• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

Sonicjamareiz

Smash Apprentice
I have some questions: Exactly what does the current public release feature? Do you launch it like standard project m? What version of project m does this version use? Sorry if this questions have been adressed before, its just that I cant seem to get clear information on this topics anywhere else.
same process and its 3.0 the current version adds 5 additional characters shadow, pichu, lucina waluigi and ridley.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I have some questions: Exactly what does the current public release feature? Do you launch it like standard project m? What version of project m does this version use? Sorry if this questions have been adressed before, its just that I cant seem to get clear information on this topics anywhere else.
I'll answer to the best of my abilities:
1. The current public release (0.3) offers Lucina and Pichu as additional characters by using the BrawlEX as an engine base. No more was added that was not already in Project M 3.02
2. Somewhat. It depends on the method used before PM 3.5. The only difference is if you have trouble booting it up from the Gecko Launcher, you would have to change the hooktype to AXNextFrame in the Options Menu.
3. Unfortunately, we are still on 3.02, but if any updates are made to 3.5, we will certainly make notice of it.

It's perfectly fine, a lot of work is still being done to try and carry over the project to the next level. More plans are being discussed to change the project further, but sadly there is no official word of change being made. Any updates will be posted in the forum, so if something seems unclear, be sure to let us know.

same process and its 3.0 the current version adds 5 additional characters shadow, pichu, lucina waluigi and ridley.
Not exactly, as the characters you are mentioning were from a far older build. It still runs off the same engine base, but the PSA characters used in this build are not modified and balanced further from the Unbound Team.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I'm just saying dude, I don't see a point in working on a PM mod at all if you're working on an outdated version.
All the PSA's that we're working on are using 3.5's PSA's as a base.

Only things that aren't there are the GCT related stuff. In other words, stuff that most of us can't really control. We're waiting to get it.

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
This is an AMAZING project m. Love it! but there are a few bugs on here. I cannot face master hand in classic when playing as Lucina for the first time and me and my brother cannot play subspace anymore. Help would be nice, thx. But still, I love this project m version and Keep up the good work.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
This is an AMAZING project m. Love it! but there are a few bugs on here. I cannot face master hand in classic when playing as Lucina for the first time and me and my brother cannot play subspace anymore. Help would be nice, thx. But still, I love this project m version and Keep up the good work.
The Subspace issue will most likely be resolved once the codebank is moved over to PM 3.5. As for Master Hand, that is most likely an issue with the clone engine that may be resolved in due time. If any patches are made to those issues, we will certain to point it out. Thanks for the feedback, and glad you enjoy the mod!

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
i hope there's a hackless wii version
Considering you're a new user, I'm not sure if you've been following the thread up to this point and are referring to Unbound for PM 3.02 or 3.5.

There currently is a hackless version for 3.02 if you would like to give it a try, and there will certainly be a hackless version for 3.5 when the new update is finished.

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
i hope there's a hackless wii version
Friesnchip is right, but if you want to try it, just go to the first page to download from google docs. extract the .rar file with winrar and put all info on your sd card, and then just load up brawl's stage builder to activate. And make sure there are no custom stages.

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
The Subspace issue will most likely be resolved once the codeset is updated to PM 3.5. As for Master Hand, that is most likely an issue with the clone engine that may be resolved in due time. If any patches are made to those issues, we will certain to point it out. Thanks for the feedback, and glad you enjoy the mod!
The newest version of the BrawlEx clone engine fixes the issues with crashes in single player modes, by simply having them redirect back to the CSS after being completed instead of trying to load ending data for the clones. Also, Subspace was locked off in PM 3.02 because of crashes, but it has been reopened in 3.5 because it no longer crashes in the newer version(as long as you play a match with Roy and Mewtwo before playing certain areas).

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
The newest version of the BrawlEx clone engine fixes the issues with crashes in single player modes, by simply having them redirect back to the CSS after being completed instead of trying to load ending data for the clones. Also, Subspace was locked off in PM 3.02 because of crashes, but it has been reopened in 3.5 because it no longer crashes in the newer version(as long as you play a match with Roy and Mewtwo before playing certain areas).
I was referring to the Subspace fix for 3.5, but I had no idea that the newest clone engine solved this problem. Thanks for pointing that out.

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
This hack can be played on dolphin right? My dolphin usually goes 1fps when loading a save file and goes 114fps in the menus and in battles it goes 63fps. Any way to make the game normal while loading the hack?

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
This hack can be played on dolphin right? My dolphin usually goes 1fps when loading a save file and goes 114fps in the menus and in battles it goes 63fps. Any way to make the game normal while loading the hack?
It is possible, since I use it to beta-test a lot of new features, but I'm not sure how to further repair FPS. 63 should be fine to run a dolphin emulation, but I'm not exactly sure where the issue lies. Look for some online tutorials to increase FPS, maybe that will help.

invisibleman

Smash Apprentice
Is work still being done on this? Not being a jerk,just curious.Last mod i was hyped for looks like it is abandoned.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if all of this has been asked before, but does this include every character, costumes, stages and features updated as of the 3.5 release? Do AllStar and Stamina mode work properly? Any character (moveset) differences between 3.5 and this? Any known bugs or glitches, random crashes when playing with specific characters in specific stages?

Last edited:

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I see. I just browsed the GD link, saw a serious lack of alt costumes... Do Lucina and Pichu only have 3 costumes each? I might wait until the next version, I hope you're making progress and aren't facing difficulties like PM DIY :cry:

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Oh, I see. I just browsed the GD link, saw a serious lack of alt costumes... Do Lucina and Pichu only have 3 costumes each? I might wait until the next version, I hope you're making progress and aren't facing difficulties like PM DIY :cry:
Unfortunately, that's exactly why we're facing difficulties... We're still keeping in check with PM DIY, since they directly cooperate with a major teammate of ours Jasgx. Don't worry, we'll be working in the meanwhile until then, but for now, Unbound is still 3.02

NXero

Smash Apprentice
:sadeyes:
Just as I feared...
Well... the wait for PMDIY2 continues (How soon is "Soon" anways!?)
Good luck and do your best! (Don't be discouraged even if PM4 gets announced before you finish;))

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Take your time with it, even if PM4.0 is announced, I'm sure a ton of people will stay play this because of the hard work you put in it. Good luck.

Top Bottom