3Lw
AttackS4Start
AttackS4Hi
AttackS4S
AttackS4Lw
AttackS4Hold

So uhhh.... anyone care to shed some light on this? :)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I thought hi was up, low was down, I would assume S is charge/startup or hold is...

That's about all I can guess.

EDIT:
High I think is up angled, S is standard, low is low angle. start is.... unsure.... S3 and S4 I don't know, those may not be smash attacks.

TheUltimateMario

Smash Apprentice
I'm really confused at which actions are the smash attacks. I'm assuming anything with "AttackS" means smash attack, and I can find
AttackS3Hi
AttackS3S
AttackS3Lw
AttackS4Start
AttackS4Hi
AttackS4S
AttackS4Lw
AttackS4Hold

So uhhh.... anyone care to shed some light on this? :)
AttackS4S is the forward Smash,
AttackHi4 is the UP smash
AttackLw4 is down smash.

Hope that helps

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ah ok, that clears up a lot. yea i started in the area as you said falco, but i got confused as in which were like up angled fsmash or up smash.

randomd1

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this has been posted, but "goto" offset, etc. doesn't cause an animation shift. For instance, If ganondorf's side b is changed to "goto up b grab" the effect of the up b grab is active but not the animation. Is there a fix to this?

MaxThunder

PM Support
everything i know about the attack animations at the moment...

=Attacks=

jab 1: Attack11
jab 2: Attack12
jab 2: Attack13

f-tilt: AttackS3 (if character has angled f-tilts(like mario): AttackS3S(middle) AttackS3Hi(up) AttackS3Lw(down)
d-tilt: AttackLw3
u-tilt: AttackHi3

Initate Fsmash: AttackS4Start
Fsmash: AttackS4 (if character has angled f-smashes(like mario): AttackS4S(middle) AttackS4Hi(up) AttackS4Lw(down)
charge Fsmash: AttackS4Hold
Initate Usmash: AttackHi4Start
Usmash: AttackHi4
charge Usmash: AttackHi4Hold
Initate Dsmash: AttackLw4Start
Dsmash: AttackLw4
charge Dsmash: AttackLw4Hold

nair: AttackAirN
fair: AttackAirF
bair: AttackAirB
uair: AttackAirHi
dair: AttackAirLw

nair landing:LandingAirN
fair landing:LandingAirF
bair landing:LandingAirB
uair landing:LandingAirHi
dair landing:LandingAirLw

dash attack: AttackDash

should i make a thread whith this stuff?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
trying to give characters other characters moves is really tough lol

edit: ^ itl prob be a good idea to also note the # of the subaction, as once you start changing the animations itl be tough to keep track. for instance i replaced the dsmash charge animation with the usmash charge animation on a character (theres a reason why lol) so now i have to remember by sub action number

@ susa: me 2, im learning a lot as i keep working. i think its cause my first move change was trying to put falco's overb on someone else, and there was a lot of probs since that spawns a projectile unique to falco, etc.
im working on this now and im in my computer programming class lol

SuSa

Not sure if this has been posted, but "goto" offset, etc. doesn't cause an animation shift. For instance, If ganondorf's side b is changed to "goto up b grab" the effect of the up b grab is active but not the animation. Is there a fix to this?
Pretty sure you change that in the GFX part.......?

EDIT:
@Chibo
Except hitboxes, it's rather simple. :x Once you learn how a characters model works it gets simpler.

/is lucky to have SOME coding experience and can figure out many things just by abbreviations...

MaxThunder's post needs be it's own thread or in the OP or something..

MaxThunder

PM Support
trying to give characters other characters moves is really tough lol

edit: ^ itl prob be a good idea to also note the # of the subaction, as once you start changing the animations itl be tough to keep track. for instance i replaced the dsmash charge animation with the usmash charge animation on a character (theres a reason why lol) so now i have to remember by sub action number
... i would be a good idea yes... but at the moment i'm busy just finding all the animation names and what their for... i'll leave that to someone else... probably...

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Well, it's just a guess, but you're welcome anyway. XD

EDIT: yeah, I'm pretty sure that's right, I checked bowser's uair. The direction is "55", which would be close to 5A, which is 90 degrees. Although I'm not sure if, like, 55 to 56 is a one degree difference. It might be.

In that case bowser's uair naturally sends at an 85 degree angle.

Another edit: Yeah, I'm sure that's right now, I checked luigi's nair (which sends straight up), and the direction says 5A, which is 90 degrees (straight up)

Revven

FrankerZ
And 0 degrees is to the right, 270 is down, and 180 is to the left. <---- Just for reference if you are confused about other angles.

TheUltimateMario

Smash Apprentice
And 0 degrees is to the right, 270 is down, and 180 is to the left. <---- Just for reference if you are confused about other angles.
Thanks, i also need those, i plan on giving Sonic a spike, either that,
or a slam/trip attack.

Revven

FrankerZ
I knew. 169 is the trip angle, any move you see that has that means the move can trip people. Some moves really don't need it (Sonic Usmash, Ganon Fair, Falcon UAIR has it!)

Revven

FrankerZ
Or 169 is the trip angle. XD

I assumed wrongly then.
Yeah, 169 in dec is 361 degrees (which the moves obviously don't send at all the time). All of the moves I looked at that had a 169 angle could trip and I've seen them trip before:

Falcon Dair
Ganon Fair
DK Fair
DK Bair
DK Nair (haven't seen it trip but that's due to me not using the move much)
Falcon Fair
Falcon Bair
Falcon Uair (never seen the move trip but I wouldn't doubt it)

Essentially, it is the Sakurai angle.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I have a few questions

Firstly... I am very well versed in Zero Suit Samus's moveset. I did a lot of research into this previously.

Go here to see what I mean: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178317

I want to redo this with data from this tool, but I am confused as to some things...

I will take ZSS's Fair as an example:

first hit:
Collision: id=0, bone=40, damage=6, direction=169, BKB=46, Growth=23
Collision: id=1, bone=3F, damage=6, direction=169, BKB=46, Growth=23
Collision: id=2, bone=3E, damage=6, direction=169, BKB=46, Growth=23

Second Hit early:
Collision: id=0, bone=40, damage=B direction=169, BKB=69, Growth=28
Collision: id=1, bone=3F, damage=A, direction=169, BKB=69, Growth=28
Collision: id=2, bone=3E, damage=A, direction=169, BKB=69, Growth=28

Second Hit Late:
Collision: id=0, bone=40, damage=7, direction=169, BKB=69, Growth=28
Collision: id=1, bone=3F, damage=7, direction=169, BKB=69, Growth=28
Collision: id=2, bone=3E, damage=7, direction=169, BKB=69, Growth=28

My main issue is with Direction... 169= 361 degrees!
In reality it hits at around 40-45 degrees

Also, the BKB and KBG cannot be the same for the early and late second hits... this late hit would kill a only a couple percent later if this were the case... rather than 51% damage later.

Can someone please explain how these values work? Because my understanding from the old way of reading the launch velocity from the results screen can't make heads or tails of this...

EDIT: I see more posts since I wrote this... for the record I think this move can trip at extremely lower percentages (<5%)

SuSa

Yeah, 169 in dec is 361 degrees (which the moves obviously don't send at all the time). All of the moves I looked at that had a 169 angle could trip and I've seen them trip before:

Falcon Dair
Ganon Fair
DK Fair
DK Bair
DK Nair (haven't seen it trip but that's due to me not using the move much)
Falcon Fair
Falcon Bair
Falcon Uair (never seen the move trip but I wouldn't doubt it)

Essentially, it is the Sakurai angle.
I vote we all call 361 the Sakurai angle from here on out.

That's just epic.

361 = Sakurai

Adapt

Smash Lord
Adding to my earlier post...
ZSS's bair has less BKB and less KBG than her fair... But I know it kills earlier.

I agree that it has less base knock back... but it should have higher growth than shown.

Use the calculator (scientific mode) on your computer to do standard hex to decimal conversion. It won't do floating point though

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
he used the animation from mario holding a beam sword. or something like that.

and you can do this for all characters, since they have pre-set animations for holding a beamsword, other items, etc.
You answered my question, but at the same time, you didnt lol. I meant like HOW did he do it, not why he could do it. I know he used the sword animations and suff. I got it to work on a character, but I cant see anything. He just swings air and it has a hit box. I wanna make it look like a sword.

SuSa

Adding to my earlier post...
ZSS's bair has less BKB and less KBG than her fair... But I know it kills earlier.

I agree that it has less base knock back... but it should have higher growth than shown.

Use the calculator (scientific mode) on your computer to do standard hex to decimal conversion. It won't do floating point though
How different are the angles? As well as this one other setting, forgot what it was... lol

Top Bottom