• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Basically, yes. Hackless uses the Stack Smash exploit PM uses, while hacked is for people that already have homebrew installed.

At least, that's how default PM does it. I dunno about Unbound, I use hacked.
same process with unbound hackless as PM hackless. So if you know how to install and run PM, you know how to do so with unbound

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
So, I don't know if someone else did it already, or how useful this will be, but because I'm doing so anyways, might as well post it here.

Because why not, I decided to do some voice ripping from Sm4sh, and here's the voice clips for Lucina.

It's funny how they went with the absolute bare minimum they could, as a result, a few things are missing voices, like Dodges or her Up B, amongst many other things without clips.
Can you do me a favor and rip Fox and Falco's voice clips? I would like to use them. (Yes, I know that the voice acting is horrible.) Thanks in advance.

AFeralFurry

Smash Cadet

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
No we don't had long load times

Last edited:

Sign1000

Smash Rookie
Ok, can you specify on how to actually use the Hackless method? Do I use the existing Project M with the Project M Unbound, etc.

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
I'm using the stage expansion code right now, is there any way for me to add this to my build?

and also, does it alter any other characters in any way? I want all the characters and physics to be exactly like they are in default pm, except with 2 new characters.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I'm using the stage expansion code right now, is there any way for me to add this to my build?

and also, does it alter any other characters in any way? I want all the characters and physics to be exactly like they are in default pm, except with 2 new characters.
that's exactly what it is! Also, for the stage expansion, I'm not sure the default method is compatible. Maybe another Unbound member could answer this for you, but it's worth a shot. Yeah, just start fresh and remove your current build of P:M, and it'll be identical in mechanics.

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
Thanks, but I have a few more questions

How would I switch a clone engine characters models? Like I tried switching Lucina's model with a Marth model and it ended up glitching out.

I forgot to compress it lol

And will the standard brawl ex tutorials allow me to add more characters to project unbound, or is there a much different, complicated method in adding clone characters to this.

Last edited:

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Thanks, but I have a few more questions

How would I switch a clone engine characters models? Like I tried switching Lucina's model with a Marth model and it ended up glitching out.

I forgot to compress it lol

And will the standard brawl ex tutorials allow me to add more characters to project unbound, or is there a much different, complicated method in adding clone characters to this.
standard methods are functional, but cannot be used for more complex changes (menu sounds, character audio, battle and character select icons, etc). The character should work, unless the PSA moveset file was not designed for P:M, as it could potentially crash.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
its over now so u will know later who is going to be on the roster

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Happy Halloween Guys :p
I Hope You Guys Have All The Luck Getting Candy!!!!!

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
These may have already been discussed earlier, but Ice Climbers have little knockback on their moves and "y can't metroid crawl?"

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
These may have already been discussed earlier, but Ice Climbers have little knockback on their moves and "y can't metroid crawl?"
The samus roll issue was discussed before, but not the IC knockback. I'm not sure if that's an issue or not, but I'll look into it.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
God this Brawlex thing is freaking impossible, I tried using it just to add in Shadow, but it didn't add him. Then I found out someone was working on Shadow for Project M and would just wait for his, but he hasn't updated it for 2 monthes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzi5RHOrB2g). As for Silver, the only issue he has is the fact his only port is under Diddy Kong, who I can't clone or whatever, and the creator tried to help port him over Sonic, but had no luck either (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204401). Even worse is that the voice actors for my videos are slowly leaving and becoming much busier than they used to be, which is understandable, but still sad. It's making me question if all of this is even worth it anymore. I want to finish what I started for my fans, since that's what they want, but it's becoming much more of a hassle than I realized. I'd go back and record with Brawl, like I used to, but if you've played Project M, you know that's practically impossible.
If I had to ask about anything, I'd ask if there was any way to just add in the Shadow from the last version of Unbound he was in, and for me to just fix him up a little bit, at least until this other Shadow mod is complete (IF it's complete)? I will say I don't need Silver right away, as he's only going to be a major character until next season, but as long as I have a Shadow PSA (he's the main star after all) without replacing anyone, then I'll be fine.

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
God this Brawlex thing is freaking impossible, I tried using it just to add in Shadow, but it didn't add him. Then I found out someone was working on Shadow for Project M and would just wait for his, but he hasn't updated it for 2 monthes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzi5RHOrB2g). As for Silver, the only issue he has is the fact his only port is under Diddy Kong, who I can't clone or whatever, and the creator tried to help port him over Sonic, but had no luck either (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204401). Even worse is that the voice actors for my videos are slowly leaving and becoming much busier than they used to be, which is understandable, but still sad. It's making me question if all of this is even worth it anymore. I want to finish what I started for my fans, since that's what they want, but it's becoming much more of a hassle than I realized. I'd go back and record with Brawl, like I used to, but if you've played Project M, you know that's practically impossible.
If I had to ask about anything, I'd ask if there was any way to just add in the Shadow from the last version of Unbound he was in, and for me to just fix him up a little bit, at least until this other Shadow mod is complete (IF it's complete)? I will say I don't need Silver right away, as he's only going to be a major character until next season, but as long as I have a Shadow PSA (he's the main star after all) without replacing anyone, then I'll be fine.
If Shadow were to be added, hopefully he'd get some nerfs, because he was over powered when he was initially put in.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I'm sorry, but we do not take specific character requests, only recommendations. It's the staff's decision to implement characters (in this case, the decision was a majority vote), and whether older clones make it or not is up for debate. If you absolutely must, you can download the older versions of Unbound to get the old clones back, but it won't be as polished or stable as the most recent release. I hope everything works out for the best, but please be patient with us as we try to release the highest quality builds possible.

I believe this is the link to the old Hackless Build: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203343

Last edited:

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
i have a little request, can you guys add some more costumes to the clones?
Are you referring to Pichu and Lucina? If so, that is already being addressed by the Unbound devs, but having entirely new alternate costumes for those characters is a bit outside the scope of the project currently, but certainly possible sometime in the future (additional recolors are a realistic expectation for the next update).

Top Bottom