• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Thank You Sakurai! Calling All Smash Fans and Artists! Under New Ownership!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
What a nice idea. I'm sure that Sakurai would love to receive something like this for all his hard work, especially when a lot of vocal people are constantly complaining about the game and begging for their favorite character. I'd like to be added to the non-signature list, if that's all right. I look forward to seeing this project grow and develop with time.

...I just hope Sakurai can actually read it...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Anybody who wants to spread the word for the proeject, please do.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I think we should also include the cut 5 from Melee to Brawl.
Well, we considered it, but we decided it would be better not to, since Sakurai has never acknowledged something with Mewtwo or Roy (who would be the only ones to get high enough on the polls to be considered) after they were cut, so I think he'd ignore our card if we included them.
What a nice idea. I'm sure that Sakurai would love to receive something like this for all his hard work, especially when a lot of vocal people are constantly complaining about the game and begging for their favorite character. I'd like to be added to the non-signature list, if that's all right. I look forward to seeing this project grow and develop with time.

...I just hope Sakurai can actually read it...
We're translating it into Japanese, don't worry. And you've been added.
Well I guess I'd go for Ness then if he keeps it up. He's pretty fun to draw too, even though I haven't drawn him about a few years now. ^^;
You can send us multiple pieces of artwork, but you're limited to one of each character. If you're up to it, you could do all three!

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Sign me up!

Also, I am willing to draw some Kirby characters, especially Gooey, and the Anime Trio (Tiff, Tuff, Escargoon)
VOTE FOR THE ANIME TRIO!
Remind Sakurai that we love the anime!

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Well, we considered it, but we decided it would be better not to, since Sakurai has never acknowledged something with Mewtwo or Roy (who would be the only ones to get high enough on the polls to be considered) after they were cut, so I think he'd ignore our card if we included them.

We're translating it into Japanese, don't worry. And you've been added.
Good point. I have a finished work of Mario. Should I post it here now, or wait for Phase 3?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Sign me up!

Also, I am willing to draw some Kirby characters, especially Gooey, and the Anime Trio (Tiff, Tuff, Escargoon)
VOTE FOR THE ANIME TRIO!
Signature or non-signature?

And we don't have anyone drawing Kirby himself yet, so you might want to do him too (since the anime guys aren't getting very high at all).
Good point. I have a finished work of Mario. Should I post it here now, or wait for Phase 3?
You may post it now. I'll go ahead and put it in the Art Gallery.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Post right ahead!

Sign me up!

VOTE FOR THE ANIME TRIO!
We do? I just remember the animation episode, that was rather strange.

I do love Spanish-speaking Meta Knight though...

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
great idea here, sakurai is a man who deserves a pat on the back for all he done,
wish i can do more, but all i'm able to do is a non-signature supporter,
you can use my username or my real name, kon

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Signature or non-signature?

And we don't have anyone drawing Kirby himself yet, so you might want to do him too (since the anime guys aren't getting very high at all).
Signature.

We do? I just remember the animation episode, that was rather strange.

I do love Spanish-speaking Meta Knight though...
Yes, we do.
Remember Ted Lewis as Dedede.
Remember the Spanish Mexico, who had a couple little Spanish-guitar notes played whenever he was first shown in the episode, even if it was in the least dramatic way possible, like seeing him on the couch watching TV.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Here's my Mario sketch.
[COLLAPSE=Mario]
Mario.png
[/COLLAPSE]

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Signature.

Yes, we do.
Remember Ted Lewis as Dedede.
Remember the Spanish Mexico, who had a couple little Spanish-guitar notes played whenever he was first shown in the episode, even if it was in the least dramatic way possible, like seeing him on the couch watching TV.
I'll put you down as an Artist and a signing supporter.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'll join on as a non-signer,
I like what you are doing here.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Wow; I didn't think this idea (apparently suggested in another Smashboards thread) would gain traction so quickly, but I'm glad that it's underway. Please add me to the "Non-Signing Supporters" section (utilizing my username, please); it's the least I can do for the individual who was instrumental in helping to make my favorite videogame series/franchise what it is today!

As for artists, maybe this artist could help? The image below is one of the pieces of artwork that I fondly remember from the Super Smash Bros. Brawl release era.. :)

Source: http://abysswolf.deviantart.com/art/Get-Ready-to-BRAWL-Fin-57207197

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If I may be so bold, I would like to be added to the signatures list.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm for signatures. I'd put in for art but I have no talent whatsoever.

Sakurai has made two of my favorite games of all time. I don't want him to work himself to death for the fans though I'm ecstatic about his enthusiasm

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'll join on as a non-signer,
I like what you are doing here.
Wow; I didn't think this idea (apparently suggested in another Smashboards thread) would gain traction so quickly, but I'm glad that it's underway. Please add me to the "Non-Signing Supporters" section (utilizing my username, please); it's the least I can do for the individual who was instrumental in helping to make my favorite videogame series/franchise what it is today!

As for artists, maybe this artist could help? The image below is one of the ones that I fondly remember from the Super Smash Bros. Brawl release era.. :)

Source: http://abysswolf.deviantart.com/art/Get-Ready-to-BRAWL-Fin-57207197
If I may be so bold, I would like to be added to the signatures list.
I'm for signatures. I'd put in for art but I have no talent whatsoever.

Sakurai has made two of my favorite games of all time. I don't want him to work himself to death for the fans though I'm ecstatic about his enthusiasm
Done.

I'll update with the newest poll results in a moment.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Great idea I support it.

Sakurai is my favourite developer I've ever heard due to how much passion he has while working on his games and also due to the fact that this is the person that I think showed the most of how much he understands the game industry (innovation and fun for the player should be prioritized). He made SSBM which was the most memorable game I've played this is because this game was my gate to the whole Nintendo universe and philosophy. Without playing this game, I may have not not enjoy video games as much as I do today.

I owe a lot of credits to this awesome person.

Sign me up (in the non signed area please).

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
I want to draw, but I have no idea how I should go about sending the artwork. I prefer to draw traditionally (pencil and paper) so how could I upload it to the Internet? Also, I'd like to sign, but I'm a noob with technology so I don't know how the scanning thing will work. :(

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Here's my drawing, I'll leave it here. Don't worry about the size of it by the way, it's easily resizable.
[COLLAPSE=Sonic]
[/COLLAPSE]

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I want to draw, but I have no idea how I should go about sending the artwork. I prefer to draw traditionally (pencil and paper) so how could I upload it to the Internet? Also, I'd like to sign, but I'm a noob with technology so I don't know how the scanning thing will work. :(
Well if you have a scanner at home than all you really need to do is place your drawing into the scanner and then open up a program such as Microsoft Paint or Photoshop, there's usually an option to scan your drawing from the scanner there. Such as "From scanner or camera".

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Do what I do. I draw the drawing first, but then I scan it and fix it up using Paint and such.

Or you can just take a picture of your drawing and edit it

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Here are the current poll results.

Super Smash Bros. Characters:

Mario 20
Luigi 14
Peach 9
Bowser 9
Donkey Kong 11
Diddy Kong 5
Yoshi 13
Wario 12
Link 16
Zelda 12
Ganondorf 9
Toon Link 7
Samus 14
Pit 16
Ice Climbers 8
R.O.B. 9
Kirby 19
Meta Knight 11
King Dedede 13
Captain Olimar 9
Fox 14
Falco 6
Wolf 6
Captain Falcon 15
Pikachu 15
Pokemon Trainer 6
Charizard 5
Ivysaur 5
Squirtle 5
Lucario 6
Jigglypuff 11
Marth 12
Ike 6
Ness 13
Lucas 5
Mr. Game and Watch 13
Snake 10
Sonic 17
Villager 14
Mega Man 16
Wii Fit Trainer 9
Rosalina 9
Little Mac 11
Master Hand 12
Crazy Hand 3
Sandbag 7
Primid 3
Taboo 3
Giga Bowser 2

Kirby Characters:
Bandana Waddle Dee 11
Gooey 9
Rick 5
Adeleine 5
Prince Fluff4
Generic Waddle Dee 2
Waddle Doo 5
Knuckle Joe 4
Scarfy 1
Chef Kawasaki 4
Galacta Knight 3
Escargoon 2
Tiff 2
Tuff 2

Kid Icarus Characters:

Palutena 19
Viridi 8
Magnus 5
Dark Pit 8
Medusa 6
Hades 12
Pandora (Default Form) 3
Pandora (Humanoid Form) 1
Thanatos 3
Pyrrhon 2
Phosphora 0
Chariot Master 0
Dyntos 0
Arlon 0
Hewdraw 0
Poseidon 1
Monoeye 2
Eggplant Wizard 8

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
If you have a scanner, use that to scan the art or signature to make it a PDF. When you have that, you can use an online PDF to JPG converter to turn it into an image I can use.
Here's my drawing, I'll leave it here. Don't worry about the size of it by the way, it's easily resizable.
[COLLAPSE=Sonic]
[/COLLAPSE]
I'll add it to the gallery.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
You made an error in the Art Gallery, SmasherMaster drew the Mario, not me.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I just realized something. We forgot to include Sheik and Zero Suit Samus on the poll.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
:3 here at your service! what do you want me to do?
First of all, I recommend you read the OP so you know what's going on. Essentially, we're making Sakurai a card, and I was wondering if you might draw Samus and maybe some other characters for the contest.

Top Bottom