• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

protecting title

beencake

Smash Apprentice
so sick of seeing tournaments where the best players dont play their best characters obviously just to protect their title as one of the best.

STOP BEING A ***** and play your best characters sick of seeing mango use falcon just because he cant bear the thought of his falco/fox being beaten.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
wow maybe mango just wanted to play falcon and marth
your assuming too much.
if you know him and he told you i will retract this statement

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
What youre saying makes sense if you are talking about nationals, but if you are referring to locals (like Sudden Death IV), then I don't agree at all...

Locals are a great way to improve your secondaries in serious sets. Mango has said multiple times that one of his goals with Marth is to beat M2K in dittos so I don't see the problem..

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Mango ***** you, your mom, and your yet to be born cousin.

You mad? Maybe they aren't afraid to lose and want to play different characters. Go john about Marth being bad some more or something.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
If Mango cared about being the best, he'd try to win tourneys. He probably knows full well that legacy doesn't set him as "the best player of all time". In fact, in interviews he clearly states he dropped out of competitive circles because his integrity would be contested every time he tried to have some fun.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Besides, why the hell are you mad that you got more Mango Marth videos?

Sudden Death IV was like a gold mine of material for Marth mains to learn from. Only thing missing was HBK.

Battlecow

Play to Win
IDK if we should be mad at mango for having fun, but we do have to strip him of his title if he does it in nationals.

The interview made it seem like he wanted to jerk off all day, never win a set, and be hailed as the Jesus of Smash by everyone foever.

Jonas

Smash Champion
If there's not enough incentive for the top player to play his best, then it is the tournament's fault.

Besides, if you don't like it, just get better and make sure Mango doesn't get to grand finals so he can't d*** around anymore.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Shut up dude. Mango plays falcon because he ENJOYS playing falcon. Period. Threads like these are what he hates about the community.

beencake

Smash Apprentice
im not even singling out mango, im just saying people need to stop being nerds and play to win with their best , i dont care what tournament i go to id never use a my third best character in grandfinals? BS imo, EVERYONE at SD wanted to see mango go fox or falco your lying to your self if you disagree.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Hey, did you know that people can play Melee for fun to? It's up to the player to decide how "serious" and match is and play how he wants to play and you have no right to judge him. Also, I do enjoy watching Falcon play more than watching spacies, and top level Marth dittos were pretty fun to watch too just because I'm a Marth secondary. Speaking of which, you're acting like your main is always the best character to use in a match and that's certainly not the case when you're a low tier player or when you have a second for certain match-ups like Armada.

And everyone at SD wanted Mango to go Fox? Where you even there?

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Mango used fox and falco in teams. It's not like he shunned them out completely.

'V'

Smash Lord
people choose not to play at their best because they want to chill and play for fun sometimes.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
I know it's alread been stated but, some people play this game for fun. Sticking to one character can get boring after a while and a nice way to have fun is by just switching to another character. It's how we extend the playability of this game.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm curious--does mango have an actual job or something? I know that I'd play a main for 1 set even if I didn't want to if it meant $200 or whatever. Seriously, he could be using that money to drink thoroughly irresponsible amounts of alcohol.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'm curious--does mango have an actual job or something? I know that I'd play a main for 1 set even if I didn't want to if it meant $200 or whatever. Seriously, he could be using that money to drink thoroughly irresponsible amounts of alcohol.
Genesis 2 Results said:
2: Mang0 ($1,198.13) + ($500)
I think he's doing alright.

kevo

Smash Journeyman
I dunno about anyone else, but Mango's Genesis money would last me around 2 months. If I were as good as him, it would be convenient because I wouldn't need a part time job before I graduate, but I'm not gonna be pursuing a pro smash career after school :/

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I wish I were as good as Mango. I'd be able to travel to tournaments and get better
Oh wait....

mesa23

Smash Journeyman
im not even singling out mango, im just saying people need to stop being nerds and play to win with their best , i dont care what tournament i go to id never use a my third best character in grandfinals? BS imo, EVERYONE at SD wanted to see mango go fox or falco your lying to your self if you disagree.
it's a goddamn game.

Beat!

Smash Master
It's not the matchup itself as much as the fact that M2K as a player is much worse against Falco than he is vs Fox.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Players should focus on themselves getting better and stop getting flustered and frustrated at top players not playing at their peak. There are countless videos of Mango playing with each character that you can learn from.

kevo

Smash Journeyman
well his fox and falco played some friendlies with me. i beat his fox all games cept 1 but his falco bodied me pretty badly
It intrigues me that you can handily beat Mango's Fox like that. Mango's Fox was totally on point at Genesis, it felt like he pulled it out for the last couple of sets as his "ultimate weapon". Good to see you still got it. :)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
M2K munches on Foxes for breakfast, so I'm not surprised.

And yeah, this is just a game. Whatever.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Well it is true that I am a lot better vs fox than I am falco. fox is one of my best MUs and falco's one of my worst, but I think the other half is that if u don't have perfect powershielding the MU is really hard, assuming that they don't make technical mistakes or do something obvious. I think Falco's also a better character in singles though. I couldn't touch mango's falco any of the 3 games I played with him. (I got 2 stocked like 3 times in a row :(). Falco controls a lot of the MU with lasers, but Fox you can simply beat by outranging him, and dash dance grab. Edge guarding these 2 characters is the same in this MU, but Fox is much much easier to grab than Falco is, or land a huge hit in general (up tilts to spike or combo/ Uairs to combo/grabs. All are much easier to hit Fox with).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I always see you use Marth & Sheik against Falco's, Jason. I know it's still not a favorable match-up but have you thought of using Fox against Falco recently? His increased mobility might give him an edge in your main issue with Falco which you've stated is Falco's ability to control the pace of the match with lasers. I'm just interested in your reasoning in choosing Marth/Sheik over Fox.

Top Bottom