• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
figured we should post this here as well. we already posted it to KC-MM we are still trying to figure out exactly these codes are formatted to remove them. particularly masquerade will be a problem (each new costume is another line of code) we need to find the new costumes and remove them from the unknown list. clearer documentation can be found on this thread:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71445.msg1317918#msg1317918

*codes posted are from 3.0 Sirks and I are checking thru the codes as we can but we'd be happy to have any help (its not really that hard, just tedious)

LordMobzilla

Smash Rookie
NNID
KidZapdos
3DS FC
3411-1542-5374
How much longer is this gonna take? Not trying to be rude. Just wondering.

xXEnderSeanXx

Smash Rookie
I recently downloaded this to find that not all characters have all their alternate costumes from the actual Project M 3.5, does anyone know how I could change this? (Example: Ganondorf doesn't have any of his melee skins.) I tried drag and dropping all the .pac and .pcs files from the real project M to replace the ones here and it did not work. And when I tried changing an already existing alternate skin, the game crashed on me once a battle started.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I recently downloaded this to find that not all characters have all their alternate costumes from the actual Project M 3.5, does anyone know how I could change this? (Example: Ganondorf doesn't have any of his melee skins.) I tried drag and dropping all the .pac and .pcs files from the real project M to replace the ones here and it did not work. And when I tried changing an already existing alternate skin, the game crashed on me once a battle started.
Or, will they all be added in the next update to this?
Currently, work is being done to try and port over a lot of the assets found in Project M 3.5. We have members currently working on the engine, but we cannot guarantee it will be finished beforehand. Right now, it is vanilla 3.02 with additional characters, but we hope to change this soon.

AgentTer

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before but after searching the thread i didn't find anything about this... Would it at all be possible to make ProjectM Unbound work with Riivolution? I've tried multiple things to get it to work. The furthest I've gotten is getting it to boot to the menus but it always freezes on the character selection screen, I'm assuming this has to do with BrawlEX or the .XML file setup but I'm not sure? I'm wondering if anyone knows how to get Riivolution to work with BrawlEX or ProjectM Unbound or if it's even possible? Here's what I've tried so far:

-Using all of the files included from the ProjectM Unbound hacked version pack always leads to a black screen when booting.

-Using the ProjectM 3.0.2 common2 file instead of the ProjectM Unbound one and removing the file patch code from the .GCT causes the game to atleast load but freezes on the boot up/title screens.

-Using the common2 file from ProjectM 3.0.2 and keeping file patch code in the .GCT allows it to get to the character selection screen where it freezes which i mentioned before.

-Tried booting with different hook types including the nextframe one; didn't change anything.

Everything else seems like it's working until it gets to the CSS. Hopefully i got the .XML file correct but I'm not sure? I tried pointing the Riivolution .XML file to all of the new files such as the ones for Pichu and Lucina (also tried pointing it to all of the Fighter, Info, Menu folders etc. too just to be sure ) as I have with the other ProjectM files but to no success. Also to clarify, this is basically a fresh copy of this mod, besides the things that I've tried such as messing around with the .XML file and switching around .GCT files and stuff trying to get it to work. All of the files are intact from the hacked version of ProjectM Unbound (besides the common2 file because it didn't work right) and I am not using any of my own custom content in this I'm just trying to get it to work first before i re-add my stuff back in. Is there a way to remove the file patch code or add in the common2 file without causing it to freeze? Or if getting the ProjectM Unbound common2 file to work even matters in fixing this issue at all? Does anyone know if this is even possible to do or have any insight on setting up a correct .XML file to make Riivolution work with ProjectM Unbound or atleast work with BrawlEX? Thankyou to anyone that can help.

Last edited:

Knade

Smash Rookie
you guys take "ideas"?
i have one and i think it could potentially kill porject m's competitive play.
so i think this is the place to put "said" idea.
(i have not yet to read the entire thread, so MAYBE someone already said this)

extra special moves
A+B= huge aura ball
right? it exist in the main mod, even little mac has a bar meter on smash 4, so lets just say;

samus gets a extra special move? like the speed boost (but what is super wave dash?) i know, the move would be OP, directional and can cause damage to self.
what if zelda could have that paralized, beam magic she used on the end game of ocarina of time?
what if captain falcon had a side attack (f-zero gx) as extra special move? or the spin attack.
what if link had his sword beam? (with only 0%) that would make alot of sense
what if pikachu had electro ball?
what if yoshi had directional red eggs that ricochet on land
what if ivysaur had (im sorry for looking at a wiki on this one) sludge/sludge bomb/leaf storm/petal dance?
i cant think of any other since im too unimaginative

also this "idea" could have potential, but i'd imagine it could be too much work.

either way, im leaving this post here

Rage83

Smash Ace
you guys take "ideas"?
i have one and it will kill project m's competitive play.
so i think this is the place to put "said" idea.
(i have not yet to read the entire thread, so MAYBE someone already said this)

extra special moves
A+B= huge aura ball
right? it exist in the main mod, even little mac has a bar meter on smash 4, so lets just say;

samus gets a extra special move? like the speed boost (but what is super wave dash?) i know, the move would be OP, directional and can cause damage to self.
what if zelda could have that paralized, beam magic she used on the end game of ocarina of time?
what if captain falcon had a side attack (f-zero gx) as extra special move? or the spin attack.
what if link had his sword beam? (with only 0%) that would make alot of sense
what if pikachu had electro ball?
what if yoshi had directional red eggs that ricochet on land
what if ivysaur had (im sorry for looking at a wiki on this one) sludge/sludge bomb/leaf storm/petal dance?
i cant think of any other since im too unimaginative

also this "idea" could have potential, but i'd imagine it could be too much work.

either way, im leaving this post here
They take ideas, as in moveset suggestions and support for specific characters to be added, not any changes to existing characters in Project M's official release. A global change like the one you suggested is completely unneccessary.

Knade

Smash Rookie
They take ideas, as in moveset suggestions and support for specific characters to be added, not any changes to existing characters in Project M's official release. A global change like the one you suggested is completely unneccessary.
well thanks for clearing that out
i better start reading before posting

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before but after searching the thread i didn't find anything about this... Would it at all be possible to make ProjectM Unbound work with Riivolution? I've tried multiple things to get it to work. The furthest I've gotten is getting it to boot to the menus but it always freezes on the character selection screen, I'm assuming this has to do with BrawlEX or the .XML file setup but I'm not sure? I'm wondering if anyone knows how to get Riivolution to work with BrawlEX or ProjectM Unbound or if it's even possible? Here's what I've tried so far:

-Using all of the files included from the ProjectM Unbound hacked version pack always leads to a black screen when booting.

-Using the ProjectM 3.0.2 common2 file instead of the ProjectM Unbound one and removing the file patch code from the .GCT causes the game to atleast load but freezes on the boot up/title screens.

-Using the common2 file from ProjectM 3.0.2 and keeping file patch code in the .GCT allows it to get to the character selection screen where it freezes which i mentioned before.

Everything else seems like it's working until it gets to the CSS. Hopefully i got the .XML file correct but I'm not sure? I tried pointing the Riivolution .XML file to all of the new files such as the ones for Pichu and Lucina (also tried pointing it to all of the Fighter, Info, Menu folders etc. too just to be sure ) as I have with the other ProjectM files but to no success. Also to clarify, this is basically a fresh copy of this mod, besides the things that I've tried such as messing around with the .XML file and switching around .GCT files and stuff trying to get it to work. All of the files are intact from the hacked version of ProjectM Unbound (besides the common2 file because it didn't work right) and I am not using any of my own custom content in this I'm just trying to get it to work first before i re-add my stuff back in. Is there a way to remove the file patch code or add in the common2 file without causing it freeze? Or if getting the ProjectM Unbound common2 file to work even matters in fixing this issue at all? Does anyone know if this is even possible to do or have any insight on setting up a correct .XML file to make this work with Riivolution, or atleast work with BrawlEX. Thankyou to anyone that can help.
I'm assuming the way the BrawlEX system reads the code is incompatible with the Riivolution method of loading since the 3.02 update from the PMBR. I'm certain there are methods, but the design of Unbound was not directly intended to work with Riivolution since it's discontinued support for PM. I'm certain there are methods, but with the further modifications made to the Stock 3.02 codebank, I can't guarantee anything. Maybe you could research methods for BrawlEx, and see if that would work? As for official Riivolution support from the team, I doubt support for the loading method would be of priority; as we are still running on 3.02 instead of 3.5, which is top priority. Hopefully in the near future this will be an option, but we cannot guarantee anything. Thanks for putting the time in, and good luck!

Last edited:

Benasdfghjkl;

Smash Rookie
for character requests, I'd like young link... but it's ok, you don't have to do it. Maybe I'll figure it out myself.

mythbust4000

Smash Journeyman
NNID
For real I downloaded this then extracted the files but then my computer got slower and stuff like that then my computer said it had a update so I selected update then restart and its been doing that for a day know I swear you gave me a virus!
Not cool man you killed my computer

JeffsMov

Smash Journeyman
For real I downloaded this then extracted the files but then my computer got slower and stuff like that then my computer said it had a update so I selected update then restart and its been doing that for a day know I swear you gave me a virus!
First, you sure are those the correct files?
Second, you download something free from the internet, you should take the responsibility.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
This is absolutely hilarious. I highly doubt this happened because of some Brawl hack.

GanoNess

Smash Rookie
NNID
poop
How did u reply then? lol

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
Your operating system may have become corrupted. You may need to get it rebooted. This happened to my computer a few months ago and I had to get my computer reset.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Question: PM 3.5 code set will be updated with it?

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Infinity is a term that represents the highest possible number, so technically, it is a number, just not a typical one. It's like saying "pi" isn't a number, when it represents an irrational number starting with 3.14...

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I was thinking about that after the post... But it still represents some kind of value, though.

Sonicjamareiz

Smash Apprentice
can you please post a mirror for the beta 3 hackless version on mediafire or dropbox because google drive doesn't work for me at all. one more thing on the beta 0.2 waluigi ridley shadow and lucina don't show up only pichu please help

Last edited:

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Any chance of any update at all??
The devs are working on it. We've already gone through several iterations of Lucina, for example, to improve the overall quality of Unbound before the next release. I may not be able to give a release date, but I can at least assure you progress is being made.

oddzxc

Smash Cadet
this isn't ever going to update, i just wish the devs can gives us hints so we can remain hyped.

Sonicjamareiz

Smash Apprentice
sorry for the multi post but I got an character request please add the tabuu psa with project m physics

TheHidden

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4330-3482
I have some questions: Exactly what does the current public release feature? Do you launch it like standard project m? What version of project m does this version use? Sorry if this questions have been adressed before, its just that I cant seem to get clear information on this topics anywhere else.

Top Bottom