• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

Konuro Silver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Konuro Silver
3DS FC
0774-5097-4262
Damn I lost
Guess I just have to beat south Hampton and look towards playoffs
Oh we'll :(
I'll start hacking again tomorrow
At least you tried...I heard that being in Mario Power Tennis tournaments are hard.

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
I know this has nothing to do with unbound but would anyone wanna play me in project m (my game will desync sometimes so if I quit a match don't be mad.)

PeaceMaker123

Smash Rookie
Are there any alternative links for your beta? I found that the Mediafire link refuses to work for me at all..

D

Deleted member

You could add P:M Mewtwo as a separate character from Melee MewTwo?

D

Deleted member

What would that accomplish.
Because a lot of people prefer the P:M Mewtwo moveset over melee's considering melee MewTwo isn't viable at all and P:M Mewtwo destroys. M2K for example thinks melee mewtwo is trash and he likes the P:M one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurth N

Smash Cadet
Because a lot of people prefer the P:M Mewtwo moveset over melee's considering melee MewTwo isn't viable at all and P:M Mewtwo destroys. M2K for example thinks melee mewtwo is trash and he likes the P:M one.
Umm, we're already using the P:M Mewtwo though...

Juken

Smash Ace
Hey, I was wondering if there was a way to add some of the characters from this into my personal build of Project M. I have a bunch of stages and skins that I added myself, and I'd love to have shadow as more than skin, while being able to play on all the maps and stuff that I use. If there's a way, could you tell me? And would you be okay with it? I don't have any plans on releasing it to anyone aside from friends who I play with.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Hey, I was wondering if there was a way to add some of the characters from this into my personal build of Project M. I have a bunch of stages and skins that I added myself, and I'd love to have shadow as more than skin, while being able to play on all the maps and stuff that I use. If there's a way, could you tell me? And would you be okay with it? I don't have any plans on releasing it to anyone aside from friends who I play with.
It's simple. All it takes is a little knowledge into filework. If I were you, I'd look up the BrawlEx factor. That allowed jasgx to add Shadow, Lucina, etc.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
It's simple. All it takes is a little knowledge into filework. If I were you, I'd look up the BrawlEx factor. That allowed jasgx to add Shadow, Lucina, etc.
U also need to know some coding
U need to edit the project m gct so u can make brawl ex compatible

Juken

Smash Ace
U also need to know some coding
U need to edit the project m gct so u can make brawl ex compatible
Would it be difficult to transfer the stuff for a character and their sounds, movement, and slots that you guys are doing into my personal build? If not, and if I have permission to, then I will probably wait until the characters are completely finished to learn more about that.

Also, another question. Will the added characters receive updated movement to fit P:M. I noticed that Waluigi has super high jumps, and almost all of them can't turn quickly or shuffle walk like in melee.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Would it be difficult to transfer the stuff for a character and their sounds, movement, and slots that you guys are doing into my personal build? If not, and if I have permission to, then I will probably wait until the characters are completely finished to learn more about that.

Also, another question. Will the added characters receive updated movement to fit P:M. I noticed that Waluigi has super high jumps, and almost all of them can't turn quickly or shuffle walk like in melee.
Yeah I didn't make that waluigi psa
If I knew how to psa I would
If the creators updated will update
And I don't think it would be too hard

Last edited:

Kurth N

Smash Cadet
Would it be difficult to transfer the stuff for a character and their sounds, movement, and slots that you guys are doing into my personal build?
Not really, all you should need to do is:
1. Take the gct we're using and add any codes you added to the original P:M codeset (like PW's stage expansion)
2. Delete Mewtwo and Roy's folder in pf/fighter as well as their .rel files from your build
3. Copy over all BrawlEx fighter files; this includes their folders in pf/fighter, their .rel files, and the entire pf/BrawlEx folder
4. Merge misc data 0 - 46 from your char_bust_tex_IZ77 with our sc_selcharacter.pac (make sure to stay under the file size limit, if you haven't already, you will need to reformat most of your CSPs to CMPR)
If you want to use training mode, you may have to do some changes with the files under pf/info2
5. Copy over our Common2 and Common3 files (critical components of BrawlEx) and 220.sawnd (announcer calls for most BrawlEx characters). You don't need to worry about 323 or 325.sawnd (Roy and Mewtwo's sfx) because they're already in P:M.

I think that's all you need to do; aside from re-adding your costumes to the sc_selcharacter.pac, it should be fairly easy. Let me know if I forgot anything.

Ideally yes. Unfortunately at the moment though, we don't have anyone capable of editing PSAs. Until we do, it will have to stay as-is.

Last edited:

red9rd

Smash Ace
have we thought about kindly asking these character creators to update their mods to project M standards?

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
have we thought about kindly asking these character creators to update their mods to project M standards?
Already did
Person who made waluigi said he'll update it and he'll tell me when it's done

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
I'm a horrible playtester... I still have that same old build from when I first joined. I haven't played it forever. I promise I'll start playtesting again once I finish playing Golden Sun. That game is just so addicting that I can't do anything else.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
--removed--

Last edited by a moderator:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
i did i am smashking64
i changed my name so much and right now on the kc-mm im smashking64

Last edited:

Kurth N

Smash Cadet
i did i am smashking64
i changed my name so much and right now on the kc-mm im smashking64
Yeah, but the text file clearly says "Project M - Closed Alpha, Clone Engine Codeset 11/26/13" not to mention each code lists who created it and sometimes the version number (which you couldn't know without access to the original code file).

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I'm a horrible playtester... I still have that same old build from when I first joined. I haven't played it forever. I promise I'll start playtesting again once I finish playing Golden Sun. That game is just so addicting that I can't do anything else.
Same here. I'll start playtesting after I finish Bleed, or when my friend gives me his SD card so I can update his version of PM.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Glitched out trying to start a match of squirtle vs. Ivysaur. Red Squirtle costume, white ivysaur.

BigOrb

Smash Rookie
Might be an annoying question but I couldn't find a thread search function, is there a way to play this with Dolphin? And if so, how?

Konuro Silver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Konuro Silver
3DS FC
0774-5097-4262
I've been hard at work looking for more bugs in the current build and nothing so far

Top Bottom