• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Alright, so next time no one is home I'll get the newer build. Until then, could someone on the team PM me all the confirmed and beta newcomers? All I know of are the original 5 that stayed (Pichu, Waluigi, Shadow, Ridley, and Lucina) and Isaac. But really, I'm dying to find out.

Also, a bug. It sounds familiar and I don't remember if it was in Project M or reported in this thread yet, but... Peach's final smash has no sound.

@ T The_Giant_Peach Did you ever get around to making that trailer? Just wondering.

The_Giant_Peach

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so next time no one is home I'll get the newer build. Until then, could someone on the team PM me all the confirmed and beta newcomers? All I know of are the original 5 that stayed (Pichu, Waluigi, Shadow, Ridley, and Lucina) and Isaac. But really, I'm dying to find out.

Also, a bug. It sounds familiar and I don't remember if it was in Project M or reported in this thread yet, but... Peach's final smash has no sound.

@ T The_Giant_Peach Did you ever get around to making that trailer? Just wondering.
My computer fried with all the data and everything. So no, I'm still a little salty about the whole thing.

Konuro Silver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Konuro Silver
3DS FC
0774-5097-4262

It's not just Peach's FS that is glitched with no music. It's glitched with Luigi and Dedede's FS too.

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
I think I reported that under any final smashs with music have none

Kurth N

Smash Cadet
In light of recent events, I'll be (at least temporarily) taking a less active role in this project.
With a "blank slate" version of P:M + BrawlEx readily available, (with fewer bugs plus characters with actual P:M physics) there's not really anything that makes this project unique, aside from the fact that one of the members leaked a "stolen" (for lack of a better word) P:M codeset.

If some people who really know what they're doing (PSAers, coders etc.) decide to join then great, I'm happy to lend a hand. But until then, this is pretty much just a dead 'project' 'pack' made entirely from other people's work.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Yeah I probably shouldn't leak the pm code sets anymore

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
...Has the solo bug been fixed yet? I still have the old bug, but it's still a major bug. It completely crashes when you go to any Stadium match, Event match, All-Star mode, or Classic mode. Before it crashes, you can also see that there are no icons for the difficulties (Easy, Normal, Hard, Very Hard, Intense...)

But like I said, I have no idea if this was fixed at all. I'll try updating as soon as possible.

On a side note, there really hasn't been much progress. So... a character request. Knuckle Joe. Do it. Now.

Thanks!

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
also guys sry but im gunna be restarting this project from scratch so i can add classic mode
allstar mode
and stage expansion :p

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I agree with what Kurth N said earlier, as this project is slightly outclassed by Project EX and is nothing more than Project M with characters that were made by other people. I've also pretty much done everything that I can for my role as a menu, strap, and logo designer, aside from editing the CSS to it's fullest. Unfortunately, I can't edit the CSS because I can't edit all of the images in it for some reason, which means that I can't Unbound-ify the CSS without jasgx giving me a helpng hand, which I've asked for in the past but have gotten no answers.

I'm still happy to help with Project M Unbound, and I'm willing to do more graphic design work for it if we need any, but I've been less in-touch and active with the project in the past few weeks due to a lack of stuff to help out with, as well as life just getting too busy for me. I don't even though if there's been another beta since the Lucina and Ridley beta got released.

jasgx, if you're still willing to get the CSS modded with a better interface, then please let me know. :)

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
also guys sry but im gunna be restarting this project from scratch so i can add classic mode
allstar mode
and stage expansion :p
Great idea. No, fabulous idea. No, beautiful idea. I really really want Classic/AllStar/Event/Stadium modes. But I have a very quick question: Is the download link that includes Isaac and Bowser Jr. up anywhere? The backroom download page still says beta 1, and I'm not sure if the public release has more than beta 1.

Konuro Silver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Konuro Silver
3DS FC
0774-5097-4262
Let this mod die and be reborn as a...fennecs?...fedex?....PHOENIX! that's the word....phoenix

red9rd

Smash Ace
Ive been asking character creators of some cool characters if they could update with Project M properties... so far I haven't received a response.
maybe if we all message them good things will happen.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
@ Handy Man Handy Man @ K Kurth N
I couldn't agree more. This build is so unprofessional I can't take it. Rather than designing original content for a sleek fun game, jasgx is just throwing other people's work into the mix and stitching it together. This is why PM doesn't want their code sets to be leaked. They're being used in a childish fashion. For god's sake, you now have Toon Link, Link, and Young Link. Count that up... THREE LINKS. Dear lord that is asinine. And the whole Mewtwo reversion thing. That is the opposite of progress. Don't fix something if it ain't broke. Until our "beloved developer" decides something is amiss here in this poorly sewn quilt of a game, I'm out.

Konuro Silver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Konuro Silver
3DS FC
0774-5097-4262
Okay so I am going to put this before some flame wars comes in but....This project was more like an experiment then anything and jasgx did exactly that.I was here since the beginning. I saw from the start that not many people believed that BrawlEX would work with Project M in anyway but jasgx did it but ever since some people got their hands on it they were hyped and I was happy about it. But ever since the public release are comments about the mod being "not fun" well I guess not many people understand the meaning of Beta. This one guy is coding up a storm to make a mod more fun for with more variety. So for some of you that want this to be something good then go help jasgx instead of calling it "Unprofessional" or "Broken" cause really now..complaining about something isn't going to help fix anything

Thank you for reading ^^

Kurth N

Smash Cadet
Okay so I am going to put this before some flame wars comes in but....This project was more like an experiment then anything and jasgx did exactly that.I was here since the beginning. I saw from the start that not many people believed that BrawlEX would work with Project M in anyway but jasgx did it but ever since some people got their hands on it they were hyped and I was happy about it. But ever since the public release are comments about the mod being "not fun" well I guess not many people understand the meaning of Beta. This one guy is coding up a storm to make a mod more fun for with more variety. So for some of you that want this to be something good then go help jasgx instead of calling it "Unprofessional" or "Broken" cause really now..complaining about something isn't going to help fix anything

Thank you for reading ^^
Just one thing I have to point out (which was for me the final straw) : Jasgx didn't make P:M work with BrawlEx, any more than he decoded the codeset. Instead, like everything else in this project, he took the work of someone else and never even bothered to credit them.

Last edited:

Konuro Silver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Konuro Silver
3DS FC
0774-5097-4262
Just one thing I have to point out (which was for me the final straw) : Jasgx didn't make P:M work with BrawlEx, any more than he decoded the codeset. Instead, like everything else in this project, he took the work of someone else and never even bothered to credit them.
Tell that to the person that renamed a robe and resold it as the Snuggie but I do see your point

Kurth N

Smash Cadet
Tell that to the person that renamed a robe and resold it as the Snuggie but I do see your point
True, in part I suppose that it's not that he directly used someone else's work, or even that he didn't give them credit (though that does bug me), it's that he took their work and claimed it was his.
Decoding P:M? Nope. Making P:M work with BrawlEx? Sorry. At least fixing BrawlEx glitches in the CSS? Wrong again. Literally the only thing actually done by a member of this "team" is the cosmetics by Luigifan141 and (possibly) Melee air dodge for a couple characters.

Last edited:

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
How about the Shadow the Hedgehog moveset that everyone and their mom uses?
I actually came up with one.... (Please keep in mind that I am not an expert on Smash or on Shadow the Hedgehog, I'm actually a Sonic the Hedgehog expert, [the character, not the games] just sayin'.)

SPECIALS

UpSpecial: "Chaos Control" (http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Control) Shadow freezes midair and says, "Chaos... CONTROL!!". He would hover for about a second, then he would teleport farther than Sheik or Zelda, but he's vulnerable when saying "Chaos Control", so that's why he teleports such a great distance.
NeutralSpecial: "Shadow Heal" (http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Heal) As the site says, he stands in place and heals %s slowly, about the same speed as Ivysaur's NeutralSpecial in Project M.
SideSpecial: "Chaos Spear" (http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Spear) Basically Ness' "PK Fire" mixed with Wolf's laser and ZSS' Paralyser. (or whatever it''s called) It's a pretty fast projectile, has a downward angle when shot from the air, (much like Ness' "PK Fire) with a slight hitstun, and he says "Chaos Spear" while doing it.
DownSpecial: "No idea what the crap I should call this one" Much like Lucario's DownSpecial in Brawl, Shadow whips out a Chaos Emerald and appears to be taunting, but if an opponent attacks him, he teleports above them and kicks downward, much like Sonic's Dair. Basically a counterattack.

SMASHES

UpSmash: Spins and snaps his fingers, (his signature way of performing Chaos Control) which creates an explosion of Chaos Energy, much like Lucas' UpSmash. If he doesn't charge the smash, he just snaps his fingers, but if you do, he spins around slowly.
SideSmash: Just a normal punch to the side, quite similar to Sonic's SideSmash.
DownSmash: Shadow throws two Chaos Spears into the ground beside him, which result in Chaos Energy exploding from the ground on both sides. Similar to Squirtle's DownSmash.

I would continue, but I thought this up a long time ago and forgot the rest. If you'd like to hear the rest, just reply. If you want to. But you don't have to.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I actually came up with one.... (Please keep in mind that I am not an expert on Smash or on Shadow the Hedgehog, I'm actually a Sonic the Hedgehog expert, [the character, not the games] just sayin'.)

SPECIALS

UpSpecial: "Chaos Control" (http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Control) Shadow freezes midair and says, "Chaos... CONTROL!!". He would hover for about a second, then he would teleport farther than Sheik or Zelda, but he's vulnerable when saying "Chaos Control", so that's why he teleports such a great distance.
NeutralSpecial: "Shadow Heal" (http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Heal) As the site says, he stands in place and heals %s slowly, about the same speed as Ivysaur's NeutralSpecial in Project M.
SideSpecial: "Chaos Spear" (http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Spear) Basically Ness' "PK Fire" mixed with Wolf's laser and ZSS' Paralyser. (or whatever it''s called) It's a pretty fast projectile, has a downward angle when shot from the air, (much like Ness' "PK Fire) with a slight hitstun, and he says "Chaos Spear" while doing it.
DownSpecial: "No idea what the crap I should call this one" Much like Lucario's DownSpecial in Brawl, Shadow whips out a Chaos Emerald and appears to be taunting, but if an opponent attacks him, he teleports above them and kicks downward, much like Sonic's Dair. Basically a counterattack.

SMASHES

UpSmash: Spins and snaps his fingers, (his signature way of performing Chaos Control) which creates an explosion of Chaos Energy, much like Lucas' UpSmash. If he doesn't charge the smash, he just snaps his fingers, but if you do, he spins around slowly.
SideSmash: Just a normal punch to the side, quite similar to Sonic's SideSmash.
DownSmash: Shadow throws two Chaos Spears into the ground beside him, which result in Chaos Energy exploding from the ground on both sides. Similar to Squirtle's DownSmash.

I would continue, but I thought this up a long time ago and forgot the rest. If you'd like to hear the rest, just reply. If you want to. But you don't have to.
Just so you know, Shadow's already in the mod.

Top Bottom