• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well I do plan on making some big surprises (even for DD) so just wait.
Uhh...I'm not a huge fan of surprises, but I trust you.
So I'll look forward to it.

Down B: Darnkess Explosion Barrier (Wind up surrounding Darkness Blast, TINY sweetspot, remainder is a reflector)? Idk I personally wanna see some explosion of Darkness on this Mewtwo lol
This is what I've been toying with for a Final Smash for a while, except a larger version.

-DD

taronmcgee

Smash Apprentice
i live in the 2D world well me and MrG@W That is
When we decide to release a next version, either it will be another beta, or the Final one.
-If it is Allah's willing.-

EDIT: Alright:

CALLING DD, DS22, AGFP, and yours truly.
Each of us tries to do their best to make Mewtwo... Mewtwo.
So yeah, again sorry to sound bossy, but it's the best way to go now.
LINK:
The Awesome Link of Awesomeness.
:)
I GOTTA GET THIS .lol havent been on in a while and i get back on and there 2 new pages of new ideas for moves more people helping then i see this. the ideas i heard was great too
well of to play test mewtwo out for myself :)

edit: hmmm waay to many smiles faces...i fixd it...
Edit2 so i tested him out and his alooooooot better but um for sum reason when i do down b mewtwo gose into his T-stands and cant be hit so hes stuck
other from that its good...oh and he has a fairy...lol nah one of the aura balls on his hand is not on his had just flots around him and act weird when doing sum moves(like just pushing down )oh and side b doseent do anything...

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Good!
I will start here so.....

That down-B Isn't the Melee One..... :(
Some of my Movesets Work in This Motion Pack :D

I will Give to you the Model Later ;D
My down B is good, but I'll try that explosion idea now.

Uhh...I'm not a huge fan of surprises, but I trust you.
So I'll look forward to it.

This is what I've been toying with for a Final Smash for a while, except a larger version.

-DD
Thanks!
How's your progress?
I've done quite a few things right now, and I'm still fixing the knockback, if you didn't notice, Shadow Ball and Up Throw are a little broken.

Fen__

Smash Ace
What's with the suggestions of things that aren't actual moves? I think most people would prefer to keep it to actual moves and only ones that make sense with Mewtwo (psychic moves).

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
What's with the suggestions of things that aren't actual moves? I think most people would prefer to keep it to actual moves and only ones that make sense with Mewtwo (psychic moves).
You're talking about the Pokemon RPG game..
And I don't wanna go further..
Uhh... Actually it's because Mewtwo's Down B and Side B just suck, and we wanna change them with something better.
And something that is "Psychic" is not easy to put into Brawl as I do not think of having every move to grab my opponent.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Why aren't you making his downB like the one in melée? It's simple enough to make psa-wise. I know there's a flag that you can put on hitboxes that make your opponet go into the dizzy state, like in melée. I just can't remember it off the top of my head.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I need to get some sleep tonight, I work a 10 hour shift in the morning, so I'll try to get more done tomorrow night.

Looking good though!
-DD

DarkXehanort

Smash Rookie
Why aren't you making his downB like the one in melée? It's simple enough to make psa-wise. I know there's a flag that you can put on hitboxes that make your opponet go into the dizzy state, like in melée. I just can't remember it off the top of my head.
They've already accomplished that in a previous version. The thing is, like in Melee, it's just a horrible move which is why there's discussion of replacing it.

The only time I've ever used it was in combination with a fully charged Shadow Ball.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
okie imma start on the animation for down b and side b. What move has already been decided PSA wise? i dont wanna make a cool animation and not have it fit with the PSA.

For the bair do you want it to be the same as melee? Or do i get some creative freedom?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
okie imma start on the animation for down b and side b. What move has already been decided PSA wise? i dont wanna make a cool animation and not have it fit with the PSA.

For the bair do you want it to be the same as melee? Or do i get some creative freedom?
I'd like his BAir to be as similar as possible. I know the animation probably won't work out, but if you could get a similar timing and feel to it, that works just fine.

Side B will be a barrier/reflect kinda deal. I'm probably going to make a "wall" using the double team distortion graphic or something similar.

We did. How it works in Melee can't be recreated. There is no way to balance it easily with our given toolset, so we're just abandoning what is essentially a useless move anyways.

-DD

Matteron

Smash Ace
So, I've been looking at Mewtwo's rpg moves and came up with some side and down B's that should be easy to make.
Please note that all these are actual moves that can be learned, none of this is created.

Swift - Side B
A multiple hit attack, Mewtwo shoots star effects out of his hand, each hit should do 1-3 damage total of 8-10 hits. I do understand this is an easily spammable move, so I would recommend adding a short recover time, so that if the player tries to spam, the foe can get away.

Psycho Cut - Side B
A single hit attack, mewtwo swings his hand and creates a blade made from psychic energy which causes 12 damage on the graphical blade, and 14 damage and higher knock back on the sweet spot, which is the hand. This attack should be quick, but again, add some recover time, but very little on this one, just enough so you can't repeatedly use to quickly rack up damage.

Recover - Down B
Restores Mewtwo's hp by 100%
Now I understand you think this is crazy, but I figured out a way to balance it. Simply give it a long start up time where you can get hit, so it can basically only be used when you kill your opponent. And if it is still over powered give a huge recovery time too, so you can use it even less.

Barrier - Down B
This should be more of a quick draw attack, like the Fire Emblem character's counter move, all it does is simply block an opponent's attack, nothing else. The move make a shield around the character, you should use the shield effect for it.

Now, those were level up moves, I'm going to start going into Tm/HM's, and because Mewtwo can learn every TM, I'm going to be rational.

Toxic - Side or Down B
Mewtwo intoxicates the opponent, or in simpler word, he give them the flower thing on their head.

Light Screen/Reflect - Down B
This is similar to barrier, except, instead of completely surrounding mewtwo, it makes a wall of light in front of him and it reflects projectiles, also, unlike the barrier, this attack can be held as long as you want, except after about 5 seconds, you begin to take damage or not either way.

Protect - Down B
Like Barrier except it gives Mewtwo super armor for a second.

Double Team - Down B
I'm serious, bring back lucario's counter, it worked, so why not.

Energy Ball - Side B
Similar to shadow ball, except it is green, can not be charged, and is small, but it deals 20-35 damage.

Flash - Side or Down B
Makes the opponent trip or turn around, or something...

Zen Headbutt - Side B
Creates a small explosion of energy around mewtwo's head, energy deals 10 damages, ears and small parts of head deal 14 damage little knock back, and forehead deals 20 damage and large amount of knock back, imagine charizard's rock smash attack.

Signal Beam - Side B
Shoots a small beam of light, similar to rob's laser.

Magic Coat - Down B
Another barrier move that eliminates knock back, but he still takes damage.

Alright, I'm done, those are my ideas and good luck!

SonicTHDark

Smash Cadet
How about making Mewtwo's down b that psychic attack that pushed all of the scientists away at the beginning of the first pokémon movie?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I just tried to turn on my computer and it wont turn on, stupid HP dosnt know how to fix their own computers.

EDIT: I'll still try to find a way to make some animations to get this thing finished. I'll borrow a laptop for a day or somthing

draco494

Smash Rookie
1st let me say that you guy's work has given me a new reason to play the game so THANK YOU for all the work.
But i've tried like 40 times to download the fitmotionpac for the beta version of this latest mewtwo and its not letting me download it...idk wut the problem is

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
How about making Mewtwo's down b that psychic attack that pushed all of the scientists away at the beginning of the first pokémon movie?
that would be awesome it could be an attack which main point is pushing them back but does a good amount of damage with a blue circle effect

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
for the newest psa there are some weird things, crouch animation is really weird and d tilt doesn't work, neither does d air, the teleport thing with the ledge doesn't always work right (i was on delfino), and his roll goes too far and slides too much
edit: also all air attacks bring you down in a strange way

taronmcgee

Smash Apprentice
i live in the 2D world well me and MrG@W That is
for the newest psa there are some weird things, crouch animation is really weird and d tilt doesn't work, neither does d air, the teleport thing with the ledge doesn't always work right (i was on delfino), and his roll goes too far and slides too much
down air works, only n air bring u down...

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
We did. How it works in Melee can't be recreated. There is no way to balance it easily with our given toolset, so we're just abandoning what is essentially a useless move anyways.

-DD
You could always make a fighter.pac injection ;)

ALSO, I'm offering to help code fthrow if need-be, since I kinda already have the code sitting here... :p

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
WARNING: MOTHERLORD POST!
So, I've been looking at Mewtwo's rpg moves and came up with some side and down B's that should be easy to make.
Please note that all these are actual moves that can be learned, none of this is created.

Swift - Side B
A multiple hit attack, Mewtwo shoots star effects out of his hand, each hit should do 1-3 damage total of 8-10 hits. I do understand this is an easily spammable move, so I would recommend adding a short recover time, so that if the player tries to spam, the foe can get away.

Psycho Cut - Side B
A single hit attack, mewtwo swings his hand and creates a blade made from psychic energy which causes 12 damage on the graphical blade, and 14 damage and higher knock back on the sweet spot, which is the hand. This attack should be quick, but again, add some recover time, but very little on this one, just enough so you can't repeatedly use to quickly rack up damage.

Recover - Down B
Restores Mewtwo's hp by 100%
Now I understand you think this is crazy, but I figured out a way to balance it. Simply give it a long start up time where you can get hit, so it can basically only be used when you kill your opponent. And if it is still over powered give a huge recovery time too, so you can use it even less.

Barrier - Down B
This should be more of a quick draw attack, like the Fire Emblem character's counter move, all it does is simply block an opponent's attack, nothing else. The move make a shield around the character, you should use the shield effect for it.

Now, those were level up moves, I'm going to start going into Tm/HM's, and because Mewtwo can learn every TM, I'm going to be rational.

Toxic - Side or Down B
Mewtwo intoxicates the opponent, or in simpler word, he give them the flower thing on their head.

Light Screen/Reflect - Down B
This is similar to barrier, except, instead of completely surrounding mewtwo, it makes a wall of light in front of him and it reflects projectiles, also, unlike the barrier, this attack can be held as long as you want, except after about 5 seconds, you begin to take damage or not either way.

Protect - Down B
Like Barrier except it gives Mewtwo super armor for a second.

Double Team - Down B
I'm serious, bring back lucario's counter, it worked, so why not.

Energy Ball - Side B
Similar to shadow ball, except it is green, can not be charged, and is small, but it deals 20-35 damage.

Flash - Side or Down B
Makes the opponent trip or turn around, or something...

Zen Headbutt - Side B
Creates a small explosion of energy around mewtwo's head, energy deals 10 damages, ears and small parts of head deal 14 damage little knock back, and forehead deals 20 damage and large amount of knock back, imagine charizard's rock smash attack.

Signal Beam - Side B
Shoots a small beam of light, similar to rob's laser.

Magic Coat - Down B
Another barrier move that eliminates knock back, but he still takes damage.

Alright, I'm done, those are my ideas and good luck!
Patience mate... Patience...

Can you add the Lloyd sound effects to the one with everything?(Roy, Zero etc.)
Actually, these too call SFX are my voice, unless you didn't guess it yet xD.
And sorry I already said that this is a test version...

That would be broken no?

I just tried to turn on my computer and it wont turn on, stupid HP dosnt know how to fix their own computers.

EDIT: I'll still try to find a way to make some animations to get this thing finished. I'll borrow a laptop for a day or somthing
I feel sorry for ya. And please do your best while you can.

1st let me say that you guy's work has given me a new reason to play the game so THANK YOU for all the work.
But i've tried like 40 times to download the fitmotionpac for the beta version of this latest mewtwo and its not letting me download it...idk wut the problem is
You mean the test one I posted a short while ago? It works fine.

that would be awesome it could be an attack which main point is pushing them back but does a good amount of damage with a blue circle effect
Naaaaaaaaaaah.

Isnt it supose to be, 4 real attacks and 1 fake one?
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

I couldn't get a better crouch.. I'll try to import from other chars. -if it is Allah's willing.-
I know all the tilts suck, I've tried many times to make good animations but kept failing, so I skipped them for now.
Dair is basically the same thing, except it might just be easier to make.
Delfino you say? Hmm...
NOTE: Anything that slides too much/goes far CAN be fixed with a simple "Set Momentum", which is Event E080200, I had two moves that annoyed me with the momentum and fixed them, Up Smash while dashing, and Up B, as you can see now Up B is faster, it was supposed to be faster AND makes you go way up in the air.
The fall animation? But it looks like in melee... Only it needs some tail movement IMO.

down air works, only n air bring u down...
Really? Might aswell fix that.

You could always make a fighter.pac injection ;)

ALSO, I'm offering to help code fthrow if need-be, since I kinda already have the code sitting here... :p
Cool, please do it.
I did it once but Idk what happened and forgot what to do.

Motherlord post ended.

EDIT: Currently looking for a crouch animation among other chars.
Falco's crouch seems to be fitting... If it is then I shall fix it -if it is Allah's willing.-
EDITEDIT: It's not working, I have to fix my own crouch animation.

ds22

Smash Lord
Side-B doesn't work anymore, at all.
Down-B goes into T-Pose because you forgot to add the animations for it.
Down tilt doesn't hit.
Down air hits to late.
Up air doesn't always hit (weird located hitbox or to late).
The animation for Attack12 (or Attack100) looks weird when closed up.

That are the cons I have so far.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Side-B doesn't work anymore, at all.
Down-B goes into T-Pose because you forgot to add the animations for it.
Down tilt doesn't hit.
Down air hits to late.
Up air doesn't always hit (weird located hitbox or to late).
The animation for Attack12 (or Attack100) looks weird when closed up.

That are the cons I have so far.
I'm going through the animations once again, I'll fix anything that has to be fixed -if it is Allah's willing.-
Don't worry, I made a new Down B, while DD is making Side B, but now I have to think of a Down B Air...
Down tilt, F Tilt, and Up tilt will NOT be fixed until I find new animations for them, or make ones myself.
Down Air will be fixed animation and PSA wise -if it is Allah's willing-.
As well as the Attack12.

Good advice for tail stuff: If you wanna make the tail straight, go to TailJb and input Rotation Z as 0 instead of -23.
Oh and I also noticed, Mewtwo's Dair hits with his foot in melee.. Not his tail.
Maybe I can modify Lucario's Dair to match them? Lucario has many kick moves BTW.

ds22

Smash Lord
I see why the Down tilt doesn't hit at all.
You screwed up with the timers (terminate collisions and allow interrupt are called up way to soon).
(Also, 999th post)

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
I see why the Down tilt doesn't hit at all.
You screwed up with the timers (terminate collisions and allow interrupt are called up way to soon).
(Also, 999th post)
Cool, I see that you fixed it now.
I made three new animations, Up tilt, Down tilt, and UAir, I'm gonna try to make Side tilt, which is most annoying...
Congrats on 999 posts :p
BTW, I'm scaling the TailBaseN Bone to 1.2 on the X on tail animations, it looks way better like that.

EDIT: Ooooh a good base for the Side tilt.
EDITEDIT: I made the sidetilt, but it's not as perfect, though it's good.
So now I need the Bair.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
(POST 1000 ALERT)
You might as well use this as base then:
http://www.mediafire.com/?q9qhreh595351wq
http://www.mediafire.com/?hzh57c5kvxm3o5d
It has most of the problems I mentioned fixed.
Ok then, I'll check them and mix between my stuff and yours.

EDIT: Hmm... I don't see why you removed the TransN movement in the Dash attack and replaced it with Momentum in the PSA.. But I know you have a good reason.

EDIT: I'm done with that. I really hope I could find the subroutine that has the glowing thing when aura sphere is charged, I wanna change it into Darkness effects around his hand.

ds22

Smash Lord
Ok then, I'll check them and mix between my stuff and yours.

EDIT: Hmm... I don't see why you removed the TransN movement in the Dash attack and replaced it with Momentum in the PSA.. But I know you have a good reason.

EDIT: I'm done with that. I really hope I could find the subroutine that has the glowing thing when aura sphere is charged, I wanna change it into Darkness effects around his hand.
To stop the out reached sliding it caused.
EDIT: Does your version of Roy's announcer call sound good?

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
ok the biggest thing with sliding too far is it goes longer then his invincibility frames do for it, and is it possible to fix his f throw like it was before

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
alrighty, I'm about 30% done the bair. but wont be able to test it in game, so it may look good in brawl box but it might look poopy in game.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
K I sent the bair animation to ya, lemme know what you think and if i should make anymore animations.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
The tail is so wonky to work with but i'm doing my best 40% done.
You can scale it to make it better. It works well like that for me.
Guys, anyone that is making UAir, Dair, Utilt or Ftilt should stop now cause I made some awesome ones.
Uair was made perfectly, Dair was out of randomness, but seemed to work 1000% better than I thought, also matches the hitboxes perfectly as a bonus :) .
Ftilt should be slowed down lots (Yayz for frame speed mod :p ), and Utilt should also be slowed down.
I also completed the Up B 100%, even the graphic effects.
Nuetral B is also 100% completed, and the surprise I'm gonna have is mostly based on it (Don't get your hopes up for a wiggly Shadow Ball guys.)
K I sent the bair animation to ya, lemme know what you think and if i should make anymore animations.
EPIC!!! Why don't you make more animations for us? If you have time PLEASE do it! :)
It looks so original! I'm gonna use the frame speed mod in this too though.
Choose any animation you don't like and see if you can make it.
we especially need the Taunt and Win animations, so if you could do that, it would be awesome.

Also since we are near to the final version, I will -if it is Allah's willing- make textures and stuff.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
ya it is a little slow, did you want his tail to grow a little when the attack is used? like when mario does his fair his hand grows like 2x as big.

I couldnt really tell in the video i saw if his tail grew at all.

I guess i shall work on Ftilt now. Do you want ftilt / utilt to be the same as melee aswell?

Also can have the most up to date motion.pac? so i can see if any animations need tweaking.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
I'm about to upload the tweaks that I just did to dtilt, dthrow, and of course the fthrow.
Awesome, thanks!

ya it is a little slow, did you want his tail to grow a little when the attack is used? like when mario does his fair his hand grows like 2x as big.

I couldnt really tell in the video i saw if his tail grew at all.

I guess i shall work on Ftilt now. Do you want ftilt / utilt to be the same as melee aswell?

Also can have the most up to date motion.pac? so i can see if any animations need tweaking.
I'm gonna upload the second test version which has this file you want -if it is Allah's willing.-

Oh and I do know that his tail doesn't grow, but when you make it's X scale 1.2, it'll replace the con of having only 3 moving bones on the tail.
I can't really explain how it will be but it'll be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom