• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
how much time? almost a year? I am just wondering because would like to try and add :younglinkmelee: on my own... (then again... it would take years because of school :/)
actually adding characters is much easier then you think.... tho i think lucina and pichu were specifically made for this project, tho you can add any character that is cloneable to the menu, follow this tutorial:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0

the most pain staking part is adding the CSP's and cosmetics, its not hard just really tedious.

also we are very close to 3.5! we have sucessfully added clones to it. but the game freezes when you air dodge. going to try removing the melee airdodge code and see if the updated one is whats giving us issues. we will keep you posted.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
actually adding characters is much easier then you think.... tho i think lucina and pichu were specifically made for this project, tho you can add any character that is cloneable to the menu, follow this tutorial:

the most pain staking part is adding the CSP's and cosmetics, its not hard just really tedious.

also we are very close to 3.5! we have sucessfully added clones to it. but the game freezes when you air dodge. going to try removing the melee airdodge code and see if the updated one is whats giving us issues. we will keep you posted.
Excellent to hear this progress! Very exciting stuff, especially with it coming along all at once!

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace

Ok! and why are CSP's a pain? just adding them?

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
Ok! and why are CSP's a pain? just adding them?
its a bit more complicated then just replacing images, you need to add them to the common5/sc_selchar.pac then have to edit the animation data to show those new images are part of the menu now. its pretty simple and straight forward for the most part, just takes a while to do since everything has to be named correctly. i'll link another tutorial for that too.

Ohh and another thing is you must add ALL cosmetic data if you do that or they freeze, that means icon, name, csp, battle portraits and result portraits. by default they use their clones cosmetics (EX a link clone would share links CSP's)

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=73298.msg1333077;boardseen#new

just follow those steps and you will be fine. another thing i should mention is when adding CSP and result portaits and stuff, look at the original character, import costume images in the same order, or they will not be synched up (example blue costume is actually red in game)

like i said tedious, but not hard if your good at following instructions.

Excellent to hear this progress! Very exciting stuff, especially with it coming along all at once!
Yep trying to have it ready by wednesday night. Sirks is off work till then and she's free to work on the codelist.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New GCT for you guys to test. Specifically the air dodge is hopefully fixed, (we can't test it ourselves do to some complications)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/j9nbcabzp9ucxp7/RSBE01(DIYBeta2.3).gct

Let us know of any errors and we will try to get them fixed.

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
its a bit more complicated then just replacing images, you need to add them to the common5/sc_selchar.pac then have to edit the animation data to show those new images are part of the menu now. its pretty simple and straight forward for the most part, just takes a while to do since everything has to be named correctly. i'll link another tutorial for that too.

Ohh and another thing is you must add ALL cosmetic data if you do that or they freeze, that means icon, name, csp, battle portraits and result portraits. by default they use their clones cosmetics (EX a link clone would share links CSP's)

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=73298.msg1333077;boardseen#new

just follow those steps and you will be fine. another thing i should mention is when adding CSP and result portaits and stuff, look at the original character, import costume images in the same order, or they will not be synched up (example blue costume is actually red in game)

like i said tedious, but not hard if your good at following instructions.
It does sound hard... I will try. Thx again

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
the BeX GCT is ready i think. air dodging no longer freezes, there is also reported a freeze at the results screen, tho i think that's due to config files and not code. we had a similar problem for a while when we edited brawl minus for BeX where it froze at the results screen.

feel free to use the GCT for this project. tho please credit Sirkura for decrypting it and removing/adding codes. she worked hard on it for several months.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/j9nbcabzp9ucxp7/RSBE01(DIYBeta2.3).gct

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
So, will this project work with 3.5 now?
Still trying to make it stable but yes ^^ it will now. i'm experiencing random crashes on dolphin at the results screen, but so far characters, clones, stages, special modes and such work, stamina... is a bit glitched >.> but not game breaking.

Basic clones added at the end (roy/mewtwo respectively, no cosmetics added, too lazy)

stamina mode, damage ratio is supposed to control the different settings.(i think)

editing them shows no effect.

when you lose a stock and respawn you have 0 hp in stamina 'till you are hit.

Lastly we are experiencing rather random freezes at the results screen, sometimes it works sometimes not.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Still trying to make it stable but yes ^^ it will now. i'm experiencing random crashes on dolphin at the results screen, but so far characters, clones, stages, special modes and such work, stamina... is a bit glitched >.> but not game breaking.

Basic clones added at the end (roy/mewtwo respectively, no cosmetics added, too lazy)

stamina mode, damage ratio is supposed to control the different settings.(i think)

editing them shows no effect.

when you lose a stock and respawn you have 0 hp in stamina 'till you are hit.

Lastly we are experiencing rather random freezes at the results screen, sometimes it works sometimes not.
After the completion of Project D.I.Y's GCT codeset, there will be more information on this Mod's direction, as well as its current state of development. We thank each and everyone of you for your patience, and the team from Project D.I.Y. for keeping us all posted on their critical developments. Keep on the forums to hear more from us soon!

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
this is a quote thought people would like to hear. as you know the stamina mode is "glitched" actually its not! the common2 file holds some of the "rules" settings. while we thought it was the damage index, its actually the stage choice setting that changes the modes. its an easy fix, i'll post a patched common2 file soon to fix it.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
this is a quote thought people would like to hear. as you know the stamina mode is "glitched" actually its not! the common2 file holds some of the "rules" settings. while we thought it was the damage index, its actually the stage choice setting that changes the modes. its an easy fix, i'll post a patched common2 file soon to fix it.
Umm... this is kinda off-topic here, but... will there be a complete pack of PM DIY 2 or do we need to use the old files with the new gct? and do you know if someone's reinsertung all the PM 3.5 content via BrawlEx/gct?

Also, @ SmashAmass SmashAmass
Is your Lucina any different from the v2 on the Vault? If she's different/balanced (her recovery is just... too much), can you post the fitlucina.pac separately? I want to test her, but I can't download the complete build (or anything from GoogleDrive) right now.

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
Umm... this is kinda off-topic here, but... will there be a complete pack of PM DIY 2 or do we need to use the old files with the new gct? and do you know if someone's reinsertung all the PM 3.5 content via BrawlEx/gct?

Is your Lucina any different from the v2 on the Vault? If she's different/balanced (her recovery is just... too much), can you post the fitlucina.pac separately? I want to test her, but I can't download the complete build (or anything from GoogleDrive) right now.
me and sirkura are in the process of adding all the PM cosmetics, its not to hard we are just making sure the GCT is stable first. we are modifying the 3.5 files to be compatible. i think we kinked out all the freezes, so we are going to start working on the common files and configs,

you can keep up with our progress in the DiY thread. unbound is pretty much in the same position as them till we find out how the new codeset reads and what files are changed,

Last edited:

NXero

Smash Apprentice
me and sirkura are in the process of adding all the PM cosmetics, its not to hard we are just making sure the GCT is stable first. we are modifying the 3.5 files to be compatible. i think we kinked out all the freezes, so we are going to start working on the common files and configs,

you can keep up with our progress in the DiY thread. unbound is pretty much in the same position as them till we find out how the new codeset reads and what files are changed,
That's what I wanted to hear, can't wait! And I know about that thread, but for some reason I can't register on KCMM (I never get the confirmation e-mail)

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640

Well, there is a seperate build for Beta Testers, but I don't believe you're on the Beta program. If you're willing to wait, I guarantee there will be all sorts of changes made when we release Build 0.4. I will announce more detail on that later, but if you'd like, you could always apply for the Beta Program! If you applied via Jasgx, I don't believe it got properly sorted out, so you can simply add me onto that chat, and we can get things sorted out.

Last edited:

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Well, there is a seperate build for Beta Testers, but I don't believe you're on the Beta program. If you're willing to wait, I guarantee there will be all sorts of changes made when we release Build 0.4. I will announce more detail on that later, but if you'd like, you could always apply for the Beta Program! If you applied via Jasgx, I don't believe it got properly sorted out, so you can simply add me onto that chat, and we can get things sorted out.
Nah, I didn't submit an application. I only wanted to know if she was different, because I didn't like her previous version. I'm glad to hear she's getting fixed though, I can wait until the build is finished.

Also, just a suggestion, but someone should fix the OP and the website (or remove it). They feel kind of... amateurish at best (downright horrible in the website's case >_>) pls don't hate me!

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Nah, I didn't submit an application. I only wanted to know if she was different, because I didn't like her previous version. I'm glad to hear she's getting fixed though, I can wait until the build is finished.

Also, just a suggestion, but someone should fix the OP and the website (or remove it). They feel kind of... amateurish at best (downright horrible in the website's case >_>) pls don't hate me!
No hate at all. Due to some complications in the backroom, a lot of changes will be made in these departments (or removed overall, if need be). Again, more details later, but I'm glad you brought those up.

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
No hate at all. Due to some complications in the backroom, a lot of changes will be made in these departments (or removed overall, if need be). Again, more details later, but I'm glad you brought those up.
Just curious, when we finish the base build for PM, what are the goals for unbound? i know obviously characters, any other major edits or code changes?

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Just curious, when we finish the base build for PM, what are the goals for unbound? i know obviously characters, any other major edits or code changes?
While I can't be specific yet, our first goal will be porting over to 3.5 (obviously). After that, some of the changes will include: Redesigning characters, tweaking cosmetics, adding more characters, and so on and so forth. We still will keep the ideology of retaining Project M as the base, by simply adding more to it. There will be other changes, but that's for another time.

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
While I can't be specific yet, our first goal will be porting over to 3.5 (obviously). After that, some of the changes will include: Redesigning characters, tweaking cosmetics, adding more characters, and so on and so forth. We still will keep the ideology of retaining Project M as the base, by simply adding more to it. There will be other changes, but that's for another time.
ah so mostly psa and aesthetic changes? me, sirkura, and a user that wishes to remain anonymous are designing a new special mode. we got the codes ready just need to instance them over a special mode now. you may use them in your project if you like it. anyway we replaced misc 11 in common2 and it caused the EX clones to lose cosmetics (freezing icons with a grey box) looking into it.

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
ah so mostly psa and aesthetic changes? me, sirkura, and a user that wishes to remain anonymous are designing a new special mode. we got the codes ready just need to instance them over a special mode now. you may use them in your project if you like it. anyway we replaced misc 11 in common2 and it caused the EX clones to lose cosmetics (freezing icons with a grey box) looking into it.
I was also messing around with misc 11 as well and got the same result. I looked into the common2.pac for BEX and found Section [7], which is absent in the normal file. The best way to get a functioning common2.pac is to reapply the BEX changes to the PM common2.pac, like with the CSS, but unfortunately, I don't know what else was changed with the file other than the new "Section [7]".

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
the PM team must have a way to open those files if the texture files are in it. brawlbox doesn't seem to be able to open them, not sure why.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Any special hints?? :seuss:

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
the PM team must have a way to open those files if the texture files are in it. brawlbox doesn't seem to be able to open them, not sure why.
Well, I just figured it out. The additional Stamina Mode textures are located in common5>sc_selcharacter2>MenuRule_>Model Data>Textures, titled "MenMainRule00font.09" (Stamina Type) and "MenMainRule03sel04" (Type 1-5). Common2.pac is essentially a bunch of hooks telling the game what to do with the files, for instance, "if special mode is stamina, use textures W and Z instead of X and Y". Now Ima gonna open a hex editor and try to find the changes between files, then try to patch the PM file, like I stated in my other post.

EDIT: Ugh, my head hurts... according to my hex editor that has a handy-dandy compare function, the sora_melee.rel in both the vBrawl and PM common2's are identical. I... I don't even know... I'll come up with a common2 file after I test it. Shouldn't be too long.

EDIT2: Tested my "Patched" common2 (PM one that uses BEX sora_melee), solves absolutely nothing, still has Stage Pick instead of Stamina Type. It has to be sora_melee, but the files are identical?! What is this?! I'm gonna take a break now. *falls out of chair onto floor and foams from the mouth, slightly twitching*

Last edited:

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
BLEH! laptop screen broke, not sure how. got an annoying white stripe that won't go away. not sure when i'll be able to get it fixed.

TheGamerKidTy

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone! Ty here, the creator of Project M DIY!

I have been very busy lately with school and crap but the update should hopefully be done by the end of this week.
This means the update for Project M Unbound should be coming soon as well! (Hopefully)

Remember Amass: If you need me, message me on KItty Corp. I'll help in any way I can!

See ya soon!

Last edited:

brotankfrank

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to say thanks for all the effort you guys put into this. I check this and the DIY thread everyday and am dying for the update for both so i can start a custom build and enjoy unbound with my friends. I wish i could help but I'm pretty inexperienced with this stuff. Thanks again!

p.s

You guys should add Skull Kid, Ridley, Shadow, Knuckles, Tails, VIllager, Megaman, Zero, Viewtiful Joe, Rayman, Bomberman, FIerce Deity Link, Waluigi, Dark Samus, King K Rool, Tails, and any other smash 4 characters :D

Top Bottom