• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
It's both 3.5 and not. I'm new, so I don't know much. Lol
No, This supports 3.0, but the current Unbound version is 3.02. It even uses different software than the normal PM 3.5 (I forgot what unbound uses, but what I DO know is that it does not use CBliss. Which is needed to make more character models like it is in PM 3.5)

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
It is not 3.5. It supports 3.0, but the unbound version is 3.02. Most of all, PM 3.5 is completely different than Unbound. For example: 3.5 Uses CBliss which allows more character models to play as. But Unbound uses a different program (forgot what it's called) and it cannot use Cbliss because of :4lucina: & :pichumelee: (I think...).

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
It is not 3.5. It supports 3.0, but the unbound version is 3.02. Most of all, PM 3.5 is completely different than Unbound. For example: 3.5 Uses CBliss which allows more character models to play as. But Unbound uses a different program (forgot what it's called) and it cannot use Cbliss because of :4lucina: & :pichumelee: (I think...).

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
If I can fix my dropbox, I can share my file with u, But unbound Is a different kind of PM. It adds Lucina and Pichu, and add old stages as replacements. (some stages are N64 and they are in N64 textures) It even has custom music in it too. If u want even, u can change Unbound a bit by adding your own music in BRSTM form

Last edited:

BoomBoxEMusic

Smash Apprentice
Guys project m unbound it's project m with brawlex it's project m all the same things just with the ability to add characters like brawlex just that buts it's normal PM but yes something in the system are change but I believe it doesn't support brawlex character it has to be project m characters only

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
Guys project m unbound it's project m with brawlex it's project m all the same things just with the ability to add characters like brawlex just that buts it's normal PM but yes something in the system are change but I believe it doesn't support brawlex character it has to be project m characters only
Where's the grammar?

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
I am sorry, I do not speak Jibberish. I get what your saying, but be more fluent and add your grammar please.

BoomBoxEMusic

Smash Apprentice
I'm very sorry guys I'm not that very good with my English in fact my mother language is Spanish so I'll be more careful thanks btw

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
I'm very sorry guys I'm not that very good with my English in fact my mother language is Spanish so I'll be more careful thanks btw
Try Bing translate If you have trouble. Type it in spanish, translates to english, press ctrl+c and then come here, then press ctrl+v
and It is ok. It is hard to learn how to speak a new language, I even tried learning Dutch once and it backfired.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Hi. I'm new here. I heard about an application for play tester? Also, what is this thread about? The link to your website was broken...
Yes, there is an application process! Simply send me a message with some reasons as to why you would qualify for the program, and a video of your most recent gameplay. As for the thread, it's simply a discussion thread for the project itself, nothing specific. And the website was run by Jasgx, so any further issues on his end have not been resolved, due to his absence.

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
Yes, there is an application process! Simply send me a message with some reasons as to why you would qualify for the program, and a video of your most recent gameplay. As for the thread, it's simply a discussion thread for the project itself, nothing specific. And the website was run by Jasgx, so any further issues on his end have not been resolved, due to his absence.
Ok. When will the applications be closed?

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
Just a curiosity, what do u have to do WHEN the applications are finished? Do what we are good with?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Just a curiosity, what do u have to do WHEN the applications are finished? Do what we are good with?
In a nutshell... yes, and help out where you can, the team needs all it can get so the next version can be released sooner rather than later.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Alright then. I shall apply. Do I have to be good at the game?
It's more determining your general knowledge of the game, and what kind of analysis you could potentially provide. There is no specific analysis, but you can try explaining yourself a bit more to justify your skill, or potential lack there of.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Theoretically, couldn't you take the content from 3.5 and just add it onto 3.0.2?
EDIT: Also, Mewtwo still has Pichu's sfx when fighting against him.

Last edited:

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Only for movesets, stages, etc. things that require the gct (such as the pm equivalent of cbliss) wouldn't work.

So yes and no
Actually, I've done this and found that some characters, like Squirtle, crash when using a certain move. I'm guessing that there's some codes with Squirtle dealing with SSE since he shows up with the Pokemon Trainer in normal matches. Also, BrawlEX has its own way of handling "Cbliss" through the fighter configs. But things like Debug, All-star, and Stamina would be unavailable.

oddzxc

Smash Cadet
*SPOILER* IT'S NOT COMING OUT, UNBOUND HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED BECAUSE THERE ARE NO TRAILERS, PICS, HINTS OR EVEN PROOF THAT IT IS BEING CONTINUED.

in all seriousness, by the time when it release (if it release) project m will already have project M 6.5

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
*SPOILER* IT'S NOT COMING OUT, UNBOUND HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED BECAUSE THERE ARE NO TRAILERS, PICS, HINTS OR EVEN PROOF THAT IT IS BEING CONTINUED.

in all seriousness, by the time when it release (if it release) project m will already have project M 6.5
This is probably true considering that project m 3.6 is already coming out really soon.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640

Progress is there, but there is no consistent manner to provide updates, other than via forum posts. We cannot make progress until the gct codeset is released for Project M 3.5 BrawlEX, so we'll have to see. However, I can guarantee that progress is being made.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Progress is there, but there is no consistent manner to provide updates, other than via forum posts. We cannot make progress until the gct codeset is released for Project M 3.5 BrawlEX, so we'll have to see. However, I can guarantee that progress is being made.
I know that, But what are u going to do if 3.6 is out before u finish the codeset?

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I know that, But what are u going to do if 3.6 is out before u finish the codeset?
3.6 will most likely carry the same codeset, with minor tweaks and patches to the content instead (characters, maps, skins, etc). There won't be an issue moving over once we perfect 3.5, unless something drastic is done; which, based on the time frame and currently announced content, is highly unlikely.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
3.6 will most likely carry the same codeset, with minor tweaks and patches to the content instead (characters, maps, skins, etc). There won't be an issue moving over once we perfect 3.5, unless something drastic is done; which, based on the time frame and currently announced content, is highly unlikely.
I fear that there is somethings that are drastic to 3.6's codeset. The alternate stage loader, Stocks on All Star Battle Mode and the fact that Diddy and Charizard got an extra costume

If u haven't seen the trailer yet, I'll give a link to it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ObQ9-bY22s9CiMQug&sig2=mlbXtF0sb8bgHvtZeK7hRA

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
I fear that there is somethings that are drastic to 3.6's codeset. The alternate stage loader, Stocks on All Star Battle Mode and the fact that Diddy and Charizard got an extra costume

If u haven't seen the trailer yet, I'll give a link to it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=ewEaVbKcLceqggTYu4CYBQ&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcJHZCuaG84&ved=0CCAQqQIwAA&usg=AFQjCNEfbtIgSN63qObQ9-bY22s9CiMQug&sig2=mlbXtF0sb8bgHvtZeK7hRA
None of those are drastic code changes. And I'm sure everyone's seen this trailer already...

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
Sirks asked me to post here, we've deciphered the necessary codes for 3.5 we will be uploading the GCT to our mediafire account when we make a few minor tweaks to the GCT. (she pulled out all the interfering codes, but forgot to place the file patch code back in, OOPS!) expect an update soon. we only have to work on the config files and add necessary components to the common5 file.

now to answer a few questions i've been seeing:

"Is this current release 3.5?"
No, While PSA's and such will work, 3.02 is all they could currently use as a base, until now they didn't have the codes to remove the PM clone engine data and replace it with BeX, neither are compatible with each other. The clone engine and masqurade needed to fully be removed from the codeset in order to work, and since the PM keeps their codes a very well guarded secret this was impossible for a while. Basically we got kinda lucky the 3.0 wifi codeset was leaked, it allowed us to see all the codes added and remove those, its been an invaluable resource to updating the project.

"Will the ALLSTAR stock icons and alternate loader interfere with placing this in 3.6?"
Honestly this can go both ways, i'm not sure how the stock icons are coded, we will see... the alternate loader should work with this, but it will take time to find out exactly how it works. if its added to the FPC code we will need to strip out the ASL and add it to the end of the 3.5.1b code, it should work after that.

"Will new costumes pose a problem in updating the project?"
Actually the masquerade system (extra costumes) and clone engine were the easiest things to remove. we are pretty confident we can find any new costumes and clones with ease.

"You said easiest? What was the hardest part?"
COSMETICS! the cosmetic codes were the hardest to strip out. these included things like "CSS v3", "don't wreck my music", and ZSS/Zelda fix" there were a few other things as well needed to be removed. IC constant codes were allso a pain, those included codes like "samus has crawl" "lucario has 2 jabs" etc.

Hope this sheds a little light on the development of the project, basically Unbound and DIY were stuck in the same spot with the codes.

~Zig & Sirkura

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the new GCT to play with:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/un64zaar818zh05/RSBE01(DIYBeta2.1).gct

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Sirks asked me to post here, we've deciphered the necessary codes for 3.5 we will be uploading the GCT to our mediafire account when we make a few minor tweaks to the GCT. (she pulled out all the interfering codes, but forgot to place the file patch code back in, OOPS!) expect an update soon. we only have to work on the config files and add necessary components to the common5 file.

now to answer a few questions i've been seeing:

"Is this current release 3.5?"
No, While PSA's and such will work, 3.02 is all they could currently use as a base, until now they didn't have the codes to remove the PM clone engine data and replace it with BeX, neither are compatible with each other. The clone engine and masqurade needed to fully be removed from the codeset in order to work, and since the PM keeps their codes a very well guarded secret this was impossible for a while. Basically we got kinda lucky the 3.0 wifi codeset was leaked, it allowed us to see all the codes added and remove those, its been an invaluable resource to updating the project.

"Will the ALLSTAR stock icons and alternate loader interfere with placing this in 3.6?"
Honestly this can go both ways, i'm not sure how the stock icons are coded, we will see... the alternate loader should work with this, but it will take time to find out exactly how it works. if its added to the FPC code we will need to strip out the ASL and add it to the end of the 3.5.1b code, it should work after that.

"Will new costumes pose a problem in updating the project?"
Actually the masquerade system (extra costumes) and clone engine were the easiest things to remove. we are pretty confident we can find any new costumes and clones with ease.

"You said easiest? What was the hardest part?"
COSMETICS! the cosmetic codes were the hardest to strip out. these included things like "CSS v3", "don't wreck my music", and ZSS/Zelda fix" there were a few other things as well needed to be removed. IC constant codes were allso a pain, those included codes like "samus has crawl" "lucario has 2 jabs" etc.

Hope this sheds a little light on the development of the project, basically Unbound and DIY were stuck in the same spot with the codes.

~Zig & Sirkura

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the new GCT to play with:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/un64zaar818zh05/RSBE01(DIYBeta2.1).gct
Hype! Excited to see major progress in this build. :)

Top Bottom