• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I guess he means that maybe Solarbeam was meant to be horizontally shot from the mouth, but then was switched to shoot from angle due placing it on the bulb.

abcool

Smash Ace
If we are nitpicking about the game. I say give Fox/Falco back their Melee landing animation. They look glitchy in PM everytime i see them wavedash. I am probably just to used to Melee, but it just looks weird, especially Falco. You don't have to do it though; nobody notices these little things anyway.

leelue

Smash Lord
An ivy beam from the mouth could actually work as a hype techchase. Or hit people trying to waveland from the ledge in their endlag. Also, pulling it back means ivy might have to catch up to the opponent a little more than she's capable of when she's following up, since she is sloooooow.
Just sayin
Also Shoopdawoop

**** Canon

Leaf I had played her when it was a shoopa beam and it didnt liik awkward.

Kati

Smash Lord
Does the hackless-riivolution method have decent loading times? I found that when using an sd card, gecko much faster than riivolution.

Revven

FrankerZ
Does the hackless-riivolution method have decent loading times? I found that when using an sd card, gecko much faster than riivolution.
No, Riivo still goes at a snail's pace compared to Gecko OS. I don't, personally, see the advantage of switching hackless over to Riivo because of that + we don't currently even have a modified .brsar anyway (which would be the only reason to switch over... but even then, I don't think people want the game to have that 10-15 second loading time at the start that P:M removed to begin with).

Just IMO.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
yea, my buddy that uses riivolution on his wii and has a whole bunch of hacks has everything movign slower than you can believe. I just loaded up hackless PM and it has blazing speed by comparison, and you can even change from zelda to sheik in a reasonable span of time.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
have to use riivo myself (hackless won't see my gc controllers and we couldn't fix that) and it didn't load toooo slowly until i added in a crapton of songs. i'm pretty sure it's not too bad until you throw more stuff on your sd card.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
>obtain wii, brawl, and sd card

>attempt to download 2.1 installer

>installer gives me error saying that it can't connect to the host

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Gecko OS is also a ton easier to set up and use, isn't it?
Riivolution is far superior if you know how to write the .xml file. I've replaced tons of things on my personal xml. Having folders clearly marked as "BSPs" and "ABPs" etc. etc. helps immensely, even after returning to it after losing interest for a while.

Only problem with Rii, for me anyways, is slow as **** load times. That in combination with a dying Wii cause load times of up to 30 seconds...

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
what settings and **** does VGBootcamp and everyone who streams PM use? you guys streams are always really nice, and then theres me, with mediocre quality ;_;

Yung Mei

I use a dazz DVC 100 and have xsplit quality set to 6. I also have deinterlace set to standard.
sweet thnx :3c

on a related note, i FINALLY got riivolution working :3c

however, i accidentally deleted my custom sounds file

;w;

`dazrin

Smash Champion
what settings and **** does VGBootcamp and everyone who streams PM use? you guys streams are always really nice, and then theres me, with mediocre quality ;_;
I use a dazzle DVC100. Stream at 854x480 resolution, 30 fps, using AmarecTV to capture the input and audio together. I have quality set to 10, and my upload speed is 3mbps. I use xsplit at the moment, but I'm going to experiment with OBSproject.

You need a decent computer to be able to handle streaming, as well as an upload speed of at least 2mbps to have a watchable fps.

edit:
Apparently my resolution was ********. Fixed it. Also, OBS project is very good, but I need to learn more about how to customize everything.

Yung Mei

bookmarked both posts for future reference, thanks guys :3c

So i noticed something when i had PM loaded through riivolution - it still reads hacks through the sd card :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom