• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Thank You Sakurai! Calling All Smash Fans and Artists! Under New Ownership!

NoPLo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoploSnowman
Thanks!

Also, IMHO, I really believe at least the main 8 (or 12) characters from the original Super Smash Bros should be in the Smash illustration, no matter the poll :(

It would be kind of touching if we could pay homage to this picture, but updated to actual designs and maybe adding some characters:

By the way, I have no idea how to write a "secret", I'm sorry... Could someone kindly tell me how to do it??

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Anything to show our main man our appreciation. Sign me up for a signature! Hell, I might even draw Kirby for ya.
By the way, I have no idea how to write a "secret", I'm sorry... Could someone kindly tell me how to do it??
[ spoiler ][ /spoiler] But without the spaces.

Last edited:

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Add me too the non-signing list please, use my Username. I love all the hard work for this man and would love to be a part of letting him know that we, as his fans, appreciate him for everything hes done.

Last edited:

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
dude, heck yeah i'll be a signer!!! i don't have twitter, and i'll try to draw anybody we need :)
I'll be signing under my longtime alias Liets, and I'll put up my signature within the day
i'll start to work on an idea for a kirby/kirby hats drawing once i find the right paper :D

oh and off-topic, but if anybody needs epic music to listen to while drawing, here's Aferburn and Seconds Out
I played these at my honor band concert, and thought they were cool...

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Sign me up, as an artist. I don't have twitter, however.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I've liked this idea for a long time. There's a side of me that wishes we could send him a money package so the man can actually take a damn vacation for a change once he's done developing this game.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I've liked this idea for a long time. There's a side of me that wishes we could send him a money package so the man can actually take a damn vacation for a change once he's done developing this game.
I thought about that at one point, then realized I have no money or job to help with that. So, a card would be better for many. There's still a part of me though that wants to show how much of an influence he's had on us. Like maybe a picture of me and my brother playing Kirby Super Star or Melee together.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Whoa Whoa whoa! I've never seen this!

Put my signature as RelaxAlax ( or Alex Carducci :$)
And also an artist

Here's an example of my works, I'm more of a parody guy but love to pick up a pencil and get to work

As well as my Display Picture on the left :]

I'll get to work on a Smashing little picture :D

OH and twitter, here ya go. This isn't a plug for anyone to follow me though
@alaxcarducci

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Where do I submit my written signature? Right here on this thread?
I really don't have much time to make a full-fledged new picture for the card, but I'd absolutely love to show Mr. Sakurai my appreciation for the work he does, even though he loves trolling us almost constantly, I do know he cares about the fanbase, Megaman and Little Mac are proof of that!
Here's a drawing of Wii Fit Trainer!

LoneR.O.B.

Smash Cadet
I want to be in the signers list!
Really apreciate Sakurai's job in all the games he does, especially the Smash series.
I would collaborate with some art, but I only know hand drawing and monochromatic...

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well here's the Ness drawing I promised, it's a little rushed but I hope you enjoy.

I scaled it down a little though but if you want the larger version then feel free to ask, Pacack.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Well here's the Ness drawing I promised, it's a little rushed but I hope you enjoy.

I scaled it down a little though but if you want the larger version then feel free to ask, Pacack.
Is that really Ness? He looks straight from the Laytonverse...just kidding xD He looks cool, although he does look like he's on the Layton style.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Is that really Ness? He looks straight from the Laytonverse...just kidding xD He looks cool, although he does look like he's on the Layton style.
Heh, well I do really enjoy making Professor Layton fanart most of the time so I don't blame you for making that connection. ^^

And thanks by the way. ^^

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Heh, well I do really enjoy making Professor Layton fanart most of the time so I don't blame you for making that connection. ^^

And thanks by the way. ^^
It embarrasses me...I can draw a cartoonish human face just fine but I can't get Layton's headshape right :s

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It embarrasses me...I can draw a cartoonish human face just fine but I can't get Layton's headshape right :s
Nah there's nothing embarrassing about that, a lot of people actually seem to struggle with Layton's head for some reason so you're not alone. For a relatively simple looking guy, he sure can be a little tricky to draw for some.

But hey, practice makes perfect. ^^

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I really don't have much time to make a full-fledged new picture for the card, but I'd absolutely love to show Mr. Sakurai my appreciation for the work he does, even though he loves trolling us almost constantly, I do know he cares about the fanbase, Megaman and Little Mac are proof of that!
Wii FIT Trainer ;)

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
There is. Pre order his games and recommend them to friends. Trust me the man already has more money than you or I will make in our life time.

Did you draw that? That's the best looking WFT I've seen. Not down with tooth pick WFT

Last edited by a moderator:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Sorry for showing up late to the party, College this week has been kicking my ass. I saw I was mentioned and thought I'd check out the thread. And I'd like to say I'd like to be a part of it anyway I can. If someone can give me the run-down of what goes on here I'll help anyway I can. :3

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Really good Idea! Add me to the non-signer section!
Will do!
I really like this idea! I'd like to be added as a supporter and an artist. Here's a few examples of my work, just in case:

Wow! Gladly! Will you be giving a signature as well?
Non-signing, please c:
Will do.
Thanks!

Also, IMHO, I really believe at least the main 8 (or 12) characters from the original Super Smash Bros should be in the Smash illustration, no matter the poll :(

It would be kind of touching if we could pay homage to this picture, but updated to actual designs and maybe adding some characters:

I'll talk to APC about it. I like the idea, personally.
Anything to show our main man our appreciation. Sign me up for a signature! Hell, I might even draw Kirby for ya.
[ spoiler ][ /spoiler] But without the spaces.
Gladly! I'll put you down as an artist as well.
Add me too the non-signing list please, use my Username. I love all the hard work for this man and would love to be a part of letting him know that we, as his fans, appreciate him for everything hes done.
Gladly!
dude, heck yeah i'll be a signer!!! i don't have twitter, and i'll try to draw anybody we need :)
I'll be signing under my longtime alias Liets, and I'll put up my signature within the day
i'll start to work on an idea for a kirby/kirby hats drawing once i find the right paper :D

oh and off-topic, but if anybody needs epic music to listen to while drawing, here's Aferburn and Seconds Out
I played these at my honor band concert, and thought they were cool...
I look forward to getting your signature!
Sign me up, as an artist. I don't have twitter, however.
Signing or non-signing?
I think I'll be on the signing list for now. :)
Thanks, Blue!
Would you like to be added as a supporter?
Whoa Whoa whoa! I've never seen this!

Put my signature as RelaxAlax ( or Alex Carducci :$)
And also an artist

Here's an example of my works, I'm more of a parody guy but love to pick up a pencil and get to work

As well as my Display Picture on the left :]

I'll get to work on a Smashing little picture :D

OH and twitter, here ya go. This isn't a plug for anyone to follow me though
@alaxcarducci
THANK YOU! We're in desperate need of more twitter users for this if we're going to get him to see it. I'll add you.
Just don't put me down as an artist. If I decide to make something out of charity, then you should put me as an artist.

The least I can provide is a signature.
K!
I'd like to be on the signatures list! Don't have to put the period after Ryan. :cool:
Alrighty! :p
You can either post it here or send it to me via a conversation.

I'll add you to the list and put your artwork into the gallery!
Sounds great. Put me down as a signer. I'll try to get some art up, later. Might try my hand at Link. Sorry, no Twitter.
I'll put you down as a question in the artist list if that's all right.
My drawings are very bad. I wanna be added to the non-signing list.
Not trying out for the competition, then?
Is this actually going to him?
We're going to try our hardest to get him to see it. Whether we'll succeed or not, I don't know. Would you like to be added to somewhere in the list?
I want to be in the signers list!
Really apreciate Sakurai's job in all the games he does, especially the Smash series.
I would collaborate with some art, but I only know hand drawing and monochromatic...
I'll add you to the signers and have you put down as a question for artist, if that's all right.

I'll add it to the gallery! And don't feel too rushed, okay? You have quite a bit of time left before we actually start the contest.
i will sign.
I'll put you down!
There is. Pre order his games and recommend them to friends. Trust me the man already has more money than you or I will make in our life time.
Would you like to be put down in either of the lists?
Sorry for showing up late to the party, College this week has been kicking my ***. I saw I was mentioned and thought I'd check out the thread. And I'd like to say I'd like to be a part of it anyway I can. If someone can give me the run-down of what goes on here I'll help anyway I can. :3
The best way to get a complete run-down is by reading the thread, but, in short, we're trying to make a virtual card for Sakurai with signatures and art from all of Smashboards. You can give a signature under your real name, under your initials, or under an alias. If you want to enter into a competition for the art, you may post your work here or send it to me. You may enter with one piece of art for as many characters as you would like.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Will do!
The best way to get a complete run-down is by reading the thread, but, in short, we're trying to make a virtual card for Sakurai with signatures and art from all of Smashboards. You can give a signature under your real name, under your initials, or under an alias. If you want to enter into a competition for the art, you may post your work here or send it to me. You may enter with one piece of art for as many characters as you would like.
Well then, put me down for signatures, which I'll get out on here tonight. And as for the drawing, I'll see what I can do. :)

I've been itching to draw again after being stuck using paints for the past week and a half.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well then, put me down for signatures, which I'll get out on here tonight. And as for the drawing, I'll see what I can do. :)

I've been itching to draw again after being stuck using paints for the past week and a half.
I'll put you down! I look forward to seeing what you can do!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
@ Pacack Pacack Signing list. I'll be working with something tonight. Falco, perhaps. Or MK. Jiggs? Ehh, what is everyone else working on?
Also, how bout them icons? Any luck?

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
This thread exploded in popularity, I'm so glad that the community wants to show we care.

I'm working on a Meta Knight right now for you guys...

Oh, i found an old Falco drawing on my FB page, it had Falco alonside Mordecai from Regular Show (i got Mordecai out), and I wish i could color it but, im not into digital coloring yet, maybe someone could color it for me?

View attachment 9774
I'd definitely try to color it for you. I'll post it once it's done.

Top Bottom