• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
That sounds good (what kind of sound effect?).
The Announcer call. Hearing "LUCARIO!" would just plain suck. :p

Also, I'm finally done! I made ALL the portrats (CSS (ASF1ink and Normal Brawl), Wi-Fi and replay icon, etc.

I'm going to test is everything is working as it should, then release if it's working properly. :p

Edit: Hmm, it froze when I pressed on him. The only files I recently changed were the MotionEtc file you gave me, and the portraits. I'll try without your MotionEtc file. Are you sure it's working?

ds22

Smash Lord
The Announcer call. Hearing "LUCARIO!" would just plain suck. :p

Also, I'm finally done! I made ALL the portrats (CSS (ASF1ink and Normal Brawl), Wi-Fi and replay icon, etc.

I'm going to test is everything is working as it should, then release if it's working properly. :p
I have to say though, in the FitMotionEtc.pac I forgot to fix the ThrowB and ThrowLw animation.
Also, I already made a Mewtwo Narration call, but I hope yours will sound better.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I have to say though, in the FitMotionEtc.pac I forgot to fix the ThrowB and ThrowLw animation.
Also, I already made a Mewtwo Narration call, but I hope yours will sound better.
Oh, and you'll see soon.

Also, it froze when I pressed on him. The only files I recently changed were the MotionEtc file you gave me, and the portraits. I'll try without your MotionEtc file. Are you sure it's working?

Edit: Froze again without your file..

Hmm, it could be all the portraits I added, but which one makes it freeze in the CSS?

2nd edit: Haha. I fail..I was using a glitched PSA edit I made, which I forgot to remove. Will try again.

ds22

Smash Lord
Oh, and you'll see soon.

Also, it froze when I pressed on him. The only files I recently changed were the MotionEtc file you gave me, and the portraits. I'll try without your MotionEtc file. Are you sure it's working?

Edit: Froze again without your file..

Hmm, it could be all the portraits I added, but which one makes it freeze in the CSS?
That's probably it.
Maybe your Common5.pac is to big.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Alright..gotten a bit far on the road. I removed the glitched PSA and I successfully chose him, but when I chose the stage, it froze. That means it's either his in-game portrait + name (Some people said that editing the in-game name freezes), or the MotionEtc file.

ds22

Smash Lord
Alright..gotten a bit far on the road. I removed the glitched PSA and I successfully chose him, but when I chose the stage, it froze. That means it's either his in-game portrait + name (Some people said that editing the in-game name freezes), or the MotionEtc file.
Probably the name as for I didn't get a freeze when using the FitMotionEtc.pac.
Maybe, just maybe, it's caused by something else you edited (like the Wi-Fi picture of text).

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Probably the name as for I didn't get a freeze when using the FitMotionEtc.pac.
Maybe, just maybe, it's caused by something else you edited (like the Wi-Fi picture of text).
I'm going to test without the name, but I doubt it's the Wi-Fi icon's fault, it doesn't even load when you play offline.

ds22

Smash Lord
I'm going to test without the name, but I doubt it's the Wi-Fi icon's fault, it doesn't even load when you play offline.
Try it, I say.
When I edited the info.pac for training, it also froze, even though it was in normal size.
It could also be the that little icon (the little face) which can cause freezes (and this is indeed possible).
When I tried to use a self made Roy icon, the game also froze.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Try it, I say.
When I edited the info.pac for training, it also froze, even though it was in normal size.
It could also be the that little icon (the little face) which can cause freezes (and this is indeed possible).
When I tried to use a self made Roy icon, the game also froze.
Hmm, it still froze. I'll remove the in-game portraits as well.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
File Size Limit my friend (391kb for info.pac and up to 11.711kb for Common5.pac).
Common5.pac isn't the problem, I didn't edit it recently. I even removed the portraits and it still froze. What could be causing this? I also know it's not the stock icons, because they worked before.

ds22

Smash Lord
Common5.pac isn't the problem, I didn't edit it recently. I even removed the portraits and it still froze. What could be causing this? I also know it's not the stock icons, because they worked before.
You have backups from before you added the extra files for Mewtwo?
Then you can add the stuff in pieces to see which file is the problem file.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
You have backups from before you added the extra files for Mewtwo?
Then you can add the stuff in pieces to see which file is the problem file.
Oh, not really, but I could try removing each file I edited recently, and those are: mu_menumain_en.pac, MenSelchrFaceB320.brres, InfFace321.brres, InfFace322.brres, InfFace323.brres, InfFace324.brres, InfFace325.brres and info_en.pac, FitLucarioMotionEtc.pac.

I removed: Info_en.pac, in-game portraits.

ds22

Smash Lord
Oh, not really, but I could try removing each file I edited recently, and those are: mu_menumain_en.pac, MenSelchrFaceB320.brres, InfFace321.brres, InfFace322.brres, InfFace323.brres, InfFace324.brres, InfFace325.brres and info_en.pac, FitLucarioMotionEtc.pac.

I removed: Info_en.pac, in-game portraits.
I can probably guess which one is the problem file:
mu_menumain_en.pac (I think at least)

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I can probably guess which one is the problem file:
mu_menumain_en.pac (I think at least)
That's the one I was thinking, too. I'll give you news about it. Also, someone confirmed that it works without any portraits or names. Just the Lucario files.

Edit: Now what the heck? It froze again..

ds22

Smash Lord
That's the one I was thinking, too. I'll give you news about it. Also, someone confirmed that it works without any portraits or names. Just the Lucario files.
Good news atleast.
EDIT: -_-
I have a idea.
If you PM me Mewtwo to see if it freezes in combination with the FitMotionEtc.pac and the files I use.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Good news atleast.
Well, it still froze, and the last files remaining are MenSelchrFaceB320.brres and common5_en.pac.

Edit: Hmm, I will after this. It would be stupid if that was the problem, haha. I would have removed everything for nothing.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Ok then.
Oh...man, this is really annoying. It froze after removing the MotionEtc file and the the Results screen portraits, but this time, it froze after loading for 5 seconds, instead of freezing instantly.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Is your Brawl dying on you?
Seriously, what could be the problem?
I seriously have no idea..

*thinks*

The only file left would be the common5_en.pac, which has the stock icons. It doesn't freeze when I'm in the CSS, though, and it didn't freeze before with the stock icons.. The LAST thing I'm gonna do is remove all of Lucario's files, to see if it has anything to do with that (I doubt it).

I'll PM you my package.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
OR maybe you're having the same problem as me and some of your stages are freezing on you out of nowhere D:

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Model worked well, only some things lag a bit.
And against DK was horrible.
How did you delete the head polygons?
It lags because it tries to load the deleted polygon, I thought you had fixed that? I deleted them in hex.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
If it slows down the game when you fight against DK and the effects won't show up while this doesn't happen when I used the model I downloaded from KC-MM, then the model is the problem of the lag and maybe other issues.
Oh..I see. I thought you meant something else.

Edit: WORKS! The problem was common5.pac, it might have been the stock icons. Now, I'm gonna test the other portraits to know if they work. Also, it looks like Lucario does not lag when you hit him, but it still lags when his eyes close (The model isn't there still).

2nd edit: The portraits in-game and the results screen portraits work. I'll be testing more things.

ds22

Smash Lord
Oh..I see. I thought you meant something else.

Edit: WORKS! The problem was common5.pac, it might have been the stock icons. Now, I'm gonna test the other portraits to know if they work. Also, it looks like Lucario does not lag when you hit him, but it still lags when his eyes close (The model isn't there still).

2nd edit: The portraits in-game and the results screen portraits work. I'll be testing more things.
I got rid of the lag and DK glitch.
Turns out you deleted part of the header of some polygons which shouldn't have been deleted.
EDIT: Still have the DK glitch.
maybe I forgot something (so sleepy)...

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I got rid of the lag and DK glitch.
Turns out you deleted part of the header of some polygons which shouldn't have been deleted.
EDIT: Still have the DK glitch.
maybe I forgot something (so sleepy)...
Hmm, that's strange. And I removed them in hex in another way, not the traditional one. Stickman found a quicker way and it works.

So when can we expect a release?
Well, as you can see, we're encountering a few problems, but pretty soon. I would say by midnight maximum? That's if I don't stop fixing the current problems.

ds22

Smash Lord
Hmm, that's strange. And I removed them in hex in another way, not the traditional one. Stickman found a quicker way and it works.
The polygons you deleted, all of them have headers which are partially deleted, when they shouldn't have been (had the same problem when deleting Naruto's Kunai).
EDIT: send you a PM.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Oh, good news, everything's working now, including the common5.pac! I just used the original file and put my stuff back in, except the stock icons (Removing them still failed). Also, thanks for the model! I'll apply it to all my textures. God, this took forever.

Edit: Oh, one thing, though. When his eyes are closed, only polygon 32 is shown, so you only see his eyes and nose. Is there a way to combine it with polygon 34? If not, we could just make it polygon 34 as well.

D1337

Smash Apprentice
Oooh a motion.pac I will check it out!

lol despite that its unfinished it was really fun to use. I like his Fair the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom