• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyTheBrokeMonarch

Smash Cadet
We'll have one a week or so from when we released the demo. Just give us some time, explore the characters and try to figure it out a bit on your own! :)
Why are you guys giving yourselves a time limit O.o
Coming from a guy who plays Street Fighter as well... We should all head to the lab and figure some things out on our own
We don't need to be asking the PMBR members everything

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I would consider using Squirtle because that pink skin is so good. I've tried him though and he's just not my style of character. Good luck to all you future mains.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
That's not normal because both of those stages were remade in 2.5. Make sure that you updated your stage folder or downloaded the right things.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Why are you guys giving yourselves a time limit O.o
Coming from a guy who plays Street Fighter as well... We should all head to the lab and figure some things out on our own
We don't need to be asking the PMBR members everything
Coming from a guy who plays UMvC3, I'm pampered. In case you're unfamiliar with it, that game's guide, complete with all move properties, frame data, and char statistics, was released practically on day 1. :p

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Dude, I freakin love Wario now! His nair is so good for gimps. I like his playstyle now so much more than in Brawl.

Dair is good for flashier gimps, but it's not as safe. Still awesome though.

Revven

FrankerZ
whats up with replay desync
Offline set has always, always had replays not working. If you want replays, you'll have to use the WiFi Set. But realize that you'll be forgoing proper light press shoulder buttons and C-stick buffering rolls/spot dodges when you're playing against someone to make a replay.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Wario has the best animations in the game, like my training session today started by practicing some stuff with him and trying to find all the easter egg stuff, but then ended with me just doing dumb stuff. Lol the noises he makes crack me up, and all of his taunts can be canceled, lol so op...

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
First impressions of Diddy:

How the hell am I supposed to use his dash attack? The end lag makes it extremely difficult to get anything out of it, and going off stage with it usually just puts me in a horrible position.
Bananas are... okay. I actually thought they would be much more powerful with Melee physics.
Peanuts are ridiculously good as an edgeguarding tool.
Up tilt is a little lackluster. Hard to follow up.
His aerials are all amazing.
His movement is unbelievably fun.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Kink-Link5 said:
Nair's wraparound seems to, at the very least, go further into the move's animation. I'm going to have to look at the frame data to confirm.

Breakdown of nair:

[collapse= Frame 4]
[/collapse]

[collapse= Frame 10]
[/collapse]

[collapse= Frame 15]
[/collapse]

[collapse= Frame 20]
[/collapse]

[collapse= Frame 25]
[/collapse]

The move is active from 4-22 in 2.1, and from 4-25 in 2.5

Also it's even more disjointed in 2.5 lololol
PMBR you cray-cray

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
So, does anyone have an opinion on who the best new character out of the four is?
Diddy, IMO, followed by Squirt, ZSS, and Ivy.

PMBR you cray-cray
It doesn't have as many body hitboxes though, it seems. I used to ram Zard's body into offstage opponents with nair to gimp them with a soft hit and it seems like that will be less effective now. Still, the changed KB trajectory angles should help with gimping.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I think my favorite animation on Wario is his slow walk. Seriouslyyyyy go check it out if you haven't. ;p
Yeah, he has some amazing new poses.

I also like his medium walk as a pseudo-taunt between stocks. Just take a few steps back and forth to show off that he is, in fact, capable of normal movement.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I can see from kink link's stuff about charizard's nair that they fixed that hurtbox in front of his face, now his grab is actually pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom