• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNinja

Smash Ace
Well I guess I'll have to just experiment with it more.

But again, going off of your wavedash analogy Kink, when somebody first learns to wavedash, most people have a hard time applying it or finding situations at first.

So since this is my first time shell shifting, would you be so kind as to list some examples of when it would be an ideal situation to shell shift?

:phone:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Hello, M-azing fans, just a quick word to thank all of you who have supported us so far. Also, within a few days, I will have updated the IGN Wiki, which I will link to when I'm done. I try to add tidbits of information on it at random.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman

But again, going off of your wavedash analogy Kink, when somebody first learns to wavedash, most people have a hard time applying it or finding situations at first.

So since this is my first time shell shifting, would you be so kind as to list some examples of when it would be an ideal situation to shell shift?

b4u gos in

an bubla spam

aslo croch op

Revven

FrankerZ
I haven't been able to tell if Usmash heals or not, sometimes it seems as if it does but other times it doesn't, more often than Dair and Uair not healing. I'm going to assume that they all have a certain sweetspot that heals, and the Usmash one is smaller. Would that assumption be correct? And am I missing anything that heals?
Usmash's sweetspot is deeper in the bulb. You have to be really close to someone to get it or right on top of them (as they are potentially falling into it).

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero

Similar to a wavedash, with less movement, less dedication, and an active hitbox. Use it when mixing up your approach or do silly stuff like turnaround->grab against their block. The active hitbox means it will beat side steps made to anticipate a grab 100% of the time, and it otherwise acts the same as a moving jab.

Meaning it can cover both jab resets and tech chases at once. Squirtle with them option selects.

See that? That's that level 20 theory crafting, but it's all true for the nature of the move.

Also he can still shellshift -> U/D-smash for a fast sliding smash.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Just thought of a really amazing thing that could be done to Charizard. Want to make him the ultimate aerial combatant? Make it so that Charizard can grab from the air with a special input. Since we got a little nerf on Fire Spin's killing power, could you imagine finishing your combo with a Seismic Toss (only throw that can be done from an air grab) from the very top of a place like Dreamland? The knockback and damage would increase based upon the altitude of the Seismic Toss. A low one does lesser damage but can set up for some combos or follow-ups on the ground, but if you can bag a really sky high one, risky as it is you're rewarded with an epic slam that can nail you the stock at the end of your combo.

To put it into perspective, you knock somebody up into the air with an USmash/FAir or something. Normally you'd use Fly to close that gap for an UAir or Up + B to finish your star KO. But when you use Fly, you instead take the chance to grab them mid-air and nail the Seismic Toss. The choice is yours.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Just thought of a really amazing thing that could be done to Charizard. Want to make him the ultimate aerial combatant? Make it so that Charizard can grab from the air with a special input. Since we got a little nerf on Fire Spin's killing power, could you imagine finishing your combo with a Seismic Toss (only throw that can be done from an air grab) from the very top of a place like Dreamland? The knockback and damage would increase based upon the altitude of the Seismic Toss. A low one does lesser damage but can set up for some combos or follow-ups on the ground, but if you can bag a really sky high one, risky as it is you're rewarded with an epic slam that can nail you the stock at the end of your combo.
Wow lol I had a very similar idea to that not too long ago, and its really good idea I think, unfortunately I think its pretty difficult to give a character a command grab that doesn't already have one. I could be wrong though but I seem to recall someone saying that before, so don't quote me on it.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Glad to know I'm not the only one regardless!

To me, that'd be the final touch to give to Charizard as far as a moveset is concerned, save for little tweaks the developers give to his properties.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to not have ZSS appear in 9/10 random matches? There's like 35 characters I want to play against, and I keep playing this loathsome fanservice character (with awesome moveset). I don't know if it was some virgin's idea to make her more probably to appear, but this should really be fixed even if it entails getting rid of ZSS in the random selector definitively. 0|

Also this demo is amazing thank you very much.

Also could you make it so that all the music is unlocked for PM? I don't have the unlock everything code and I want more music. :<

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Is it possible to not have ZSS appear in 9/10 random matches? There's like 35 characters I want to play against, and I keep playing this loathsome fanservice character (with awesome moveset). I don't know if it was some virgin's idea to make her more probably to appear, but this should really be fixed even if it entails getting rid of ZSS in the random selector definitively. 0|

Also this demo is amazing thank you very much.

Also could you make it so that all the music is unlocked for PM? I don't have the unlock everything code and I want more music. :<
I think you're just getting her all the time by coincidence. I'm pretty sure I got her on random in my first two matches, but I haven't seen her pop up again since. It's just, ya know, random.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
So how many Project: M Charizard mains are there out there? I'd say I've been using him since day 1. This character alone has me interested in pursuing this game competitively. :p
I don't main him, but I'm picking him up as my secondary. :D The air grab input sounds like an interesting idea, but Charizard has already been buffed a lot and I'm not sure they want to create another special input for a character (I read Lucario was their only exception). Even so, it would be interesting if it could be implemented but just difficult to master.

jalued

Smash Lord
First of all I would like to say that I love 2.5! The inputs feel much more responsive and all of the new characters are great fun to play (diddy for PM main <3). I also love all of the extra additions like stage striking and the crews mode which got me thinking about what else could be implimented.

I was wondering if it would be possible to expand the training mode so that people can practice better against the AI. For example:

- A CPU option that makes the AI shield constantly (possibly without natural shield reduction) so that you can practice L-cancelling moves and shield pressuring.

- An option to make the CPU tech in a random direction whenever they hit the ground (to practice followups)

That's all I can think of so far. I think that these additions would be of real benefit to the community and I hope you like them

Jalued

Edit: I would also like to say that all of the characters feel unique and interesting, which is impressive considering the large number of characters. There has been a lot of careful character design for 2.5 and it works really well

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I like the idea of a training CPU that shields against you so you can practice shield pressure, but I feel like makign it so he doesn't just shatter his shield all day would be difficult. If it were possible, having them do generic OOS stuff like grab, sh nair, roll away, upb, shielddrop usmash at random in response to you touchign their shield would be super awesome.

That all sounds terribly complicated, though. Making training mode CPUs have no natural shield reduction seems like a difficult thing to isolate.

jalued

Smash Lord
I like the idea of a training CPU that shields against you so you can practice shield pressure, but I feel like makign it so he doesn't just shatter his shield all day would be difficult. If it were possible, having them do generic OOS stuff like grab, sh nair, roll away, upb, shielddrop usmash at random in response to you touchign their shield would be super awesome.

That all sounds terribly complicated, though. Making training mode CPUs have no natural shield reduction seems like a difficult thing to isolate.
yeah the OOS options would be really cool as well

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I'm really liking some of Wario's changes, ESPECIALLY that added Bite mobility. The new dash grab distance and moving bthrow are also really cool, and being able to act after Waft is simply a godsend. Kudos to the PMBR for Wario improvements. ;)

Edit: And Squirtle's added mobility from all his specials is crazy! B-reversed Bubble and WB/RBR Water Gun are just simply amazing for mixing up his movement in the air. Water gun also has some Sheik Needle-like uses, which I find greatly pleasing.

Waaaaahhh
People are working mad hard to develop a game for me to play for free that they totally don't even have to do at all, but I'm not gonna just appreciate it and enjoy it though. I'm gonna whine about things like Diddy's,jump not going as high as I want, Lucario's shield being weak, and a couple of songs that were replaced that I can effortlessly get back if I chose to.
Waaaaaahhh
My post wasn't a complaint, which I thought I made pretty clear. I was simply telling other people that it's pretty easy to re-designate songs that the PMBR put in without risk and how to do it if so desired.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
So

Until SSB4 comes out all Im playing is P:M.

I wish more people lived by me to play / were still even interested in smash at all.

I wanna main all the characters, all of them are so fun ...

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Where do you live?

Shell shift > pivot grab works really well on-hit against chars at low-mid %'s. For me, it seemed to work especially well against FFers. The tech also has a pretty decent time for hit-confirmation. At higher %'s, it causes knockdown, and I don't have to tell you the great TC options that gives Squirt then.

Edit: I've gotta work with it some more, but it seems like one can also cancel the shell shift 'mid-shift' to keep running in the direction he was originally going. I guess this is good as a fake-out. Someone anticipates a shell shift and puts up a shield, so Squirt cancels the shift and runs in to grab. Also, don't forget that shell shift gives Squirtle hydroplane options. Hydroplane usmash, JC grab, and SH, in particular, seem extremely useful. The hydroplane, for a moment, makes Squirtle way faster than he normally is, so he gets added mobility and speed, which is really helpful for actions that can utilize it (the actions I listed above). Still working on all these things, but you should definitely keep shell shifting in mind when considering Squirtle's useful arsenal.

Revven

FrankerZ
So

Until SSB4 comes out all Im playing is P:M.

I wish more people lived by me to play / were still even interested in smash at all.

I wanna main all the characters, all of them are so fun ...
I've read lots of people saying that they had friends no longer interested in Smash who were then back into it after playing P:M.

Just saying, maybe you should try to get them to play it with you if you sell it right. :)

iLink

Smash Champion
Which files to I need to swap out to go between the wifi and full set? I heard the gct isn't the only change.

McNinja

Smash Ace
Where do you live?

Shell shift > pivot grab works really well on-hit against chars at low-mid %'s. For me, it seemed to work especially well against FFers. The tech also has a pretty decent time for hit-confirmation. At higher %'s, it causes knockdown, and I don't have to tell you the great TC options that gives Squirt then.

Edit: I've gotta work with it some more, but it seems like one can also cancel the shell shift 'mid-shift' to keep running in the direction he was originally going. I guess this is good as a fake-out. Someone anticipates a shell shift and puts up a shield, so Squirt cancels the shift and runs in to grab. Also, don't forget that shell shift gives Squirtle hydroplane options. Hydroplane usmash, JC grab, and SH, in particular, seem extremely useful. The hydroplane, for a moment, makes Squirtle way faster than he normally is, so he gets added mobility and speed, which is really helpful for actions that can utilize it (the actions I listed above). Still working on all these things, but you should definitely keep shell shifting in mind when considering Squirtle's useful arsenal.
Lol yeah I know how to combo out of it when I hit with it. I just need to know in what situation would I be able to hit with it.

When's the best time to use it? Tech chases? Just a mix up every now and then?

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Oh ok, gotcha.

Lol yeah I know how to combo out of it when I hit with it. I just need to know in what situation would I be able to hit with it.

When's the best time to use it? Tech chases? Just a mix up every now and then?]
From what I suspect, those two instances you just named would be good times to use it, and it's probably also a good poke to throw out on shields without being punished. It might also be a nice tactic to throw in under projectiles, like Falco's lasers and Samus' missiles. I still have to play around with this against actual people more than I have when he was still in development. I do wish he had that weak armor on his shell shift, though. It would make it SO much easier to throw it out there without risking some kind of hitbox messing it up. :ohwell: Also, one thing I'm thinking of trying out is shell shift > SH > B-reversed Bubble.

Edit: Maybe replace that Bubble with reverse Water Gun or B-reversed Water Gun. I know for sure that Shell Shift induces knockdown at mid to high %'s, so now I'd like to know which things cause resets. If those things do that, then I've got myself a move that quickly forces a possibly unexpected knockdown immediately followed by a missed tech reset, which would definitely lead to some big damage. Of course, if those things don't work, I could probably just go for a big hit with usmash or dsmash. Squirtle has so many options! :joyful:

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
I've just noticed that my AI are starting to be ZSS most of the time... Do i just need to redownload?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Random just isn't very random tbh. I've played 100 random games and I get mario 20% Link 25% Fox 10% and everyone else somewhere randomly in between.

I'm going to go ahead and say....I can't play Squirtle...I will not be playing him.

Revven

FrankerZ
Random has hardly been touched from Brawl and iirc, Random has always been really weird since Brawl. Often times you'll get one character and then the next straight three matches in a row you'll get that same character on random anyway.

It's really weird but that's how Brawl's Random is. Also, the whole favoring Mario thing in Random was fixed in 2.1 and should still be that way in 2.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom