• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
So if you can run Riivolution through StackSmash why isn't it used instead of Gecko OS for hackless? It's only holding back P:M from having custom sound effects.
I agree here

No, Riivo still goes at a snail's pace compared to Gecko OS. I don't, personally, see the advantage of switching hackless over to Riivo because of that + we don't currently even have a modified .brsar anyway (which would be the only reason to switch over... but even then, I don't think people want the game to have that 10-15 second loading time at the start that P:M removed to begin with).

Just IMO.
Am I missing something? Riivolution runs just fine on my Wii, there's no lengthy loading times besides the 5 second wait when I first start it up, but that absolutely miniscule, I think the advantages Riivolution offers FAR outweighs that 1 thing

CORY

wut
BRoomer
when i tried usb loading through riivo (with a thumbdrive) it seemed waaaaaaay slower than it did with the sd card.

and for clarification: when i said i had bad loading times with riivo, i meant the initial booting it up. when i first installed riivo and used no custom anythings, it would take about 30 seconds to load up riivo to boot pm, which really wasn't any worse at all than going into stage creation and booting smashstack through that. now that i have my pile of stuff on the card, it can take about 3 minutes, if my card is being obnoxious, but it's usually 1 or 2. after that, i don't notice any longer load times.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
For some reason I've started to think of PMBR buffing Cook Kirby to actually kill, or maybe change it to Mike Kirby. But that's total impossible to achieve.

FRENUM

Smash Cadet
Is there any chance of making Kirby a smaller character in general? I always felt like his smash incarnation was much bigger than he was in his classic games. Just a thought

:phone:

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
So we'll be streaming this Wednesday some time between 12noon and 4pm with:
Eli, Leelue, Gurukid, Doowop, Gallo(possibly), and the one and only metroid! So don't miss it. :)

McNinja

Smash Ace
Is there any chance of making Kirby a smaller character in general? I always felt like his smash incarnation was much bigger than he was in his classic games. Just a thought

While I agree with you on most cases, I feel like Kirby put on a few pounds for Kirby and the Crystal Shards.

He was fairly large in that one. Expecially in relation to D3.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
OK cool. I guess multiple people should spread the love and do the same. ;)

Am I missing something? Riivolution runs just fine on my Wii, there's no lengthy loading times besides the 5 second wait when I first start it up, but that absolutely miniscule, I think the advantages Riivolution offers FAR outweighs that 1 thing
Well, I think once you start using those advantages to actually start putting custom SFX and stuff, all the loads become longer. I'm wondering if it also makes in-game loading (Sheilda transformation) longer...

So are a large portion of the cast. Pikachu should be small enough to sit on Mario's head, not big enough to reach past his waist. Jiggs should only be a little under 2 feet tall. Mewtwo and Zard should be/have been able to fly.

#Canon

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I've only ever played project m on my buddy's wii, and I figured it was takign forever to load the shielda transformation because "welp, custom content". Then I loaded project m on my wii with nothing but the basic package, and it works totally fine.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Phase 1: Ike dittos
Phase 2: King Kong status
Phase 3: You're too slow
Phase 4: Hey get back here
Phase 5: Depression

The 5 phases of playing NY in Project M

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I'm pretty sad that I won't be around for that :( should be hype though, definitely doing my best to tune into the stream.

Aww man, I'm so hyped to play against NY! I hope I do a good job representing IL and the MW though.
You got this. Pretty sure Eli hasn't dropped a serious set to anyone besides M2K though, so good luck with that :p

:059:

MaxThunder

PM Support
just a note about riivolution... on my wii, any loading with riivolution took 5 to 10 seconds... then i added melee sfx and japanese voices and it's 5 to 20 seconds now...

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
just a note about riivolution... on my wii, any loading with riivolution took 5 to 10 seconds... then i added melee sfx and japanese voices and it's 5 to 20 seconds now...
If you want acceptable loading times with SFX then USB Load. It's faster than Gecko and Riivolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom