• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA 0.2 Beta discussion topic.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
i have a feeling PSA should have only been released in the workshop br or something to avoid so many unknowledgeable people crying for help lol
Agreed, but the people who AREN'T in the WBR would get really mad. lol

And I thought that projectiles couldn't be edited yet? Or did I hear incorrectly?

MaxThunder

PM Support
me(as gannon), a level 9 toon link and a level 9 luigi vs epic falcon= ... i... won... i actually won... he... died... ... i spiked him twice... and i managed to side-b him and luigi up-b him to heaven... and then... i perfectshielded his knee three times... and then i was alone against the beast... i faired him out of the stage.. hi kneed and star ko'd me... and failed to recover... i won... barely...

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
me(as gannon), a level 9 toon link and a level 9 luigi vs epic falcon= ... i... won... i actually won... he... died... ... i spiked him twice... and i managed to side-b him and luigi up-b him to heaven... and then... i perfectshielded his knee three times... and then i was alone against the beast... i faired him out of the stage.. hi kneed and star ko'd me... and failed to recover... i won... barely...
haha, well there is absolutely no way that you will be able to beat the final version of it. invincibility frames ftw!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Agreed, but the people who AREN'T in the WBR would get really mad. lol

And I thought that projectiles couldn't be edited yet? Or did I hear incorrectly?
even if i cant edit it yet, how would i remove the call to the projectile, so like falco's overB spawns no projectile in the first place

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I think the "Additional Requirement" or "Requirement" thing. modify it so that it says both. That I think is it. Or you can change the "Change SubAction" thing. make the ID something that you want the animation to be. But its just a rough guess.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Anyone taking the time to actually try to make non broken characters?
I am. :3 I'm making an edit for Lucario... I'm trying to make sure it isn't broken, but knowing me, I'll fail epically and end up with a semi-god tier somehow.
EDIT: Yep, nearly did. Down-air could kill at like 30%, even though the knockback wasn't too almighty.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
i have a feeling PSA should have only been released in the workshop br or something to avoid so many unknowledgeable people crying for help lol
Nope, because then we wouldn't be able to start messing with it and figuring out what we're doing. :3

Sushi21

Smash Apprentice
we should start a help and Q&A thread, if that may clear anything up.
And this thread be for discussing and adding values and other things to the front page.

someone help please!!!! I put in the aura code on down smash, and the electric code in bair and dair, and they still aren't working!!! help plz:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Maybe I can help. Are you putting the values in the offensive collision under flags and (optional) under graphics?

haha, well there is absolutely no way that you will be able to beat the final version of it. invincibility frames ftw!
Haha, maybe I should make an invincible Ganon like yours, and we can battle.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
we should start a help and Q&A thread, if that may clear anything up.
And this thread be for discussing and adding values and other things to the front page.

Maybe I can help. Are you putting the values in the offensive collision under flags and (optional) under graphics?

Haha, maybe I should make an invincible Ganon like yours, and we can battle.

Yes.

under bair, there are like 3 or 4 different ids, one for each collision. duhr. but I put the same electric code in (the flags) for all of them, and it doesn't work. I think I need another code for the last two.

And for jiggz's downsmash, it's three different collisions (three ids)

I put the same aura code in for all three, and it doesn't work. I think there might be a second one, but I'm not sure how that'll work.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
I think I missed something on that other guide thread... Where exactly on the attack do you add an effect? (electric, dark, etc.)

and for melee items, which id would be the F-tilt? they're all swing1-4 n stuff like that.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
click on the offensive collision, click modify, then go to flags, and change the value to whatever would make it a certain effect.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You could try to outrightly remove what controls it by pressing the remove button.
yea i just didnt want to remove the wrong thing because i dont recognize anything that looks like a call to a projectile

unless someone knows the command for moving a character along a predefined path so i could sort of re-create it

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
click on the offensive collision, click modify, then go to flags, and change the value to whatever would make it a certain effect.
And uh, whats the Value for darkness or electricity? or where did you find em? Sorry if this is somewhere else and I just overlooked it >.<

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Sorry to spam my own topic BUT.

How do you modify aerials?
I know specials are 114 and on, but what about aerials?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
And uh, whats the Value for darkness or electricity? or where did you find em? Sorry if this is somewhere else and I just overlooked it >.<

this is the kind of stuff we're still trying to figure out. I think electricity is actually figured, but there are two different codes...one for the first two collisions on a move, and a second for the other collisions. (I THINK). Let me go try to find them.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
aerials are like around 60 ish. They're called like AirF, AirN, I think. they're in subactions btw

adrahil

Smash Cadet
If God Falcon makers are still looking for 'YES!' SFX, it is 556. It can be found by looking under SFX of Subaction 1D9, 'SpecialHiThrow' which implies upB throwing. Most any SFX number needed can be found pretty quickly by browsing the appropriate subaction.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
If God Falcon makers are still looking for 'YES!' SFX, it is 556. It can be found by looking under SFX of Subaction 1D9, 'SpecialHiThrow' which implies upB throwing. Most any SFX number needed can be found pretty quickly by browsing the appropriate subaction.
THANKS SO MUCH!

I think i tried it, didnt work. however, ill try aain :p

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Now, could you put the YES SFX on all of captain falcon's moves? O_O my god that would be epic.

EDIT: I got jigglypuff's dair to be electric :D It's so ****ing epic!! and the aura down smash is working too. I don't know what I did, I think I just resaved it or something, but they work now :D

Another thing.....electric jigglpuff dair meteor smashes for some reason O_o

adrahil

Smash Cadet
It seems SFX are character specific, which is odd. When I was messing around with Falcon's YES! I realized most of the sound effects used are the same between characters, things like start run, shield up, shield down, etc etc. But when I looked at another character, the SFX had different variables, even though they were for the same sound. I would have thought the numbers would just call a sound from a central sound folder on the disk, but it seems not. Just to make sure I tried to add YES! to Marth's fair, but it just removed the slicing noise and made no noise at all.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Now, could you put the YES SFX on all of captain falcon's moves? O_O my god that would be epic.

EDIT: I got jigglypuff's dair to be electric :D It's so ****ing epic!! and the aura down smash is working too. I don't know what I did, I think I just resaved it or something, but they work now :D

Another thing.....electric jigglpuff dair meteor smashes for some reason O_o
ooo whats the value for the electric stuffz?

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
I don't have my laptop (which is my only comp that reads SD cards) so I can't mess around with this, but I'm cheering for you guys, hopefully you'll make some seriously epic characters.

YES!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
electric effect (At least one of them) is 39030283. In case you don't know, In subactions, click on the move's offensive collision, go to flags, and put that number in for electric effect.

....I think jiggz's fair has slash effect. I don't think it's always had this, but... I didn't add it in. O_o

Or maybe it's just the animation of when you hit them. idk.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
electric effect (At least one of them) is 39030283. In case you don't know, In subactions, click on the move's offensive collision, go to flags, and put that number in for electric effect.
Lmao arent you the one who told me how to add effects and things like 15mins ago? xD

Top Bottom