• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
BigShark, is there any way to adjust the vertex hack of the tail to better line up with the tail bones and then adjust the bone translations more in the animations to lengthen out the tail again?

I've been looking into a lot of animations, and the movement capabilities of the tail are somewhat limited. Furthermore, setting up hitboxes would be infinitely easier with bones that match the model. Hurtboxes are also tied to bones, so unless they match up then he's going to have some seriously disjointed tail attacks Like... more than Ike's sword worth of disjoint, and much faster.

If the finalized vertex hack looks good and the tail bones can be adjusted then I'll start doing animations when I get time... Marth Side-B 3rd Down hit makes an okay base for D-smash, and Zard F-tilt could be a good base for F-tilt. If you copy the first frame from another lucario move it'll copy over the appropriate bone translations and then you don't have to do that by hand. Basically, you no longer have to limit yourself to animations from similarly sized characters.

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
Building animations in Brawlbox is tedious and boring =3=;;
-DD
Yes Is True!!!
:dizzy:
:psycho:
:eek:
:crazy:
:mewtwo:!!!!!!!

Which animation are you Building?

Also,
I take a More Detailed Look at The last Mewtwo PSA (The One that ds22 Fixed)

And I Don't Like That Mewtwo :ohwell: It looks like the Mewtwo Beta 4.4a, It is Really.....Heavy!!! :mad:
So how can I edit this? :confused: I will Make him More Like in Melee :bee:
and I can see too That The Grab Attack Doesn't Works :eek: (Needs a New Fix :psycho: )

And I Need Your Opinion:

The New Forward-Smash Makes 17% of Damage, and If you Charge it the attack Makes 27%, and It doesn't have much Knock-back!

My Original PSA's Forward-Smash Makes 27% of Damage, and If you Charge it, The Attack Makes 37% I has the Knock-Back From Melee!!!

What do you Think?
Which will be The F-Smash That all ways will be in The FitLucario.pac?

My Melee One?
or
The ''Fixed'' One?

Note: I will Edit the Moveset of the Down-Smash To make Him Like in Melee!! (FitLucario.Pac and FitLucarioMotionEtc.pac) :chuckle:

Reply DarkDraagon PLS :)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yes Is True!!!
:dizzy:
:psycho:
:eek:
:crazy:
:mewtwo:!!!!!!!

Which animation are you Building?

Also,
I take a More Detailed Look at The last Mewtwo PSA (The One that ds22 Fixed)

And I Don't Like That Mewtwo :ohwell: It looks like the Mewtwo Beta 4.4a, It is Really.....Heavy!!! :mad:
So how can I edit this? :confused: I will Make him More Like in Melee :bee:
and I can see too That The Grab Attack Doesn't Works :eek: (Needs a New Fix :psycho: )

And I Need Your Opinion:

The New Forward-Smash Makes 17% of Damage, and If you Charge it the attack Makes 27%, and It doesn't have much Knock-back!

My Original PSA's Forward-Smash Makes 27% of Damage, and If you Charge it, The Attack Makes 37% I has the Knock-Back From Melee!!!

What do you Think?
Which will be The F-Smash That all ways will be in The FitLucario.pac?

My Melee One?
or
The ''Fixed'' One?

Note: I will Edit the Moveset of the Down-Smash To make Him Like in Melee!! (FitLucario.Pac and FitLucarioMotionEtc.pac) :chuckle:

Reply DarkDraagon PLS :)
Well, the damage and stuff doesn't really matter right now, I just want all the animations done. I'm working on UTilt/UAir right now, and if you're going to work on Mewtwo's animations or something[this goes for everyone], then I request you use this new "sorted" version of Mewtwo.

:D Click me~

It is exactly the same as DS22's in action, but all of the animation labels are put back to their proper names.

Doesn't have the animations I'm working on added to it yet though.
-DD

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
BigSharkZ, when you are online, read this:

Might be a pretty good idea.
It is a good idea, I've never thought about that! One thing..though. I edited his ears twice (First time looked better, but I changed it because of this reason), but in-game, they don't show the same. The head is larger for some reason, and the ears are INSIDE his body, which is pretty weird. Here are the 2nd values I put for the ears, jaw, and head.

HeadNa

Translation:
X: 0
Y: 0.633515
Z: 0

Rotation:
Y: 0

Scale:
X: 1
Y: 1
Z: 1.1

JawNa:

Translation:
Y: 0.23419
Z: 0.781741

Rotation:
X: -0.023015

Scale:
Y: 1.3
Z: 0.7

LEarNaa

Translation:
X: 0.6745749
Y: 1.436016
Z: 0.027791

Rotation:
X: 90
Y: 25
Z: 60

Scale:
X: 1.4
Y: 0.8

REarNaa

Translation:
X: -0.7745749
Y: 1.53601
Z: 0.127791

Rotation:
X: -90
Y: -25
Z: -60

Scale:

Of course, it doesn't look perfect because of the head isn't vertex hacked yet, and this was my 2nd attempt. I preferred the first one, to be honest. Feel free to change anything if you want to. If you test it in-game, it doesn't work well.

Like DarkDraagon Saids (>_> Well you're supposed to play using the entire kit. You'd have to find Register's original Lucario Textures.
-DD)
Because of that the FitLucarioMotionEtc.pac and the FitLucario.pac where Created, to support all those Errors!!!
Don't Worry :)
They Will Be Fixed in the Future!!
:bee:
Actually, it's because I deleted some of the polygons, so, if you use it on Lucario only, you will notice that his head is dissapearing sometimes. That's why you need the FitMotionEtc file in order to play with it normally, or, you could just export the vertices and put them on a Normal Lucario.

BigShark, is there any way to adjust the vertex hack of the tail to better line up with the tail bones and then adjust the bone translations more in the animations to lengthen out the tail again?

I've been looking into a lot of animations, and the movement capabilities of the tail are somewhat limited. Furthermore, setting up hitboxes would be infinitely easier with bones that match the model. Hurtboxes are also tied to bones, so unless they match up then he's going to have some seriously disjointed tail attacks Like... more than Ike's sword worth of disjoint, and much faster.

If the finalized vertex hack looks good and the tail bones can be adjusted then I'll start doing animations when I get time... Marth Side-B 3rd Down hit makes an okay base for D-smash, and Zard F-tilt could be a good base for F-tilt. If you copy the first frame from another lucario move it'll copy over the appropriate bone translations and then you don't have to do that by hand. Basically, you no longer have to limit yourself to animations from similarly sized characters.
Well, I was basing myself on the artwork picture, and I liked how the tail moved in-game. Lucario's tail is pretty weird to begin with, so making the tail fit like that would just mess it up. Of course, I could always scale it more in 3ds Max, but I thought it was already big to begin with.

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
the tail is big. if you could only turn the ears.....
wait, jumping on my last suggestion cant you just add bones? i mean add bones to where lucarios old bones are, exactly where they are, and move the real lucarios's bones? i know you cant move the added bones, but if you place them in the spot where the moveable bones are...?

ds22

Smash Lord
It is a good idea, I've never thought about that! One thing..though. I edited his ears twice (First time looked better, but I changed it because of this reason), but in-game, they don't show the same. The head is larger for some reason, and the ears are INSIDE his body, which is pretty weird. Here are the 2nd values I put for the ears, jaw, and head.

HeadNa

Translation:
Y: 0.633515

Rotation:

Scale:
Y: 1
Z: 1.1

JawNa:

Translation:
Y: 0.23419
Z: 0.781741

Rotation:
X: -0.023015

Scale:
Y: 1.3

LEarNaa

Translation:
X: 0.6745749
Y: 1.436016
Z: 0.027791

Rotation:
X: 90
Y: 25
Z: 60

Scale:

REarNaa

Translation:
X: -0.7745749
Y: 1.53601
Z: 0.127791

Rotation:
X: -90
Y: -25
Z: -60

Scale:

Of course, it doesn't look perfect because of the head isn't vertex hacked yet, and this was my 2nd attempt. I preferred the first one, to be honest. Feel free to change anything if you want to. If you test it in-game, it doesn't work well.
Fiddled around with some values and got this:

EDIT: Try editing this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zm30rdhwvzi
And see if you can try getting it to look more like Mewtwo.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
DarkDragoon.. I thought you wanted to get rid of the (More damage on Mewtwo more power) thingy.. Why didn't you edit the Shadow Ball to make it the same for all 8 Offensive collisions? Or are you gonna do that later? You should also look for the Knockback of Shadow Ball like I told you before (I thought you knew xD).
Anyways, I can help you with some animation/attack stuff, just ask. Sorry, busy schedule.. :(
EDIT: I used 64 BKB and 35 KBG and I didn't test it but it seems fair enough.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
BSZ, the Tail is great. The only problem I have with it is trying to get it to move where I want it to sometimes. You probably can't add a functioning bone for it, but if you can, please do~ It will make stuff like the tail whips much easier to make/better looking.

DarkDragoon.. I thought you wanted to get rid of the (More damage on Mewtwo more power) thingy.. Why didn't you edit the Shadow Ball to make it the same for all 8 Offensive collisions? Or are you gonna do that later? You should also look for the Knockback of Shadow Ball like I told you before (I thought you knew xD).
Anyways, I can help you with some animation/attack stuff, just ask. Sorry, busy schedule.. :(
EDIT: I used 64 BKB and 35 KBG and I didn't test it but it seems fair enough.
Yeah, I was going to do that today. I didn't get much done yesterday because I'm pretty busy too. xD

-DD

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
Well, the damage and stuff doesn't really matter right now, I just want all the animations done. I'm working on UTilt/UAir right now, and if you're going to work on Mewtwo's animations or something[this goes for everyone], then I request you use this new "sorted" version of Mewtwo.

:D Click me~

It is exactly the same as DS22's in action, but all of the animation labels are put back to their proper names.

Doesn't have the animations I'm working on added to it yet though.
-DD
OK, I will Start Here!!

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
BSZ, the Tail is great. The only problem I have with it is trying to get it to move where I want it to sometimes. You probably can't add a functioning bone for it, but if you can, please do~ It will make stuff like the tail whips much easier to make/better looking.-DD
Sorry, I don't think I could do that. :/

that is BEAST

but you guys gotta do something about the dreadlocks. it looks to muck like lucarios
Thanks, and that is not the dreadlock, but 7/9 POINTS that I took from his head to make it. Sadly, I don't feel like re-making the whole body just to get one dreadlock, so I did it from his head, even though it lacks vertex points.

Also, thanks for the model, DS22, I'll mess with it later.

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
Read this DarkDraagon:

I will be Making or Swamping some movesets for Mewtwo To make them more like the Original (Melee)
I will send you the Fixed version on Saturday
Because:
Between Today and Tomorrow I will be working on the PSA and In Thursday I will Work on The MotionEtc.pac
In Friday I will Fix some things (Fit.pac and FitMotionEtc.pac)
Note: I will be Offline those Days!

AGFP :)

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
ds22, could you post a shot from the front? And any way that those ears can go backwards any more?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Read this DarkDraagon:

I will be Making or Swamping some movesets for Mewtwo To make them more like the Original (Melee)
I will send you the Fixed version on Saturday
Because:
Between Today and Tomorrow I will be working on the PSA and In Thursday I will Work on The MotionEtc.pac
In Friday I will Fix some things (Fit.pac and FitMotionEtc.pac)
Note: I will be Offline those Days!

AGFP :)
Uhhhhh, okiedokie then.
-DD

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
I wonder if you guys would ever change the graphic effect on Down Special, to three stars like Mewtwo.. Also, The wait after it is too long that one can't even attack the opponent on time.
And Side B.. I think it Should stun your opponent and then send him to the ground, or anything that's like Mewtwo (I'm not saying I don't like it).
(Please keep in mind, I haven't tested it yet, but after seeing the videos I realized this.)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I wonder if you guys would ever change the graphic effect on Down Special, to three stars like Mewtwo.. Also, The wait after it is too long that one can't even attack the opponent on time.
And Side B.. I think it Should stun your opponent and then send him to the ground, or anything that's like Mewtwo (I'm not saying I don't like it).
(Please keep in mind, I haven't tested it yet, but after seeing the videos I realized this.)
Well, I still want to scrap his DownSpecial and create an all-new one. It is pretty much impossible to make it work like Melee's, and making it the same means making it a sucky move, and if we buff it in any way it becomes an instant free-kill move.

So I am literally going to just get rid of it as soon as I get other things out of the way, unless someone else figures out how to make it work without breaking it.

I like the SideB though. Tripping the opponent is pretty cool/my idea.
-DD

netrunui

Smash Cadet
If a new down-B is in question (even though these discussions were months ago) have you thought of making his bubble from pokemon the movie, possibly a deflector from all sides, like gardevoir's

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
I like the current sideB
you can use the trip into a quick attack
in one of the movesets sideB-->dsmash worked
what I do hate is the dair being Lucario's
I hope that is being changed

anyway this is awesome, whatever you decide to do
this gives me a reason to check smashboards daily>_>

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Like Lucas's down smash?
If a new down-B is in question (even though these discussions were months ago) have you thought of making his bubble from pokemon the movie, possibly a deflector from all sides, like gardevoir's
I'm juggling 2 ideas for a new Down Special.
Offensive - Psyshock. - Windbox in, similar to grounded NAir around Mewtwo.
Defensive - Bubble/Darkness Shield. - Windbox out, Invincibility, long cooldown.

what I do hate is the dair being Lucario's
I hope that is being changed
It is. I plan to have it be so he flips over and shoot them with a blast of energy.

ds22

Smash Lord
I'm in favor of Psyshock as Down-B.
For the simple reason that Mewtwo (in my opinion) needs a bit more offensive Specials (2 in this case, Shadow Ball and Psyshock).

ds22

Smash Lord
To bad just can't rip the head from the Mewtwo trophy and put it on Mew(cario)two's body.
Wait, if we can get Mewtwo's head from Melee with one bone in it and ask RandomTBush to convert (if possible) it like he did with Bill's hat and then get it in similar to how Roy's hair is done (I know Lucario doesn't have a sword glow, but he has those hand aura's) to replace his head.
Just a idea I got (a bit hard and totally unnecessarily to do, but I'm just stating it).
Or we could ask -BigSharkZ- for the values he used to get the perfect Mewtwo head, asfor I have read he's taking a break.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
How was Tail's head put on Sonic's body? Is that method possible here, BigShark?

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
I fixed the DownB, it's way better now, just stuns your opponent, and you can do anything after it does, but I think it's quite "Spammable".
I also changed every single Graphic 52 into Graphic 61, It's WAY better with that.
I'll try to make the Standard A more perfect than it is now.. I mean just look at it.. UAir also needs to be changed.
I have lots of free time tomorrow, and I'm sure you guys have the same.
Bye!

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
when i tried to do the mewtwo announcer call i had to replace it in the iso and use usb loader to load it but for some reason it just gave a white screen at the intro video, would it be because i screwed up or because it wouldn't work with iso replacement (idk why it would) but if it can work is it alright on this forum to upload the smashbros sound file with the voice hack?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
''I will be offline all those days''
Sorry I have to talk!!! :flame:

Its true that you will Replace Down-Special with a New Down-Special Attack? :mad:

Reply DD
Well, I want to replace it, because Mewtwo's Disable is just a terrible move, which as Ace is finding out now, as I did many months ago, will never work.

Because we can't put them in the same state as Melee's disable did, we have 2 choices:

1) Make disable incredibly broken. Mewtwo can do any attack after disabling the opponent, because we shorten the cooldown by a lot.

2) Make disable incredibly useless. Mewtwo can't begin to do anything after a successful hit, because of a long cooldown, and either both the opponent and Mewtwo get out at similar times, or Mewtwo gets punished.

It simply isn't good. Plus, a new move can make Mewtwo much more bad-***. Especially if we make it "teleport-cancel".
-DD

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
I need your Opinion Mewtwo Fans!!

Well, I want to replace it, because Mewtwo's Disable is just a terrible move, which as Ace is finding out now, as I did many months ago, will never work.

Because we can't put them in the same state as Melee's disable did, we have 2 choices:

1) Make disable incredibly broken. Mewtwo can do any attack after disabling the opponent, because we shorten the cooldown by a lot.

2) Make disable incredibly useless. Mewtwo can't begin to do anything after a successful hit, because of a long cooldown, and either both the opponent and Mewtwo get out at similar times, or Mewtwo gets punished.

It simply isn't good. Plus, a new move can make Mewtwo much more bad-***. Especially if we make it "teleport-cancel".
-DD
..........I have a New Idea :colorful:

What do you think if we make 2 Versions of Mewtwo? :bee:

The Melee Version :bee:
and
The Brawled Version :bee:

The Melee one:
Contains the Original Mewtwo's Movesets from Melee (We conserve the Actual Down-B)

The M Brawled Version:
Contains New Mewtwo Movesets (Like the New Down-B)

Reply DD :)

Edit: Its just an Idea!

Photos

Smash Journeyman
hey, for the side-b, why not just keep the attack, but make it reflective? and then down-b, i have no idea except for the melee move.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
..........I have a New Idea :colorful:

What do you think if we make 2 Versions of Mewtwo? :bee:

The Melee Version :bee:
and
The Brawled Version :bee:

The Melee one:
Contains the Original Mewtwo's Movesets from Melee (We conserve the Actual Down-B)

The M Brawled Version:
Contains New Mewtwo Movesets (Like the New Down-B)

Reply DD :)
DOIT!!!
10doits

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
[Project Mewtwo]

-[Credits]-

Tri-Bow - Making the first topic.
SuSa - Worked on new Mewtwo properties.
Bobson - Coding guy!
DragonRage - Touch up work and Research guy!
IndigoFenix - Cool guy posting the invisibility boolean.
TheEnigmaIsBroken - Joining forces to make a better Mewtwo!
OniKage - :D SPECIAL THANKS! Picking up the project and making some minor updates while I was busy with college junk.
DarkDragoon - Head Honcho!
-BigSharkZ- - Awesome vertex/texture/animation hacks and download package!

If I'm missing someone, lemme know!

Hey, You Forget me :bee:

Note: (Question)
Can you Give to Mewtwo the Jab3 Attack from this Video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Q88LM3bYY
That Jab3 looks Better than the Actual Jab3!!
So, can you give to Mewtwo the Same effect from that Jab3?
Reply DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom