• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Just curious, haven't been in SBs for years, what PSA build is Pichu based on?
The concept in Starwaffles Pichu long ago was pretty good, if so, I hope it has some elements taken form PM Pikachu too.

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
Just curious, haven't been in SBs for years, what PSA build is Pichu based on?
The concept in Starwaffles Pichu long ago was pretty good, if so, I hope it has some elements taken form PM Pikachu too.
For the most part, this Pichu PSA is almost a direct clone of PM Pikachu.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
slight differences on pichu more damage but does damage to himsef

Sparky56p

Smash Rookie
Really liking this, especially the compatibility with BrawlEx :D

Now I'm running Project M Unbound with the Brawl 4 All character expansion, though I'm freezing when I try loading 3 characters I'm assuming they are errors on my end

Thank you all for such a wonderful tool :)

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032

Now I'm running Project M Unbound with the Brawl 4 All character expansion, though I'm freezing when I try loading 3 characters I'm assuming they are errors on my end

Project M Unbound is not meant to run with other expansion packs
This may be why your freezing

Last edited:

Sparky56p

Smash Rookie
Project M Unbound is not meant to run with other expansion packs
This may be why your freezing
Says it has compatibility lol, so I put it to test, out of the 93 selectable characters only 3 cause freezing, and I'm using PM Unbound to load it cause I can't load BrawlEx from my SDHC card, where as PM Unbound can handle it, if it means the occasional freeze the so be it lol :)

Last edited:

KunchieMunchie

Smash Cadet
Suggestion: Maybe you guys add some empty clones so we could include some of our own PSA's.
Question: Do bliss and stage expansion work with this??
Also: When will the next character be announced?

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Suggestion: Maybe you guys add some empty clones so we could include some of our own PSA's.
Question: Do bliss and stage expansion work with this??
Also: When will the next character be announced?
1.) if we have empty clones the game will freeze
2.) there is a specific way to use bliss with this or it freezes
3.) Next character will be announced after we're ready to announce it and were done with some psaing

LordMobzilla

Smash Rookie
NNID
KidZapdos
3DS FC
3411-1542-5374
I'll do ANYTHING if you do this for Project M 3.5. Seriously. If you guys did I die of hype.

Tofer Dallah

Smash Cadet
I realy hope to see this hack with the new PM 3.5 ! *-*

Good job guys ! And I hope the some Pichu's bug will be ajusted soon ! *-*

Sparky56p

Smash Rookie
If you remember my post a few pages back I finally found my SD ( not SDHC) so I seperated all my BrawlEx stuff to one (brothers and sister love the addition all all the characters) and Project M Unbound on the other, no more having to choose :D lol

And additionally 90% of my freezes went away again :)

Thanks again for this :)

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
if i remember right the first time they got this to work with 3.02, it was because someone leaked the wifi safe codeset so it was possible to see with clear documentation of what code did what. chances of that happening again are slim sadly but a good chunk of the PM 3.02 codes are also in 3.5.

if you can get one of the newer brawl boxes, they have a code handler. so if you load the 3.02 .txt in it and "remember all codes." then load the project M 3.5 GCT. its gonna be a lot of work, but you can probably find the pieces of masquerade and the clone engine they use and replace them with BeX

just keep in mind you will most likely have to gut all of the clone and extra costume data first or it will cause undesired results. i'm willing to help if you need it. i'm pretty good at separating codes. or perhaps one of the PM members would be kind enough to send me the text file to add BeX as an optional build. (not holding my breath tho xD)

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Any chance of you putting up Pichu and Lucina as addons, assuming that's even possible?

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
Any chance of you putting up Pichu and Lucina as addons, assuming that's even possible?
well considering the goal of the project is to add BeX it should be completely possible. lucina is over marth and pichu is over pika. both characters have a portable rel file. the first step tho is really gonna be pulling out the clone engine and masquarade from PM tho. and in order to do that we need to have a decifered PM code. and since PM is kinda #antichange, thats unlikely. we managed to get lucky before someone leaked the codeset.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Huh, alright. A bit disappointing, but I'll live.

Here's hoping once they release a version with a finished roster they'll include official CE support.

LordMobzilla

Smash Rookie
NNID
KidZapdos
3DS FC
3411-1542-5374

Question, is it possible if you could said me your files from you SDHC or SD? I'd like to try this out myself.

Last edited:

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this is rude to ask, but since your website does not show what this adds, I'm curious. What new content is added with this and what new costumes?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I know this may've been asked already, but when you guys update the pack to use 3.5 visuals, will you release a "blank version": as in vanilla PM with Brawl EX codes and hopefully the return of Mewtwo's floating in the future? I was wondering since I want to round out the PM roster in a future personal build and a major part of I want to do (Separate Dr. Mario from Mario, give Mario his brawl moveset with the PM buffs, Give Dr. Mario the PM Mario moveset with some tweaks and have the pills on all costumes, Add pichu though you guys nailed it already, and add a certain BIG metroid character to fill the roster) has to do with Brawl Ex coding. Plus for those wanting to make custom builds using a "blank version" Unbound as the base would be useful to the modding community.

brotankfrank

Smash Rookie
I have a couple questions regarding adding character PSA's to Project M Unbound

Is it easy to add PSA's if i've done it before with vanilla brawl? In addition to Lucina and Pichu, I want to add shadow, ridley, waluigi, and maybe a few more such as knuckles, tails, raptor, vegeta, naruto, and fierce link. im just curious if i will be able to add these characters and if they will have Project M physics and movements (wavedash, L-cancels, etc)

Also, which would be the best way to add these clones? Ive heard that the clone tool can be glitchy, (i've experienced this with Project Ex and gave up but i'm not sure if that is because of that build) so i guess there is a way to do it manually (video tutorial somewhere).

Lastly, will i have to do anything for the CCS to show more characters? Like CSS expansion of some kind or is that already done?

Thanks you for your time. If i can make an actually legit PSA pack then ill put it on the vault

P.S i dont have any animation or PSA making skills

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
I have a couple questions regarding adding character PSA's to Project M Unbound

Is it easy to add PSA's if i've done it before with vanilla brawl? In addition to Lucina and Pichu, I want to add shadow, ridley, waluigi, and maybe a few more such as knuckles, tails, raptor, vegeta, naruto, and fierce link. im just curious if i will be able to add these characters and if they will have Project M physics and movements (wavedash, L-cancels, etc)

Also, which would be the best way to add these clones? Ive heard that the clone tool can be glitchy, (i've experienced this with Project Ex and gave up but i'm not sure if that is because of that build) so i guess there is a way to do it manually (video tutorial somewhere).

Lastly, will i have to do anything for the CCS to show more characters? Like CSS expansion of some kind or is that already done?

Thanks you for your time. If i can make an actually legit PSA pack then ill put it on the vault

P.S i dont have any animation or PSA making skills
me and my friends play a hybrid of PM, brawl minus, vbrawl, and brawl plus. the hardest part in adding a clone is setting it up right in the first time (setting up the common5 etc). for the most part avoid any characters with a special air dodge. PM's melee airdoge code can cause many bad results. most of the PM physics are universal codes across all characters. so you shouldn't have to edit any. if you really wanna be thorough you could edit the wights and damage value's in PSA so the balance out more with the rest of the cast.

i would imagine all the hard work will be done for you already. since BeX is tied into the base of the mod. all you need is the 4 config files, the rel, and basically copy and past of the original's files renamed accordingly...

LordMobzilla

Smash Rookie
NNID
KidZapdos
3DS FC
3411-1542-5374
me and my friends play a hybrid of PM, brawl minus, vbrawl, and brawl plus. the hardest part in adding a clone is setting it up right in the first time (setting up the common5 etc). for the most part avoid any characters with a special air dodge. PM's melee airdoge code can cause many bad results. most of the PM physics are universal codes across all characters. so you shouldn't have to edit any. if you really wanna be thorough you could edit the wights and damage value's in PSA so the balance out more with the rest of the cast.

i would imagine all the hard work will be done for you already. since BeX is tied into the base of the mod. all you need is the 4 config files, the rel, and basically copy and past of the original's files renamed accordingly...
Wow. That's a lot of info. Thanks.
Questions:
What is a good program to edit the weight and damage?
How do you add more characters on the CSS? I want to add more characters.

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
Wow. That's a lot of info. Thanks.
Questions:
What is a good program to edit the weight and damage?
How do you add more characters on the CSS? I want to add more characters.
adding the characters on the CSS is pretty easy there is a roster.dat file you add the new characters ID with. basically any slot above 3f is free. so say you added a character to that slot you open the roster and add 3F to that list of ID's. done. now that won't give them a character select portrait but it will allow them to work. to give them their own portrait could be a lot of work. you can find that information here:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0

and to edit the weight and damage you will need PSA (or brawl box) for some reason there is a bug with them tho. if you make a PSA in brawl box, you can't edit it in brawlbox and vice versa. so if you have errors with it try the opposite program. you can find both of those programs floating around the KC-MM forums.

Top Bottom