• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Thank You Sakurai! Calling All Smash Fans and Artists! Under New Ownership!

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Please please pleeeeease put me down in the signing signatures. Also, if you need other artists, I might want to help. Although it may not be likely depending on how to do it and what to do it on.

Also, if you are really concerned about Sakurai reading it, I suggest getting a proficient Japanese translator on board. This forum has a few people I can immediately think of who have Japan experience or extensive understanding of the language.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
First of all, I recommend you read the OP so you know what's going on. Essentially, we're making Sakurai a card, and I was wondering if you might draw Samus and maybe some other characters for the contest.
:) i read it, and it is so sad to hear about his health condition....it was a great idea to make him a card! :3 So....i can draw the Characters that are from Smash, even the ones that are not confirmed yet (like Meta Knight, wolf, falco,etc) in this new one?

and where i could send you the preliminary sketches?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ill do my best, I hope you can help me, it would be nice to show some appreciation.
If it doesn't end up working, you can still be added in the non-signing section, so don't get too worried about that.
Please please pleeeeease put me down in the signing signatures. Also, if you need other artists, I might want to help. Although it may not be likely depending on how to do it and what to do it on.

Also, if you are really concerned about Sakurai reading it, I suggest getting a proficient Japanese translator on board. This forum has a few people I can immediately think of who have Japan experience or extensive understanding of the language.
So should I or should I not put you down as an artist?

And I know someone. Don't worry.

:) i read it, and it is so sad to hear about his health condition....it was a great idea to make him a card! :3 So....i can draw the Characters that are from Smash, even the ones that are not confirmed yet (like Meta Knight, wolf, falco,etc) in this new one?

and where i could send you the preliminary sketches?
Any characters that are smash veterans who have not been cut before are eligible (Samus is okay, Mewtwo is not). Characters like Palutena and Bandana Waddle Dee are also eligible since they're from series of Sakurai's.

You may post he sketches in this thread or send them to me via a conversation. (Though do consider coloring them in. It would make them look nicest.)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will gladly sign this.

I know he will never see it. But on the off chance he does, I think it will make him smile. And after all the fun, he's given me, I feel like he deserves some too.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

If it doesn't end up working, you can still be added in the non-signing section, so don't get too worried about that.

So should I or should I not put you down as an artist?

And I know someone. Don't worry.

Any characters that are smash veterans who have not been cut before are eligible (Samus is okay, Mewtwo is not). Characters like Palutena and Bandana Waddle Dee are also eligible since they're from series of Sakurai's.

You may post he sketches in this thread or send them to me via a conversation. (Though do consider coloring them in. It would make them look nicest.)
Oh, i found an old Falco drawing on my FB page, it had Falco alonside Mordecai from Regular Show (i got Mordecai out), and I wish i could color it but, im not into digital coloring yet, maybe someone could color it for me?

1003149_472983129449928_996317894_n.jpg

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I will gladly sign this.

I know he will never see it. But on the off change he does, I think it will make him smile. And after all the fun, he's given me, I feel like he deserves some too.
Well, he has acknowledged artwork sent to him before a couple of times, so it's not an entirely hopeless cause. (You'll be added in a moment.)

Sign me up as a signer please! Great idea!
You'll be added momentarily.

Oh, i found an old Falco drawing on my FB page, it had Falco alonside Mordecai from Regular Show (i got Mordecai out), and I wish i could color it but, im not into digital coloring yet, maybe someone could color it for me?

View attachment 9774
That's really nice. If Falco scores high enough on the poll, I wouldn't be against adding this one even without the color.

Also, would you like to sign or be added to the non-signing supporters?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Oh wow, what a generous thing to do. Hoping this project goes well!

Signing supporter, please!

AndreaAC

Well, he has acknowledged artwork sent to him before a couple of times, so it's not an entirely hopeless cause. (You'll be added in a moment.)

You'll be added momentarily.

That's really nice. If Falco scores high enough on the poll, I wouldn't be against adding this one even without the color.

Also, would you like to sign or be added to the non-signing supporters?
hmm...im not sure....but i think i will be a non signing supporter ( since i do not have a nice sign yet...but if one of my drawings makes it into the card, it will be enough for me....)

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like a great cause, Sakurai deserves to know that his fans care about him every once and a while. I would be happy to be included as a signer, but I don't have a scanner. Would a good quality picture be fine? Or would a digital signature be better? I'll also take a shot at the art portion if a cartoony character gets voted in - I'm not too good with more realistic-looking characters.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Sounds like a great cause, Sakurai deserves to know that his fans care about him every once and a while. I would be happy to be included as a signer, but I don't have a scanner. Would a good quality picture be fine? Or would a digital signature be better? I'll also take a shot at the art portion if a cartoony character gets voted in - I'm not too good with more realistic-looking characters.
A digital signature would be great if you can provide it, actually.

You can take a look at the poll results that I posted. I doubt things will change too much before we start the art competition.

D

Deleted member

I would provide a signature but my scanner isn't working properly at the moment, so please put me down on the non-signers list for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
hmm...im not sure....but i think i will be a non signing supporter ( since i do not have a nice sign yet...but if one of my drawings makes it into the card, it will be enough for me....)
It's alright if your signature isn't great. Heck, look at my brother's.

I would provide a signature but my scanner isn't working properly at the moment, so put me on the non-signers list for now.
Tell me if you can get it at some point and I'll change it.

AndreaAC

It's alright if your signature isn't great. Heck, look at my brother's.

Tell me if you can get it at some point and I'll change it.
:3 aww...that sign is cute!

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Yep! I'll save that to my computer and it'll be added to the card when it's ready!
Great! And I think I'll give drawing one of those characters a try when the time comes. If nothing else I am somewhat capable of drawing a proportional Mario. Drawing one well? Ehh... I'll try. :p

-JerAd-

Smash Cadet
NNID
3ts.server
3DS FC
0344-9992-3060
Can i be a non-signer? I might enter the art contest. Any character from any game that sakurai was involved in, right?

AndreaAC

Here it is....it is not as cute as your brother's but i had to come up with it in minutes....i created it just for this....

SCAN0116.JPG

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I want to be in the non-signer section please. Thank you
Will do!
Can i be a non-signer? I might enter the art contest. Any character from any game that sakurai was involved in, right?
Any character in the poll that ranks highly. While characters like Chariot Master are technically being considered, there's practically no way some of them are going to make it.
Here it is....it is not as cute as your brother's but i had to come up with it in minutes....i created it just for this....

View attachment 9778
Wow is all I can say. Yikes. That's a nice signature. I'll be sure to honor it when I clean it up. Don't want to change too much.

AndreaAC

Wow is all I can say. Yikes. That's a nice signature. I'll be sure to honor it when I clean it up. Don't want to change too much.
Nah...really? it is not that great.... xD it looks really hand made...maybe it was the Lightning i put to it, i added it because i loved to see lightning storms (inside my house of course.... xD) and Thank you... :3

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm naturally up for this! I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread yet, but this seems like a really nice idea.

Obviously sign me up as an artist, Pacack and APC99!
Will you be signing, or would you like to be added to the non-signer's section? (Also, do read the entire thread eventually. I'm quite proud of it.)

Nah...really? it is not that great.... xD it looks really hand made...maybe it was the Lightning i put to it, i added it because i loved to see lightning storms (inside my house of course.... xD) and Thank you... :3
You're a better artist than you think you are. It's great.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
This is a really cool idea. Please add me to the list of signatures and as an artist.

NoPLo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoploSnowman
I really like this idea! I'd like to be added as a supporter and an artist. Here's a few examples of my work, just in case:

Top Bottom