• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Thank You Sakurai! Calling All Smash Fans and Artists! Under New Ownership!

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
Amazing, Palutena has the most votes of them all! Certainly proves her popularity.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Here's an update on what I'm doing. Its going to take a bit longer.
I like it. A lot. Don't feel rushed at all. You have at least two weeks before we start voting on any character art. And each character will have a week of polling.

Amazing, Palutena has the most votes of them all! Certainly proves her popularity.
How she beat Pit, Kirby, and Mario, I will never know.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I like it. A lot. Don't feel rushed at all. You have at least two weeks before we start voting on any character art. And each character will have a week of polling.

How she beat Pit, Kirby, and Mario, I will never know.
To be fair, she was for the Kid Icarus poll, and Kirby and Pit were not in their poll. No reason for Mario though.

Also, I think that we should still add Wario. He is the only character who's series is actually isn't included, and he was one vote shy.

Either way, this is my Jigglypuff artwork.

[COLLAPSE=Jigglypuff]
Jigglypuff.png
[/COLLAPSE]

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
To be fair, she was for the Kid Icarus poll, and Kirby and Pit were not in their poll. No reason for Mario though.

Also, I think that we should still add Wario. He is the only character who's series is actually isn't included, and he was one vote shy.

Either way, this is my Jigglypuff artwork.

[COLLAPSE=Jigglypuff]View attachment 10421[/COLLAPSE]
I suppose that might be it.

On Wario...I might have to do a separate poll for that. I would also include Ganondorf, Rick, Prince Fluff, and Magnus (and Zero Suit Samus and Sheik, since I forgot them last time) and I could make it so that the top 3 make it in and the rest stay out. I'm not sure how much that's worth it, though.

D

Deleted member

I would like to personally apologize to fans of the following characters, as they missed their chance by less than five votes:
Wario (49 Votes)
In all seriousness, I always feel like I am the only person in this world that legitimately likes Wario.

I guess we could do one more poll or just at least include Wario and Ganondorf. They were off by one and two votes respectively; it's not THAT big of a deal.

EDIT: As someone pointed out, his series is the only one that isn't represented. That would be unfair for Wario.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
In all seriousness, I always feel like I am the only person in this world that legitimately likes Wario.

I guess we could do one more poll or just at least include Wario and Ganondorf. They were off by one and two votes respectively; it's not THAT big of a deal.

EDIT: As someone pointed out, his series is the only one that isn't represented. That would be a bit unfair for Wario.
Hehe, I like Wario. In fact he is one of my favourite characters.

D

Deleted member

All who consider Wario's 49 votes adequate, please like this post. If this gets at least five likes, I will add him.
Wario made it to five likes! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

TailzWolf

Smash Apprentice
I'm a little confused here. Are only artists able to submit artwork for the contest? If so, is it too late to join?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Add me as a non-signing supporter, please!
Will do!

I'm a little confused here. Are only artists able to submit artwork for the contest? If so, is it too late to join?
You have plenty of time to sign up still! Would you like me to add you as an artist and a signer/non-signer and maybe even twitter user?

Wario has officially been nominated enough that he will be added. Expect that change to be noted in the OP momentarily.

TailzWolf

Smash Apprentice
So non-signing or signing supporter? If you support enough to make art, then you support at least a little. Are you able to give a signature, or do you not have the means?
I don't think I have the means. Non-signing.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I dug up this really awful old picture I drew of the Kirby crew, figured I may as well toss it up as well.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I'll tackle Zelda next, then Possibly Rosalina & Luma.

So are we collaging all the photos together? How will Samurai view the art?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Huzzah I want in :happysheep:
Signing, non-signing, artist, twitter?

View attachment 10434
Could someone let me know if this image works? I think I did it right.
Uh...I need images that are transparent or close to it for this, so I'm sorry to say I can't accept this in its current state.

I dug up this really awful old picture I drew of the Kirby crew, figured I may as well toss it up as well.
Well, as it's a collection of characters, I can't really add it to the competition, but I would add it to the gallery regardless if you'd like.

I'll tackle Zelda next, then Possibly Rosalina & Luma.

So are we collaging all the photos together? How will Samurai view the art?
Short answer is photoshop.

Longer answer is that we're splitting the card into four pages. One is for the front page (message), one is for Smash Bros., another is for Kirby, and the last is for Kid Icarus. Basically, we'll just arrange them all on the paper in a way that fits. It may end up being rather large, though. (My brother's promised to help me with any editing that I need help with, if anyone was wondering.)

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I draw fan art a lot and I'd certainly like to join as an artist, but this is still the only drawing I have in digital form:
dedede is back 2.jpg

I swear I've posted this picture three times now...

I really need a scanner.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I'm kinda saddened Little Mac didn't make it, being a newcomer and all that.

Oh well, is there anyone who hasn't been drawn yet?
Little Mac made it. Nobody has finished his drawing yet though.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm drawing a picture i guess i could sign to.
I'll put that down!
[collapse="Signing"]
[/collapse]
Got it. Thanks so much! (Also, I love your singnature.)
My Zelda drawing

[COLLAPSE=Zelda]View attachment 10506[/COLLAPSE]
I'll add it. Boy is it large xD
I draw fan art a lot and I'd certainly like to join as an artist, but this is still the only drawing I have in digital form:
View attachment 10513
I swear I've posted this picture three times now...

I really need a scanner.
You're gonna really have some difficulty beating out your competition, but this is really good. I'll gladly accept it.
I'm kinda saddened Little Mac didn't make it, being a newcomer and all that.

Oh well, is there anyone who hasn't been drawn yet?
Characters with checkmarks have at least one piece of artwork. Characters with x's do not.

Mario ✓
Luigi ✓
Peach ✓
Bowser
Donkey Kong ✓
Yoshi ✓
Wario
Link ✓
Zelda ✓
Samus ✓
Pit ✓
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Kirby ✓
Meta Knight ✓
King Dedede ✓
Captain Olimar
Fox ✓
Captain Falcon
Pikachu ✓
Jigglypuff ✓
Marth ✓
Ness ✓
Mr. Game and Watch ✓
Snake ✓
Sonic ✓
Villager ✓
Mega Man ✓
Wii Fit Trainer ✓
Rosalina ✓
Little Mac
Master Hand
Sandbag
Bandana Waddle Dee ✓
Gooey
Adeline
(Generic) Waddle Dee
Waddle Doo
Knuckle Joe
Palutena ✓
Viridi
Dark Pit
Medusa
Hades
Eggplant Wizard

I went ahead and bolded them for you. Note that Little Mac is indeed on the list and currently does not have artwork.

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx

Just an update, and I was fooling around with colors. It most likely won't look like that when its done.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Oh wait, I got the list all wrong, I thought that characters with the X were the one that didn't make it. =P
Not at all xD Go wild with Little Mac!

Just an update, and I was fooling around with colors. It most likely won't look like that when its done.
Wow. I am really looking forward to the final version of this.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
When is the deadline for submitting art?

EDIT: I'm doing a Wario sketch right now.

EDIT2: It's done, and hopefully tomorrow I can borrow my sister's scanner and (possibly) get it colored.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
When is the deadline for submitting art?

EDIT: I'm doing a Wario sketch right now.

EDIT2: It's done, and hopefully tomorrow I can borrow my sister's scanner and (possibly) get it colored.
When that character's artwork is rated is the only time. Don't worry, you likely have a month or so.

Wait, I never said I was going to draw Little Mac!

But now you totally saved me from having to choose who to draw, so I'm doing it anyways, thanks. =P
:p I'm fine with that.

Top Bottom