• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DD: I'd say yes. It'd really help out with it's effectiveness, and make it an anywhere move. Just one thing: how is the game going to decide when to make it a counter and when to make it a stun? Or were you thinking of replacing stun with counter?
Also,regarding the problem with Disable being an infinite, I'd suggest just making the second Disable give knockback. Coding it to give knockback whenever there's stun should be easy, right? It'd fix the problem, and we could buff the knockback to make it a KO move at around 150%.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
@DD: I'd say yes. It'd really help out with it's effectiveness, and make it an anywhere move. Just one thing: how is the game going to decide when to make it a counter and when to make it a stun? Or were you thinking of replacing stun with counter?
Also,regarding the problem with Disable being an infinite, I'd suggest just making the second Disable give knockback. Coding it to give knockback whenever there's stun should be easy, right? It'd fix the problem, and we could buff the knockback to make it a KO move at around 150%.
No, like, Mewtwo would go into a "counter" stance, and if attacked, he will unleash disable, and get a free hit on the opponent. Otherwise he'll just sit there. This takes away its ability to lock opponents, and gives it a possible use.

The flipside is that I mess with a bunch of numbers until a frame speed mod for his endlag is found that will fit for all character's stun wake-ups, and still allow Mewtwo to attack without being punished, but can't lock the opponent in stun.

-DD

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Animations? No. Properties? Yes. FThrow? No.
-DD
Couldn't you look at the coding for Fox and Falco's U/DThrow? I believe the projectiles are the same as their B attacks, except pointed up/down. It would take a bit of trial and error, and a lot of time, but I assume we could get a proper FThrow working that way.

Then again, I could be wrong, since I have no clue how to work PSA. :laugh:
You skipped my idea. :( Well, just kidding.

I think it might be something to look into.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
From what I've seen:

- Needs to be floatier
- Needs other SFX for moves like teleport
- Remove aura effect from arms (look for graphic effect)
- Fix the jab, look into other .psa's and replicate information to make sure you can't cancel it out like that.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
thanks for your response DD! I think i misunderstood you or you misunderstood me for #10 (helplessness). I was just asking or suggesting after Up-b mewtwo would be unable to attack or jump again (helplessness, isnt that the word >.>). Yeah i know m2 had great recovery in melee. His recovery now would be extremely good too WITH helplessness. Without it ugh... abusive.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
You skipped my idea. :( Well, just kidding.

I think it might be something to look into.
I didn't skip it, I'm looking into it.
:p

From what I've seen:

- Needs to be floatier
- Needs other SFX for moves like teleport
- Remove aura effect from arms (look for graphic effect)
- Fix the jab, look into other .psa's and replicate information to make sure you can't cancel it out like that.
- Hes pretty **** floaty, unless you mean dies off the top faster and/or falls slower.
- I only have so much SFX available to me.
-The aura on his arms are part of the CLR0, which can't be touched with PSA.
-Don't give me updates based on the youtube video, especially old ones.
-DD

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I now have played with him. It's very Mewtwo'y! Here's my opinion on the moveset (I forgot about a few of the moves, sorry):

Jab- is perfect, it's just like the real M2.
Ftilt- Uhhhh... It's a decent ftilt, graphics are kinda weird, but w/e
Dtilt- Should have some more KB in general IMO, but keep it as the staple comboing move.
Uthrow- Slower and stronger, please.
Dthrow- Please make it like Melee's. It's pretty much useless.
Dsmash and Fsmash- Pefect, just dsmash doesn't do proper KB.
Usmash- Very nice!
Nair- I really like it, but I don't think it has a final hitbox when it ends in the air.
Fair- Great, just without the sound, it sounds so... weak.
Bair- I like it, just the animation doesn't really fit. (Not your fault)
Dair- Does it meteor? 'Cause I only got it hitting sideways...

That's all for now. Sorry if I sounded too *****y.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I now have played with him. It's very Mewtwo'y! Here's my opinion on the moveset (I forgot about a few of the moves, sorry):

Jab- is perfect, it's just like the real M2.
Ftilt- Uhhhh... It's a decent ftilt, graphics are kinda weird, but w/e
Dtilt- Should have some more KB in general IMO, but keep it as the staple comboing move.
Uthrow- Slower and stronger, please.
Dthrow- Please make it like Melee's. It's pretty much useless.
Dsmash and Fsmash- Pefect, just dsmash doesn't do proper KB.
Usmash- Very nice!
Nair- I really like it, but I don't think it has a final hitbox when it ends in the air.
Fair- Great, just without the sound, it sounds so... weak.
Bair- I like it, just the animation doesn't really fit. (Not your fault)
Dair- Does it meteor? 'Cause I only got it hitting sideways...

That's all for now. Sorry if I sounded too *****y.
:D This is what I like!
Jab- *Bows* Thank you, thank you!

Ftilt- Graphics are to show where the hitboxes are, because Lucario doesn't use his fzzking tail.

Dtilt- I was going to extend the range on this move by a bit, and have the tip give some inward KB, increase the rest of the moves KB.

Uthrow- Stronger, yes, slower, I can actually say yes now =D!

Dthrow-Yea, I thought I did it right but it got all wonky on me.

Dsmash and Fsmash- Thank you! I'll keep trying to make DSmash work.

Usmash- =D Thanks~

Nair- Yea, it has one on landing though. I'll add the final aerial hitbox back then @ 30~45 degrees.

Fair- :3 It is weak. I'll be buffing the damage output and adding the slashy sound.

Bair- T~T I'll look into other animations.

Dair- The tip of the toes meteor at a frame or two before or after[probably before] the sideways hitbox comes out. I was just trying to be creative.

-DD

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
wait... make U-throw more powerful!?! Seriously? It already kills 100-120%, it is extremely powerful! And if you make some changes i/we won't be able to get the early % combos from it ~_~

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Yeah uthrow is rather strong as it is. Then again, it WAS one of Mewtwo's super strong points in melee...this is a good example of a judgment call :D

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
wait... make U-throw more powerful!?! Seriously? It already kills 100-120%, it is extremely powerful! And if you make some changes i/we won't be able to get the early % combos from it ~_~
Learn to DI, or don't play/fight such light characters. I'm only talking about making it kill a few %s earlier, which should barely effect low % combos.

Yeah uthrow is rather strong as it is. Then again, it WAS one of Mewtwo's super strong points in melee...this is a good example of a judgment call :D
:3 I tend to make those.
-DD

EDIT:
Uploading a bunch of new videos where I fight against a rapetastic CPU Mewtwo!!

.WC.

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to fix the path of the Shadow Ball? In Melee, M2's Shadow Ball traveled in a more wavelike pattern, rather than straight.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Is it possible to fix the path of the Shadow Ball? In Melee, M2's Shadow Ball traveled in a more wavelike pattern, rather than straight.
This requires hex editing. PSA can't edit props(which include items and projectiles).

I love how this is turning out. I hope you get a perfect M2 texture, because the commonly used texture is way too bright. Or something. I think the colors just look washed out. :dizzy:

So you are looking into it....thanks! I'm happy to help in any way, even if my knowledge of the more technical aspects is very lacking. :laugh:

Just can't wait for the model hacks and clone engine....if the latter is ever finished.

EDIT: Well, the current texture looks decent enough. Still, it doesn't quite look like the Melee texture.

Hmmmm, if we were to buff aerials, I'd say only increase damage by maaaaaybe 2-3%, but don't increase knockback. Aerial combos is where Mewtwo will and does get all his damage racking.
-Dair should be his low percent aerial killer, since the spike hitbox extends maybe 1/4 of a Stage Builder block below his feet.
-Fair and Bair should start killing around 100-120%, so you can implement them into combos.
-Uair shouldn't really be a kill move. This is your move to start combos with, as it deals great hitstun, it's quick, it has almost zero landing lag if timed well, and it juggles ****-INGLY. I'd say nerf KB, buff damage by 1-2%.
-Nair seems to have been nerfed in effectiveness. It's harder to get all the sparks to connect than it was in Melee. The reason is that Mewtwo's first jump seems to be just slightly too short to get it to follow up UThrow at low percentages, and it's not worth to DJ for. To fix this, I'd say either just eeever so sliiiightly boost M2's first jump, or, again, find out a way to make aerials give a slight boost if used at the peak of a jump.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
It should be killing people at 120% to 140% (fast fallers) with GOOD DI. Jigglypuff at like 95%.

Just give it low base, high growth.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hmmmm, if we were to buff aerials, I'd say only increase damage by maaaaaybe 2-3%, but don't increase knockback. Aerial combos is where Mewtwo will and does get all his damage racking.
-Dair should be his low percent aerial killer, since the spike hitbox extends maybe 1/4 of a Stage Builder block below his feet.
-Fair and Bair should start killing around 100-120%, so you can implement them into combos.
-Uair shouldn't really be a kill move. This is your move to start combos with, as it deals great hitstun, it's quick, it has almost zero landing lag if timed well, and it juggles ****-INGLY. I'd say nerf KB, buff damage by 1-2%.
-Nair seems to have been nerfed in effectiveness. It's harder to get all the sparks to connect than it was in Melee. The reason is that Mewtwo's first jump seems to be just slightly too short to get it to follow up UThrow at low percentages, and it's not worth to DJ for. To fix this, I'd say either just eeever so sliiiightly boost M2's first jump, or, again, find out a way to make aerials give a slight boost if used at the peak of a jump.
Everything you said I basically agree with, except NAir.

NAir is really different from Melee NAir. Melee NAir had fewer, slower hits. Brawl's NAir is faster and there are like, 2x as many, so buffing the damage output probably won't happen by anything less than .5%.

KB Reduction I'll probably do and make a final flash of 4 hitboxes expel the opponent like I had before, but this time it will be divided into 4 that won't launch vertical.

I'll leave Mewtwo's jumps alone, they're fine as is, and I'll look into making the "extend" part of the jump happen, I think I know how to do it using the current system!

It should be killing people at 120% to 140% (fast fallers) with GOOD DI. Jigglypuff at like 95%.

Just give it low base, high growth.
This.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well that's cute. *Blames Roy for starting it*.

@Popo speed isn't something I can fix, unless frame speed mods do effect how fast he travels. His full jump is just enough to get him onto the first platform of Battlefield, it isn't that high.

If its higher, I have no idea why and I'll readjust it. Again.
-DD

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Camelot found a way to change frame speeds with PSA. Check out the newest Roy .pac if you don't believe me (not on OP, on the last page posted by Wander I think) XD

Wait....
So this thread could be closed?
Well, then it's a good thing I thought ahead. Ahem.....

I'm thinking of starting a website that could serve as a temporary home to PSA Character Boards. The host is good, and it lets you setup a SWF-esque website. But it's free, so it could be a little un-top-notch. We could create Boards for discussion of Mewtwo, Roy, etc. Possible legality discussion, metagame, updates, etc. Intelligent posters here might be made mods, as could anyone who steps it up there. But just because it won't be SWF doesn't mean the standards will be lower. We're gonna have to take it seriously in order to be taken seriously. Anyone interested in this project can either VM or PM me.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Wait....
So this thread could be closed?
Well, then it's a good thing I thought ahead. Ahem.....

I'm thinking of starting a website that could serve as a temporary home to PSA Character Boards. The host is good, and it lets you setup a SWF-esque website. But it's free, so it could be a little un-top-notch. We could create Boards for discussion of Mewtwo, Roy, etc. Possible legality discussion, metagame, updates, etc. Intelligent posters here might be made mods, as could anyone who steps it up there. But just because it won't be SWF doesn't mean the standards will be lower. We're gonna have to take it seriously in order to be taken seriously. Anyone interested in this project can either VM or PM me.
There's Kitty Corp's boards.

Jerome

Smash Apprentice
I was upset that JigglyPuff's smash attacks seem stronger than Mewtwo's smash attacks. But, I don't mind Mewtwo being a light weight.

Mewtwo,s stats

Power 7/10
Weight 3/10
Reach 9/10
Throws 10/10
Speed 7/10
Recovery 9/10
Projectile 8/10
Final Smash 7/10

If mewtwo has these stats he would be A tier material right?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I was upset that JigglyPuff's smash attacks seem stronger than Mewtwo's smash attacks. But, I don't mind Mewtwo being a light weight.

Mewtwo,s stats

Power 7/10
Weight 3/10
Reach 9/10
Throws 10/10
Speed 7/10
Recovery 9/10
Projectile 8/10
Final Smash 7/10

If mewtwo has these stats he would be A tier material right?
>_> LOL? Wow.

I'm looking more like...

Power 6/10
Weight 6/10
Reach 6/10
Throws 8/10
Speed(Ground) 5/10
Speed(Air) 8/10
Recovery 10/10
Projectile 7/10
Final Smash 10/10 <---Because it doesn't matter.

o.O I don't need him to be A Tier, just a playable balanced character.

The way you have his allocation makes him a little towards the broken side.

-DD

Jerome

Smash Apprentice
>_> LOL? Wow.

I'm looking more like...

Power 6/10
Weight 6/10
Reach 6/10
Throws 8/10
Speed(Ground) 5/10
Speed(Air) 8/10
Recovery 10/10
Projectile 7/10
Final Smash 10/10 <---Because it doesn't matter.

o.O I don't need him to be A Tier, just a playable balanced character.

The way you have his allocation makes him a little towards the broken side.

-DD
I made his stats like that cause, he is Mewtwo! He needs to be on the broken side. Besides the way they made him in Melee he needs to make an epic return in SSB4!

netrunui

Smash Cadet
I agree with Jerome partially. I don't think mewtwo should be another mario, but not too broken either.

in summary make mewtwo better than melee and a very appealing character without making a metaknight 2.0

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Up Air is a little too strong and a little too quick and a little too broken.

Other than that, I didn't notice enough from the 10 or so matched I used Mewtwo with to really give decent balance comments... but UAir was a little... too good.

At least for regular Brawl anyway.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Jerome partially. I don't think mewtwo should be another mario, but not too broken either.

in summary make mewtwo better than melee and a very appealing character without making a metaknight 2.0
Agreed indeed :D

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I made his stats like that cause, he is Mewtwo! He needs to be on the broken side. Besides the way they made him in Melee he needs to make an epic return in SSB4!
>_>;;
the way they made him in Melee he needs to make an epic return in SSB4!
>_____>;;
epic return in SSB4!
>___________>;;
>______________________>;;

HHYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

SSB4? Wtf? Wrong topic son.

Up Air is a little too strong and a little too quick and a little too broken.

Other than that, I didn't notice enough from the 10 or so matched I used Mewtwo with to really give decent balance comments... but UAir was a little... too good.

At least for regular Brawl anyway.
Yea, noted and fixed for next release.

Also, with that stat spread I gave him, he is better than mario, but not broken. Mario is 5's/6's across the board, a very even character, where Mewtwo pushes the extremes on lots of levels, but isn't lacking too much in anything. Ground speed is his worst attribute, and that is avoided by using teleport!

-DD

BlazeKnight

Smash Cadet
Hey Guys I resently Recorded all of Roy's Voice Clips From Melee with My Capture Device and Converted them to WAV Format and I was Wondering If You Guys wanted me to do the same for mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom